• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Guest Accounts v. 2.0 for MS2

olby

Hello everybody,

I have some problems with my Guest Account 2.2.

1. When I create a new account (with password) and click continue, it gives me an error:

1062 - Duplicate entry '13' for key 1

insert into customers_info (customers_info_id, customers_info_number_of_logons, customers_info_date_account_created) values ('13', '0', now())

[TEP STOP]

2. When I go to create account as a guest (with enter billing information) and click continue, it redirects me to create a new account page (with need for a password entry).

What am I doing wrong? I'll appreciate your advices.

Irin.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all great contrib.

however, when I go to the login page I see: TEXT_GUEST_CUSOMER and TEXT_GUEST_CUSTOMER_INTRODUCTION and not the actual text from the english/login.php file.

yes I read the entire thread and saw someone with the same question. however, i do have the proper definition in the login.php file it is just no showin on the actual login page.

any suggestions?

Yehuda

Like it says: One who is embarrassed will never learn!

Check your code for spelling errors -- TEXT_GUEST_CUSOMER should be TEXT_GUEST_CUSTOMER. Also check that the language file is in catalog/includes/languages/english/ and the code file is in catalog/. Do you get any error messages or warnings?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thanks Jim

The misspelling of CUSTOMER was my fault it is spelled correctly on my program.

the file is in it's proper directory and the text for TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER is working correctly.

I am having a new problem though, and that is when i click on the continue button it sends me to the create account window not the gues sign in

Yehuda

Like it says: One who is embarrassed will never learn!

• 1 year later...

First post from OSC newbie... be nice to me! :blush:

I installed GA v.2.2 as the first thing after installing OSC itself, i.e. by simply uploading the GA reguired files and then importing the guestmod.sql to the db, using phpMyAdmin. So far so good, with the Guest "thing" appearing in Admin/Configuration, set to "true".

But... (there's always a but). I clicked the "Quick Account" on the Login page, then filled in everything except a password on the Create Account page - it seemed logical to leave that out - but OSC told me that the password needed 5 chars...

Hmm... There's one thing I have not done because I'm unsure of it: how to follow this instruction in the installation instructions:

NOTE:

Once logged in as a guest all occurrencies of:

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

<something for members>

}

will be true, and you have to change that to:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && $guest_account == false) {

<something for members - not guests>

}

if you don't want guests to see it.

And that's probably what needs to be done. :rolleyes: But this part of the istallation instructions is a bit unclear and I don't want to mess things up. Can anyone please explain that instruction in detail to me?

If you open an account you are not a guest. Guest Account allows customers to check out without filling out the form and opening an account. Try to purchase and check out without using an account -- you should be able to. Use a different email address than you used to set up your account so you'll look like a different customer.

The code change you mentioned is to hide pages from guests. You would not want a guest to see the "My Account" page, so you would change the code at the top of the page to exclude them. The information is given so you can do this to any pages that you might have added to your store that you do not want guests to see.

Regards

Jim

The code change you mentioned is to hide pages from guests. You would not want a guest to see the "My Account" page, so you would change the code at the top of the page to exclude them. The information is given so you can do this to any pages that you might have added to your store that you do not want guests to see.
Aha! Great news. Thanks!

/ Tomas

I got GA working just fine now, but not perfect. Here's why:

I don't want anyone to "login" as anything but a guest. Hence I'd like to skip the login.php page, i.e. to have the Continue button on the shopping_cart.php page pointing directly to create_account.php. Can anyone help with this?

You know the link in the customers order confirmation email? I'd like to get rid of it. How do I do that?

@ kymation/Jim: earler in this thread (post #23) you mentioned setting the lifespan of the cookie back. Could you explain in detail how this is done?

Regards and Thanks in advance / Tomas

I got GA working just fine now, but not perfect. Here's why:

I don't want anyone to "login" as anything but a guest. Hence I'd like to skip the login.php page, i.e. to have the Continue button on the shopping_cart.php page pointing directly to create_account.php. Can anyone help with this?

You know the link in the customers order confirmation email? I'd like to get rid of it. How do I do that?

@ kymation/Jim: earler in this thread (post #23) you mentioned setting the lifespan of the cookie back. Could you explain in detail how this is done?

Regards and Thanks in advance / Tomas

I assume that you want the Checkout button on the Shopping Cart to go directly to Checkout Shipping. To do that, find this code in catalog/checkout_shipping.php

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$navigation->set_snapshot();
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, 'origin=' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'SSL'));
//  End added line
 }

and comment it out or delete it. To get rid of the link to the order in the email, find this code in catalog/checkout_process.php:

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .

and delete or comment it out.

For the cookie duration, find this code in catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:

$SESS_LIFE = 1440;

and change the number to whatever you want. The duration is in seconds (1440 seconds = 24 minutes.)

Regards

Jim

Thank you Jim, your answer is highly appreciated. :)

But I asked one thing in such a way that you misunderstod me. (I guess it's the language barrier: Swedish is my native laguage, not English. Making myself understod in a foreign language can be tricky.)

I assume that you want the Checkout button on the Shopping Cart to go directly to Checkout Shipping.

As you already know, in the original version of GA the login.php page is added with the option of procceding as a guest via "Quick Checkout" - taking the customer to the modified GA create_account.php page that ask for the billing information but no password. This is where I like the customer to go after clicking the Checkout button on the shopping_cart.php page.

Sorry for bothering you with this, I hope you can find the time to assist me again. :blush:

Regards / Tomas

Thank you Jim, your answer is highly appreciated. :)

But I asked one thing in such a way that you misunderstod me. (I guess it's the language barrier: Swedish is my native laguage, not English. Making myself understod in a foreign language can be tricky.)<snip>

No, that was me being stupid. I forgot the order that the checkout pages need to be in. Sorry.

You still need to make the changes in my previous post. Then find the following in catalog/shopping_cart.php:

<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>

and change it to this:

<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>

That should do it. I haven't tested this, so be wary of typos. If you are still having problems, post here and I'll take another look at it.

Regards

Jim

You still need to make the changes in my previous post. Then find the following in catalog/shopping_cart.php:

<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>

and change it to this:

<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>

Almost right. It took me to the original OSC create_account page, not the GA one. But I decided to have a go at it myself so I got the following out of the login.php page:

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, 'guest_account=true', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?>

And then replaced

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>

with it. And it worked!

Thank you very very very much for all the help. You the man! :)

Regards / Tomas

Considering that I messed up the link twice and you got it right, give yourself the credit. Good job!

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

Hello every one,

I have a question. I am here because I am in need of the ability for my customers to checkout without account. I am looking into this contribution and the PWA. Can some one please explain or at least hint what the diferences are? And pros and cons of one over another. Or are they prety much the same? What a re the differences as far as code logic and comatibilty with other popular contributions? Which is known to have more issues?

Thank you for your time.

Arkadu.

People dont change, people realize.

• 2 months later...

I am considering installing the WPP Direct and Express payments contrib but am concerned that it may not work well with the this contribution since I already have guest account installed. I know that it supposedly does not work with PWA...has anyone installed both of these contributions together?

• 2 months later...
Hello every one,

I have a question. I am here because I am in need of the ability for my customers to checkout without account. I am looking into this contribution and the PWA. Can some one please explain or at least hint what the diferences are? And pros and cons of one over another. Or are they prety much the same? What a re the differences as far as code logic and comatibilty with other popular contributions? Which is known to have more issues?

Thank you for your time.

Arkadu.

I just finished installing both. Frankly, I couldn't get PWA to work. My store is heavily moded and there was so much to change with no instructions available. Guest Account worked seamlessly for me, though. I came across one bug which I have fixed and updated the contribution.

I would like to install the Guest Account contribution but I'm a bit confused as to which version is the last full installation. It seems several of the new ones are just updates. Could someone tell me which is the newest full installation download. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this lastnight, and it seems to work very well. However, i seem to have one slight concern.

When adding products to the shopping cart, i am taken to the shopping_cart.php page. At the bottom, i should have 3 buttons. Update, Continue Shopping and Checkout, however there is no Continue Shopping button. It seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know how i can get this back?

Cheers

I installed this lastnight, and it seems to work very well. However, i seem to have one slight concern.

When adding products to the shopping cart, i am taken to the shopping_cart.php page. At the bottom, i should have 3 buttons. Update, Continue Shopping and Checkout, however there is no Continue Shopping button. It seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know how i can get this back?

Cheers

My guess is that you have a problem with the page layout and the buttton just cannot fit in the page. Recheck your edits on the shopping_cart.php page.

My guess is that you have a problem with the page layout and the buttton just cannot fit in the page. Recheck your edits on the shopping_cart.php page.

Am using fixed-width and it has fitted perfectly in the past, so it should work...i will double check.

Thanks

Am using fixed-width and it has fitted perfectly in the past, so it should work...i will double check.

Thanks

I am also using fixed width, but ran into the same problem with CCGV contrib. If your edits are ok, check that you have the latest version the file installed (another prob that I had with CCGV).

Bizzare, i've come back from the gym and its appearing now!

I swear :blush:

• 1 month later...

I installed the contrib and it looks like it works, but when I introduce the billing information and click ok, i receive a message that the password doesn't match with the "confirm password", but it's not showing any place to write or confirm the pass, as it should do, any suggestion oo file I should check?

thanks ^^

Edited by ocelote
gatosol.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Any updates?

I'm looking for a working guess solution

It's seems that this contribution still have problem and not working 100%

any suggestion appreciate

Lenamtl