• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] All Products v3.0 MS 2.2 with Images

Farrukh

Hello, first off ~ Thanks for this contribution ~ very cool!!!

Wondering if anyone cares to help me out here.

We have lots of products and we have lots of people hitting this page from search engines and we're trying to keep a few more of them.

Here's the idea;

allprods_mod.jpg

I copied the code from advanced_search.php and stuck it into the allprods.php (both in /catalog/), & made some additions to /languages/english/allprods.php

I started off with the form box and the search button included and the java script, but then I noticed it would be a much cleaner look if I just had the two drop boxes categories & manufacturers and had them work like includes/boxes/manufacturers.php does.

So here's the code from advanced_search

<td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers_id', tep_get_manufacturers(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS)))); ?></td>

And here's the code from the manufacturers box

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('manufacturers', tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),
							   'text' => tep_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers_id', $manufacturers_array, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] : ''), 'onChange="this.form.submit();" size="' . MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST . '" style="width: 100%"') .

I'm not done playing around with this yet but if anyone cares to help I sure would appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone be more explicit about step 1: "Run the required SQL statement using the file allprods.sql" ?

I don't know how to accomplish this. I'm running OSCommerce on an iPowerWeb server. I'd really like to use this "All Products" capability.

Thanks.

You do that using a program named phpmyadmin located in your hosts control panel. This page explains the basics of using it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have a slight problem with older versions of this contribution and I'd like to know if this version will help me before going all through the install.

I have several 'top level' categories with different names, but within those categories the sub categories often have the same name (I have the same three crop up over and over again). This is at the request of the person I'm building the site for so there's no way round it unfortunately. Looking at the tables in phpmyadmin I see that it doesn't seem to differentiate between the 'level' that they are displayed at in OSC - it just seems gives them a different id number to tell the difference.

My problem is this:

When using older versions, if there are two different categories with the same name it just lumps all the items together. I need to see them seperately, ideally with their main heading and sub heading... e.g. "Footwear -> Climbing" and "Trousers -> Climbing". Is this possible?

This is for internal use only (not for customers), so if anyone has any ideas for an SQL statement that would be sweet. I've been messing around in phpmyadmin trying different statements there but I can't get over the same problem (that and I don't know anything about SQL really).

Cheers!

Edited by High Sports

SELECT products_description.products_name, products.products_price

FROM products_description, products

WHERE products_description.products_id = products.products_id

ORDER BY `products_description`.`products_name` ASC

LIMIT 0 , 30

Ok that basically shows me a list of products (A-Z) with the prices next to them... what I want to do is order them by category (parent category, not one of the sub categories).

Can anyone help me please? I know what I want to do, I just don't know how to write it in SQL. Since no one is able to say whether this would be doable in this contribution I've just tried to do it myself, but to be honest I'm struggling...

Hi Jack

I've installed the Allproducts V4.4 (your version). As expected, it works. very easy installation. no problem.

just a question.

could the order of products, pictures and prices listed in a row changed ?

mine is now, showing " the products description , then the pictures and then the price " in a row .

could it be " the pictures , and then products description and then price " ?

besides, could the number of items listed in a page changed ? I read some posts here, it seems that it need to alters the database.

What exactly I need to do ? appreciate if you may help. thanks

Regards

jason

Ok that basically shows me a list of products (A-Z) with the prices next to them... what I want to do is order them by category (parent category, not one of the sub categories).

Can anyone help me please? I know what I want to do, I just don't know how to write it in SQL. Since no one is able to say whether this would be doable in this contribution I've just tried to do it myself, but to be honest I'm struggling...

Well - I know this contribution is great for showing a list of all products - but I haven't seen it used for what you are describing. What I would try is the Dynamenu contribution with my Products in Dynamenu too add-on. Instead of using it to replace your categories menu you could use it to create a "sitemap" type of page (you can choose how you want the data displayed so you could have it all displayed in the plain layout). That's what I would try anyway - hope it helps :thumbsup:

~Tracy

Running AllProducts V4.4b.

Is it possible to change the number of products listed per page? Right now it shows 20 products per page but the listing is in 7 rows X 3 columns. That leaves a blank spot at the end. I thought I might want to change it either 18 or 21. I've poked around a little but can't seem to find where that part is defined.

Running AllProducts V4.4b.

Is it possible to change the number of products listed per page? Right now it shows 20 products per page but the listing is in 7 rows X 3 columns. That leaves a blank spot at the end. I thought I might want to change it either 18 or 21. I've poked around a little but can't seem to find where that part is defined.

Searched for two days then found it 30 seconds after posting the quesiton. Just in case I'm not the only idiot, it's controled by the Maximum Values->Search Results in Admin

Hi there,

I just installed AllProducts_V_4.4b_1 and set on/off to true in admin. When I click on View All Products in the category listing I get a page that says.

1109 - Unknown table 'p' in field list

select count(p.products_id) as total

[TEP STOP]

Head to syndicatecomputers.ca to look if you need to.

What might be the problem and solution?

That's not a valid mysql call. Either the allprods.php file is corrucpted or the display module you are using is. Try switching the display mode in the all products settings in admin to see if it works.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

How do you remove the Header Tags Controller code from allprods.php?

I'm running the version of HTC that is integrated with STS. Thefore, I do not need the HTC code on my pages. However, since allprods.php has that code already installed, it causing me problems. I need to removee all HTC code from the allprods page but I'm not sure which lines need to be changed.

It shouldn't cause any problems with STS. But the only change in the file is the title code in the head section. Just reverse the change that is explained in the Header Tags Install_Catalog.txt file for the title.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It shouldn't cause any problems with STS. But the only change in the file is the title code in the head section. Just reverse the change that is explained in the Header Tags Install_Catalog.txt file for the title.

Jack

I was getting the dreaded "blank page" STS issue when attempting to display the allprods page. Reversing the HTC edits for allprods.php did fix the problem but I don't think that was the real issue. I had a similar problem with another page that was caused by some of the preloaded page paramaters in the header_tags.php files that come stock with STS. Had I spent more time checking that out, I probably could have fixed it without messing with allprods.php.

That's not a valid mysql call. Either the allprods.php file is corrucpted or the display module you are using is. Try switching the display mode in the all products settings in admin to see if it works.

Jack

Tried switching the display mode, re-uploaded and checked the allprods.php files. Manually compared almost every file in the oscommerce to snapshot oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 and made all the updates. Still have the same problem.

The only contributions I have are a couple shipping modules, HeaderTags_V_2.6.2+typo, short_description_in_products.zip, AllProducts_V_4.4b_1.zip, and some other minor sorting edits to admin and product_info which would not afffect it.

And my webhost versions are

operating system-FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE

mysql version-mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.16

perl version-perl, v5.8.3

php version-PHP 4.4.1

Everything else on the site works fine. I've run out of things to check.

The version you are using isn't one of mine so I can't help you with that more than I've said already. It might be a problem with that or something totally unrelated.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

hi,

I download this contribution and it is working! ilke the A-B order...

The problem is that the text you see is: BOX_INFORMATION_PRODS insted of view all products.

You can see it here: www.switch-x.com

I'll appreciate any help

You've made a mistake in the installation. The define is
BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS

not

BOX_INFORMATION_PRODS

Jack

Hi.

thank you for the quick answer, but i mistyped the question, sorry :blush:

the define IS - BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS...

still the problem remains, i see BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS in the categorie box instead of view all products.

(the link works fine though...)

the funny thing is that when i view the allprods.php page it shows the right text in the categorie box.

you can see it for yourself :

www.switch-x.com

thanks again.

seffi

It's still an installation error. When you see capital letters like that, it means the code can't find a define statement. Take a look in english.php to be sure you have the define there (see step 5 in the instructions).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons