• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

usps api shipping label, online labels integrated

goldencrown

After further inspection, the buttons do show up under the PayPal IPN page. Is it normal for them not to be displayed on the regular Order page?

Thanks!

Jeff

The problem is in your orders.php file. you must put the code in the proper place. the pice of code you are looking for is

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_INVOICE) . '</a> 
     <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_packingslip.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP) . '</a>
     <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>

Make sure that you find the correct one. If i rember correctly there are two sets of this code. make sure you find the 2nd set.

Biscochitos almost as good as grandma

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
A way to insert login values would be great so if I wanted to pay for shippping or use my address book, et al. How hard would that be?

It would be easy if we know the code that they use to login in to there web site. I have not been able to find it. It?s like hunting for a needle in a hay stack

• 2 weeks later...

Question. I just installed this wonderful, time saving contribution but am having some problems. First off, with the log in. What I have is two windows open. One with the orders in my OSC module and the other the USPS website, where I have gone ahead and logged in.

However, whenever I click on one of the buttons (doesn't matter which one of the two), what it does is open up a brand new window (a third one), where MY shipper information is blank except for my name. If I have already logged in, shouldn't this already be in there? And, why is it opening up a whole new window?

Also, whenever I go to the next order, it opens up yet another window, and loses all the information from the previous label that I added to my cart. Any help?

JP

Question.  I just installed this wonderful, time saving contribution but am having some problems.  First off, with the log in.  What I have is two windows open.  One with the orders in my OSC module and the other the USPS website, where I have gone ahead and logged in.

However, whenever I click on one of the buttons (doesn't matter which one of the two), what it does is open up a brand new window (a third one), where MY shipper information is blank except for my name.  If I have already logged in, shouldn't this already be in there?  And, why is it opening up a whole new window?

Also, whenever I go to the next order, it opens up yet another window, and loses all the information from the previous label that I added to my cart.  Any help?

JP

First you need to change the setting on the diffrentshipping.php and on the top of the file fill in your information.

To answer your question about the new windows. This contribution was not designed to do batch processing. So you will need to process each order one at a time and complete the transaction. *note you will get a new window every time you process each order. What I do is start deleting the old windows when I get up to five or more.*

Also if you are looking for batch processing I think I remember a contribution that can give the comma txt file that you can up load to the post office website.

Note starting next year I will be looking into doing batch processing that you can setup an account with the post office. You can either prepay or you can have the post office bill you each month.

Great contrib... I think...

2 problems right now.

First... when I click either customer or shipping label button the page incorrectly fills in the (sender) Full Name and Company Name...

They are entered as:

Full Name: Dobo

Company Name: Dobo

Instead of:

Full Name: Kevin Dobo-Hoffman

Company Name: Dobo's Delights Bake Shoppe

Second... can someone please give more detailed (and correctly spelled) instructions on how to get around the log-in & time-out issues? The instructions at the end of the install file just don't make sense.

Thanks in advance!

Forget the 2nd problem... I figured it out!

Great contrib... I think...

2 problems right now.

First... when I click either customer or shipping label button the page incorrectly fills in the (sender) Full Name and Company Name...

They are entered as:

Full Name: Dobo

Company Name: Dobo

Instead of:

Full Name: Kevin Dobo-Hoffman

Company Name: Dobo's Delights Bake Shoppe

Second... can someone please give more detailed (and correctly spelled) instructions on how to get around the log-in & time-out issues? The instructions at the end of the install file just don't make sense.

Thanks in advance!

OK... narrowed down the problem further.

My business name is Dobo's Delights Bake Shoppe, with an ('). In Admin, it is listed as such... I do not have to put in Dobo\'s Delights Bake Shoppe.

Apparently all code is fixed when pulling the business name from the database. Except that it doesn't work for this contrib. Adding the slash (\) to the company name doesn't help either.

(I changed the Full name entry in Admin and that half of the issue is solved.)

