• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

When I click on a category, it just brings up the index.php.html page. How do I make it bring up a page that lists all the products in the category?

I suppose what I could do is just remove the content/text from index.php.html and replace it with $content - but then which template file dictates what is presented on the opening/home page?

You would use index.php_0.html for your home page.

You need to add the $content tag back into your index.php.html template or you will lose most of the osCommerce functions for your shop.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

You would use index.php_0.html for your home page.

You need to add the $content tag back into your index.php.html template or you will lose most of the osCommerce functions for your shop.

That didn't work. The site doesn't use index.php_0.html as the home page. So it uses index.html.php and that pages actually brings up errors:

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/dev/store/index.php on line 316

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/dev/store/index.php on line 316

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/user/public_html/dev/store/index.php on line 316

Any idea why my site isn't using index.php_0.html as the home page?

Thank you

Edited by aceman

That didn't work. The site doesn't use index.php_0.html as the home page. So it uses index.html.php and that pages actually brings up errors:

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/user/public_html/dev/store/index.php on line 316

Any idea why my site isn't using index.php_0.html as the home page?

Thank you

It should without any issues unless you are not running the latest version (STSv4.5.8). Have you enabled the STS Index Module in the admin?

The other error has nothing to do with STS as it is pointing to includes/modules/upcoming_products.php.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi all,

I've had a shop going using a basic STS template for about 3 years and its well overdue a change. Unfortunately, whatever I do, I can't get the template to change. It always displays my old one.

The only part of the STS module within admin that responds is setting "Use Templates" to false, which causes the site to lose all formatting, as expected. Anything else I amend, always keeps the old style.

I've tried emptying my cache and tmp directories, but it makes no difference whatsoever. Does anybody know where the hell it is getting this template from ?!

Cheers

Andy

Hi all,

I've had a shop going using a basic STS template for about 3 years and its well overdue a change. Unfortunately, whatever I do, I can't get the template to change. It always displays my old one.

The only part of the STS module within admin that responds is setting "Use Templates" to false, which causes the site to lose all formatting, as expected. Anything else I amend, always keeps the old style.

I've tried emptying my cache and tmp directories, but it makes no difference whatsoever. Does anybody know where the hell it is getting this template from ?!

Cheers

Andy

You most likely had an older version of STS installed at one time and did not completely delete it. The older versions of STS made changes to the configuration files so you will need to look in there.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

You most likely had an older version of STS installed at one time and did not completely delete it. The older versions of STS made changes to the configuration files so you will need to look in there.

Thanks Bill ! You were most definitely correct. I didn't realise there were lines within configure.php as I was using attempting to upgrade using the install guide for a much later version than I had installed previously.

Your help is much appreciated !

Cheers

Andy

Hi !

I'm trying to use a variable text define into my template.

I've had it in my english.php file, like that : define('MY_VARIABLE', 'My text');

But in my template i can't find how to use it. I want to put it into a div like that :

<div>
	MY_VARIABLE
</div>

But it doesn't work. I think i've missed something :P

Thanks ;)

Edited by skurlat

Hi !

I'm trying to use a variable text define into my template.

I've had it in my english.php file, like that : define('MY_VARIABLE', 'My text');

But in my template i can't find how to use it. I want to put it into a div like that :

<div>
	MY_VARIABLE
</div>

But it doesn't work. I think i've missed something :P

Thanks ;)

You either need to add a PHP echo statement in your template or create a STS tag for the text.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi,

I've created some placeholders in sts_user_code.php, but one of them that i'm using in content/product_info.php.html only works with certain names... example:

I've created:

$sts->start_capture();
require('parcelas.php');
$sts->stop_capture('parcelas');

and put $parcelas in content/product_info.php.html

it doesn't work...

but if I change $sts->stop_capture('parcelas'); to $sts->stop_capture('cartoes'); and make the change in product_info too, it works! just because the name...

what's happening?

thanks!!!

I've searched through the forum but cannot seem to find an answer. I've installed STS 4.5.8 and I would like to style the headers of just the left and right column info boxes (Categories box in particular), so that they use a non-repeating image for the background and have a fixed width, however changing the TD.infoBoxHeader style also changes the header in things like the Featured Item Box and Product Info box.

Is there a way to style just one particular box header that I'm missing? Is there something I need to do to allow STS or OSC to recognize a new style class for a table?

Nevermind I sorted it out, since I was using the STS Power Pack them with the categories css menu, I had to make an infobox_categories_cssmenu.php.html file (the standard infobox_categories.php.html file did not apply.

