• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] All Products v3.0 MS 2.2 with Images

Farrukh

It's still an installation error. When you see capital letters like that, it means the code can't find a define statement. Take a look in english.php to be sure you have the define there (see step 5 in the instructions).

Jack

Obviosly you were right...Thanks

Does step 8 really helps with search engeins??

hava a good day :)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. That goes with anything in your shop. If a page is difficult to find by the search engines, then it will not get listed as qucikly or updated as often. But you have to balance that with site functionality and not causing confusion for your visitors.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

How does contribution work?

Hi,

Before I install this contribution I want to know just what exactly it does to make your site more optimised for search engines. I understand that it will create a page listing all of your products but how will that improve your search listing? and where will this page actually sit in your site? Is it a page that customers will be able to access and view?

The readme file says that after installing you should link to this page from as many websotes as possible. But what if you dont have any other web sites? Is this contribution then pointless if you dont?

Advice much appreciated.

It helps with the search engines because it provides a link to a page with all of your products. The SE's only spend so much time on a site and the harder it is for them to find the products, the less likely it is that they will list them.

The instructions say to provide links from within your shop. The more links there are, the easier it for the SE's to find the page. Although one or two links is usually all that is needed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I can't seem to find a thread for a specific contribution (there's quite a few that seem very similar, it's really confusing!), but the contribution that's found it's way onto my computer uses a php file called allproducts.php and a printable version called allproducts-prn.php. So I think this might be it?

I downloaded it months ago and had a problem with it, no one here could help me so I put it on the backburner, but now I really need to sort it out. The problem is this:

The contribution prints out a list of products with categories, awesome. However, in my shop there are several sub categories with the same name. For example:

Jackets has the subcategories 'Climber', 'Walker' and 'Runner'.

Trousers has the subcategories 'Climber', Walker' and 'Runner'.

The problem this creates with the contribution is that gets to the first instance of 'Climber' and lumps everything in a 'Climber' category into 'Jackets -> Climber'. So what I need is for it to display every category regardless of whether they have the same names as others. It's like there's a DISTINCT label in the sql query somewhere but I can't find it....

I'm convinced this is something that can be changed in about 10 keypresses but it's alluding me and has done for 3 months. Any help would be brilliant.

Just installed the contribution and everything looks great but my problem is that "All Products" shows up twice. I know I must have enter something wrong when doing the install. Could someone point me to the correct file and what to look for please.

Thanks in advance. Bob

If you mean the link that says View All Products then it is in the includes/boxes/categories.php file.

Jack

Thank you Jack for your quick response to my question and also pointing me in the right direction. I could have never found it on my own.

I had doubles up on that line... and that's kind-a what I figured had happed.

again thanks Bob

Re: All Products, Simple Template System (STS) and Header Tags Controller (HTC).

I have posted this in the Simple Template System forum but maybe it belongs here - hope it's OK to post here.

I started again with my site using "UK-based oscommerce" then installed "All Products" contribution then "STS v4.5.2 with HTC v2.6.3". Have not installed any other contribs. All products works fine if STS is switched off. But with STS switched on, the all products page is blank - and view source shows only this code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD><BODY></BODY></HTML>

With STS on, all other pages look great and header tags are also working.

I'm wondering whether the all products page isn't getting application_top.php for some reason?

I'd be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

The three contributions should work together. I haven't tried that version of All Products so I can't comment on that but it seems to me there was a post, maybe in this thread, by someone that had the same problem and the fix was posted. I don't use STS so I didn't pay a lot of attention to it but it is on the forums somewhere. Perhaps searching the forums with google for STS and all products will find it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

All Products plus STS/HTC.

I resolved the problem of the blank all products page by editing catalog/includes/header_tags.php:

- changed

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

- to

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

Does this sound sensible? Something similar was suggested in the installation docs for HTC if users of STS were having problems.

All Products plus STS/HTC.

I resolved the problem of the blank all products page by editing catalog/includes/header_tags.php:

- changed

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

- to

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

Does this sound sensible? Something similar was suggested in the installation docs for HTC if users of STS were having problems.

Yes Mark, that should do the trick. I have that in my notes but must not have made the changes in the contribution. Glad you figured it out anyway. :blush: :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi everyone !

I'm really confused about this contribution :'(

I want to install this contribution (disable/unable categories) but I don't know where to start...

Is it posible that someone will upload a full version of this contribution that all the new users like me will be able to install it correctly ???

Thanks !!

Elazar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

Is there any way to make allprods appear on the index by default? I tried to do it by using an include() statement but without any success (errors upon errors). Am i taking the wrong measures?

Works fine as an individual page though

Edited by baldfrog

You would have strip away all of the code in allprods.php that have to do with setting up the page. It should work after that though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I like this contrib. I think it's very useful. Easy to install. Thanks for designing it.

One questions

I have several items that appear in two catagories. This is because I copied them in the admin, using the "link to" choice. I have not actually listed them twice.

When I look at the all products page, I see those items listed twice.

Can I avoid this?

Thanks, Matt

I like this contrib. I think it's very useful. Easy to install. Thanks for designing it.

One questions

I have several items that appear in two catagories. This is because I copied them in the admin, using the "link to" choice. I have not actually listed them twice.

When I look at the all products page, I see those items listed twice.

Can I avoid this?

Thanks, Matt

You may be able to avoid it by selecting distinct in your initial query.

~Tracy

You may be able to avoid it by selecting distinct in your initial query.

I don't know what that means. Could you please explain more.

Thanks, Matt

Hello there,

I have installed the contribution. Exactly what I needed. And yesterday it worked. Today I fucked up with another contribution and reinstated som files - none of those which are affected by All Products as far as I know. The new products and the special links work as a charm, but the "Show all products" link is linking to allprods.php, but when clicking it just returns to the index.php... Why so? :S

Really hope you can help me, as I have NO clue... I have tried reinstalling everything - though still the same...