• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

I have been looking for something like this. I am having hard tome to play with the CSS file and template...Any demo using "Simple Template System"

-----------------------

Ok i saw jacksmith's demo... any other sample...

Thanks

Wow Timu, that is a really "OLD" version of STS. :blink:

There really is no need for a demo since all you would see is the design and not actually how the designer did what he did to get the shop to look that way.

STS comes with sample templates that look like a stock osCommerce shop. You can then modify those sample templates or use any of the thousands of web templates available and just add in the placeholders that bring in the dynamic shop content.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

this has probably been ask a 1000 time, but there is 207 pages on this post, after spending few hours trying different thing, I ask the question !

I have a very nice functioning sts oscommerce, but I cannot find a sts way to modify the shopping_cart page

when the cart is empty, I can use template/boxes/catalog_shopping_cart.php.html, but if I have items in the shopping_cart, it takes only modification from catalog/shopping_cart.php and this is ugly

so does any one know a way to create a template for the shopping_cart page with items ??

thanks

reup

Reup,

Have you made a shopping_cart.php.html template?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Reup,

Have you made a shopping_cart.php.html template?

I have tried one in sts_templates/templatename, one in sts_templates/templatename/content, one in sts_templates/templatename/boxes

one is called shopping_cart.php.html and one catalogue_shopping_cart.php.html, none has any influence on my shopping cart with items,

catalogue_shopping_cart.php.html does change my empty shopping_cart

I have tried one in sts_templates/templatename, one in sts_templates/templatename/content, one in sts_templates/templatename/boxes

one is called shopping_cart.php.html and one catalogue_shopping_cart.php.html, none has any influence on my shopping cart with items,

catalogue_shopping_cart.php.html does change my empty shopping_cart

Reup,

Can you provide a link displaying your issue?

Also, what version of STS are you using? STS had some issues with the shopping_cart.php template before STSv4.4.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Reup,

Can you provide a link displaying your issue?

Also, what version of STS are you using? STS had some issues with the shopping_cart.php template before STSv4.4.

www.yelomart.com is my site, still in development

is there a way to get the version of sts ? looking at some files, I find different versions. so far the most recent I found was in general.php where is stat sts 4.3

I might need to upgrade

reup

A bit of grep and some logic tells me that I use version 4.4 (the doc is actually called 4.4 :lol: )

and looking a bit further, it seems that templatename/sts_template.html does influence the shopping_cart.php

Edited by reup

and looking a bit further, it seems that templatename/sts_template.html does influence the shopping_cart.php

Upgrade to STSv4.5.8 and that should take care of your shopping_cart.php.html template not working.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi there!

I'm using STS 4.5.8, and I need to edit the create_account.php, I'm trying to disable the automatic new user registration, and include an email form so that when a new user tries to register, the shop administrator will approve/deny the new user.

Any ideas? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks everybody in advanced for your time.

Regards,

GustOjeda

hello, i just isntalled sts v4.5.8 on a fresh copy of Rc1, and am getting this error message when i click on the sts module in the admin section:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_redirect() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/lattitud/echotechpc.com/admin/includes/functions/general.php:15) in /hsphere/local/home/lattitud/echotechpc.com/includes/modules/sts/general.php on line 22

can anyone tell me or lead me in the right direction for correcting this error? everything from the sts file was uploaded into the correct folder and uploaded the files from the Rc1 folder

Thank you

hello, i just isntalled sts v4.5.8 on a fresh copy of Rc1, and am getting this error message when i click on the sts module in the admin section:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_redirect() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/lattitud/echotechpc.com/admin/includes/functions/general.php:15) in /hsphere/local/home/lattitud/echotechpc.com/includes/modules/sts/general.php on line 22

can anyone tell me or lead me in the right direction for correcting this error? everything from the sts file was uploaded into the correct folder and uploaded the files from the Rc1 folder

Thank you

It appears you have mis-configured the STS Modules in the Admin. Change them back to the default vaules and then test.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hey guys I have a question hopefully you can answer.

I have been using STS for a couple months now, and everything was fine. I took a couple weeks off of messing with it and when I came back today, I go to my oscommerce administration system > modules > sts, and nothing happens.

when i click sts the link looks correct in the address bar, but the same module shows up that was there before. in this case i think it is shipping, whatever is first on the list.

is there any other way to access the admin center for sts? or if i re-install the admin files am i going to lose anything important to my set up?

thanks

Hey guys I have a question hopefully you can answer.

I have been using STS for a couple months now, and everything was fine. I took a couple weeks off of messing with it and when I came back today, I go to my oscommerce administration system > modules > sts, and nothing happens.

when i click sts the link looks correct in the address bar, but the same module shows up that was there before. in this case i think it is shipping, whatever is first on the list.

is there any other way to access the admin center for sts? or if i re-install the admin files am i going to lose anything important to my set up?

thanks

It appears you have been hacked or your host made some changes without you knowing about it. Go ahead and reinstall the admin side and hopefully that is all that has changed. This would be an excellent opportunity to restore from a backup.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello.

I have the newest version of STS installed in one of my sites. Since I have never used STS for my designs i was wondering if there are any pre-done templates that i can download in order to test it out. The templates I want must be STS ready. Does anyone have any good link?

Thanks

Hello.

I have the newest version of STS installed in one of my sites. Since I have never used STS for my designs i was wondering if there are any pre-done templates that i can download in order to test it out. The templates I want must be STS ready. Does anyone have any good link?

Thanks

Daniel, since STS allows you to use "any" web page template out there, the sky is the limit. All you would have to do is insert a few lines of code as shown in the "sts_blank_template.html" file to add osCommerce functionallity.

I have included several page template examples in the contribution to show you how this works. The samples immulate a stock version of osCommerce but of course you can make your shop look anyway you wanted.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ... I have installed STS on both my site and in oscommerce admin/modules ... I have set a contents/product.info.php.html page for my product pages ... I don't know enough about php codes to use convincingly in my html ... can someone give me a basic html template/table with a few product variables eg product name, price, pic, add to cart, etc ... like is there anything specific code (php wise) I have to include before I start the html?

Thanks in advance.

Hi ... I have installed STS on both my site and in oscommerce admin/modules ... I have set a contents/product.info.php.html page for my product pages ... I don't know enough about php codes to use convincingly in my html ... can someone give me a basic html template/table with a few product variables eg product name, price, pic, add to cart, etc ... like is there anything specific code (php wise) I have to include before I start the html?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, if you are using the latest version of STS (4.5.8), then a sample product content template is already provided in the contribution as with many other samples. All of the stock STS variables (tags) are listed in that sample as well as being listed in the STS User Manual.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Sorry if this is a stupid question, do I have to use dreamweaver or frontpage to edit that?
Edit what?

By the way, that is a very old quote you have there (2003).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Could someone tell me what I could have done wrong. the main website is ecustomwheels.com there is an error page at the top. what do i need to change on the admin side under the module default. how do i make it look at certain folders for the sts template html

It appears you did not configure the STS modules correctly. Set them back to the default settings and then change your template folder to "full" if that is what you are wanting to do.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

ok I just have one more problem if anyone could help. After i put sts template system in Ive lost the my account page. Anybody know what might have happend to it. Ecustomwheels.com is the website.
Did you use the following to link your text link to:

$urlmyaccount

What it does:

URL of the My Account page.

Target page: FILENAME_ACCOUNT defined in catalog/includes/filenames.php . :thumbsup: Check this to be sure you did not delete the define.

The tag itself is created in: includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions