[contribution] CategoryBoxEnhancement_v1.0 for 2.2 MS2

Nils P.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on this.

How can i just change the top lvl categories name font and keep the sub categories no change?

I need help!!

If i just put <font size=....></font> when i insert the categories in the admin console, the picture will not be dispalyed because the pictures' name should be exacly same as the categories.

how can i just change the top lvl font?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi nils,

I have installed the shopping cart enhancements1.2 and have encountered some problems,

first of, im pretty sure that i have made the correct changes to the files described in the nice install file.

but when i wanted to activate free shipping, i could not find it, i figured that i was missing the tables in my database and added them to the database

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES("489", "Allow Free Shipping", "MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING", "true", "Do you want to allow free shipping?", "7", "6", "2003-11-19 22:05:02", "2003-07-17 10:29:22", NULL, "tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),");
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES("490", "Free Shipping For Orders Over", "MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER", "5000", "Provide free shipping for orders over the set amount.", "7", "7", "2003-12-31 15:14:15", "2003-07-17 10:29:22", "currencies->format", NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES("491", "Provide Free Shipping For Orders Made", "MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_DESTINATION", "national", "Provide free shipping for orders sent to the set destination.", "7", "8", NULL, "2003-07-17 10:29:22", NULL, "tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'national\', \'international\', \'both\'),");

but nothing but the button appears in the cart.

any suggestions ?

Sorry, i have figures out the problem, and its working like a dream

Hi nils,

I have installed the shopping cart enhancements1.2 and have encountered some problems,

first of, im pretty sure that i have made the correct changes to the files described in the nice install file.

but when i wanted to activate free shipping, i could not find it, i figured that i was missing the tables in my database and added them to the database

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES("489", "Allow Free Shipping", "MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING", "true", "Do you want to allow free shipping?", "7", "6", "2003-11-19 22:05:02", "2003-07-17 10:29:22", NULL, "tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),");
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES("490", "Free Shipping For Orders Over", "MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER", "5000", "Provide free shipping for orders over the set amount.", "7", "7", "2003-12-31 15:14:15", "2003-07-17 10:29:22", "currencies->format", NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES("491", "Provide Free Shipping For Orders Made", "MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_DESTINATION", "national", "Provide free shipping for orders sent to the set destination.", "7", "8", NULL, "2003-07-17 10:29:22", NULL, "tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'national\', \'international\', \'both\'),");

but nothing but the button appears in the cart.

any suggestions ?

• 1 month later...

I have installed this mod and it seems to work great, but I am went in to do your patch (adding the line to cache.php) and I have found I dont have a chache.php?

Granted, I went in and apparently dind't have caching turned on, but now I do, and it is still not there?

Am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi (me again), I had a question.

Would it be possible to change the image to something special to indicate the catagory you are presently in?

Somewhere like the errorspan css change, but have it effect the picture?

I started off wanting to add a padding-left: 5px; to have the item indent more, but that left the arrow image un indented, so i tried

then I got the idea of wouldn't it be cool to have a little animated gif that made the arrow kinda "pulse" at the current catagory?

I made the arrow that pulses, but have no idea how to make it work in your code. How hard would this be to do?

I really ought to sleep more before posting in this place, people are going to laugh when they find out my first language is english and i butcher it so miserably.

what I meant to say was I tried both margin and padding int the .css, and both of these left the arrow in it's original position and indented the words.

oh and the arrow doesn't really "pulse", it more "scrolls". :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I have installed this contribution, and it is successfully working (big thanks to Nils Petersson).

But, in common with some other people who posted here last year, I am trying to display all of the sub-categories automatically, not just when the user clicks on the parent category. I'm looking at categories.php but my php is fairly limited, and so far I haven't been able to do it.

Has anyone sussed this out? Or is there another contribution I should be looking at? No other contributions that I can find seem to provide this, at least, not without javascript which I don't want.

Hope someone can help! Even just a pointer in the right direction...

- Rebelina

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nils,

Thanks a lot for a great contribution, I installed it and it is working fine. (on Chocolaterie Durig

I have added two links for product pages (which are not in the normal categorys) at the end of the category box but they don't highlight as the rest of the links do, can you tell me how to get them to highlight aswell?

