• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Option Type Feature v1.6 (for osc 2.2 MS2)

Does this mean that a customer will not be able to buy two items of the same type, same attributes but different text area attributes?
No, if there is different text in the text area it is another attribute. It is added to the products_id string like {text_2}Text%20added%20here

In the "standard" OTF the attribute {text_2} would be in the string and in the database regardless a text was added or not. That defies logic in my view.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I seem to have this working just one little issue related to textareas and im not sure how to resolve.

I made the textarea large enough, example in the length under product options I made it 300. Yet in IE 7, it bunches up. However, sometimes it fixes itself. If I click cart contents, then click the product again to return to product_info, the text expands as it should.

See attached images

When the textarea is displayed as the only attribute, it bunches up.

image2ry9.th.jpg

If I add another attribute, e.g. a select box, it makes the textarea as wide as the select box.

image1fg4.th.jpg

I removed the javascript portion of the code in product_info.php as I really don't need that. It didnt resolve the issue either.

Hope this will be an easy fix.

Hi All,

I am wondering if it is possible to accomplish the following with this contribution?

I want the following options on the product info page

radio button 1 - 5 grams of product A $5.00

radio button 2 - 20 grams of Product A $10

radio button 3 - 40 grams of Product A $15

Quantity - Text Box

The user clicks on "radio button 3" and enters a quantity of 2 then " 2 X 20 grams of Product A" is added to the cart displaying $30.

If this contribution cannot do this can someone please suggest a contribution which can accomplish this (very urgent..please)

Thanks

Sam

Hello!

I am using Option Type Feature to create products with user defined height and width. The price should be calculated by sqaremetres.

My Idea:

Product: 1 sqaremetre 10.00

Options:

- quantity (pieces)

- width

- height

If the customer chooses three items in 5m x 2m he has 3x5x2=30sqaremetres. 30 x 10.00 = 300$

I think the easiest way would be to put the sqaremetres to the positions own quantitiy-field.

How do I calculate with the optionvalues in the product_info and push the calculated value to the shoppingcart?

I'd be glad if someone could help me or give me some advices.

Edited by DigitalSpring

Firstly I will apologise if this topic has been answered in a previous thread, if it has could you please tell me where.

I have spent the last 6 and a half hours adding the 'Option Tye Feature' contribution manually to my shop but I'm stuck with the following error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_decode_specialchars() in

C:\Inetpub\vhosts\swagbags.biz\httpdocs\shop\checkout_process.php on line 221

[\QUOTE]

I have manually added all the code to all the apropriate files and database and have carefully checked every entry I have made.

I am using osCommerce v2.2ms2 release 12

Everything works except the final page, confirming the order.

Anyone with any ideas

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone find a fix for the label/name of the text input fields not showing in the cart, confirmation and admin/order acreens?

Hai,

I'm having an issue with this contribution.

The problem is that it does'nt show the text in the text-area option when you want to update an ordered item from the cart contents.

The value is shown inde url and in the source code but is not displayed on the screen.

If you for instance type some text in the blank text-area that is shown and you click on add to cart again a new item is added to the cart contents instead of updating the already present item.

This is the text in the url:

product_info.php?products_id=39{3}12{2}8{txt_4}{txt_5}test%20text-area

and this is the source:

<textarea onKeyDown="textCounter(this,'progressbar5',255)"

onKeyUp="textCounter(this,'progressbar5',255)"

onFocus="textCounter(this,'progressbar5',255)"

wrap="soft"

name="id[txt_5]"

rows=5

id="id[txt_5]"

value="test text-area"></textarea>

So, the netry is shown in the source code of the displayed page, but it is not visible in the text area box.

I'm using the latest version from this link: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,option+type

Help wanted!!

Hai,

I'm having an issue with this contribution.

The problem is that it does'nt show the text in the text-area option when you want to update an ordered item from the cart contents.

The value is shown inde url and in the source code but is not displayed on the screen.

If you for instance type some text in the blank text-area that is shown and you click on add to cart again a new item is added to the cart contents instead of updating the already present item.

This is the text in the url:

product_info.php?products_id=39{3}12{2}8{txt_4}{txt_5}test%20text-area

and this is the source:

<textarea onKeyDown="textCounter(this,'progressbar5',255)"

onKeyUp="textCounter(this,'progressbar5',255)"

onFocus="textCounter(this,'progressbar5',255)"

wrap="soft"

name="id[txt_5]"

rows=5

id="id[txt_5]"

value="test text-area"></textarea>

So, the netry is shown in the source code of the displayed page, but it is not visible in the text area box.

I'm using the latest version from this link: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,option+type

Help wanted!!

I have just checked this and mine does as you describe. I assume that this 'problem' is actually intended behaviour. I checked with a fresh install and it does the same with the standard attributes system from core. If someone wanted to buy two of the same products with different options they would probably take the easy route and click the item in the cart to get there. It's not really too bad that they must delete the excess items from their cart, especially if you have the 'auto remove from cart button' contrib installed.

I'm more bothered about the lack of option names for text input types in the shopping cart, checkout confirmation, admin/order, invoices etc. It looks very unprofessional. Shame no-one knows how to fix it. It's the one thing stopping me from adding an update to this contrib.

Hi,

I am having a problem with Option Type Feature and getting it to work with Master / Slave Products.

The problem is that Master / Slave products doesn't seem to support text or text areas and will only display a select box with 'TEXT' written in it.

I have attempted to change the code to display an input box instead, which worked to the extent that either no input was passed through to the basket or that the product was not added to the basket.

Has anyone had similar problems and have they got a fix for it?

Many thanks,

Adam Hammerton

That'll teach me to scan over something early in the morning. I missed the whole point.

JanZ: Do you know if there is a fix for the input field label not showing in the cart etc.?

Do you know if there is a fix for the input field label not showing in the cart etc.?
I don't know what you are talking about. I tried it tonight with both a text area and an input field and it works fine everywhere.

Do you know if there is a fix for the input field label not showing in the cart etc.?
I don't know what you are talking about. I tried it tonight with both a text area and an input field and it works fine everywhere.

I just checked the database table orders_products_attributes and for the text input option nothing is being added to products_options column. Obviously, this means that products_options for text option types is not echoed to screen. All I get is the separator and the value such as ': 123465'. I'm trying to debug and find the problem but the code is a bit too complex for me to understand. I'll keep trying unless you have any suggestions.

I would also appreciate help with this contribution. I have put all the code into the necessary files as explained in the instructions and added the two SQL files to the correct tables. When I go to the Admin tools to make a new Product Option no matter which type i choose (text, radio, check, or text area) a drop down menu is created instead the check box, radio button, or text box. Can someone give me any suggestions as to what i should like for in the code or when configuring Product Option, Values, or Attributes.

Note: I am familiar with PHP and how to code with it.

Thanks for this link. I updated the product_info.php with this code and it now shows the text that is present in the text-area. Muchos gratias!!!

The thing is that it doesn't solve my issue completly! I want it to update the text-area instead of adding a new product with the updated text-area.

How can this be fixed? Any ideas?

Cheers

wijs2

The thing is that it doesn't solve my issue completly! I want it to update the text-area instead of adding a new product with the updated text-area.

How can this be fixed? Any ideas?

Fixed? So in your opinion it is broken? Not in my opinion, you just want something special. Without adding extra code (like adding a checkbox on product_info.php that you want to get rid of the "old" product etcetera) that is not possible.

The shopping cart code does not know you want to update the text. It "sees" the different text and therefore product and then adds it as a new one (which makes sense).

Fixed? So in your opinion it is broken? Not in my opinion, you just want something special. Without adding extra code (like adding a checkbox on product_info.php that you want to get rid of the "old" product etcetera) that is not possible.

The shopping cart code does not know you want to update the text. It "sees" the different text and therefore product and then adds it as a new one (which makes sense).

I have to agree with you there. I don't think there is any point updating the cart as the customer can easily remove an item. They might be upset if they intended to add another item with the same attributes all but one and the system took the liberty of effectively writing over their previous item.

I have to agree with you there. I don't think there is any point updating the cart as the customer can easily remove an item. They might be upset if they intended to add another item with the same attributes all but one and the system took the liberty of effectively writing over their previous item.

Okay, the use of the word "fixed" might be wrong in the contect that I ment. I agree with JanZ that the code is not broke or maybe even wrong. JanZ is also totally right when he writes that I want something special as I didn't fully understood the way the shopping cart worked and works(thanks psynaptic).

Now I know so thanks to you guys of gilrs, JanZ and psynaptic! Tuff cookie for the customers!

Thanks again!

Tuff cookie for the customers!

Do you think that the default behaviour is going to be hard on the customer?

Do you think that the default behaviour is going to be hard on the customer?

Yes, I do think the customers will have some dufficulties with this process because it is not clear wat is happening when you click on an item from inside the shopping cart.

An option to update the item would be easier to understand and in my opinion more user friendly than adding a new item with only the text area changed. The reason that a customer clicks on the item is to update the item, not to add a duplicate item with only the text area changed. Maybe even a copy this item option would be nice to have if a customer wants some options the same as, but not all.

So an update/change and a copy option would be a nice to have.

Solution for Custom Text added by customer not showing in Admin Screen.

I'm posting this here so that those who follow may find a quick solution.

The problem is with PayPal. A detailed explanation is here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247976

Special Thanks to birchy82 & 241

They did the all the hard work.

Well thanks to this method i finally got the whole thing to work flawlessly which is really great so i have to say thanks to everyone involved in coming up with it.

However the problem is that i'm no longer using the PayPal IPN instead i'm using the Nochex APC i believe it's called and now the custom text areas have stopped appearing on the invoice in the admin section. Is there a similar modification that i need to make to the Nochex module?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Petester

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed in this thread before but I sure wasn't able to find anything.

The Option Type Feature is amazing! Great contribution. It has definitely allowed me to add far more options to my products in a far more user friendly way but I think it could be taken a step further.

Is there some way of being able to provide conditional options to users? For example a products options for Sun Glasses might be:

Colour: Red, Blue, Orange, Black (in a drop down list)

Lens Type: Semi-Clear, Blue Tint, Black Tint (in a drop down list)

Custom Arm Text: (text field)

Let's say if the user selects "Black" for the Colour ... is it possible to hide "Blue Tint" as an option for Lens Type? Has anyone done anything like this with this contribution?

I'll eagerly be waiting for a response!

Thanks,

Olimess