Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Nice contrib ;)

I just installed 4.4 and I get this above the site

I looked on the forum and couldnt find any reference to this

Any help would be great

Thanks

W

I found on my site my filenames.php didnt make a difference to anything i did instead my application_top.php seemed to be really my filenames.php

However i really need to find out howcome my quantity doesnt show on my all products page but shows everywhere else on http://adbmarketing.org/catalog/allprods.php

If your filename definitions are in the application_top.php file, then you have the MS1 version of oscommerce.

As for the quantity problem, that is a problem with the code. I will add that to the list of fixes for the next update.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You would have to create a allprods.tpl.php file for your template and copy the body of the code into it. If you pick one of your other pages, like privacy.tpl,php, you can duplicate it and change the content. Everything else in the contribution should be the same.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You would have to create a allprods.tpl.php file for your template and copy the body of the code into it. If you pick one of your other pages, like privacy.tpl,php, you can duplicate it and change the content. Everything else in the contribution should be the same.

Jack

Thanks Jack, was working it as you were saying. Just had forgotten to define CONTENT_ALLPRODS to filenames.php.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm using your contribution and I just notice a problem!

Demo is here: Hi Sunglasses

Another problem I see is when you log in to your account you go to view all products you get logged off from your accoungt I am not sure why? But when you go lets say to designer sunglasses page you are not logged off, you still can add a product to yoru cart.

It seems that the allprods.php is not being able to keep the session.

I would really apreciate help!

Thanks

Elisa Alexandra

If you are being logged off, it is because your shop is losing session ID's. This contribution doesn't make any changes to do with that so I don't your problem is caused by it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

Thanks for your reply! Where can I setup that? How can I check if it's losing session ID?

Elisa Alexandra

If you are being logged off, it is because your shop is losing session ID's. This contribution doesn't make any changes to do with that so I don't your problem is caused by it.

Jack

I just installed this (v 4.4 MS 2.2) and am having a bit of a problem. I have uploaded the files, as well as making the modifications to the files and the db. However, whenever I click on All Products, or navigate to allprods.php, nothing happens. All it does is redirect back to index.php. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I just installed this (v 4.4 MS 2.2) and am having a bit of a problem. I have uploaded the files, as well as making the modifications to the files and the db. However, whenever I click on All Products, or navigate to allprods.php, nothing happens. All it does is redirect back to index.php. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Never mind. I was examining the SQL a bit more, and that's when it hit me that there's probably a flag in the admin control panel that I needed to flip. Indeed there was. DOH!

Pleae help me ive installed this wonderful contribution, but i want to make sure there is no buy button on the all products page when the quantity is 0, so i added this contribution to the product_listing.php

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':

$lc_align = 'center';

//start no button if quantity 0

if ( $listing['products_quantity'] > 0 )

{

$lc_text = '<a href="'.tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

}

else

{

$lc_text = ' ' ;

}

//end no button if quantity 0

break;

as opposed to the normal

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

break;

it works well on my normal categories pages, (buy button not showing when the quantity is 0) but on my all products page i get the wrong quantity all says temporarily out of stock and the buy button is not there

www.adbmarketing.org

Pleae help me ive installed this wonderful contribution, but i want to make sure there is no buy button on the all products page when the quantity is 0, so i added this contribution to the product_listing.php

$lc_align = 'center';

//start no button if quantity 0

if ( $listing['products_quantity'] > 0 )

{

$lc_text = '<a href="'.tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

}

else

{

$lc_text = ' ' ;

}

//end no button if quantity 0

break;

as opposed to the normal

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

break;

it works well on my normal categories pages, (buy button not showing when the quantity is 0) but on my all products page i get the wrong quantity all says temporarily out of stock and the buy button is not there

www.adbmarketing.org

would it be i dont have header tags installed?

hello,

first of all thankyou for great contribution.

i have installed it successfully, but now i sow what its not working good. i use disable / enable categories contribution offcourse its not working with allprods.php, but when i disable products like test product A Bug Life. It is disabled but i can see it in allprods.php. I think this must be fixed. Maybe someone can help me to do it ?

Thank you in advance for all help and support.

Please read back a page or two. The fix for this was posted.

Jack

thank you for replay.

i founded few fixes but i dont know which one to chose for my problem.

can you help me with this ?

Thank you.

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your problem. I thought you was saying that out of stock products were showing up. For your problem, the mysql call in all products would have to be edited to ignore the products you don't want to show. I don't use that category so I can't tell you what to check for though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your problem. I thought you was saying that out of stock products were showing up. For your problem, the mysql call in all products would have to be edited to ignore the products you don't want to show. I don't use that category so I can't tell you what to check for though.

Jack

you understanded my problem well. allprods.php still show disabled products. how to make what allprods.php do not show disabled products.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

my post from the other topic:

- things are paginated (if you have more than X amount of products for a specific letter). what happens if you sell enough items and no longer stock them; so you're reverted to 1 page. the bots will still be looking for page 2, page 3, etc. = is there any way to give a 404 for obsolete pages that should no longer exist? the bots will still hit page 2, page 3 and be reverted to the first page of that letter, which would hit you with a duplicate content penalty, no?

so far, in relation to "out of stock" items, i was only able to find (in this thread) a fix from post #89 that filters the lettered product results only; did i miss something else?

the problem i'm having with this contribution is once i've HAD a page 2... even though i sold all the items off of it, the bots are still hitting t his page and indexing content from page 1; which gives me a hit for duplicate content

- most people are lazy and don't want to click and get a "there are no products for this category" if they click on Z or something that doesn't have enough products. is there any way to hide these letters (if there's no products to show)?

this will be added to the next version? (when you or whoever else is working on this contribution, have time?)

If the SE's list a link to something and it no longer exists, there is nothing you can do from the code that will change that. It doesn't matter if the links are on different links or not. If you sell out of a product and it is no longer listed, then the SE's will have an invalid link. I don't know of a way around that.

There are no plans, on my part at least, to remove the letters that are empty. I might add it as an option at some point but that would be months away, based on my current work load.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If the SE's list a link to something and it no longer exists, there is nothing you can do from the code that will change that. It doesn't matter if the links are on different links or not. If you sell out of a product and it is no longer listed, then the SE's will have an invalid link. I don't know of a way around that.

something simialr to:

<?php
 if ($product_check['total'] < 1) {
?>

from products_info.php? but i'm not sure how to incorperate it into multiple uses though, i've been battling with simialr usage for several months now and i can't figure it out

There are no plans, on my part at least, to remove the letters that are empty. I might add it as an option at some point but that would be months away, based on my current work load.

is this the only function for it:

$firstletter=$HTTP_GET_VARS['fl'];
if (!$HTTP_GET_VARS['page']){
 $where="where pd.products_name like '$firstletter%'";
}else {
 $where="where pd.products_name like '$firstletter%'";
}

then all of the calls at <?php $firstletter_nav=....etc, etc.?

Your first code above will just prevent a link from appearing on the page. But if the link is on the SERP's, it won't make any difference. It will still be an invalid link. That's what I was talking about.

Yes, the code you mentioned is the only code for the letters, besides the actual display of the letters, of course.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

ok i've installed this but the link i've added to my categories page just takes me to my home page and the What's New link just takes me to the what's new page. Ive checked my install and everything is where it should so im stumped

Chapelradiocontrol.com

Any ideas?

Cheers

Daz

Bet you wish you hadn't told me about these contribs huh Jack :lol: :thumbsup:

Edited by daz_75

I clicked on a category in the site map and it worked as it should. As for the What's new link, the What's New box is excluded by default since the code isn't recoginzed by the contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons