• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Option Type Feature v1.6 (for osc 2.2 MS2)

I just had a store owner express a concern. It has to do with how this Contribution interacts with the shopping cart.

Let's say that I'm a customer ordering a product. I fill out the various product options and click Add to Cart. OK, so now there's a little box in the upper right column that says "Shopping Cart". Inside that box it says "1 x test item".

Now, ABOVE that, of course, is the link that says "Cart Contents". If I go THERE, I can see my product option choices that I've already filled in.

However, if I were to click on the "1 x test item" instead, I basically get taken to the blank item again.

My store owner is telling me that he didn't think to go to the "Cart Contents" link. He just clicked on the "1 x test item". And he was therefore quite surprised to see that his product options choices were not "stored" (or, actually, "recalled" would be a better word).

Now, I know full well not to expect this sort of behavior. I know that that link only really highlights the word "test item"... and therefore should only take you to a new instance of that test item.

However, my store owner does not know that. Plus, I can see where a customer would get confused.

Has anybody else noticed this problem? Has anybody come up with a way to deal with this (other than "turning off" that shopping cart box in the right hand column ?

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dani,

Sorry. You're right. I didn't realize you were specifically looking for validating the text option. Yes, JavaScript is the way to go. Any JavaScript book will have a section on validating text boxes.

ed

Hello everyone. I have file_feature-.77 installed which is File Upload module built on top of the Option Type Feature contribution. I am now trying to update the Option Type for the newest revision and am having a heck of a time.

Has anyone done this? I could really use some help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Raymond :'(

I have installed Option Type Feature v1.6. If I edit any product option in admin/products_attributes.php, all records of products_options_values_id=0(that is TEXT) in Table products_options_values_to_products_options will disappear by themselves.

Is it normal?

Does v1.71 fix this problem?

Michael Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Helllo all,

Does anyone have the Options as Images and Option Type Feature 1.71 working together?

When I install them both and enable the Options as Images feature, all my text option types become drop down lists with inside them the word "TEXT". :(

I realy need this working together because I need some options shown as images in a grid because showing them in one long list of radio buttons with images would result in very... very....... very long lists.

THANKS everyone in advance!

Michiel

I was also wondering if it is possible to have two text field options listed next to eachother instead of the standard OSC way? The readme.html included with this contribution (version 1.71) gives a good example of what I mean.

Michiel

Just wanted to give a quick "thanks" for this mod. Just what I needed :)

I do have one question though. I have the mod installed in my shop, and when a person fills out the TEXT fields it is passed to the cart and so forth, my problem is checkout.

I use paypal and the paypal_ipn is not grabbing the correct value for the text field. So when a person pays and I look at his order in admin, or he looks at his order in order history it is just showing "TEXT" instead of what it should be.

I've read a few people had the same problem in the threads I've read, one guy figured it out but only posted "Oh I got it! thanks" instead of posting an answer :(

Can anyone help me get the correct code in the paypal_ipn so the text fields show up? Don't want to email each customer and ask them after the fact -hehe-

Thanks so much for any help :)

Just wanted to give a quick "thanks" for this mod. Just what I needed :)

I do have one question though. I have the mod installed in my shop, and when a person fills out the TEXT fields it is passed to the cart and so forth, my problem is checkout.

I use paypal and the paypal_ipn is not grabbing the correct value for the text field. So when a person pays and I look at his order in admin, or he looks at his order in order history it is just showing "TEXT" instead of what it should be.

I've read a few people had the same problem in the threads I've read, one guy figured it out but only posted "Oh I got it! thanks" instead of posting an answer :(

Sorry I can't help, but I can confirm this problem using the "new" PayPal IPN V1.0 contribution. :(

So if anyone has figured this out already, please let us all know :thumbsup:

Sorry I can't help, but I can confirm this problem using the "new" PayPal IPN V1.0 contribution.  :(

So if anyone has figured this out already, please let us all know  :thumbsup:

I don't believe this is solely an issue with PayPal IPN - because I'm having the issue everywhere else as well (i.e. reports, admin etc). Seems when using the Text attribute, it is still getting the 'products_options_values_name' value (TEXT) from the 'products_options_values' Table instead of the 'products_options_value_text' from the 'customers_basket_attributes' Table. I've checked my 'Order.php' and 'checkout_process' as the README file suggests and everything is normal there.

I'm kinda new to all this :P so if ANYONE can help - that would be greatly appreciated! :D THanks!!! :thumbsup:

I don't believe this is solely an issue with PayPal IPN - because I'm having the issue everywhere else as well (i.e. reports, admin etc). Seems when using the Text attribute, it is still getting the 'products_options_values_name' value (TEXT) from the 'products_options_values' Table instead of the 'products_options_value_text' from the 'customers_basket_attributes' Table. I've checked my 'Order.php' and 'checkout_process' as the README file suggests and everything is normal there.

I'm kinda new to all this  :P  so if ANYONE can help - that would be greatly appreciated!  :D  THanks!!! :thumbsup:

Yup I had a look and unfortunately it looks like a serious issue as all the "standard" attribute handling routines will fail to use the new table and table entries that this contribution uses to store the "text" etc attribute data :(

So unless this contribution can be standardised/supported (very unlikely) then custom code will need to be written for all the affected modules - nightmare time.

I was ging to adapt the PayPal IPN module - but that would only gloss over one area and would break anyway if an updated module was required.

I hate to say it but I think this contribution is fundamentally flawed in its implementation re: attribute tables.

It works very well on my site. Take a look at my products at:

TEXT - http://www.popthetop.com/catalog/product_i...&products_id=70

SELECT - http://www.popthetop.com/catalog/product_i...products_id=103

CHECKBOX - http://www.popthetop.com/catalog/product_i...products_id=157

and you will see it in action. We do not have PayPal IPN installed though. I never had a problem with people not clicking on the con't link and most people pay by direct credit card anyway.

You can login using our test account...

E-mail: [email protected]

password: 1234

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

It works very well on my site. Take a look at my products at:

Hello.

It's good that you are not affected with the problem - due to your current store set-up.

But that doesn't change the fact that the attribute handling problem is lurking ready to bite or otherwise bother you if you ever need/want to use an "affected" module.

It's a very serious issue. And a great shame as it's otherwise a great contribution.

Hi

I have the paypal ipn installed and working great. I have installed the option type feature.

I have been able to get it to work.

The problem I have having is:

I have a text box the user will fill out for a name. When they get to check it is still showing on the order.

If they do COD for the order it will email the order process complete with the name intack.

If they do paypal it takes the name away and puts TEXT in place of the name.

It is also putting TEXT on my invoices.

I have merged my files and have went over them alot of times. Does anyone seen this problem before?

Hi

I have the paypal ipn installed and working great. I have installed the option type feature.

I have been able to get it to work.

The problem I have having is:

I have a text box the user will fill out for a name. When they get to check it is still showing on the order.

If they do COD for the order it will email the order process complete with the name intack.

If they do paypal it takes the name away and puts TEXT in place of the name.

It is also putting TEXT on my invoices.

I have merged my files and have went over them alot of times. Does anyone seen this problem before?

Brian that's exactly the problem we have been talking about!

the PayPal IPN module passes on certain "standard defined" attributes to the PayPal server and to the system email notification service.

The problem is with the new "dynamic value" attributes used in this contribution - they are not fully recognised by the PayPal module and you end up with the "static name" 'TEXT' values being used instead.

Thanks for the quick reply back. Do you know if options as images is causeing the same problem?

I found the solution, works perfectly now. let me grab the fix and post it. It is a two line fix in the paypal ipn, I'm using the new one oscommerce released, but it seems to fix it for all the paypal IPN mods.

I found the solution, works perfectly now. let me grab the fix and post it. It is a two line fix in the paypal ipn, I'm using the new one oscommerce released, but it seems to fix it for all the paypal IPN mods.

Ok, Here is the solution I found by JGofGFS so that your order emails and the admin side says the option choices and not just 'TEXT' when checking out with paypal.

in catalog/paypal.ipn (I changed includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php it fixed it)

change this line:

'products_options_values' => $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'],

to this:

'products_options_values' => $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'],

change this line:

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

to this:

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . tep_decode_specialchars($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value']);

I really hope this helps someone, because the options contrib is really helpful for a lot of folks and the paypal ipn not pulling the info is the only set back.

Good luck.

Edited by WebPixie

Anyone got Option Type Feature merged with qtpro 4? those two contribs together, would be a SUPERB contribution. It's very annoying that I can't use Option Type Feature to add one item for a T-shirt - and then attributes (options) for sizes. Without QTPro - I can't keep track of my stock - and I risk my customers ordering something I don't have in stock - and I have to remove options, as they go out of stock and add them again when they're in stock :(

I'd gladly support (with US$) the development of a merged contrib, option type feature + qtpro4 (and perhaps static options too - just to bee feature complete :) (any other mods that fit in with these?

perhaps others with the same need can come forward and say if you need anything other than this - and we could collect a bunch of $ to pay to any dev who has the time and php/osc-experience to do this. in QTpro 4, the dev has already written how we would propose it should be implemented - and he has changed qtpro to use plugins - so one could write plugins for option type feature.. perhaps he'd even be interested in this job..

Ok, Here is the solution I found by JGofGFS so that your order emails and the admin side says the option choices and not just 'TEXT' when checking out with paypal.

in catalog/paypal.ipn (I changed includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php it fixed it)

change this line:

'products_options_values' => $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'],

to this:

'products_options_values' => $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'],

change this line:

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

to this:

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . tep_decode_specialchars($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value']);

I really hope this helps someone, because the options contrib is really helpful for a lot of folks and the paypal ipn not pulling the info is the only set back.

Good luck.

This worked great - but you forgot to change 1 line

Change This:

$parameters['os' . $j . '_' . $item] = $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

To This:

$parameters['os' . $j . '_' . $item] = $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];

This worked great - but you forgot to change 1 line

Change This:

$parameters['os' . $j . '_' . $item] = $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

To This:

$parameters['os' . $j . '_' . $item] = $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];

Good looking out. :) Thanks for seeing that.... leaving that out kept any attributes over 2 from showing, might need those -hehe-

Hello, can you point me to the thread of JGofGFS where you picked this information up?

Dave.