Guest Accounts v. 2.0 for MS2

olby

Hi everyone,

How do i do this instructions:

Changes to database: (the are the commands in the sql file) AC

Add this field to table customers:

# Add customers guest_flag values to each customer

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `guest_flag` CHAR( 1 ) NULL DEFAULT '0';

Add these 2 fields to table configuration by running these lines in phpmyadmin or what ever you prefer.

# Add admin-facility to Guest Accounts

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Guests', 'Guests settings', 40, 1);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Guests accounts', 'GUEST_ON', 'true', 'Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-09-09 13:07:44', '2003-09-09 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

Is this done automatically using the guestmod.sql file run with phpmyadmin? I am totally lost with regards to database. Can somebody help?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still related to my previous post.

i have downloaded phpmyadmin 2.5.6, can i use this? how do i do this?

should i upload it to the web server? and then how do i install it?

I am really lost. Please help.

HI,

still related about making database changes.

I have downloaded phpmyadmin 2.5.6, now should i upload this to the web server?

And then how do i install it and make it work?

Please help, iam really a non techie person.

Thanks,

Yes you can use phpMyAdmin. It is very simple to set up and use.

1. Upload all of the files in the phpMyAdmin package to a new folder on your web server.

2. Edit the file config.inc.php from the phpMyAdmin package. You will need to put in the full path to the file, and the name, server, username, and password for your database. Now upload this file to the folder where you put the rest of the phpMyAdmin files.

3. Open the index.php file in that folder in your browser. So, if you put the files in a folder named phpmyadmin, you would put http://www.myurl.com/phpmyadmin/index.php in your browser's address bar.

4. That's all!

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Does anybody ever raise the issue of asking "date of birth" in the immediate check out options?

I think asking date of birth for this option, is not a good thing to do. Besides why would the store ask this personal information if they are not intent to keep the data.

Customer would be very suspicious, about this thing.

So, How do i get rid of this "date of birth" thing from the form?

And also why after i complete the transaction as a guest, the guest name is still there? Again the customer will think, the store is keeping the information.

So, how do i correct this?

Lastly this is just small issue, how do i make the immediate ccheck out option next to the other 2 options, mine is located below of those 2 options. What do i have to change?

Thank you,

So, How do i get rid of this "date of birth" thing from the form?

By removing the option in Admin - Configuration - Customer details.

guest name is still there? Again the customer will think, the store is keeping the information.

So, how do i correct this?

Change this funtion in general.php:

function tep_customer_greeting() {
   global $customer_id, $customer_first_name;

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_first_name') && tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
     $greeting_string = sprintf(TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL, tep_output_string_protected($customer_first_name), tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW));
   } else {
     $greeting_string = sprintf(TEXT_GREETING_GUEST, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'), tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));
   }

return $greeting_string;
 }

to this:

function tep_customer_greeting() {
   global $customer_id, $customer_first_name, $guest_account;

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_first_name') && tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && ($guest_account == false)) {
     $greeting_string = sprintf(TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL, tep_output_string_protected($customer_first_name), tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW));
   } else {
     $greeting_string = sprintf(TEXT_GREETING_GUEST, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'), tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));
   }

return $greeting_string;
 }

The above isn't tested - so be sure to backup.

Lastly this is just small issue, how do i make the immediate ccheck out option next to the other 2 options, mine is located below of those 2 options. What do i have to change?

By rebuilding the HTML-code in login.php

Best Regards

olby

Hi Olby, thanks for the quick respond.

But you misunderstood my first question: i just want to get rid the "date of birth" in the quick checkout option not all of them. The solution that you gave is to disable the "date of birth" for all the 3 alternatives.

I have another issue:

I purchased using a quick checkout and successful. After that i reopen the browser, and try to purchase again, i put the e-mail that i got from guest using check out features and login and it is succesfull. This should not be the case, right?

Does this means also that the returning customer (previously using the quick check out) could not buy again because the e-mail address is already "used"?

Thanks,

At first I was thinking that Danny raised a good point as to the need of the "dob" in the quick checkout form.

But then I started thinking that this could be a good way to check if the customer was over 18 (not that they have to enter their "true" date of birth), but I sure wouldn't ship to them if the "dob" proved they were a minor.

Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm considering installing this contribution but just wondered if anybody could help me understand how it differs to the PWA (Purchase Without Account) contrib?

I am also interested in the same question.

Hi there.

PWA adds new files and functions to osC, so it's more like a new osC when done.

Guest account adds code-snippets to existing files, leaving the osC more or less intact.

The functionality is more or less the same for both.

Best Regards

olby

so far, so good with the install... until i tried to checkout as a guest. i put an item in the cart, filled in the billing information, clicked checkout, then got a blank white page.

i only saw 1 change made to catalog/checkout_shipping.php at the very top. is that all there is? should there be more?

I could use some help... I've installed this contrib and it seemed to be working fine until I enter the billing information and click on continue. Then, I get an error that says:

2000 - Duplicate entry '57' for key 1

insert into customers_info (customers_info_id, customers_info_number_of_logons, customers_info_date_account_created) values ('57', '-1', now())

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone help me figure this out?

TIA,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Hi Terry.

Looks like you've missed some of the installation in:

create_account.php (checks if mail is present)

The customer with id 57 is allready present.

I suggest you go through your installation - once more.

Best Regards

olby

i meant 1 change to that page... i've made all the changes i could find (searched for "guest" to find edited code blocks) to all required files, but am still getting the blank page after clicking checkout.

any ideas at all?

Hi Olby,

Thanks for your feedback...

I created a brand-new Email address and user information for my test. None of the information I entered had ever been used before, so I don't think the problem is with a duplicate entry. In two tests with two different/never-before-used sets of information, I got the same error -- first on ID 56, then on ID 57.

I went through the create_account.php file and seemed to matched my code additions up with yours, so that doesn't seem to be the file that's triggering the error, but I don't know enough about PHP to figure out where else things might be awry. I did go through the other files and compared my code to yours and didn't notice any differences either.

Sigh...

TIA for any more help you can provide.

Terry

Edited by TerryK

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

A search for "guest" will fail; all of the changes are not marked. Unfortunately it's been too long since I installed this contribution to remember where they all are. I should have made notes....

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Well, had no luck trying to fix the error, so I switched to the Purchase Without Account contrib and it's working as it should. No idea what happened to me on this one.

In any event, thanks for trying to help!

Terry

Terry Kluytmans