Sign in to follow this  
Wizard Myrddin

Cannot make shipping cost stay in database

Hi there

I'm running 2.2ms2.

I have added the contribution to the rest of the program and have found on testing that that shipping price is omitted.

On investigating this I found that when entering the shipping price for each product the price does not remain, also if any help I noticed that the shipping price is not highlighted unlike the other input fields.

So what happens on checkout is no shipping price is displayed..

Can anyone give any advice as to what and where I have gone wrong?

Regards

hi

Is this for the individual shipping contrib?

If so i get the same thing, i dont have a fix but im hoping one of these nice people will point me in the right direction :)

Thanx

double check your categories.php file and make sure you made all the changes required. tip: go through the readme.txt file instead of just comparing your file and the file in the contribution. many of the changes are inside sql queries and are hard to spot. i missed a lot of them on my first time around. double check your other files as well.

also, if any item in the shopping cart has a shipping price of 0.00, it will not show the individual prices module in checkout_shipping.php. this is according to design. you'll have to mess with the contribution yourself if u want it to show even if one of the items has free shipping.

I am using the individual ship module for MS1 (original contirb) and it worked fine straight out of the box (as advertised). I made changes to that code for my specific needs.

I didn't try the version of MS2 as it introduced a lot of functionality which means more complex to integrate.

I am saying all this because curious if you got the original contrib to work? you could always build from there....just a thought...