The code with the two links is shown below,

tep_show_category($first_element);

$categories_string .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CORPORATE_GIFTS) . '">' .tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pointer_blue.gif', '') . CORPORATE_GIFTS_LINK . "</a>";

$categories_string .= '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS) . '">' .tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pointer_blue.gif', '') . ALL_PRODUCTS_LINK . "</a>\n";

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $categories_string);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- categories_eof //-->

Hope you can help me out, thanks a lot

Hasmik

• 1 month later...

No one has posted here in forever- but it's worth a try.

I have the category box enhancement installed on my site and it works great.

One thing I didn't like was on the main page (when just showing cats and no subcats) the cats WITH sub cats had the arrow looking different than the others- it kind of threw things off.

so I changed this original-

$categories_string .= tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">';

? ?if (tep_has_category_subcategories($counter)) {
? ? ?$categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pointer_blue.gif', '');
? ?}
? ?else {
? ? ?$categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pointer_blue_light.gif', '');

? ?}

to this:

$categories_string .= tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">';

? ?if (tep_has_category_subcategories($counter)) {
? ?}
? ?else {

? ?}

My question is this-

Does anyone know what code I can enter to get JUST the actual subcats displaying with the different arrow? When I changed the else statement it not only stopped the cats without subs to the solid arrow- but the actual subcats as well...

I played around with the code a little and apparently I'm an idiot because I can't figure it out!

my site is here is anyone wants to look at what the heck i'm talking about..

http://mylipstuff.netfirms.com/retailstore...talog/index.php

Thanks a lot!

Edited by breamillman

Thank you- I installed the fix--

But I think that just handles the highlighting... not the pointer image.

It is originally set to have the pointer_blue for categories that contain subcategories. And pointer_blue_light for categories that do NOT have subcats.

Before clicking to reveal any subcats it shows the 2 different arrows (pointers). It looks weird and customers probably think why is that arrow different??

So I changed it so that all the arrows (pointers) for ALL the categories (despite the presence of subcats or not) showed the pointer_blue.

What I would like is for once a cat is clicked- and the subcats are shown- the subcats show the pointer_blue_light while all the cats still show the pointer_blue.

I have to come up with a few lines of code to reference the subcats directly- however to do that is beyond my php abilities. So far everything i've done has created errors or no effect...

I tried

if (tep_has_subcategories($counter)) {
? ? $categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pointer_blue_light.gif', '');

and

else {
? ? $subcategories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pointer_blue_light.gif', '');

hahaha-- but none of that worked..

:-"

One would think it would be set up to do it this way in the first place- as it's really not necessary to define which cat has subcats in the main menu-- they are all going to have some type of product in there-- and the reason for the difference is not known by the customer- so really it just messes with the overall neatness of the design.

Edited by breamillman

Hi Nils,

Thanks a lot for a great contribution, I installed it and it is working fine.

I have added two links for product pages (which are not in the normal categorys) at the end of the category box but they don't highlight as the rest of the links do, can you tell me how to get them to highlight aswell?

The solution for that would make my categories area perfect!

• 1 month later...

I have only just discovered osCommerce and have a limited knowledge of php but am slowly learning, having installed a few minor mods to my store, and a few which frustratingly didn't work.

I have sucessfully setup CategoryBoxEnhancement_v1.1 and am happy with it as I had always hoped to have just this design, having seen similar at http://coolpc.com.au . The only thing that I don't personally like is the drop down catagory box.

I have hacked away at the code in catagories.php a little but can't seem to figure out exactly what I need to do. Can somone please point me in the right direction.

I am new here as well. Just a few questions before i get into using images in the catergory box. Can i delete the words that go after the image and have that be the link for the partiular section? Once a section is chosen, and the subcategories appear that pertain the chosen section, can i make those images as well? Im trying make the entire catergory box a set of images.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello everyone,

I so like the look of this menu. And I'd love to be using it... I've installed the most recent full version as instructed, and yet the new menu does not show up at all (ie. my old categories box looks unchanged.) I've refreshed and no difference. What am I missing??

I'm a simple person, and not stupid, but I really need help here!

all the best,

Kaisa

• 9 months later...

Hi

I have been using "Category Box Enhancement" for a year now. My webprovider has just updated the server to ... 5.0 ... or something and now the contrib doesn't work! When you click on a menu item you get:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '4' and p2c.categories_id = '39'

[TEP STOP]

Does anybody know why, or have some kind of update tip?

Please

Helle :-(