• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Option Type Feature v1.6 (for osc 2.2 MS2)

i installed this contribution on an already existing completely custom/edited oscommerce site and it works great so far (was a pain to install on an already built site but it's working :D)

what i wanted to know is if the Option Type Feature contribution will work with this contribution:

Attribute Sets

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,AttributeSets

i have a ton of products and i need to find a way to simplify adding product attributes without having to go product by product. the above contribution groups a bunch of attributes into one set, then all you have to do is apply the set to the product instead of having to apply each attribute to a product.

has anyone used Attribute Sets with Option Type Feature?

thanks

I just spent ages installing the attributes contribution mentioned above hoping it would work with the Option Type contributionand it doesn't work!

I was looking for a stock track contribution other than QTPro and with the input fields this is ideal - but forthe fact that it can't track atock attributes and stop them being added to the cart.

At the moment you can add, say, 10 items in stock on the categories page but have 1xsmall, 1xmedium, 7xlarge an 1xextra-large.

What happens if the 1xsmall is sold and the stock level falls to 9... yes, the item that you have run out of can still be added to future orders because the stock attribute isn't taken in to consideration.

I'm looking around for an attribute stock contribution or modification to add on to this so it becomes complete.. if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am struggling with making the size of the input box for textarea bigger. Right now it is almost invisible for the user to see what they are inputing. Where is the code to make this box bigger? You can go here and see what I mean - http://www.stitchinit.com/store/product_in...&products_id=41

Thanks,

Susan Keifline

Anyone? I need help here please. Thanks!!

Anyone? I need help here please. Thanks!!

I have the exact same problem. What is interesting to me, is that the text area is perfect when viewed in FireFox, super skinny in Internet Explorer, and non-existant in Opera.

I could sure use some help also, because this contribution is exactly what I need. I need it to work on at least IE6 and Firefox though.

Please, someone help us!!

Thanks.

Hi!

this is a great contrib!!!

Is it possible to split many options? I want to have ca. 10 Options under the Products Description and the other 10 Options on a Second Page. An on the second page under the Options, i want to display the Shopping Cart Button....

(I?m sorry for my bad english :blush: !!!)

Edited by espacio

Hi all....

Just a quick post re-iterating my previous request about any tips on the best way to implement stock control in this contribution, maybe on the lines of QTPro.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I would like to use the Option Type Feature 1.6, but I have these contributions installed on osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051112:

• Quantity Price Breaks for Separate Pricing Per Customer 1.02
  • Separate Pricing Per Customer 4.11
  • Easy Populate & Products Attributes

I have tried to install it but can't get it to work with the mods I have installed. Would anyone have the files ready to go for an install similar to mine?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jackie

Hi,

I installed the contribution. I don't know if you can assist me or not, but I almost have this set up, but I'm having this problem (from the Readme):

Q. My confirmation email is displaying TEXT instead of the custom text that the user entered? It is also appearing during checkout. A. This typically indicates a problem with either catalog/checkout_process.php or catalog/includes/classes/order.php. Check that you have installed or merged these files correctly.

I'm sure I have merged the files correctly, but I could be missing something.

Here are copies of my order.php and checkout_process.php

I have these contributions installed on osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051112:

* Quantity Price Breaks for Separate Pricing Per Customer 1.02

* Separate Pricing Per Customer 4.11

* Easy Populate & Products Attributes

Is there anyone familiar with this contribution who could assist me? You can look at my installation here:

http://scenicsigns.com.customers.tigertech.net/catalog

This is not a live store yet.

Here is a test product:

http://scenicsigns.com.customers.tigertech...&products_id=28

Thanks in advance.

Jackie

This seems like the contrib I need to install for my store, however, IS there a way to charge people per letter after a default amount. Say the first 10 letters are free, anything there after is + $0.10, and it gets added to their total. Can this do that or is there a mod to allow it to do so?

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. BACKUP!

disregard the post above. I found a solution.

Question:

Is it possible to set up 3 or 4 product attributes with this contribution and have them applied to every product in my catalog without having to manually apply them to each product individually?

Edited by spencermjax

I have a question about formatting the table that the attributes are laid out in. the atributes are currently laid out like this:

form1.gif

I would like them laid out like this:

form2.gif

any ideas on how I might be able to do this?

Would you kindly elaborate for the benefit of others (including myself), exactly how you achieved that setting as others may want to replicatethe look.