I've searched through the forum but cannot seem to find an answer. I've installed STS 4.5.8 and I would like to style the headers of just the left and right column info boxes (Categories box in particular), so that they use a non-repeating image for the background and have a fixed width, however changing the TD.infoBoxHeader style also changes the header in things like the Featured Item Box and Product Info box.

Is there a way to style just one particular box header that I'm missing? Is there something I need to do to allow STS or OSC to recognize a new style class for a table?

Of course. You simply need to take advantage of the Infobox Template feature in STS.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I have sts template 4.5.8 installed on site with rss feed. When sts isn't activate all working, and when I surf in the site and I click on rss symbol I see the correct page of rss feed. If I activate sts, I enter in the site and click on rss symbol but it appear the form for download rss.php and don't work. Why?! What can I do?

The site is http://www.catinipipe.com

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

This is a totally confused female here :blush:

I've spent a week checking out the module. I've finally read all of the posts in this thread. I have no index.php_0.html file. Am I supposed to?

I've re-downloaded "Latest version of STS is 4.5.8" and explored the whole folder, there is no index.php_0.html file included. Do I need to make one?

Sorry to be a pain, told you I was confused. The more I read the more muddled I become.

Thank you in advance, Tina

Edited by femalegreenuser

Hi all,

This is a totally confused female here :blush:

I've spent a week checking out the module. I've finally read all of the posts in this thread. I have no index.php_0.html file. Am I supposed to?

I've re-downloaded "Latest version of STS is 4.5.8" and explored the whole folder, there is no index.php_0.html file included. Do I need to make one?

Sorry to be a pain, told you I was confused. The more I read the more muddled I become.

Thank you in advance, Tina

Hello Tina,

I suggest that you take a look at the following Newbie Tips:

Post #5160 in the STSv4 Support Thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1400113

Also, take a look at the docs folder that came with the STSv4.5.8 download as it helps explain the different STS modules and what each one does.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi all,

i have searched this forum and cant 'exactly' find the answer im looking for.

i already have a template (a free contrib) installed on my site.

i am wanting to install this contrib. Am i able to then install or upload a template that i have made in photoshop? I finally have the look and colours that i want but im having trouble trying to figure out the right way to install it to my already existing page :0

thanks

Hi to all,

how can i modify the shipping.php file(catalog/includes/languages/english/shipping.php), to show me what i whant, i wish to show a html file, or to integrate in php code the html code;

shipping.php php code:

<?php
/*
 $Id: shipping.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'How I buy?');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'How I buy?');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Soon..');
?>

html code that i whant to show in this page:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>
<meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
<style type="text/css">

.style1 {
background-image: url('c:/server/www/myserver.dev/public_html/catalog/img/back_bar.gif');
color: #ffffff;
font-weight:bold;
font-size: large;
}
.style2 {
background-color:#242f4a;
color:#ffffff;
font-weight:bold;
}
.style3 {
color:#242f4a;
font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
font-size:12.0pt;

}

.style4 {
font-size: large;
}
.style5 {
font-size: medium;
}

</style>
</head>

<body>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
<tr><td class="style1"> A. Cum Cumpar   </td>
</tr><td> </td>
<tr>
<td class="style2">        
1. Comanda pe site</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="style3">

<span class="style5">Aceasta este metoda recomandata pentru a comanda produse deoarece:

</span><br />
<br />
Produsul este identificat clar si orice erori sunt evitate;</p>

Aveti acces permanent la stadiul comenzii Dumneavoastra si la 
	comentariile pe care consultantii nostii de vanzari le adauga acestei 
	comenzi. 
	Pentru a lansa comenzi este necesar sa va inregistrati (adica sa va 
	faceti un cont de client), folosind date de identificare valide. 
	Magazinul foloseste un <span style="mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">cos de 
	cumparaturi</span> "virtual", in care dumneavoastra adaugati produse 
	folosind butonul <span style="mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Cumpara</span> 
	sau <span style="mso-bidi-font-weight:
bold">dauga in Cos</span>. Acest buton il puteti gasi in dreptul fiecarui produs,
	<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>la lista de produse sau la pagina 
	cu detaliile despre produs.<br />
	<br />
	Dupa ce ati adaugat un produs in cos, se va deschide pagina unde este 
	prezentat continutul cosului de cumparaturi. In acest moment puteti fie 
	sa va intoarceti la pagina anterioara folosind butonul
	<span style="mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Continua Cumparaturile</span>, 
	fie sa trimiteti comanda folosind butonul
	<span style="mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Trimite comanda</span>.<br />
	<br />
	Cand va decideti sa trimiteti comanda, in ecranul
	<span style="mso-bidi-font-weight:
bold">Trimite comanda</span> aveti de ales tipul cumparatorului (persoana fizica 
	sau juridica), adresele de facturare si de livrare, precum si 
	modalitatile de plata si livrare; puteti sa adaugati datele despre firma 
	Dumneavoastra sau alte adrese folosind
	<span style="mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Contul meu</span>. Dupa ce ati 
	bifat optiunile dorite, dati click pe butonul
	<span style="mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Confirma comanda.</span><br />
	<br />
	In ecranul <span style="mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Confirmare comanda</span> 
	veti revedea informatiile despre comanda: cumparator, adrese de 
	facturare/livrare, modalitati de plata/livrare, produsele din comanda si 
	valoarea totala a comenzii. Pentru a trimite comanda apasati butonul
	<span style="mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Trimite comanda</span>. <br />
	<br />
	<span style="mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Indiferent de modul de 
	transmitere a comenzii (pe site, prin e-mail, telefonic, prin alta 
	metoda) acceptarea acestei comenzi, deci incheierea acordului de vointa 
	si a contractului de vanzare cumparare <strong>se face in momentul semnarii de 
	catre client a facturii fiscale</strong> ce insoteste produsul. Factura fiscala 
	tine loc de contract de vanzare-cumparare. Lansarea comenzii, e-mail-ul 
	automat care se transmite dupa primirea comenzii si discutiile 
	telefonice, prin e-mail si prin orice alte metode, cu personalul <strong>S.C. 
	THEOTOP S.R.L</strong>. , nu constituie acceptari ferme ale comenzii si deci nu 
	semnifica incheierea contractului la distanta.</span> <br />
	<br />
	<span style="mso-bidi-font-weight:bold"><strong>Theotop Produse Faynot</strong> va 
	recomanda realizarea comenzilor online, prin intermediul adreselor de 
	email puse la dispozitia Dumneavoastra la fiecare produs in parte, 
	pentru a putea astfel sa asiguram prelucrarea, urmarirea si livrarea cat 
	mai prompte ale comenzii Dumneavoastra.</span></span><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-language:RO">
	<o:p></o:p></span></p>
	</td>
</tr>
<tr>
</table>
</body>
</html?

Hi all,

i have searched this forum and cant 'exactly' find the answer im looking for.

i already have a template (a free contrib) installed on my site.

i am wanting to install this contrib. Am i able to then install or upload a template that i have made in photoshop? I finally have the look and colours that i want but im having trouble trying to figure out the right way to install it to my already existing page :0

thanks

You would need to convert the photoshop image to an HTML page. Photoshop has the ability to do this within the program itself (see slice).

Once you have your HTML page, you would need to convert it to a STS template. This is very simple to do.

1. First, install STSv4.5.8
  2. Rename the sts_template.html to sts_template_orig.html
  3. Upload your photoshop HTML page to your STS template folder (includes/sts_templates/*your_template_folder/photoshop.html)
  4. Rename your photoshop.html to sts_template.html. This will now be your default template.
  5. Now begin converting your new sts_template.html to a STS template by adding the beginning code found in the blank template that came with the download (includes/sts_templates/test/blank.html). You need this in order for STS to know that this is indeed a STS template page.
  6. Begin adding more template pages if you need them or you can run your entire site based off of the default template you created in the previous steps above.

Hope that helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi to all,

how can i modify the shipping.php file(catalog/includes/languages/english/shipping.php), to show me what i whant, i wish to show a html file, or to integrate in php code the html code;

Have you tried creating a shipping.php.html template page?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

HI

I tried downloading it through the lisnk many times but an error message appears. Is there an alternative link/way to download STS.

Please help.. i'm new to osc.

thanx

The most current download link would be STSv4.5.8 Jan 23, 2008. Link in my signature below.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am having issues with the info_box template for STS. I have installed the latest version of STS and osCommerce and when I change the info_box template I do not get a change. I have turned on info box templates in the admin mode, and tried changing the filename to another specific category (ie infobox_categories.php.html) this still does not change the look or feel of it. Is there something i have done wrong? I know that i can change some things in the css to make it different but I want to be able to change the picture in the corner and insert some of my own text can this be done?

I am having issues with the info_box template for STS. I have installed the latest version of STS and osCommerce and when I change the info_box template I do not get a change. I have turned on info box templates in the admin mode, and tried changing the filename to another specific category (ie infobox_categories.php.html) this still does not change the look or feel of it. Is there something i have done wrong? I know that i can change some things in the css to make it different but I want to be able to change the picture in the corner and insert some of my own text can this be done?

You have to save your infobox templates in your template folder's "boxes" folder.

See the STSv4 Forum link in my signature below (It will take you to a set of Newbie Links that you should read up on).

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions