• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canada Post Mod

navvi

I have just upgraded from 2.2ms1 to m2, I am adding back some of the mods that I had in the 'old' version... most are OK except the Canada Post 0.3 mod (which was a later mod I added insted of the original in ms1).

It loads ok but when I go to test it it returns an error "Origin Postal Code is illegal"

My post code is correct as is my server ID for Canada Post. I have even gone back to the 'old' store and made sure all the info was correct... it is!

Ant idea's why it would return this error?

I have just upgraded from 2.2ms1 to m2, I am adding back some of the mods that I had in the 'old' version... most are OK except the Canada Post 0.3 mod (which was a later mod I added insted of the original in ms1).

It loads ok but when I go to test it it returns an error "Origin Postal Code is illegal"

My post code is correct as is my server ID for Canada Post. I have even gone back to the 'old' store and made sure all the info was correct... it is!

Ant idea's why it would return this error?

have you tried the latest cp mod (v3.5)

it works great

:unsure:1. Have put in the new categories.php. The mysqldb is showing the new fields. The web site looks fine. However, in the admin side, when I click on Catalog all I have is a blank screen. This is the url http://www.ecoflair.com/admin/categories.p...ted_box=catalog

2. Also, have put inthe canadapost.php in /public_html/includes/modules/shipping as well as /public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping but the CanadaPost module will not come up to be installed in the Modules->Shipping section - all the others (UPS, USPS etc. do)

Any thoughts? Any assistance will be much appreciated

MG

navvi - i had the same problem, and I think I resolved it by turning off the cp mod in the admin tool then going back to the my store configuration part, entering the store postal code, and then re-activating the cp mod.

I think I had to do this twice... but I can't remember exactly what the order was. i suspect that somehow the data got mixed up and cp needed to be turned off to clear the bad data from teh database.

good luck!

-al

You must go to MyStore -> Shipping/Packaging and edit the Postal Code there.

Incidentally, my problem was that the categories.php file in the Canada Post 3.5 mod zip file is missing from the /admin folder. I have the modified one if anyone wants it.

MG

Here is a question. I have this loaded and working fine but there is one thing I really need removed. I can't have the delivery date showing as everything is on a as needed basis from my supplier. This also means that I can't have saturday shipping and such offered.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

• 2 weeks later...

Dates... I *believe* you can change the saturday delivery, etc on your account on the CP web site. You'll still get dates, but I'm sure you can choose which ones.

Illegal error.... The postal code error got me when I didn't use the same format as what I had used in my CP account... one had a space in the middle, and one didn't, (A1A1A1 as opposed to A1A 1A1 ) so basically it came back as not a match.

Hope those help.. it's been so long since I got mine working that I just have vague recollections of how I fixed things.

Violet

• 4 weeks later...

From what I read in CP's pdf guide, you can select a range of days, rather than exact dates, I'm unsure if you can turn that right off though. You do that in your shipper profile on their site, and you could add a bunch of time to your turnaround if need be to push the date or days back a bit.

Jeremy