The e-commerce.

Guest Accounts v. 2.0 for MS2

olby

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a follow up to my previous post, I have installed everything with this mod as should be, and have checkec and rechecked... but the guest_account is not being set in the other programs where it checks to see if $guest_account == false

any ideas?

I have Guest Account v2.2 MS2 installed and it appears to be working perfectly.

My only problem is that it creates an account for the guest. This way if the guest ever returns and tries to make another guest purchase, they get the message telling them that their email address is already in use.

I probably made a small error during installation. Can anyone tell me what is probably wrong. I hate to have to go over the entire installation again.

And yes, I do have this entry in my database:

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `guest_flag` CHAR( 1 ) NULL DEFAULT '0';

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi jayman2.

Do you actually get this message, or do you just think it will show up?

A guest will have an account created first time, with the only difference that the guest_flag is set to 1.

Next time around, the first account will have @_ added to the email address and last name. So theres no conflict in that.

If the @_ isn't added the second time, you'll have to check your installation in the create_account.php in these lines:

// Guest Account Start
   if ($guest_account) $sql_data_array['guest_flag'] = '1';	
   tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " set customers_email_address = '@_" . $email_address . "' where customers_email_address = '" . $email_address . "' and guest_flag = '1'");
   tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " set customers_lastname = '@_" . $lastname . "' where customers_email_address = '@_" . $email_address . "'");

Best Regards
olby
// Guest Account End

Best Regards

olby

Hi olby,

Thanks for your reply. You're right, the program is adding the @_ in front of the email address and it's working properly now. I don't know what happened the first time I used it. But, can you tell me this? When I go to Admin->customers, The account is there. Does this mean that if I get a lot of quick purchases, I'll have to go to my Admin and delete these users? Shoud accounts be created for there people?

Thanks again in advance

HarrietM:

Try reading the readme.txt

Jayman2:

The shipping info has to be stored somewhere, and since were not building new tables for the guests - we use the existing ones.

Reoccuring guests will show at the top of your customer customer list due to the @_ and are therefore easy to delete.

A good rutine is to delete order and customer, when you have shipped the order.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

olby

Best Regards

olby

Thanks for the reply olby. I can live with that. Do you have any suggestions about the incompleted guest account orders? I been testing and I see that if the guest does not complete the order, then a regular customer account is created.

Thanks again.

I don't understand, the 'guest' account is the same as a regular account, the guest has to create an account anyways... I thought they could checkout without creating accounts, or am I wrong? If so, I don't know how to confure it that way.

'Guest accounts' are the same to OSC as regular accounts - but the important thing is that the customer doesn't see it that way. They don't create a user/pass to login to their account, and they presume their details will be deleted once the order is shipped (which they should be, by admin)

OSC needs to create an account, even for Guests, to store the contact, billing and delivery addresses related to an order. With Guess Accounts, its just that the user can't then log-in to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone a solution to this problem "Unable to determine page link". I also have it on my site.

when parameters about tep_href_link() is wrong, that error message is displayed. see catalog/include/function/html_output.php.

FYI...

To all those inquiring about compatibility with MS1, the answer is NO, it IS NOT compatible. The entire Customer Account system was changed between MS1 and MS2 and is totally different.

Hope this helps.

-R

Hello,

I got this working, but, I think I found a small bug (at least on my system). Basically with this mod, there are two types of "accounts" ... guest and registered.

Guest accounts go through fine, however, when registering an account, the password checking is not done even though the minimum length is set to 5.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Edited by entangled

The Entangled Web

http://www.entangledweb.com

I have installed or modified all the files but I do not understand how to make the database changes. It seems I am supposed to run the guestmod.sql from php myadmin but I do not understand exactly how to do this. If someone could explain it to me I would be happy.

Thanks in advance

Richard

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Depending on which version of phpMyAdmin that you have, click on the SQL tab, then click on the Browse button and find the guestmod.sql file, then click Go. You can also copy the text from the sql file and paste it into the SQL code box in phpMyAdmin.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Depending on which version of phpMyAdmin that you have, click on the SQL tab, then click on the Browse button and find the guestmod.sql file, then click Go. You can also copy the text from the sql file and paste it into the SQL code box in phpMyAdmin.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for the info!! It seemed to work perfectly.

Richard

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

• 1 month later...

Unlike the last time I am getting an error message after the install. On the checkout page I am getting this

Quick Checkout

TEXT_GUEST_CUSTOMER

TEXT_GUEST_CUSTOMER_INTRODUCTION

instead of the nice little message to the customer. I assume I missed something during the install but if anyone has a hint for me I would appriciate it.

Thanks

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...