• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hey guys Ive only been using OsCommerce for a few weeks now but it proves to be a very versatile platform for online business :) Recently I installed the STS contribution with no problems and easily changed the layout of my pages. Now I am trying to add on the MoPics contribution (or any multiple image software for that matter) and Ive tried once and managed to mess up my site so it only came up with a blank page... I was wondering if you could either help or provide me info on how to install Mopics into my store along with STS... Help would be GREATLY appreciated... Bill K. I hope youre reading :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm sure i installed this correctly but am having no luck using it. I go to the admin area and under the modules section, for sts there is the path to the module directory but clicking 'install' does nothing. I include a screenshot. This is on a new oscommerce 2.2 install. I replaced all files specified in the install.html file.

Thanks

osc.JPG

Hi,

I'm sure i installed this correctly but am having no luck using it. I go to the admin area and under the modules section, for sts there is the path to the module directory but clicking 'install' does nothing. I include a screenshot. This is on a new oscommerce 2.2 install. I replaced all files specified in the install.html file.

Thanks

osc.JPG

You don't install corectly this contribution. After replace the files from rc2 folder do you copy the files from STS folder into your catalog folder?

Yes i did that. I followed the instructions to the letter. Maybe i should try the manual install?

Hello dwayne,

You are missing some files. This could happen by user error or your FTP client software did not make a complete upload (very common).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

on top of the left column I am getting this $categorycssmenu I know I must have missed a tag but would not know where to look. I am using modernr2ca template. I also get a page error yellow flag on the bottom left corner. Can anyone offer suggestions on where to look to fix this?

Pat

on top of the left column I am getting this $categorycssmenu I know I must have missed a tag but would not know where to look. I am using modernr2ca template. I also get a page error yellow flag on the bottom left corner. Can anyone offer suggestions on where to look to fix this?

Pat

Pat,

FYI: You should have continued your posts in the STSv4 thread.

Your issue is really not an issue but more of you not reading all of the install text that came with the modern rc2 template for STS. In the text, it states that it comes with an "optional" css menu. The tag that you mentioned is what would pull in that css menu if you had installed the files that came with the template that pertained to the menu. Also, the error that you see is because the template came with the JavaScript that makes the css menu work. It can't find the files mentioned earlier and that is why you are getting the error.

If you do not want the css menu, remove the tag as well as remove the JavaScript from the template.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks, Bill I guess I posted here by mistake I thought this was the STS forum. Anyway I will take a look at my install again. I thought I did upload and install everything.

Pat

Greetings to you Bill (and all)

Sorry to butt in here on this STS support forum, but I am hoping someone may be able to help me with a small display issue I'm having - it's not a big issue, but I would love to solve it as it's a bit messy looking !

I use STS (it's awesome) - everything is fine, except that column_right seems to have an issue positioning itself when a sub-category has been selected.

Could this be an error in my sts template? I would suspect it's a missing tag somewhere - can anyone help?

The main categories display correctly, the sub category doesn't - the right column is not wrapping correctly!

for example:

1) http://www.boomclothing.com/store2/index.php?cPath=46_45_25 - right column correct

2) http://www.boomclothing.com/store2/index.php?cPath=46_45 - sub category - right column too high!

Thanks in advance

Hi There,

I'm trying to install sts for oscommerce rc2a with buy safe (through Fantastico), however every time i try and install I go back the the oscommerce homepage and encounter the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@!@£$%^&*.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is there any reason for this? I've tried several times over the last few days and can't figure out why this is happening. I'm new at this and hope it's something simple I've missed.

Thanks

Scott

Hi There,

I'm trying to install sts for oscommerce rc2a with buy safe (through Fantastico), however every time i try and install I go back the the oscommerce homepage and encounter the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@!@£$%^&*.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is there any reason for this? I've tried several times over the last few days and can't figure out why this is happening. I'm new at this and hope it's something simple I've missed.

Thanks

Scott

Scott,

This appears to be a server issue but it could be caused by a installation gone bad.

Check the root .htaccess file and make sure that it is compatible with the PHP version that is running on your server. A good way to test it is to temporarily remove it (or rename it).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Greetings to you Bill (and all)

Sorry to butt in here on this STS support forum, but I am hoping someone may be able to help me with a small display issue I'm having - it's not a big issue, but I would love to solve it as it's a bit messy looking !

I use STS (it's awesome) - everything is fine, except that column_right seems to have an issue positioning itself when a sub-category has been selected.

Could this be an error in my sts template? I would suspect it's a missing tag somewhere - can anyone help?

The main categories display correctly, the sub category doesn't - the right column is not wrapping correctly!

for example:

1) http://www.boomclothing.com/store2/index.php?cPath=46_45_25 - right column correct

2) http://www.boomclothing.com/store2/index.php?cPath=46_45 - sub category - right column too high!

Thanks in advance

It appears you are using tables to layout your design. If that is so, you would need to edit the header table so that it is a fixed width going across the page and be sure that your infoboxes and middle content is in a separate div or table of their own to prevent them from extending into the header. The sample template has this in place so you can use it as an example.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi,

well plodding on with the mods, and now have a problem with ultra pics and sts.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction with this with what I need to do.

Now not sure where the problem lies exactly as it kind of works with sts switched off but not as I expected.

So firstly how should it look when its working properly on a site, just that some of the features descrbed dont seem to be available like next and previous.

Secondly when i install

Add after:

<link href="stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

The following:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/lightbox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/builder.js"></script>

I get a black top half of the screen and at the bottom I get the loading.gif which has when hovevered over gives / yourdomain/catalog/# and it hangs, click on the loading gif takes me back to the equivalent of the home page.

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Hi,

well plodding on with the mods, and now have a problem with ultra pics and sts.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction with this with what I need to do.

Now not sure where the problem lies exactly as it kind of works with sts switched off but not as I expected.

So firstly how should it look when its working properly on a site, just that some of the features descrbed dont seem to be available like next and previous.

Secondly when i install

Add after:

<link href="stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

The following:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/builder.js"></script>

I get a black top half of the screen and at the bottom I get the loading.gif which has when hovevered over gives / yourdomain/catalog/# and it hangs, click on the loading gif takes me back to the equivalent of the home page.

Thanks

Johnny

You are actually discussing three different add-ons: STS, Ultra Pics and Lightbox.

Add the JavaScript directly in your STS template as so:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html $htmlparams>
<head>
<!--$headcontent-->
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir/stylesheet.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"></script>
</head>

Here is a link to a working version of STS, UltraPics, Lightbox: Visit Test Website

Go to any of the products and then click on the images. The above shop really does not take advantage of the multi-images but the one below does (although it does not use the lightbox feature): Visit Test2 Website

The site for STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack) has a installation guide for installing the ultrapic/lightbox/STS combo.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

You are actually discussing three different add-ons: STS, Ultra Pics and Lightbox.

<html $htmlparams>
<head>
<!--$headcontent-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"></script>
</head>

Here is a link to a working version of STS, UltraPics, Lightbox: Visit Test Website

Go to any of the products and then click on the images. The above shop really does not take advantage of the multi-images but the one below does (although it does not use the lightbox feature): Visit Test2 Website

The site for STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack) has a installation guide for installing the ultrapic/lightbox/STS combo.

I am checking through this now having a few problems but will get back to you to let you know if i get it sorted or get stuck again

Thanks for your help

Johnny

<html $htmlparams>
<head>
<!--$headcontent-->
</head>

Hi Bill,

Okay, I dont have the light box with the next and previous working, however I think I maybe able to do that tomorrow now I have ressolved my main problem with the top half black screen, and the pop ups are open and closeable.

The problem i have now is if i switch off sts, lightbox doesn't work, but with sts on it does work.

This is due to removal of the java script code from the normal site and having it the sts module template only, having both available caused the black screen problem.

Is there a way around this? so that of sts is off the lighbox still works? as it stands I would have to switch sts off and then install the java code in the normal site.

Thanks

johnny

It appears you are using tables to layout your design. If that is so, you would need to edit the header table so that it is a fixed width going across the page and be sure that your infoboxes and middle content is in a separate div or table of their own to prevent them from extending into the header. The sample template has this in place so you can use it as an example.

Hi Bill thanks for your reply,

I have considered your response and would like to respond....

If you look at the page again, boomclothing.com/store2/ you can see there are three levels in the left category box:

1) Clothing

2) Mens Clothing > 22

3) Hoodies (4)

1) wraps fine

2) does not wrap correctly in column right

3) wraps fine

If it is a table issue, why is level 3 child wrapping ok? I would have thought it would inherit properties from 2 ?

Thanks

Sol

Hi Bill,

Okay, I dont have the light box with the next and previous working, however I think I maybe able to do that tomorrow now I have ressolved my main problem with the top half black screen, and the pop ups are open and closeable.

The problem i have now is if i switch off sts, lightbox doesn't work, but with sts on it does work.

This is due to removal of the java script code from the normal site and having it the sts module template only, having both available caused the black screen problem.

Is there a way around this? so that of sts is off the lighbox still works? as it stands I would have to switch sts off and then install the java code in the normal site.

Thanks

johnny

I'm not quite sure why you would ever want it to work with both STS and a stock osC. Why would you want to turn STS off? You would either want to use STS or you don't.

Either way, if the lightbox contribution is installed correctly on the shop side, it should work. See that contributions support thread if you need help with that.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

If you look at the page again, boomclothing.com/store2/ you can see there are three levels in the left category box:

1) Clothing

2) Mens Clothing > 22

3) Hoodies (4)

1) wraps fine

3) wraps fine

If it is a table issue, why is level 3 child wrapping ok? I would have thought it would inherit properties from 2 ?

Thanks

Sol

Consider your layout...

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

1) Clothing

2) Mens Clothing > 22

3) Hoodies (4)

1) wraps fine

3) wraps fine

Thanks

Sol

Consider your layout...

You should have a table that extends the full width.

Then separate tables underneath that table.

If you do that, there is no way for the content to creep into the upper table.

*--------------------------------------------_*

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I'm not quite sure why you would ever want it to work with both STS and a stock osC. Why would you want to turn STS off? You would either want to use STS or you don't.

Either way, if the lightbox contribution is installed correctly on the shop side, it should work. See that contributions support thread if you need help with that.

Hi Bill,

The only reason, is that I am finding it easier to check a modules installation is correct, by flicking between the sts and normal shop.

Its helped me identiify a few issues, and it does work when installed shop side only when its installed on the shop side and on the STS I cant switch without getting the black top half of the screen when in sts.

I will check the lightbox thread for getting the popup dispaly sorted so it has the full feature set, but may still have the problem with the black screen if i awant to switch between the sts and osc.

At least I can have it functioning to some degree with no problematic errors which is a good place to be starting from for a fine tune.

Thanks for your help

Johnny

Create templates for specific categories

The insructions for this are very vague, and I cant seem to get it to work. I have the product info part and the index working, but not this.

I also want to be able to control the content of the categories so I can change the layout of how the products are displayed.

Thanks,

Tim