• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

how do you get rid of the infoboxes. The line that goes around the info box. see attachment

I'm going to give you a real time saving tip....

If you use Internet Explorer, then download this free tool from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

The link above will take you to Microsoft's Download of Internet Developer's Toolbar. This little utility will let you know the CSS class, table, cell, etc. of every element on your web page. I just used it on your page and found out the CSS class of that border around your infoboxes in less time than it took for the page to load.

Hope this helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I'm going to give you a real time saving tip....

If you use Internet Explorer, then download this free tool from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

The link above will take you to Microsoft's Download of Internet Developer's Toolbar. This little utility will let you know the CSS class, table, cell, etc. of every element on your web page. I just used it on your page and found out the CSS class of that border around your infoboxes in less time than it took for the page to load.

Hope this helped you out,

Hi this would have surely helped me if I knowed anything about html or that table cell, etc. I have someone working on the website but they dont know much about the sts template. So i was just trying to let them know cause they kept asking me because they are new to sts.

thanks

Just center your template either using CSS or tables.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I'm using DreamWeaver, and when I open the STS_TEMPLATE.HTML, it appears centered on the screen. However, when the store uses the template, it appears on the left of the screen.

John Skurka

Simple Example for Language Specific Templates for STSv4.5.8:
  1. Create a home page template: index.php_0.html.
  2. Insert the following code just after the </head> section in your index.php_0.html:
    <?php
    Global $languages_id;
    include (STS_TEMPLATE_DIR.'sts_template_'.$languages_id.'.html');
    ?>

3. Create your language templates as so (language ID may be different in your shop):

• sts_template_1.html (1 is the language ID for english in my shop
  • sts_template_2.html (2 is the language ID for Dutch in my shop
  • sts_template_3.html (3 is the language ID for Spanish in my shop)

Now, depending upon which language the user selects in your shop they will be taken to the appropriate language template.

Hi Bill,

I have followed your directions for simple example for Language specific templates and it works perfectly (thank you very much!!!) However, now when you scroll to the bottom of the page, the page repeats itself again. Any suggestions on how to remove the repeated page?

I have set the language id in phpmyadmin to 1 for english and 2 for deutsch but the language code is still en and de- I cannot change the language code to 1 & 2 as I get fatal errors. I dont know if the code being en & de has anything to do with it or is it something to do with first it looks to index.php_0.html and then it looks to sts_template_1.html (or 2) depending on the language selected which is why the page comes up twice??? Or maybe I am completely off the mark with that one- I would appreciate any help you can give!!!!

Thank you! Demitra

Hi Bill,

I have followed your directions for simple example for Language specific templates and it works perfectly (thank you very much!!!) However, now when you scroll to the bottom of the page, the page repeats itself again. Any suggestions on how to remove the repeated page?

I have set the language id in phpmyadmin to 1 for english and 2 for deutsch but the language code is still en and de- I cannot change the language code to 1 & 2 as I get fatal errors. I dont know if the code being en & de has anything to do with it or is it something to do with first it looks to index.php_0.html and then it looks to sts_template_1.html (or 2) depending on the language selected which is why the page comes up twice??? Or maybe I am completely off the mark with that one- I would appreciate any help you can give!!!!

Thank you! Demitra

Demitra,

If you use the example above, you should only have the include statement in your index.php_0.html file and nothing else since STS will include the correct language template. The language specific template should hold everything you want for your home page.

You should not have to change any database settings for your language IDs. :thumbsup: The number for the LangID will come from your specific osCommerce settings. To find the language ID for each of your shop's languages, go to your Admin, Localization, then select each language and view the ID in the URL.

I think a more effiicent way of doing this would be to point the user to a laguage specific "template folder" verses a language specific template but I haven't gotten around to writting the code for that yet. Until then, the above example will work. :blush:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Demitra,

If you use the example above, you should only have the include statement in your index.php_0.html file and nothing else since STS will include the correct language template. The language specific template should hold everything you want for your home page.

Hi Bill

Sometimes I can be so thick! :blink: I added the code to a new page AND included my template code rather than starting with a blank page.

Anyways, I know you get bombarded with posts but I just had to come back to tell you thank you so much- you are such a tremendous help and contribute so much to all of us!!! Thank you for all that you do!!!!!

Demitra

Hello!! I am new to OSC and also to the STS - so I need some help. I posted another topic but i haven't had any response, so I am hoping to get help here...

Here is my install, using a template I made for STS...

The problems I am having:

1. How do I change the way the boxes look on the side (ie: the header tags, want a border/background, etc.)?

2. I'd like to have some of the boxes, like what's new, on just the index page.

3. I installed the Lightbox for STS module, but it adds my image to the bottom of the page instead of opening up correctly... It also removes my drop down from the top of the page!

4. I want to remove the "standard" images that seem to pop up in the upper right corner on every page...

Hello!! I am new to OSC and also to the STS - so I need some help. I posted another topic but i haven't had any response, so I am hoping to get help here...

Here is my install, using a template I made for STS...

The problems I am having:

1. How do I change the way the boxes look on the side (ie: the header tags, want a border/background, etc.)?

2. I'd like to have some of the boxes, like what's new, on just the index page.

3. I installed the Lightbox for STS module, but it adds my image to the bottom of the page instead of opening up correctly... It also removes my drop down from the top of the page!

4. I want to remove the "standard" images that seem to pop up in the upper right corner on every page...

1. You could use the infobox template feature in STS and then just use CSS and HTML to make your edits.
  2. STS will allow you to put any box anywhere you want.
  3. I suggest leaving the Lightbox addon alone until you get more familiar with how STS works. Once you are ready, try it again and then you will know if the problem lies with STS or the Lightbox addon.
  4. This is not a STS issue but rather a general osC procedure. There are several ways of doing this. You could delete the images, you could upload transparent images of the same name of the original, you would need to change a setting in the admin to not force images, etc.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am using OSCMax and was wondering if STS can be installed onto OSCMax..

Help or past experiences appreciated..

No, it uses the older BTS contribution and they are not compatible.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I would like to change the style of the text that the "$content" placeholder creates.

I have tried changing the style in the main CSS file for "infoBoxContents" but obviously that changes the style for all info boxes.

Is it possible to create different styles for different infoboxes using the CSS file? Also, where would I put the <class="X"> function? In the <td> in "index.php.html"? Or in the <td> of "infobox_XXXX.php.html"?

If anyone could explain or point me to somewhere that explains it, that would be great :thumbsup:

Alex.

Edited by paramaniac

I would like to change the style of the text that the "$content" placeholder creates.

I have tried changing the style in the main CSS file for "infoBoxContents" but obviously that changes the style for all info boxes.

Is it possible to create different styles for different infoboxes using the CSS file? Also, where would I put the <class="X"> function? In the <td> in "index.php.html"? Or in the <td> of "infobox_XXXX.php.html"?

If anyone could explain or point me to somewhere that explains it, that would be great :thumbsup:

Alex.

Hello Alex,

Go to the Knowledge Base to get the Stylesheet definitions:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...n_and_Layout/54

You should find what you need there. Let us know if you need more.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I downloaded the newest contribution and there are 4 folders:

- doc (has: images, and some pictures)

-Files for MS2 (has the files)

-Files for RC1 (has the files)

-STS (has: includes/---5 folders)

I am using MS2 and I already have my site up and running.

What do I do from here, should I only add the files the belong in my site or there needs to be some installation ect. I can figure everything out I just need some assistance. I know you hate these newbie questions but I cannot adore asking...

The creator of www.futomart.com

Thanks bkellum for the link but i'm still stuck:

I've added (in bold)

TR.footer {

background-image:url(../shop3/images/button.jpg);

background-repeat:repeat-x;

}

TD.footer {

font-family: Trebuchet MS;

font-size: 10px;

color: #ffffff;

}

A.footer {

color: #FFFFFF;

}

A.footer:hover {

color: #FF0000;

}

in the CSS file, but the footer links are still the same (wrong) colour as the site's overall link colour.

A {

color: #0066FF;

text-decoration: none;

}

A:hover {

text-decoration: none;

}

In "index.php.html", the class="footer" script is present in <tr> and <td> tags.

What am I doing wrong?

It seems to work for headerNavigation:

TR.headerNavigation {

}

TD.headerNavigation {

font-family: Trebuchet MS;

font-size: 14px;

color: #ffffff;

font-weight:bold;

}

A.headerNavigation {

color: #FFFFFF;

}

A.headerNavigation:hover {

}

Edited by paramaniac

I downloaded the newest contribution and there are 4 folders:

- doc (has: images, and some pictures)

-Files for MS2 (has the files)

-Files for RC1 (has the files)

-STS (has: includes/---5 folders)

I am using MS2 and I already have my site up and running.

What do I do from here, should I only add the files the belong in my site or there needs to be some installation ect. I can figure everything out I just need some assistance. I know you hate these newbie questions but I cannot adore asking...

Ognen,

First...since you have a live store, BACKUP YOUR FILES.

Have you made any modifications to your store, meaning, is it a stock osCommerce? If so, then you could simply copy the files & folders from the "Files for MS2" and "STS" over your store files. If it is not a stock osC, then you will need to make the changes manually. The best (and easiest) way to do this would be to use a file comparison tool such as BeYond Compare or WinMerge. By using a file comparision tool, you will make the edits in the correct locations since it is merely a drag and drop type of solution. This will allow you to keep your other modifications intact.

Let us know if you still have problems with the installation.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks bkellum for the link but i'm still stuck:

I've added (in bold)

in the CSS file, but the footer links are still the same (wrong) colour as the site's overall link colour.

In "index.php.html", the class="footer" script is present in <tr> and <td> tags.

What am I doing wrong?

It seems to work for headerNavigation:

Alex,

Can you provide a link to your site?

Do you use Internet Explorer for your web browser? If so, I suggest using the FREE web developers tool from Microsoft that will tell what CSS class is linked to whatever (such as your footer text). It aslo does a lot more regarding troubleshooting your osC shop.

You can download it from Microsoft's site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Alex,

Can you provide a link to your site?

Do you use Internet Explorer for your web browser? If so, I suggest using the FREE web developers tool from Microsoft that will tell what CSS class is linked to whatever (such as your footer text). It aslo does a lot more regarding troubleshooting your osC shop.

You can download it from Microsoft's site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

http://www.energysavedirect.com/shop3/

Hi All,

I just installed STS yesterday and am loving it. I have customised the front page of my shop and have managed to get a separate template up for the product info but I want to customise the product listings page and do you think for the life of me I can get it to work. I have made a product_listing_php.html page and put it in my template/content folder... what do I have to do to make it work?? I have read over the manual several times but just don't get it, if someone could help I would be very appreciative!

Thanks,

Denz

Hi there and thanks for this great support. I've realley searched the forum, but did not find an answer to this problem.

I've installed osC v2.2RC2 and STS v4.5.8. Everything fine, except, I can't use the $templatedir variable on infoboxes. Don't know why! First the variable is empty in every infobox. I insert the Loginbox v5.7 on the right side on top, modified the sts_user_code.php to be able to use the $loginbox in my template. Still no $templatedir. Played around and inserted the following line in sts_user_code.php:

$sts->template['tmplpath'] = $sts->template['templatedir'];

Guess what :'( the $templatedir is available on some infoboxes. In my case categories, new products (left side) and languages, whereas search and the cart is unable to get this directory information.

Maybe someone can help?

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. I found a module (Product_listings_1) that gave you 7 choices for this page and it worked a treat!

But I have the problems with STS again... The cart button does not work .... does anyone know about this problem? Can someone help fix it? Shouldn't it have a URL... I am just using $addtocartbutton$

Thanks,

Denise