Thanks

CHOOCH

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I kept it the way it was and just found a better fitting location on the page for it.

I have a feeling that unless each field is put into an array or somehow called similar to the product info throughout OSC, the layout I wanted will not be possible.

a few posts ago I posed this question

Question:

Is it possible to set up 3 or 4 product attributes with this contribution and have them applied to every product in my catalog without having to manually apply them to each product individually?

Would it be possible to make the attributes products dropdown box a list box allowing multiple selections like this:

<select name="select" size="10" multiple>
	<option>a</option>
	<option>b</option>
	<option>c</option>
	<option>d</option>
	<option>e</option>
	<option>f</option>
	<option>g</option>
	etc...
  </select>

How would it effect the database entry if I manually changed that selection code myself?

I've just installed OTF v1.7.2 on an MS2.2. Everything looks good so far except:

I can't update previously set option types.

I'm only able to set option types once when I set a new option.

Did I miss something there..?

Anyone found a solution for TEXT options that are not showing up in DB or order emails?

I do not have Paypal installed, so solution on post #171 is not doing it for me.

I noticed the problem occurs when somone creates an account before they check out.

Any help would be appreciated, and I am even willing to pay someone to fix this.

Thank you,

fx

I have some attributes set up (radio button, checkbox & 2 text fields) you can see how it looks here

This is how my shopping cart looks:

textbox.gif

How can I get the name of the text field to show like this:

Text Color Apple Green

Frame Text: wwweew

Gift Wrap & Card $10.00

Custom card text: dddfffdd

Frame Text & Custom card text are the titles of the text boxes

I have some attributes set up (radio button, checkbox & 2 text fields) you can see how it looks....

Make sure your attribute option is not blank when you set them. My attribute options show in the shopping cart by default just like you would like them. Go in the admin section > Products Attributes > Product Options and make sure your TEXT options have an 'Option Name'.

This seems like the contrib I need to install for my store, however, IS there a way to charge people per letter after a default amount. Say the first 10 letters are free, anything there after is + $0.10, and it gets added to their total. Can this do that or is there a mod to allow it to do so?

I too would be interested in a solution for this problem.

Hi from France B)

I would be very interested in installing this contribution if I could put all my options in a new pop-up window? I don't want my pages to be very too heavy cause these options are not compulsory ....

Do you think that could be possible or did someone already do it???

Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Edited by lateralus

sub-total (tax free), Bookmark, Browse by Categories 2.5, Category box enhancement, Contact us choice 1.0.1, Featured products 1.5.5.1, MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping 1.101, Os Active Desktop 2.3, Paymenttypes 1.2, Phpmyvisites 2.1, Session counter, Skype Contact 1.0, Stats products per month 1, Store Pick Up Version 1.4, Updated spiders.txt, Who's Online Enhancement 2.00, BackButtons, Google Analytics, stats_sales_csv_1.2, google_position_1.3, Customers List Improved 1.4, boxe defilante

I too would be interested in a solution for this problem.

I'm still searching for an answer to this issue as well. Unfortunately no one seems to know. I've gotten no responses back, only more questions is what I find. If I do solve this issue, I will post it here for you and message you to let you know it was resolved. Anyone else, if you know how this can be setup I'd appreciate it.

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. BACKUP!

I'm still searching for an answer to this issue as well. Unfortunately no one seems to know. I've gotten no responses back, only more questions is what I find. If I do solve this issue, I will post it here for you and message you to let you know it was resolved. Anyone else, if you know how this can be setup I'd appreciate it.
Unfortunalty, I won't be able to do this contribution : except "copy/paste", I can not do more :huh:

But if I can find a solution, I'll put news here....

sub-total (tax free), Bookmark, Browse by Categories 2.5, Category box enhancement, Contact us choice 1.0.1, Featured products 1.5.5.1, MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping 1.101, Os Active Desktop 2.3, Paymenttypes 1.2, Phpmyvisites 2.1, Session counter, Skype Contact 1.0, Stats products per month 1, Store Pick Up Version 1.4, Updated spiders.txt, Who's Online Enhancement 2.00, BackButtons, Google Analytics, stats_sales_csv_1.2, google_position_1.3, Customers List Improved 1.4, boxe defilante

I do not advise anyone to install this contrib. It might work great for you, but if you have a problem and can't fix it yourself, you most likely will not find help on some problems that this mod has.

Good effort though.