osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] All Products v3.0 MS 2.2 with Images

Farrukh

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The size of the images are controlled by settings in your shop (admin->Configuation->Images). This contribution doesn't control any of that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have several items that appear in two catagories. This is because I copied them in the admin, using the "link to" choice. I have not actually listed them twice.

When I look at the all products page, I see those items listed twice. Can I avoid this?

Nevermind. I found that some of my items had been correctly linked, but others had not.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a problem where if there are no products in a category (i.e "F" or "Z") then I get the following message:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-30, 30' at line 1

select p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_name like 'A%' AND p.products_status='1' order by pd.products_name limit -30, 30

Any ideas? Thanks.

That's a known compatibility problem with the oscommerce code, not all products. Look in the update file in the latest oscommerce release and search for split_page_results.php for the fix.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Having a problem where if there are no products in a category (i.e "F" or "Z") then I get the following message:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-30, 30' at line 1

select p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_name like 'A%' AND p.products_status='1' order by pd.products_name limit -30, 30

Any ideas? Thanks.

Worked like a charm. Much obliged. :)

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? When I open allprods.php I see all my prods as I should. If I click the prod description, I go to the prod page, as it should do. But when I click the manufacturer link, I get the no products found page. The problem is with the link but I cant see where the problem is. Here is a sample of my link when I click the manufacturer:

IT IS

www.mysite.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=

SHOULD BE

www.mysite.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=10

I have the same problem with 4.4g and was wondering if someone knows where to change the code?

• 2 weeks later...
All Products plus STS/HTC.

I resolved the problem of the blank all products page by editing catalog/includes/header_tags.php:

- changed

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

- to

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

Does this sound sensible? Something similar was suggested in the installation docs for HTC if users of STS were having problems.

THX! You saved my day! :thumbsup:

Now I only need to find out how to change the font and it's color on the all products pages, and if I should install the HTC fixes or not, but these things are peanuts compared with the FATAL ERROR (w00t) screen...

Muchas Gracias!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Great contribution! Very useful.

I was wondering if anyone can think of how I might go about omitting a certain categories products from the allproducts.php listing, if this is even possible?

Basically I would like allproducts.php to work exactly as it now does, but omits all products from a specific category.

I know it seems like a somewhat strange request (as it pretty much defeats the purpose of all products :huh: ) But any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mysql 5 compatibility problem?

I just installed this contribution and got error like this:

"

1109 - Unknown table 'p' in field list

select count(p.products_id) as total "

After reading through this forum, I guess it's due to mysql 5 compatibility with line 149 in allprods.php:

$listing_sql = "select p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id $where order by pd.products_name";

But I don't know how to change. Anyone please help?

Thanks.

just mention that I want to show this all products page in the index page. So I simply changed the code:

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

to

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALLPRODS); ?></td>

Then I got the above mentioned error.

Any one can help?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(sgreiner @ Sep 1 2006, 02:35 AM)

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? When I open allprods.php I see all my prods as I should. If I click the prod description, I go to the prod page, as it should do. But when I click the manufacturer link, I get the no products found page. The problem is with the link but I cant see where the problem is. Here is a sample of my link when I click the manufacturer:

IT IS

www.mysite.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=

SHOULD BE

www.mysite.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=10

I have the same problem with 4.4g and was wondering if someone knows where to change the code?

I have the same problem with 4.4g !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help needed.....

Today I added this version: All Products v4.4 MS 2.2 with Images Jack_mcs 26 Dec 2005

I have no products that begins with the letter Z. When I click on the Z, I get:

Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 products) Result Pages: -4 -3 -2 -1 0

instead of:

There are no products to list in this category.

As long as there are products, which has the same first character as the character clicked on, everything is fine!

Any ideas what needs to be done here?

I've never seen that before. What version of oscommerce, php and mysql are you using?

Jack

In aplication_top I found:

// Define the project version
 define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2');

In Admin->Tools->Server Info:

PHP Version 5.2.3

In phpMyAdmin - 2.10.1:

MySQL client version: 5.0.37

I have applied the update-20051113 and the update-20060817 as well as added this patch

On top of this I have added all the patches for MySQL 5.0 Compatibility, posted here by Monica Mathe aka Monica in Germany

I believe I have done the above with requiered carefulness.

I hope it can be worked out, because this is an essential contribution to my store! :)

PS.

As I said, this is what I can see on the screen:

Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 products) Result Pages: -4 -3 -2 -1 0

When I click on -4 I see this:

Displaying -99 to -80 (of 0 products) Result Pages: [Next >>]

When I click on [Next>>] I see:

Displaying -79 to -60 (of 0 products)	  Result Pages:  [Next >>]

and then:

Displaying -59 to -40 (of 0 products)	  Result Pages:  [Next >>]

and then:

Displaying -39 to -20 (of 0 products)	  Result Pages:  [Next >>]

and then again:

Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 products)	  Result Pages:  -4  -3  -2  -1  0

DS.

Edited by kbking

I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for this one. It might be related to the php/mysql versions but I would think an error would be displayed instead of just incorrect output. All I can suggest is to create a new oscommerce shop, using standard code, and see if it works that way. If it does, then there is something in your shop at fault.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Well I wanted

All Products: Display Mode

Display in standard table format

(true=on false=off)

to be set to false, because I liked the three column display better. When I change to true the page behaves, and shows the correct message for the character Z. And I guess it's partly because TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS is to be found in both modules/product_listing.php and in the language folder.

Maybe it's my fault, then...

But I'd like to know which settings I need to change in order to use the three column view and not the standard table format.

Hope the above make sense. :)

Thanks!