• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom PC Creator 2.0 BETA released for OSC2.2MS2

Custom PC Creator 2.0 is an update to Custom PC Creator by kjun and is intended to resolve some lingering

problems with the previous version and update the code to OSC2.2MS2.

Custom PC Creator allows your customers to create customized computers and add them to their shopping cart using products within the various categories that you choose from your store.

New Features:

1. The code will now work with OSC2.2ms2 as a drop-in without need for additional rewrite.

2. Since taxes vary so substantially from state to state, country to country this contribution will

no longer calculate taxes, they are instead left to the checkout process.

3. Items disabled in the catalog section of the admin(red light instead of green light) will no longer

be displayed in the drop down menus.

4. Drop down menu order is now controlled by the ccc_id field for each category, so you now have

control(sorry not in the admin).

5. I hope the install instruction are easier now since they are combined into one(this) file.

This contribution is beta status as it has not been fully tested, it is however in my environment fully functional.

Please go easy on me since this my first attempt at a contribution update.

I'll do my best to provide help in this forum.

See http://www.fastlanecomputers.ca/build.php for a live example.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have corrected the first problem you described and uploaded a new file to the contributions section. Thank you for mentioning as I thought I had cleaned these file fully, I did in fact miss 2(custom_checkout.php, and build.php).

Regarding your second question, in the shopping cart and in the emails that are sent to the customer it will show up as only "'1 x custom build PC'".

However if you have made all the appropriate change to, orders.php, invoice.php, packingslip.php.. in admin and the various files in catalog, you should see the details in there.

The details will also show up in the order confirmation screen on checkout. Your customer can also click on the custom computer in their cart to see the details before that checkout.

This is what I get in orders.php, within admin:

orders.jpg

hi

first the contibution ist very fine but i hafe problems

bild.jpg

i seen the Producs in the Puldown Menus twice.

when a customer orders a system using this the sales order simply says '1 x custom build PC'. It does not list which components were chosen.

a have a Clean install of OSC an i have copy all the files in the dir?s von your Contribution.

Sorry but my english are vary bad ;)

Ok, this is totally my error, to correct this problem go to line 80 in

/catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php and alter the line to read:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($order_id) . "'");

This will fix the problem, I have updated the contribution.

i seen the Producs in the Puldown Menus twice.

This is a problem with the original code going back to the custom computer creator Contribution which this originated from. Apparently it relates to having more than one language in your store. Unfortunately fixing this has been beyond my PHP skills.

My understanding though is that the original author has been rewriting his version to correct many of these things, hopefully once done there will be a version which works on OCS2.2MS2 by an author better able to support the contribution than I.

I have received several invalid orders please keep in mind that www.fastlanecomputers.ca is a live store, completed orders are considered to be a commitment on the part of the purchaser.

That fixed the problem, thanks. On our site we have separate catagories for cpu's, motherboards(i.e. AMD & Intel). Is there a way to have this select from multiple categories or can you explain how to change it to allow two instances of this to be installed - one each for AMD and Intel.

Good Mornig

Sorry but that not resolve the Problem for me. I have replace the Order.php but the Problem is the same.

for the twice Products in the Pulldown Menus, i have deletet the englisch Language and it works fine.

Have your modified /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_tax.php?

If not you may want to check the modifications you have made to the other files in catalog, as I can not duplicate this problem.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry but i am a Idiot :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The Failure are the Language ID in the custom_checkout.php are there ID1 but i not have English Language only German ID2 thas its all

Thanks for your Help

That fixed the problem, thanks. On our site we have separate catagories for cpu's, motherboards(i.e. AMD & Intel). Is there a way to have this select from multiple categories or can you explain how to change it to allow two instances of this to be installed - one each for AMD and Intel.

Sorry I missed this question...

To do this you would need to make duplicate copies of each of the added files (build.php, java.php, custom_checkout.php, and custom_computer.php.) in catalog (probably not necessary for the files in admin) and change the copies so that they refer to the new files not the original( probably you can do a replace all in each of these files ), you would have to create a second table in your database the same as ccc but with the categories your want in the second custom computer path. You would then alter the references from the ccc table in the new files to the new table you have created. Hope that helps.

hi this is a silly question :oops: - but im new to php & have just installed this mod & am configuring things. How do i change the currency from $ to my local currency which is ?. Ive set my default currency to ? which is fine for the rest of the site, but when i goto the custom pc page all drop downs are in $.

Thanks for your help

Hi i dont think i explained my problem correctly in my last post, in the attached picture you can see the $ next to each component price, but the only currency on my whole site is ?. How to i change the $ to a ? ? Also cant wait for the update looks top!

Image1.jpg

well this isn't my version of the contribution, but if they didn't change much it should be in the build.php where you see tep_draw_input_field in the body portion, that is if they haven't changed much about mine.

new version looks great can't wait to give it a spin...

well this isn't my version of the contribution, but if they didn't change much it should be in the build.php where you see tep_draw_input_field in the body portion, that is if they haven't changed much about mine.

Wahey managed to get it to work, i wasnt sure which file needed to be amended - it was the build.php changed the following

<center><b>$</b><input type="text" name="pricing4a" value="60.00" size="7" READONLY></center>

to

<center><b>?</b><input type="text" name="pricing4a" value="60.00" size="7" READONLY></center>

:D

Just an idea for whoever is making the new update, i noticed on this site

http://www.carrerassc.co.uk/system.asp?systemvar=a that if you select a preconfigured pc you can select the "configure this sytem" button and it will load the custom build page with all the hardware ready loaded in the hardware menus for that particular pc :shock: Any chance of including somethink like that in the update ?