• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] All Products v3.0 MS 2.2 with Images

Farrukh

I clicked on a category in the site map and it worked as it should. As for the What's new link, the What's New box is excluded by default since the code isn't recoginzed by the contribution.

Jack

Im confussed, when i click on the "View all products" link on my page it just takes me to my index page, which surely is wrong.

When i click on the same link on this page http://www.shacktools.com it takes me to the allprods.php page and lists all the items, i have cleared my cache and tried it on different browsers and it does the same :'(

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
ok i've installed this but the link i've added to my categories page just takes me to my home page and the What's New link just takes me to the what's new page. Ive checked my install and everything is where it should so im stumped

Chapelradiocontrol.com

Any ideas?

Cheers

Daz

Bet you wish you hadn't told me about these contribs huh Jack :lol: :thumbsup:

Thanks I'm having the exact same problem

Nick

Menou and unome

Please try setting the admin option to true.

Jack

oh :blush: should have read down before i posted

please include this in the instructions(at the end) in the next update. I don't think i saw it anywhere.

Nick

Menou and unome

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just installed this contrib and its brilliant.

I too didnt realise that it had to be set to True in Admin.

Maybe a mention about the Admin section in the next release Read Me.

Otherwise AWESOME.

SHJ

I've been mod'ing out further - this contribution. So far I have taken the basic install, and added a "printer friendly" addition to it, which puts ALL of the products in a new window, and is very stripped down and basic.

I'd like to take this a step further. And give the ability to change certain area's of the listings. Not only on the standard "all prods" page. But on the "printer friendly" page as well. Either both, or just one.

So, on my all products page - I'm taking the Product Name, and swapping it for the Product Description. WOW - that's hard to do. I'm currently working away at it. Have installed the two contributions that are supposed to help get the product description on just the standard products page. But no success just yet. This one is getting tricky...

Anyone want to help!?

I'm definitley giving this one to the community (and the awesome people who made the All Products mod). As the osCommerce community has been most helpful! And even taught me php in the process.

Thanks!

If you are adding a function to it that others may want and is optional, then it can be uploaded as a new version. But if you are making changes to how it works, especially if it is not optional. then it should be uploaded as a new contribuiton.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hmm, strange. Try switching the display mode in admin->configuration->All Products. Does it fail the same way?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hmm, strange. Try switching the display mode in admin->configuration->All Products. Does it fail the same way?

Jack

Hiya jack, i have changed my settings to they now look like this....but it still shows the image name

All Products: ON/OFF true

All Products: filename allprods.php

All Products: Display Mode false

Your all products page doesn't appear as the one from the contribution so I'm assuming the file has been edited. You might want to try the original and see if it works properly.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

But the code on the page is different. It is missing the alphabetical list. That is incluced in the actaul all products file so it doesn't matter what shop is being used. But you do have to break a file up for it to work on such shops so maybe parts of it were left out.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

- most people are lazy and don't want to click and get a "there are no products for this category" if they click on Z or something that doesn't have enough products. is there any way to hide these letters (if there's no products to show)?

this will be added to the next version? (when you or whoever else is working on this contribution, have time?)

Not sure if it's lazy, but I sure would'nt want to keep on clicking links with nothing to show for it!

I've created this code to hide the link letters which have no products:

in allprods.php find:

<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php $firstletter_nav=
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=A', 'NONSSL') . '"> A |</A>' . 
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=B', 'NONSSL') . '"> B |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=C', 'NONSSL') . '"> C |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=D', 'NONSSL') . '"> D |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=E', 'NONSSL') . '"> E |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=F', 'NONSSL') . '"> F |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=G', 'NONSSL') . '"> G |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=H', 'NONSSL') . '"> H |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=I', 'NONSSL') . '"> I |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=J', 'NONSSL') . '"> J |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=K', 'NONSSL') . '"> K |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=L', 'NONSSL') . '"> L |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=M', 'NONSSL') . '"> M |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=N', 'NONSSL') . '"> N |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=O', 'NONSSL') . '"> O |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=P', 'NONSSL') . '"> P |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=Q', 'NONSSL') . '"> Q |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=R', 'NONSSL') . '"> R |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=S', 'NONSSL') . '"> S |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=T', 'NONSSL') . '"> T |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=U', 'NONSSL') . '"> U |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=V', 'NONSSL') . '"> V |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=W', 'NONSSL') . '"> W |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=X', 'NONSSL') . '"> X |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=Y', 'NONSSL') . '"> Y |</A>' .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=Z', 'NONSSL') . '"> Z</A>  '   .
	'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  '',	 'NONSSL') . '"> FULL</A>';

echo $firstletter_nav; ?></td>

and replace with:

