• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Vendor & Individual Shipping Integration for 2.2 M

moonlitsun

I noted in some of the recent posts that both authors Arendt (Multi-Vendor) and Gremlin (Indvship) do not plan to support the latest OSC 2.2 Milestone 2.

However, I would simply like a brief response by ALL THOSE VIEWERS visiting this post to ascertain how many people would benefit from this updated mod combo for both of the following contributions:

Individual Product Shipping Prices:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1333

Multi-Vendor Shipping:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,969

The more people who reply with a "YES, INTERESTED" post, the better the chances we have of either DM Gremlin, Farrukh Saeed (indivship 2.0), Nathan Arendt, and/or any other interested party preparing an updated combination of these two very valuable modifications.

I don't know about you, but I've run into a slew of difficulties trying to implement both of these solutions together. Equally frustrating, it seems Multi-Vendor Shipping isn't yet fully functional on OSC 2.2 Milestone 2.

I suspect that if we build enough interest for this, it might very well qualify for the next Milestone release of osCommerce!

Thanks in advance for your supportive comments.

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

To be frank I'm more interested in understandng how to get MVS working for Loaded5 at the moment. I'm still having difficulty understanding how it works and if I could use it. I was considering some kind of shopping mall contribution as an alternative (overkill) way of handling this.

• 1 year later...

I've installed Invship with 2.2 and had a few glitches. I tried to install the latest versions of Multi Vendor Ship (although not the enhanced) on top of it, and found a few more glitches. It feels so close to working right, but still so far away.

Yes, I'm interested.

And to be honest, I'm shocked that this project wasn't started and polished far earlier. Drop shipping is crucial to a huge number of online stores! How can OSC not support it?

First you decide what you've got to do, and then you go out and do it.

Maybe the most that we can do is just see each other through it.

Ani Difranco

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just installed Multiple Individual Product Shipping Prices by Rick Wise (et. al)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2918

It works great except on the checkout confirmation page it does not show the shipping price even though it adds it in for the total. The shipping method displays, but there is no price by it.

Anyone have an idea on this? Same problem on the confirmation email. The total adds up, but the shipping price is not displayed and this may cause some confusion for customers.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

-- George Bernard Shaw

One more thing... How would I make one of the shipping methods appear as an option even if it was set to zero?

Thanks

Edited by yomama360

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

-- George Bernard Shaw

Never mind, solved both my problems.

Shipping not displaying:

Turned on modules/ordersTotal/shipping in the admin panel (silly me :blush: )

Module appear even if set to zero:

Set price to 0.0001 (won't stay if I add another decimal place)

Not a perfect solution because if somebody orders 50 or more of that item it rounds up to a penny.

-- George Bernard Shaw