Will try to hunt down where to fix this but if anyone has any ideas...

Edited by dobosconsulting

Found a cheesy way around my apostrophe problem... I just hard coded the business name to be Dobos Delights rather than use the company name variable. Ain't very sophisticated, but it works.

Now I have one more problem... sometimes when the shipping state is filled in, it is the wrong state. For example... if the shipping address is to OH, it comes up as OR. Anyone else experience this?

Other than this one minor issue, this is an terrific contribution. It is already saving me much time messing with hand writing labels (and preventing errors in writing them). Also saving time not waiting in line at the post office!

Thanks! :D

Installed ver 1.7 and getting this error when I go to the orders page:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/httpd/vhosts/tidewaterherb.com/httpsdocs/tw/admin/orders.php on line 328

Line 328:

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_DIFFERENTSHIPPING, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_labelshipping.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_DIFFERENT SHIPPING) . '</a>

Thoughts?

Steve and all,

Found the problem...

Near the end of the line: IMAGE_ORDERS_DIFFERENT SHIPPING

Should Be                  : IMAGE_ORDERS_DIFFERENT_SHIPPING

Notice the underscore between different and shipping

Greg

Ok that was close, but it should not be DIFFERENT_SHIPPING

if you look at the code for filenames.php

//USPS Shipping Label Contribution
define('FILENAME_ORDERS_CUSTOMERSHIPPINGLABEL', 'customershippinglabel.php');
define('FILENAME_ORDERS_DIFFERENTSHIPPING', 'differentshipping.php');
//END USPS Shipping Label Contribution

it should be DIFFERENTSHIPPING

I have fixed this in the contrib and uploaded it to the contributions site.

BTW great Contrib, Thanks to the Author!

~Steel

Ok that was close, but it should not be DIFFERENT_SHIPPING

if you look at the code for filenames.php

//USPS Shipping Label Contribution
define('FILENAME_ORDERS_CUSTOMERSHIPPINGLABEL', 'customershippinglabel.php');
define('FILENAME_ORDERS_DIFFERENTSHIPPING', 'differentshipping.php');
//END USPS Shipping Label Contribution

it should be DIFFERENTSHIPPING

I have fixed this in the contrib and uploaded it to the contributions site.

BTW great Contrib, Thanks to the Author!

~Steel

Are you sure about this? FILENAME_ORDERS_DIFFERENTSHIPPING and IMAGE_ORDERS_DIFFERENT_SHIPPING are two different things... one is referencing a .php file and the other is referencing an image. I think it was correct before. The problem with the missing underscore (_) was in the directions only... not the included orders.php file. The file had it correct, but I couldn't use it because my orders.php was already modded a dozen times over. B)

I could be wrong about this... if so, my apologies.

Are you sure about this? FILENAME_ORDERS_DIFFERENTSHIPPING and IMAGE_ORDERS_DIFFERENT_SHIPPING are two different things... one is referencing a .php file and the other is referencing an image. I think it was correct before. The problem with the missing underscore (_) was in the directions only... not the included orders.php file. The file had it correct, but I couldn't use it because my orders.php was already modded a dozen times over.  B)

I could be wrong about this... if so, my apologies.

No, I am positive I have over 60 (yes 60) mods running in my store and I got it to work. The one file I had, had different things in the directions and in the file itself it was the DIFFERENTSHIPPING and I think it was in lower case also. I don't know about other people but I have found that in PHP upper and lower case do make a difference. But it was the DIFFERENTSHIPPING thing, at least that fixed it for me anyway :D

~Steel

• 2 weeks later...
Now I have one more problem... sometimes when the shipping state is filled in, it is the wrong state. For example... if the shipping address is to OH, it comes up as OR. Anyone else experience this?

Other than this one minor issue, this is an terrific contribution. It is already saving me much time messing with hand writing labels (and preventing errors in writing them). Also saving time not waiting in line at the post office!