<td align="center" class="smallText">
<?
$A=0; $B=0; $C=0; $D=0; $E=0; $F=0; $G=0; $H=0; $I=0; $J=0; $K=0; $L=0; $M=0; $N=0; $O=0; $P=0; $Q=0; $R=0; $S=0; $T=0; $U=0; $V=0; $W=0; $X=0; $Y=0; $Z=0;
$prod_first_lett = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id order by pd.products_name");
while ($prod_display = tep_db_fetch_array($prod_first_lett)){
$prod_letter = $prod_display['products_name'];
switch (($prod_letter{0})){
case A: $A++; continue 2;
case B: $B++; continue 2;
case C: $C++; continue 2;
case D: $D++; continue 2;
case E: $E++; continue 2;
case F: $F++; continue 2;
case G: $G++; continue 2;
case H: $H++; continue 2;
case I: $I++; continue 2;
case J: $J++; continue 2;
case K: $K++; continue 2;
case L: $L++; continue 2;
case M: $M++; continue 2;
case N: $N++; continue 2;
case O: $P++; continue 2;
case Q: $Q++; continue 2;
case R: $R++; continue 2;
case S: $S++; continue 2;
case T: $T++; continue 2;
case U: $U++; continue 2;
case V: $V++; continue 2;
case W: $W++; continue 2;
case X: $X++; continue 2;
case Y: $Y++; continue 2;
case Z: $Z++; continue 2;
}
}
if ($A>0)
{ echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=A', 'NONSSL') . '"> A |</A>';
} if ($B>0)
{ echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=B', 'NONSSL') . '"> B |</A>';
} if ($C>0)
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=C', 'NONSSL') . '"> C |</A>';
} if ($D>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=D', 'NONSSL') . '"> D |</A>';
} if ($E>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=E', 'NONSSL') . '"> E |</A>';
} if ($F>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=F', 'NONSSL') . '"> F |</A>';
} if ($G>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=G', 'NONSSL') . '"> G |</A>';
} if ($H>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=H', 'NONSSL') . '"> H |</A>';
} if ($I>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=I', 'NONSSL') . '"> I |</A>';
} if($J>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=J', 'NONSSL') . '"> J |</A>';
} if ($K>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=K', 'NONSSL') . '"> K |</A>';
} if ($L>0)
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=L', 'NONSSL') . '"> L |</A>';
} if ($M>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=M', 'NONSSL') . '"> M |</A>';
} if ($N>0)
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=N', 'NONSSL') . '"> N |</A>';
} if ($O>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=O', 'NONSSL') . '"> O |</A>';
} if($P>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=P', 'NONSSL') . '"> P |</A>';
} if ($Q>0)
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=Q', 'NONSSL') . '"> Q |</A>';
} if ($R>0)
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=R', 'NONSSL') . '"> R |</A>';
} if ($S>0)
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=S', 'NONSSL') . '"> S |</A>';
} if ($T>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=T', 'NONSSL') . '"> T |</A>';
} if ($U>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=U', 'NONSSL') . '"> U |</A>';
} if ($V>0)
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=V', 'NONSSL') . '"> V |</A>';
} if ($W>0)
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=W', 'NONSSL') . '"> W |</A>';
} if ($X>0 )
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=X', 'NONSSL') . '"> X |</A>';
} if ($Y>0)
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=Y', 'NONSSL') . '"> Y |</A>';
} if ($Z>0)
{ echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  'fl=Z', 'NONSSL') . '"> Z |</A>'  ;
}
echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link("allprods.php",  '',	 'NONSSL') . '">  FULL</A>';
?></td>

Not sure if this will bog down sites with many products or not, as the code goes through EACH product to test the first letter in the name. I don't have that many products so I cannot test it on a full catalog.

This adds one db query to the mix.

I know this way is not ideal so any suggestions or modifications are WELCOME!!

Sheri

Great contrib! Thanx!

I have translated the text to Norwegian, but does anybody know where i can find the text 'View Latest Additions' ??

I wan't to translate this part too..

Thanx in advance! ;)

Unfortunately, that is hard coded in the includes/boxes/whats_new.php file. You will have to alter the code to make it work with different languages. It is easy to do though. just use the boxes/categories.php file as an example.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

*waves* Hi Jack, It's me! hehehe

I'm reading through the instructions for All Products v4.4 and steps 6-8 refer to "Header Tags version greater than 4.3.9." I have Header Tags Controller v2.5.5 installed. Is this a problem? Do I still need to add the codes in those steps?

I've also read this whole 8 page thread to anticipate any problems and to look for this answer.