osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Template System (STS)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any idea what i can do to get the Tell a friend box to work after isntalling this contrib? I had this problem once before, and i came here and found the answer, but can't seem to find it again...

I hit the 'tell a friend' button and it ads taht product to my shopping cart...

any help would be great!

christina

• 3 months later...

allright i have a clean install of osc now when i go to upload all the files there is no /catalog/includes dir. when i read the readme it leads me to belive that it already exists and i overright the files in there. Is this correct or do i creat the dir?

steve

depends on where you isntalled it at, did you install it in the /catalog directory, or at root in like public_html or httpdocs ...? I can help if i know.

hehe yea i figured it out i also thought this section was not used any mnroe so i posted on the other section to. im justa moron hehe after browsing sum sites using sts i figured out hey they just installed osc in a dir called /catalog

thanks for your help though!!

• 1 month later...

Just got the simple template mod (sts) working! Awesome. One question is this: is there any way to use a template and a theme mod? Is it just a matter of using the sts mod with some kind of theme manager contribution?

Aloha all sts users,

I have a problem with my sts catbox. I added it to my sts_template.html and the catbox works fine to jump to sections... BUT... after adding something to my cart, then clicking continue shopping, then use the catbox to go to another section, it removes the items from my shopping cart. in fact everytime i use the catbox it removes my sid and anything in my cart. Any help will be great!

mahalo

• 3 months later...

Hi Brian,

I'm new to OSC and consequently to STS. Been reading all the most of the posts and it seems that you made a major contribution to OSC shame layout.

But where to get the latest version of STS that seems to be now on 2.x ????

Best regards,

Ant?nio

Hi Brian,

I'm new to OSC and consequently to STS. Been reading all the most of the posts and it seems that you made a major contribution to OSC shame layout.

Best regards,

Ant?nio

"OSC shame layout". i dont get it. are you retarded? or do you have no reading comprehension? :blink:

"OSC shame layout". i dont get it. are you retarded? or do you have no reading comprehension? :blink:

Please don't resort to name calling or insulting other people's intelligence. Not everyone has the same level of design, coding or language skills.

Refer to Forum Rules.

Check out the Contributions section (link at the top of this page) and search for "Simple Template System".

Or, try here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Jerah, Thank you for your kind reply. As to you green808 dont u have something in mouth :-" . Is it that hard to give that up?

Edited by asimplicio

• 3 months later...

Hey guys! Great contrib... I like the freedoms it gives you. Quick question. I am tring to put (into the template) something along the lines of

"you have X items in your cart" with X being the number of items the shopper has added.

Is this possible. I am fairly new to PHP but I do know some. I would really appreciate any help someone could offer. :thumbsup:

Thanks

J. Keesee

• 7 months later...

I have installed STS (version 3.0 beta) on my local machine. But I have 2 problems:

1- The main page as well as the others show my STS-based template. But the pages other than the main one do not show the inherent items of osc. For example the login page doesn't show the login and password fields. Why is that so?

2- When I uploaded my work to the online space, it gives me the following errors:

Template file doesn't exist: []Can't open Template file: []

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /www/l/lookgoodlaco/htdocs/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 163

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /www/l/lookgoodlaco/htdocs/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 164

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /www/l/lookgoodlaco/htdocs/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 183

My configure files contents are:

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.my_domain_name.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.my_domain_name.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'my_domain_name.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'my_domain_name.com');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/www/l/o/my_domain_name/htdocs/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxxx');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxx');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxxxx');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'true'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

// STS: ADD: Define Simple Template System files
 define('STS_START_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_start_capture.php');
 define('STS_STOP_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_stop_capture.php'); 
 define('STS_RESTART_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_restart_capture.php');
 define('STS_TEMPLATE_DIR', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_templates/');
 define('STS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_template.html'); 
 define('STS_DISPLAY_OUTPUT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_display_output.php');
 define('STS_USER_CODE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_user_code.php');
 define('STS_PRODUCT_INFO', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_product_info.php');
// STS: EOADD
?>

Edited by osclover

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up to a problem I have found! It might be my heavily mod site only but here it is:

</form> Tag was deleted from many pages that have forms (contact_us.php) for example!

The problem was due to the STS template system. The system deletes code that has been moved to the template and it no longer needed in the file. The deletion points are indicated by the <table> tags!!. This deletion was removing the </form> tag and when I moved it to a location where it was not removed the nesting structure was broken. I have already removed all nesting probelms and my site validates on nearly all pages.

I am not sure if the standard STS template system has this problem or if its just my code! (heavily modified) but I have found the same problem on my contact us page!

I have removed all the code that is removed by the STS and inserted two bank tables to prevent vital code from being deleted. I will be removing the unneeded code from all pages so that I can delete the STS deletion code which works as a good short term fix, but I am looking to remove unneeded code wherever possible. I have also been removing tables used for design and replacing them with a CSS layout hence the probelm with the closing form tag maybe just my site!

Edited by WS Evolution

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have STS installed along with header tag controller.

The information is not showing up in the meta tags. Basically the basics are showing from <!--$headcontent--> but not the contents of this variable inside of that: $template['headcontent'] .= $sts_block['headertags']

Here is what I have for the header tags block

// STS: ADD: Support for WebMakers.com's Header Tag Controller contribution

// Capture the output

require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

echo "<title>" . TITLE . "</title>";

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

$sts_block_name = 'headertags';

require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);

// STS: EOADD: Support for WebMakers.com's Header Tag Controller contribution

When I turn the template system off, the meta tag contents show up.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question to see if anyone has any idea on how to use sts with article manager. I have the two contributions working together just fine but what i want to do is to set up a template for different topics that has custom navigation in it using the sts. I know it can do this with different categories but I can not figure out how to make it do this for the article manager side. If anyone knows how to do this or has done it please let me know how this works. my email is [email protected] . I would appreciate any help anyone can give me here.

Thanks,

Dominik

• 2 months later...

Just installed STS and it makes a world of difference - GREAT contribution!!!

Only one question so far- is there a recommended contribution to set a custom page title unique to each page based on the category name or product being viewed? This seems fundamental to search engine indexing. I've tried one such contribution but it does not seem to work with the STS so I'm wondering if there is a recommended variable title contribution that works great with the STS.

Many thanks in advance.

Just installed STS and it makes a world of difference - GREAT contribution!!!

Only one question so far- is there a recommended contribution to set a custom page title unique to each page based on the category name or product being viewed? This seems fundamental to search engine indexing. I've tried one such contribution but it does not seem to work with the STS so I'm wondering if there is a recommended variable title contribution that works great with the STS.

Many thanks in advance.

OK, after trying another, I've now installed the WebMakers.com Header Tag Controller v2.5.2 which is great. I was really looking for one that would auto-fill the title and description fields from the product info already added (product title and product description) but this will definitely work if I cannot find such a contribution.

Sorry - got it. The two work together perfectly. And the fill tags options makes this the perfect compliment to the STS. Sorry for the silly questions before I fully understood how great the integration of these two is. Fantastic :) Many many thanks :)

I just got my first OSC site up and running with STS and EasyPopulate. I'm going to eventually make flash headers and some more mildly animated elements after I add our other 7,000 products.

Anyone got any feedback for me? www.sm9.com

What a contribution!!!

Cheers,

Kris

• 5 months later...