Thanks!  :D

Here is the fix for your issue. Go in to the DIFFERENTSHIPPING file and find the line of code that fills in the state. just above the long list of "break states".

<td><input type="text" name="delivery_state" id="delivery_state" style="width:160px" size="19" tabindex="19" value='<?php switch(strtoupper($order->customer['state'])):

and then change it to:

<td><input type="text" name="delivery_state" id="delivery_state" style="width:160px" size="19" tabindex="19" value='<?php switch(strtoupper($order->delivery['state'])):

notice the change insted of getting the info from the customer database we are now getting the info from the delivery database.

Glad that you enjoy the contribution. Next I will be working on an international one. We have now out grown our need for this contribution. We are getting too many orders. I will be starting work on a batch processing system. Were you can process 10+ at a time. For the holidays I processed a few hundred and it took almost 6+ hours to process that many. When it should only take a few mins to process the orders.

So I have a question for every one. would you like a system that gives an invoice, a packing slip and the shipping label in a group. Or just print all the shipping labels together and the packing slip and invoice in another group. For example we do our printing on a laser printer. But we have a different type of paper for the shipping label that comes out of the thick stock bin. So it would be easer for us to print in two different groups then all together. Any ideas would be great.

Oh by the way great news the postal services is now doing flat rate. So it is 7.80 and box for shipping up to 50 pounds. I ordered some of the boxes online to see if they will work for us. Check it out to see if it will work for you. I am so excited about this... this can have so many positive options for us and you.

So I have a question for every one.  would you like a system that gives an invoice, a packing slip and the shipping label in a group. Or just print all the shipping labels together and the packing slip and invoice in another group. For example we do our printing on a laser printer. But we have a different type of paper for the shipping label that comes out of the thick stock bin. So it would be easer for us to print in two different groups then all together.  Any ideas would be great.

Personally, I print shipping labels and packing slips, but don't print invoices. And I print labels to a different printer, in which I load specially designed Click N Ship labels (available from labeluniverse.com).

So for me, at least so far, it would be better to keep the printing separate.

Thanks for the fix for the State variable.

Edited by dobosconsulting

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great contrib first. This will save me time!

Second, for people who are looking for labels for this, go up on eBay and search 8.5 x 5.5 label(s). I just bought 2 boxes that fit this for 5.05 shipped each box ($10 total). Great rate and then I can use these and just stick them on. Same as the Click N Print labels.

Next, any fix for the 2 oz shipping problem? Anyway, I see that problem and it is easy for me to enter the full amount, but would be nice to have that transfer.

As for contacting USPS about the auto login feature, I honestly don't think they would mind as it would bring them in more business and customers. Maybe they will make a profit and quit increasing stamp prices.

Corey

I contacted USPS about the autologon, currently the only one available for printing labels does not include postage. so to create postage would habe to be done a different way.

i did ask them to see about allowing an autologon, so that has now gone up to development for consideraton

I contacted USPS about the autologon, currently the only one available for printing labels does not include postage.  so to create postage would habe to be done a different way.

i did ask them to see about allowing an autologon, so that has now gone up to development for consideraton

Well that is a step. Are they supposed to contact you back if and when they decide to do this? It seems like they want to help and this would be great.

Thanks for calling.

Corey

ok here is what i have found out about looking for an option for auto login. if some one else has more expertise. please help.

here is the path to the login function for usps.

https://ecap21.usps.com/cgi-bin/ecapbv/scripts/login.jsp?

here are the variables username

<input type='text' id='username' size="18" name='username' value="" maxlength='255' tabindex='1'>

here is the variable for password

<input type='password' id='password' size="18" name='password' value="" maxlength='255' tabindex='2'>

now we need a pice of code that check to see is a sesion varable is already in place and if it is not we send the info and if it is we don't send the info.

i think this bit of code has what we are looking for but i don't know how to use it.

