• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom PC Creator 2.0 BETA released for OSC2.2MS2

It's mostly a user-supported contribution...I've actually found the most immediate response for techniques and solutions coming from other users. That's not to say that the contribution builder isn't supportive, it's just that he/they seems to be overwhelmed by the amount of questions.

Best bet is to read the entire string, and any other contribution-related string, to see if your question has already been answered...9 time out of 10 you're not the only one who has been looking for a particular fix.

but hey, that's just M2C

:wacko:

JD

Edited by Jordan_Dexter

"There is no such thing as failure....there is only quitting too soon." - Albert Sabin

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else having this problem.

When you login into your account you call surf the site find but when you go into the ccc page then click back out off it. It automatically logins you out.

Does anybody know how to fix this.

There is so little response given to this forum...but then I guess since the ccc is SOOO well built in the first place, it really doesn't need any itterative fixes or user testing before it's ready for everyone to use...

NOT!

Would the contribution builder(s) PLEASE keep-up with some sort of response for questions here, for *'s sake??? If you just can't take it anymore and don't want to support your contribution, just say so....then people won't expect answers for their questions.

arrrrgh!

:angry:

"There is no such thing as failure....there is only quitting too soon." - Albert Sabin

ok, two things. This is for Custom PC configurator, not ccc.

1. How do I add my products? give me steps please.

2. I want to get rid of the Extended warrenty and building fee and add a note box, where thay can add a special note that will go along with the order. Can anyone help me with that??

My site, http://www.bottlemeamessage.com/catalog/build.php

• 3 weeks later...

How to make a picture to the collected computer by default one, what would not get out on parameter $Tower?

As I have understood for it the file custom_checkout.php answers

file custom_checkout.php

$picture_query = tep_db_query('select products.products_image, products.products_id from products, products_description where products_description.products_id = products.products_id AND products_description.products_name ="' . $Tower . '"');

• 4 weeks later...

Simple question:

I only need to download this and follow the install file and that's all, right? I don't need anything else installed, right?

I was wondering if I needed the other mod (CCC) installed. This is a stand alone module, right?

anything else I should know?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

It didn't work for me but I fixed it:

FILE: custom_checkout.php

LINE: 138

had:

'language_id' => 1,

Should be:

'language_id' => $_SESSION['languages_id'],

So, if you have the site in anything but english and the cart keeps coming empty, this is why. The cart is looking for a custom PC with the english (1) language. Bye.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a diffrent kind of problem, i cant access the admin area for the "custom pc creator"

when i go there it tells me:

access denied or something like that

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem

can someone please help me ?! i'm helpless :blink: :(

I have a diffrent kind of problem, i cant access the admin area for the "custom pc creator"

when i go there it tells me:

access denied or something like that

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem

can someone please help me ?! i'm helpless :blink: :(

a have identical problem :(

This is really odd, but may help everyone who is confused. I find two related versions of this contribution: 1) Custom Computer Creator v9.3 (also referred to as "Reloaded" in an earlier post), and 2) Custom PC Creator 2.0 BETA.

From what I've gathered, #2 is the old one (and hard to install) while #1 is the new one which works well. A quick search brings up the following forum, but I had to search for the right words. http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71332&st=0

Hope this helps clear up some confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Custom PC Creator 2.0 is still in this forum. Don't mix up the two different PC Creators. It was really lame how some people posted here for Custom Computer Creator v9.x.

This is not the forum for Custom Computer Creator v9.x....

goto http://www.snjcomputers.com/forum/ for this mod.

Stay here for updates to v2.0

here is the v2.0

http://www.zonewave.com/catalog/build.php

Let see if we can keep this straight!!!

• 1 month later...

hi guys i have sevrel problems with the script

the first one is i have 2 kind of motherboard AMD & INTEL !

how do i make it will take from both catagories?

the second prob is like the first one...i got 3 proccesors AMD, INTEL, Celron (intel) and they are all sub catgories to Proccesors, i want to know how he can take all the info from those 3 proccesors...?

please help i'm hopeless...:(

• 2 weeks later...

When I go through checkout I get this when I click continue on the Payment Information Page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_status() in /home/h****/public_html/os/checkout_confirmation.php on line 53

Help Please! :(

:rolleyes: Hello,

Well reading here help me perfect. Every thing is working fine. But there is still a problem with the TAX.

In the rolldown menu's it still shows the price without TAX. We want to show it with TAX just as in the store where everyting is shown with TAX. Does someone know the answer for this problem.

Bert B)

compliment verry nice contribution. I think it is not hard to instal. :blush:

:thumbsup: Hello Fooks,

Well the Tax is fixed in the Cart the tax is calculated, The problem was in the Custon_checkout.php

$product_array = array('products_image' => $picture,
       'products_quantity' => 10,
       'products_weight' => 30,
       'products_tax_class_id' => 4,
       'products_status' => 1,
       'products_model' => "Custom",
       'products_price' => $Total
       );

The tax ID was set on ID1 while the tax rate fore the products was set on 4. I changed it to 4 and hopla it works.

Now i want to see the price inc tax in the dropdown menu. Some can help me with that ?

Greetings Bert

• 1 month later...

I have Custom PC Creator v2.0.2 BETA installed and it works fabulous.

But there are a few things that I need to have modified and really need help. Plus I think that I found a bug or some sort of problem. See below...

Problems:

1) New created items are showing up as New Products in the New Products box and by viewing the New Products listing link when someone is finished building an item. It does not matter if checkout was completed or if they even add the item to their shopping cart. Is there any way to fix this?

2) Shipping Tare Weight is getting added to the cart, even when shipping is set to 0 in custom_checkout.php (ie: 'products_weight' => 0,). Can this be stopped?

3) Order e-mails do not show the chosen options. How can I get the chosen options to be displayed in the order e-mails. This way, a customer will have a printout of what they ordered and it saved the Admin from having to go into the Admin/Customers/Orders to look it up manually.

4) Still need to modify this mod to be compatable with the Order Edit mod. Has anyone done this yet?

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Jonathan,

first of all: Good work, I have been looking for something like that for a long time. Unfortunately I have a problem with the custom pc creator and I wonder if you could help me:

The contribution works fine so far except that the shopping cart does not show anything but the price, not even something like "Custom PC" or whatever.

Secondly, when I go through the ordering procedure, the Product just disappears so I cannot check out.

I had a clean installation of OS Commerce and have installed the latest version of the contribution. Could it probably have something to do with the fact that it's run in German?

Any help will be appreciated. If you want to test it yourself, I give you the link and the login data to order so that you needn't create a new customer account. I will delete your order afterwards. email: [email protected] pw testtest

Thanks in advance

Borkahrd

Problem solved, it was the problem with the standard language settings.

But one other thing: When someone orders a custom PC, how does the seller know what items have been ordered? When I look up my orders in the admin area, there is only "Custom PC" and the price. In addition to that, the buyer gets a copy of his order by email, but there the components are not listed either.

Please help anyone!!

Greetz,

Boorkhard

hi,

the prices appear as undefined on the custom PC builder.

Here is what I mean:

custom pc builder

www.infowin.gr/build.php

can you please help.

Thanks

Hi krentzis,

when I enter your pc builder, everything works fine. Are you probably using Mozilla or Firefox? My Shop also only works with Internet explorer...

Boorkhard

Problem solved, it was the problem with the standard language settings.

I am havingh the same problems. Exactly what did you alter. I have everything set up to UK, but still everything didapears when i co to checkout, and i get returned to ther front page.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP