• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom PC Creator 2.0 BETA released for OSC2.2MS2

I get this error after a install, any ideas on this one, it works fine, except when i try to access the admin area to configure it

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the permissions (and the owner) of the files you uploaded into admin. The error you are quoting seems to be an error given by the server and not one given by either Oscommerce or PHP.

My understanding is that there may be a problem with some of the java when using browser other than IE, this may be part of the problem. Unfortunately my php, java knowledge is very limited. Hopefully the new version of CCC will address these issues.

newbie question

i have add several products ex. motherboards in my shop

but under the motherboard drop down of the plugin they dont show up

are there any extra steps required so they will show up there?

Are any of your motherboards showing up?

If yes then check to make sure that the status is set active and that the status is also set.

If no, have you modified the category number in admin?

my dear friend thx for the prompt reply

yes the items are showing up

and yes i have checked ( with my limited mysql knowledge) the id of the motherboard is 21 and i have set it in the admin a 21 as well

:|

my dear friend i found what the problem was

100% my mistake i should've read the whole thread more carefully

my motherboards were in subcategories

i inserted an item in the root instead in a sub and it worked ok

i hope i a future relase there is support for subcategories

excellent contribution

ps: if anyone here managed to solve this probem of subcategories it would be highly appreciated

thank you

Would it be possible to make it so you can enter multible numbers in the categories.

Also I get a large gap of blank lines when you select the item(s) you want. When you select an item a drop list comes up with my products located about 10 blank lines down?

i hope i a future relase there is support for subcategories

It does, your need only modify the category id to the sub category field, it will however not draw products from multiple sub categories for a single drop down list.

Also I get a large gap of blank lines when you select the item(s) you want. When you select an item a drop list comes up with my products located about 10 blank lines down?

Do you have any products with no name in these categories? I can't think of any other reason for this.

well in the new release (as far as the products go) no more editing category numbers to get the products, now you just add the products to the custom computer db tables, that way if you don't stock something but can get it or whatever, so that's one of the good things coming with this. Any editing of any files will be minimal with the new release of Custom Computer Creator, any idea can be posted and i will try to add them, i only have a few more days i think until i will be contributing CCC, but let me know about any ideas or suggestions, and i will try to work on them.

One thing i found is that. once you finish building your customer PC. All it does is to add it to the cart. I mean Some people is dumb. on how to check out or if it have been added or not you know. So I would suggest once someone create the customer PC. it bring them to the checkout. and process with the checkout and fill out the username and password or login as a new user..

Also I don't want them to buy extra warranty and don't want to let them pay for the building cost.

Also it would be nice that all prices are shown including VAT and that in the scroll menu the products show the prices behind

like:

256 MB (EUR 50)

512 MB (EUR 120)

It will work for me

:)

Also I don't want them to buy extra warranty and don't want to let them pay for the building cost.

Also it would be nice that all prices are shown including VAT and that in the scroll menu the products show the prices behind

like:

256 MB (EUR 50)

512 MB (EUR 120)

It will work for me

:)

as far as this part goes, wether the price is shown with or without vat included is controlled by your cart, not the custom computer creator if you have your site set up to show vat then the ccc should as well

well in the new custom computer creator there isn't a worry about sub-directories because you add the products to the creator not the directories, its a little more work at the beginning but saves alot of trouble later, and btw i am just about done with Custom Computer Creator just have to get the error recording finished and it will be contributed.

I got it working too now without errors, but it doesn't show any products anymore.

Only shipping costs.

Because it doesn't show any errors anymore, I don't know how to got further in getting it working. I am stuck here, please help me.

Try it out here, this is a live store btw. So don't order anything, tough I only ship in my own country anyway. :

ESComputers Custom's PC Creator

Ohw and btw, I don't get a link/url to click on in my infobox on the main page of my shop. Maybe this also could be the reason why it isn't working 100% yet.

I got it working too now without errors, but it doesn't show any products anymore.

Only shipping costs.

Because it doesn't show any errors anymore, I don't know how to got further in getting it working. I am stuck here, please help me.

Try it out here, this is a live store btw. So don't order anything, tough I only ship in my own country anyway. :

ESComputers Custom's PC Creator

Ohw and btw, I don't get a link/url to click on in my infobox on the main page of my shop. Maybe this also could be the reason why it isn't working 100% yet.