<span style="display:none">Your sign in session will expire after 15 minutes of server inactivity.  In order to maintain your data stored in this session, you will need to navigate to another page in this application within that timeframe.</span><form action="/ds/servlet/com.usps.shipping.domestic.servlets.ShipmentPrepServlet" method="get" onsubmit="">

also here is the core portion of the login screen that does all the work. i striped away and the junk or what makes a page pretty

<form name="login" action=login.jsp method="post">
    	 <input type=hidden name="BV_SessionID" value="@@@@0432557928.1106171198@@@@">
<input type=hidden name="BV_EngineID" value="ccchadddjeggfldcejkcfngdgfodfhn.0">

<tr><td><font class='mainTextBold'><font color='#333333'>Please fill in the following information:</font></font>
 <br><font class='mainText'><font color='#333333'>(<font face=arial color='#CC0000' size='2'>*</font> Required case sensitive fields)</font></font>
<br></td></tr>

<tr>
     <td width='356'>
    	 <input type=hidden name='mode' value='login'>
    	 <input type=hidden name='profile' value=''>
    	 <!-- display the username and password text boxes in this table -->
    	 <table border="0" summary="this table is for formatting" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
       <tr>
      	 <td width='12'></td>
<td align='right' valign='center' class='mainText' width='70'>
<font face=arial color='#CC0000' size='2'>*</font><span class="label">
Username 
</span>
</td>
<td class=''>
<input type='text' id='username' size="18" name='username' value="" maxlength='255' tabindex='1'>
<div style="display:none"><label for="username">Username minimum 6 characters required field</label></div>
</td>

<td width='6'></td><td><table border='1' bordercolor='#cccccc' bordercolorlight='#FFFFCC' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' summary='This table is used for visual layout.'><tr><td align='left' class='helpText'> (minimum 6 characters) </td></tr></table></td><td></td>

</tr>
       <tr><td></td>
</tr>
       <tr><td height=5></td></tr>

<tr>
      	 <td width='12'></td>
<td align='right' valign='center' class='mainText' width='70'>
<font face=arial color='#CC0000' size='2'>*</font><span class="label">
Password 
</span>
</td>
<td class=''>
<input type='password' id='password' size="18" name='password' value="" maxlength='255' tabindex='2'>
<div style="display:none"><label for="password">Password minimum 8 characters required field</label></div>
</td>

<tr><td class='mainText' valign='top' >
<input type='checkbox' name='edit_profile'  title='checkbox' id='edit_profile'value='Y' tabindex='4'> 
<div style="display:none"><label for="edit_profile">Edit/View my profile</label></div>
</td>
<td class='mainText' align='left' >
<span class="label">Edit/View my profile </span>
</td></tr></table>
</form>

Someone told me that the 2 ounce weight issue had been corrected, but I cant seem to find anything,, can someone tell me where that stands?

When i click shipping lab.. it transfers 2 ounces for the weight?

thats the weight issue i was speaking of,,

Thanks in advance

Tom

I installed "9 Jan 2005 - USPS Shipping Labels 1.7c" today & it seems to work, but I can't get the 2 buttons to show at the bottom of the orders page.

usps1.jpg

I read the previous posts about this & double checked everything. The path is right, I can view the page source & copy the path into the url & see the image by itself. You can verify here http://www.apexdog.com/includes/languages/...belcustomer.gif

and here https://www.apexdog.com/includes/languages/...belcustomer.gif

The code in the /admin/orders.php page is

<td colspan="2" align="right">
       <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_INVOICE) . '</a> 
       <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_packingslip.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP) . '</a> 
       <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_CUSTOMERSHIPPINGLABEL, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_labelcustomer.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_LABELCUSTOMER) . '</a>
       <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_DIFFERENTSHIPPING, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_labelshipping.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_DIFFERENTSHIPPING) . '</a> 
       <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>

It's got to be something simple I'm not seeing......... :blink:

Any ideas

Edited by apexdog