• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PWA module failing on Checkout Success

Karlin

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the PWA module (v .60b). I think I followed the documentation correctly. Everything goes ok for awhile during the checkout process, but after putting in all of the Personal Info, Credit card #, etc, and going to the Confirmation page, I click on "Confirm Order". it kicks me back to the "Welcome, Please sign In" screen with the 3 boxes side by side. I think it should be going to the "Your order has been processed" page, or something like that, right?

Is there something wrong with the checkout_success.php file in my /catalog directory?

Regards,

Karlin

Yes, I did need to copy over that file, and it is doing something a bit differently now. Once I get through the Personal Information page, it kicks me back out to the "Welcome, Sign in, Please" page.

I went through the installation again to ensure I had not missed anything else. I checked files sizes to make sure they match the files sizes in the contribution. All are ok.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Karlin

OK, I am in the testing stage of implementation. In order to test the shopping cart, I used different test words for First and Last Name, but always my same email address. This was causing osc to kick me out since my email address was the same for all of the test names I put in.

So, I am using a different email address, and I am back to my original problem of clicking the Confirmation button, and getting kicked back out to the "Welcome, Please Sign In" page.

Ahhh...it might have to do with using the login.php where the boxes are next to each other instead of stacked. I didn't check that one out and just used the old file from a previous version of the contribution. I added it to v0.60b as someone had requested it...guess I should have checked it out first, eh? :oops: Just figured it was working. I will look at it and let you know what changes likely need to be made. If you could, load the other login.php file where the boxes are stacked and see if that one works, that way we will know if it is the file itself or possibly some server issue.

Do you mean the /catalog/login.php, or the /catalog/includes/login_pwa.php? The one that seems to decide how to act based on boxes being stacked or side by side seems to be the /catalog/includes/login_pwa.php, but I did not want to make assumptions.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Regards,

Karlin

I installed this hack, and I am having the same problems as noted above.

It just keeps kicking you back to the login page. It doesn't matter whether the choices are stacked or side by side. This script simply doesn't work correctly and will need revisions by it's creator before anyone should take the time to install it.

David McGuffin

Web Designer

I just replaced the login_pwa.php with the one where the boxes are stacked, and I still got the same problem as well.

It is nice to know someone else has duplicated this issue, so I know I have not overlooked something.

Regards,

Karlin

I have not been able to get several contributions to work without having to spend hours in the forum looking for little "bug" fixes. Point in case, I just finally got the UPSXML Contribution working, but the download by itself does not work, I had to make a "bug" fix to it from a post I found in the forum.

I wish these people would more thoroughly test their scripts before "slapping" them up to be used by everyone else. It's a real time waster. . .

David McGuffin

Web Designer

David,

Better yet, how bout they don't contribute anything, that way you can write everything from scratch.

Contribs are being written all the time. People write them for different versions of osCommerce. I think the fact that they are writing them and contributing them for FREE is good enough and shouldn't warrant any type of complaints like the one you just issued.

Don't expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter. Everything here is free. If you had to pay for it and it didn't work, then you could complain. A little work may be required to get alot of the contribs working with the new MS2, and not all of the fixes will be easy to do.

Leezzard,

Your points are not without merit. It's just frustrating when a contribution is written for a specific release and it doesn't work right and it released with comments from it's creator that give the impression it's been thoroughly tested and works for that release of osCommerce.

I apologize to "JB" for complaining about his script and I wont do it again.

PS: I like things on "silver platters" ;)

David McGuffin

Web Designer

Karlin,

All works fine until you get to the authorize.net portion. When it returns to the login page look at what the url is at the top... https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll I process my own CCs and it works fine on MS2 so I am not sure what the problem would be with authorize.net It looks like others have had the same problem with authorize.net although there was no solution posted: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51420 Did you make sure your transaction key# for authorize.net is set properly in the admin section? Just guessing. Try switching off authorize.net and just use the stock CC module and see if it works that way if so then maybe we can figure out why PWA does not work with Anet.

David,

I agree that it can be frustrating. But working through the bugs can be half the fun. In April I had never seen php before in my life. But because of osC I have new knowledge. I don't claim to know alot, but if it weren't for bugs, and trying to figure out how to make contribs work for different versions, I wouldn't have half of a clue about php.

I just don't want to see any more contributing members leave because of unfair criticism....it has happened already.

Lets enjoy what we have, and work together to fix what isn't working. :)

Has anyone been able to get the PWA contribution to work?

The problem I have been having is when you finish entering your information and click to move on, it takes you back to the page where you decide whether or not to login or not.

I'm sure it's just a small bug, but I'll be darned if I can figure it out.

David McGuffin

Web Designer

JB,

The oddest thing happened. When I went to unload the AuthorizeNet module on the Admin page, it (the AuthorizeNet module) was no longer listed as a module, but listed as a Credit Card module. So the list appeared to have the Credit Card module listed twice. I think you are correct about the AuthorizeNet module interfering with the PWA module.

When I removed the AuthorizeNet (alias first Credit Card module in the list) and loaded the second (real) Credit Card module in the list, everything worked just fine, I actually got to the "Your order has been Processed" page!

I think you are on the right track, JB!!! :D

OK, I installed the Authorizenet Consolidated v 1.2 module, and things are working as they should! YEAH!

So, the final question for this thread is this:

I still have the AuthorizeNet Module showing up in the Admin/Payments panel as Credit Card. So the list displays two entries for Credit Cards, though the modules are different.

How do I correct this so that the Authorizenet module shows up as AuthorizeNet as it should?

I would imagine it is a simple change to a file, but please point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Karlin

Glad you got it to work! The name should be located in your catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet.php file if you were using the standard module that came with OSC. Just change it to this or anything else you would like:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_TEXT_TITLE', 'Authorize.net');

If you were previously using a different Anet contribution you probably added a new file in the same directory path (catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/) so check there.

OK, that did the trick. It now reads AuthorizeNet in the list. Thank you so much for the speedy reply. :D

Just a thought...maybe change this file for the contribution so that it is consistent with the name of the module that comes with MS2.2?

Regards,

Karlin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, i am trying to get this to work.. i am using MS2.2 . I've noticed a few problems and think i have made the appropriate changes.

I am still getting errors right now when trying to make a transaction..

i get the following error

"There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again."

not very descriptive so it's hard to tell what the hell is going on.. if it's even getting to my Authorize.Net account..

Any ideas? thanks.

• 5 months later...

Rwfresh:

Going through posts referring to Authorize.net Consolidated looking for suggestions here...hence the late response. That is admittedly a very non-descriptive message. It has been changed in my latest revision, along with quite a bit else.

Austin519