• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need testers for manualorder mod

I need some testing done or some edits of a manual order mod

It allows creation of a new customer, as well as adding orders for existing customers. Do NOT under ANY circumstances delete any of my test products. Please post any bugs you encounter here.

www.jewelrysupplyhouse.com/deboss

username manualorder

pw testing

Look in Customers --Manual Order

HI, I am not quite sure what you like to check,

but I get this in EDIT orders

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/virtual/site70/fst/var/www/html/deboss/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/virtual/site70/fst/var/www/html/deboss/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

This is what i get when trying to test

You are not authorized to view this page, please go back.

Me Three! :roll:

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

The good news - the access permission is fixed so you can login and see the process to create a new acount or to place an order for the customer.

Some things to note:

1)Orders.php is working again

2) The "create account" part should be fine. The edit account functonality once logged in to the customer account is not working properly because in updating the record you have to enter a password.

I wondered what you were getting up to.

Firstly, nice work you have obviously put alot of work into this.

I tested both sides of manual ordering and they seem to work just fine.

Obviously you have modified the P&G manual order cont (and got it to work!), do you use the existing customer and order tables, or do you use the seperate tables that P&G did?

Personally I thought the additional (duplicate) tables they used to be a bit cumbersome, more useful would be a flag in the orders table that we can use in admin to establish the origin of the order - i.e online sale or manual entry.

No doubts though, this cont is much needed, well done again.

/* Intellectual property: are you for or against the human race? */

if ( you want exclusive ownership of an idea ) {

keep your idea to yourself;

// you greedy bastard

}

I like the way you can select the customer so easily. The other feature about not sending the e-mails is useful too. Otherwise it seems pretty similar to just logging in to the customer's account with your master password and creating an order.

Actually there was one thing that surprised me:

When I logged in and added things to the cart for one customer I didn't complete the purchase or log out but just closed the window. I then added a new customer and the same things appeared in his cart.

What would the customer see on logging in?

On a different subject, as Adam asked, are the admin orders flagged in some way?

My wishes are heard ... :D

It worked great ... (as far as i tried it ...)

Great work!!

But, (note: this is just an idea ...) what if you have, let's say: 500 customers ... this would be a big dropdown list then ...

Maybe a search fuction for customer-numbers? (i've implemented this in the 'main' customers part in the admin area ...

But afterall, a great mod!!

Hope that it's soon ready ...

Greetz.

I tested the mod and it didnt encounter any errors. It looks good so far although i agree with the earlier post which suggests that a different method of selecting a customer may be helpful if there is a lot of them (Perhaps even just selecting the starting letter of the surname might cut this down enough with a second drop down box populating with the customers names that start with that letter, or obviously a customer id field for a quick reference if the customer knows their id).

I'm very interested in adding this mod to the site that i'm developing now as they get a lot of telephone orders that are only tracked by paper at the moment and they are looking for a way to integrate their web an phone orders together. They have mentioned that they would like to have a status field though so they can seperate where the order came from (phone/fax/mail/web). Would it be possible to add an additional field to the orders so that any orders placed by the admin (logged in as the user using your manual order mod) can be flagged as a phone/fax/mail order?

My wishes are heard ...  :D  

It worked great ... (as far as i tried it ...)

Great work!!

But, (note: this is just an idea ...) what if you have, let's say: 500 customers ... this would be a big dropdown list then ...

Maybe a search fuction for customer-numbers? (i've implemented this in the 'main' customers part in the admin area ...

But afterall, a great mod!!

Hope that it's soon ready ...

Greetz.

If you want to help him just put the code you changed here I think, then you are helping, and maybe he is finisched sooner.

I'am breaking my head about this contribution for a long time now.

I banged my head against the wall and that wouldn't help also.

I'm getting errors like Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /www/htdocs/vwebsh/admin/spg_manual_info.php on line 124

It looks good the manual entry mod He got it to work. big applause and a cheer.

I'am waiting on the contribution. please hurry, before I'm going crazy and must go to a hospital.

Sorry for my broken english I'am dutch

How great this looks,, and would be wonderful to have this mod,,

I ,, like so many others,, pulled out many, many hair's from my head to no avail of getting it to work,,, maybe now that someone knows what they are doing,, we might get a good working mod,, sure looks great on his page,, and by the looks,, he sure knows what he is doing,,,

Awsome.!

Tom

Nice mod.... do you really have a mod to print UPS labels?.... and USPS? really?.....if so where or may i get it?.

<span style='font-family:Courier'>If you can't fix it Perl it!!!...</span>

Bluephoenix,

I tested the existing customer and new customer functionality. It was simple to create orders both ways. I did not encounter any errors when working with one customer at a time.

I did notice that if I did not log out when finished working with a customer account and left the window open, upon logging in as a different customer, any open widows for other customers changed to the newly opened customer account. This effectively prevents you from working on more than 1 account at a time. This may very well be what you intended. I just make note of it here for reference.

The only problem that I noticed was in regards to opening several accounts and not closing them/logging off when finished. It seems that whatever items i had previously added to the other customer's carts were showing up in the most recently opened account. Obviously if the admin always logs off after working with a customer account, this will not be a problem. But inevitably an admin will often forget. One solution would be to generate a warning that requires the admin to log off the previous account before logging on to another account.

A question I would have is whether there are added benefits to creating users/orders through your mod rather than directly through the catalog side? The one obvious difference that was indicated at the login section is that emails are not sent to the new customer when entered by the admin. Are there other differences?

Keep up the good work!

Eric Stamper

If you want to help him just put the code you changed here I think, then you are helping, and maybe he is finisched sooner.

I'am breaking my head about this contribution for a long time now.

I banged my head against the wall and that wouldn't help also.

I'm getting errors like Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /www/htdocs/vwebsh/admin/spg_manual_info.php on line 124

It looks good the manual entry mod He got it to work. big applause and a cheer.

I'am waiting on the contribution. please hurry, before I'm going crazy and must go to a hospital.

Sorry for my broken english I'am dutch

The error you describe is because the function doesn't exist ...

You have to delete the "tep_" part from the code ...

Then it would work! :)

P.S.

Zie net dat je nederlander bent ... sorry ... (dat m'n post in 't engels is, maar ja, dan hebben andere er ook wat aan ...)

Edited by RattleSn@ke

• 3 months later...

Two questions:

1. What's happened with this contrib? We are loading a new store and very much ned this capability.

2. We were looking at using the P&G Shipping Module to do this,, but I read some comments in this thread saying that that contrib does not work (using MS2). Is that correct, or have people been using the P&G successfully?

• 1 month later...
Two questions:

1. What's happened with this contrib? We are loading a new store and very much ned this capability.

2. We were looking at using the P&G Shipping Module to do this,, but I read some comments in this thread saying that that contrib does not work (using MS2). Is that correct, or have people been using the P&G successfully?

I have installed the P&G Shipping module and it is working correctly. I had difficult with the tep_ functions. You simply need to remove all the tep_ in all the spg files that goe swith this contribution.

I am having diffculty with it thought. It all comes up correctly in my Shipping module in Admin. But when I select Manual Entry and Login it goes to a completely blank page?

If I chose create order it comes up with this error?

1146 - Table 'test.TABLE_SPG_MAN_INFO' doesn't exist

update TABLE_SPG_MAN_INFO set spg_man_key = '0I{W1ywMkJDcoZnbK8QdFGBi' , spg_man_key2 = 'LnNrsVNComMqJ6rZTP2smh6I' , spg_man_key3 = '' where spg_man_info_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I think its a problem with the MySql entry? Or the Table_SPG_MAN_INFO isn't getting defined properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I like the features this mod offers.