osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Update: Human confirmation v1.1

Bansai

Just an other update ...

Small changes in:

catalog/includes/human_confirmation.php

No need to update, but it makes youre live easier :wink:

I found that it is difficult to test and change the numberimages.

Every time i change the images and have imagesizes other then befor i must also change the variables in "human_confirmation.php" too.

So i make a update that self-detect the size of the images.

Hope that helps testing a Shop.

Bansai!

Yip yip yip yip yap yap yip *BANG* --- NO TERRIER

• 2 months later...

I installed this contribution on my test page and I am not having any luck. I have rechecked all the code changes, and it is consistent with the instructions. I changed the permissions on the image folder to 775, and I still keep getting the error message:

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open 'images/number_pics/_confirmpic807540.jpg' for writing in /home/admin/domains/phulbari.com/public_html/includes/human_confirmation.php on line 68

Has anyone seen this problem? I also noticed that if I refresh the page, the human confirmation box is not presented. Why is this?

Please help!

Rajeev

your source for custom hand-knotted rugs from Nepal.

A part of family of companies.

I have just installed this mod and am receiving the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreate() in /home/ukhealth/public_html/catalog/includes/human_confirmation.php on line 77

I have check the install details and everything is correct! Is this possibly a problem with my server config?

If anyone can help...I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

1. Sorry Guys, i was off for some time ...

2. @rejeevk

That error is a permission problem. Not only you must have the permissin to write - also GD-Lib must have ! Test it with CHMOD 777 and maybe you can restrict the access to a serverside access ( w/ .htaccess)

3. @stevec0023

You dont have GD-Lib installed on your Server (or a wrong version) Sorry the Contrib dont work without GD-Lib !

Bye and Bansai!

Yip yip yip yip yap yap yip *BANG* --- NO TERRIER

I have just installed this mod and am receiving the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreate() in /home/ukhealth/public_html/catalog/includes/human_confirmation.php on line 77

I have check the install details and everything is correct! Is this possibly a problem with my server config?

If anyone can help...I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Try changing the function imagecreate() to @imagecreate(). That should fix it.

Good luck! Please let us know if this solution worked for you.

I changed the security on the folder to 777, and now I can see the image. However, when I hit the refresh button, the "Human Confirmation" box is not presented. Any idea why?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Can anyone help me to fix this?

Im trying to get the:

Human confirmation V 1.0

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1476

to work with latest CVS (031208) but i only get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _session_is_registered() in /home/n/nysite/www/shop/create_account.php on line 508

line 508 is:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('noautamationcode')) tep_session_register('noautamationcode');
 include('includes/human_confirmation.php');
 tep_session_close('noautamationcode');

i know that tep_session are going to be removed but how do i fix this?

Please post the fixez in the code that i have to do.

BIG THANKS IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME!

================================================================================
==================
1. -> find: ( ~ line 18-20 )
================================================================================
==================

$process = false;
if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['action'] == 'process')) {
  $process = true;

==================
change to ->
==================

$process = false;

// BOF // Contrib: Human confirmation v1

$thecode_okay = false;
$process_okay = false;
$noautomationcode = $HTTP_SESSION_VARS["noautamationcode"];

// -> v1.1 // Changed to work w/ random image names
$img_dir  = $HTTP_SESSION_VARS["noautamationdir"];
$img_name = $HTTP_SESSION_VARS["noautamationname"];
// Find and delete old images
if (strlen($img_name) >= 6) {
  $dirHandle = dir($img_dir);
  while($fileHandle = $dirHandle->read()) {
    if (substr($fileHandle,0,strlen($img_name)) == $img_name)
      @unlink($img_dir.$fileHandle);
  }
  $dirHandle->close();
}
// <- v1.1 // Changed to work w/ random image names

$thecode_okay = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['thecode']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['thecode'] == $noautomationcode ));
$process_okay = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['action'])  && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['action'] == 'process'));
if ( ($process_okay == true) && ($thecode_okay == true) ) {

// EOF // Contrib: Human confirmation v1

$process = true;

==================
2. -> find: ( ~ line 476-490 )
==================

<tr>
      <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
        <tr class="infoBoxContents">
          <td><table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
            <tr>
              <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_NEWSLETTER; ?></td>
              <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('newsletter', '1') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
            </tr>
          </table></td>
        </tr>
      </table></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
    </tr>

==================
change to ->
==================

<tr>
      <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
        <tr class="infoBoxContents">
          <td><table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
            <tr>
              <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_NEWSLETTER; ?></td>
              <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('newsletter', '1') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
            </tr>
          </table></td>
        </tr>
      </table></td>
    </tr>

<?PHP
// BOF // Contrib: Human confirmation v1

if (!tep_session_is_registered('noautamationcode')) tep_session_register('noautamationcode');
 include('includes/human_confirmation.php');
 tep_session_close('noautamationcode');

// EOF // Contrib: Human confirmation v1
?>

<tr>
      <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
    </tr>

==================

RGDS Phiberz

• 3 months later...

Hi,

The script seems to work for me, the only thing is that I don't seem to get any warning messages when I create a new account and I don't fill in the required numbers. But it does prevent the script from being processed.

Could someone explain how I would do this. I'm pretty sure I need to do something like:

Create_account.php

$messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_HUMANCHECK_ERROR);

I've tried using this below in the human_confirmation.php in english, but I still don't recieve any warnings that the numbers were not entered

define('ENTRY_HUMANCHECK_ERROR', 'You need to type in the security numbers shown');

• 1 month later...

phiberz, I don't know if you've solved this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_session_is_registered()in /home/n/nysite/www/shop/create_account.php on line 508

I was able to solve the same problem by adding this line:

require('includes/functions/sessions.php');

near the beginning of create_account.php

My web hosting provider has GB-Lib 2.0.15 installed/enabled.....followed the steps provided in the contribution but now, I get the following error on the account registration page:

Fatal error: session_register(): Failed to initialize storage module. in /home/cbadmin/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 74

Please advise what went wrong?

My web hosting provider has GB-Lib 2.0.15 installed/enabled.....followed the steps provided in the contribution but now, I get the following error on the account registration page:

Fatal error: session_register(): Failed to initialize storage module. in /home/cbadmin/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 74

• 3 months later...

how can i set up GB Lib i keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreate() in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\catalog\includes\human_confirmation.php on line 77

Did you try? Did you fail? No matter! Try again. Fail again! But fail better!

• 5 months later...

Great contribution, thanks!

I had to move the folder containing the number images out of /images/ and place it off of the Root folder. And I had to also change the settings to 777 to get it to work. Is this OK? I think it is.

• 1 year later...

I seem to have the same error.

Fatal error: session_register(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /tmp) in [...]

I checked this forum for solutions yet neither of them worked.

I changed my sessions configuration as recoomended by jcall here

and the message changed to Fatal error: session_register(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /tmp2) in [...]

Any ideas as to the solution of the problem ?

Looking forward to helpful posts :-)

Nala

• 2 weeks later...

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open 'images/number_pics/_confirmpic807540.jpg' for writing in /home/admin/domains/phulbari.com/public_html/includes/human_confirmation.php on line 68

to solve this you have to add a php.ini file to the server and write:

safe_mode=0

:D