• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution Update] Individual Shipping Price v 2.0 MS 2.2

Farrukh

Just and addition to my previous post. after some thinking would anyone know how configure the code of indvidual shipping to say that it should use the highest first product shipping rate and then the second shipping rate for all other products...

so if Product A is 2.00 (first shipping rate) and 1.00 (second shipping rate)

and

Product B is 1.00 (first shipping rate) and 0.50 (second shipping rate)

SO if i buy 1 product A and 1 Product B

my shipping to say that Product A has the highest first rate and so it must use that and then the second rate for the other product

SO it will look like 2.00 (product A first shipping) + 0.50 (Product B second shipping rate)

Adding to that if

Product C is 5.00 (first shipping rate) and 3.00 ( second shipping rate) then the calculation should be if i bought 1 product C , 2 product A's and 1 product B

shipping should be Product C first as it is the highest = 5.00

then Product A's second rate ( 1.00 x 2 ) = 2.00

and then Product B = 0.50

SO the total shipping would be = 7.50

The calculation counts the higest first product only.

this is the code to which i would like to adjust:

// mod indvship 
  $this->shiptotal += ($products_ship_price);
  if ($qty > 1) { 
  $this->shiptotal += ($products_ship_price_two * ($qty-1)); 
  } 
              // end indvship

Hope anyone can assist me..

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I installed this mod and I m having problems

I have these fields now:

Indv. Shipping Price:

Each Additional Price:

Products Price (Gross):

But I keep getting $0.00 for Products Price (Gross) when I put in values for Indv. Shipping Price and Each Additional Price

What I am doing wrong

Hi Dottie,

Your problem could be that you do not have the shipping field in all the required places. Make sure you have the defined the field where it should be.

eg make sure that products_ship_price is in all the correct places,

because i had the problem awhile ago. when it's not writting to the database..

good luck

• 1 month later...

Can this contib be used to add Free Shipping to some specific products only?

How does one do so? I mean, ideally would be that if the user select a free shipping product no charge is done, but if he adds another non free shipping product that shipping should be calculated by UPS server...

Help..

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed Individual shipping and it works well. I am wondering how I could add shipping of one object that requires say FedEx or UPS with another item that uses individual shipping price.

Example:

cost of shipping item 1 fed x is $2.00

cost of shipping item 2 Indidual shipping is $50

Total cost of shipping for order should equal $52, not $50 or $2 which is what is showing up.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

Edited by ladymindy

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody,

First off I want to say I LOVE the contribution and it has really helped me out, but...

I am having problems with the contribution. I installed it and it calculates and includes shipping perfectly, but for some reason after I add the individual shipping price into a product, after I save it and reopen it there is no price there in the textbox. It is recording it though in a sense that the shopping cart knows what amount to charge the customer for shipping when they purchase that product, but the textbox remains blank.

The main problem is that if I reopen a product and make a different change to it (i.e. update a picture) and not enter the shipping charge AGAIN, it will assume shipping is $0 since it is blank and will overwrite the old price. I'm sure I missed a line in modifying my two files, categories.php and shopping_cart.php, but I was hoping someone can tell me where I should look.

Thanks!

Edited by SHANX6336

I just noticed something that I believe to be related to the contribution. Originally, my osCommerce product page would show 0 for weight when I do not enter any value for weight when adding or editing a product. Now, just like the individual shipping field, there is no value in the textbox.

Anybody have similar experience or believe they can help me out? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great contribution.

I do have one problem though. When this module is enabled, none of the other shipping modules show up during checkout. I tried to read through every page of this thread, but didn't find any answers to this issue.

I'd like to have an in store pickup shipping module available for my customers without charging them any shipping. There is such a module, which I've installed and works great, but the problem (as stated above) is that when individual shipping module is enabled, all other modules don't show up in the checkout process.

Is there a quick fix for this? Any answer would be highly appreciated.

Gary

Hey everybody,

First off I want to say I LOVE the contribution and it has really helped me out, but...

I am having problems with the contribution. I installed it and it calculates and includes shipping perfectly, but for some reason after I add the individual shipping price into a product, after I save it and reopen it there is no price there in the textbox. It is recording it though in a sense that the shopping cart knows what amount to charge the customer for shipping when they purchase that product, but the textbox remains blank.

The main problem is that if I reopen a product and make a different change to it (i.e. update a picture) and not enter the shipping charge AGAIN, it will assume shipping is $0 since it is blank and will overwrite the old price. I'm sure I missed a line in modifying my two files, categories.php and shopping_cart.php, but I was hoping someone can tell me where I should look.

Thanks!

I'm new to this, so take this with a grain of salt. I had a similar problem where the shipping amounts would not save after I updated the products, but it turned out to be because I didn't create the tables in the database. You'll have to go to phpmyadmin or something to edit your database file by running the query in the instructions for this mod. That took care of that problem. Good luck.

Now about my problem...

I need to be able to use this mod with other shipping modules. I need to be able to offer both individual shipping and free shipping (for local pickups). The problem is that when this mod is enabled, it doesn't allow others to be used. Is there a quick fix for this, or am I stuck?

I would really appreciate any replies. My shopping cart is ready to go online, but I need to fix this little problem before doing so.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Edited by potikyan

I'm new to this, so take this with a grain of salt. I had a similar problem where the shipping amounts would not save after I updated the products, but it turned out to be because I didn't create the tables in the database. You'll have to go to phpmyadmin or something to edit your database file by running the query in the instructions for this mod. That took care of that problem. Good luck.

Thank you for the reply Gary! The strange thing is that the cart is recording the data, because if I update the shipping price and try to purchase that product, it is giving me the proper individual shipping price during checkout. For some reason, the textbox is not remembering what data is entered for that specific field any time I go back to edit the product again. I'm sure it has something to do with my database.

As for your problem, I wish I could help you out but I can't. I am just getting around to working with this contribution and I don't think I will be attempting to add any additional shipping options for some time. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me out with this.

I just downloaded and installed Individual Product Shipping Prices v3.1. I have not installed the "Additional Shipping Prices" elements, because it doesn't seem important to my site. I was really looking forward to this feature, which is described in the v2.0 description:

At checkout_shipping.php page, only Individual Shipping Module will be visible and available. And if the Individual Price is not set for a product. You will get other Shipping Modules which you might be running besides Individual Shipping Mod.

I installed all of the files included in the set (copy-pasting "indvship"-commented code when files already existed), and followed all of the instructions in included Read Me (but not for the "additional shipping prices".

Everything seems to be running fine, except that at checking_shipping.php, I still have my other shipping options. Some of my products will be drop-shipped from their manufacturers, so limiting shipping options is necessary on those.

What do I need to do to fix this? I'll appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Sarah

First you decide what you've got to do, and then you go out and do it.

Maybe the most that we can do is just see each other through it.

Ani Difranco

P.S. I'm assuming that v3.1 is based on v2.0 and has all the same features, since Farrukh posted both. If I'm wrong on that, please tell me!

First you decide what you've got to do, and then you go out and do it.

Maybe the most that we can do is just see each other through it.

Ani Difranco

I WANT THIS TOO!!! ANYONE DONE THIS YET???

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Just and addition to my previous post. after some thinking would anyone know how configure the code of indvidual shipping to say that it should use the highest first product shipping rate and then the second shipping rate for all other products...

so if Product A is 2.00 (first shipping rate) and 1.00 (second shipping rate)

and

Product B is 1.00 (first shipping rate) and 0.50 (second shipping rate)

SO if i buy 1 product A and 1 Product B

my shipping to say that Product A has the highest first rate and so it must use that and then the second rate for the other product

SO it will look like 2.00 (product A first shipping) + 0.50 (Product B second shipping rate)

Adding to that if

Product C is 5.00 (first shipping rate) and 3.00 ( second shipping rate) then the calculation should be if i bought 1 product C , 2 product A's and 1 product B

shipping should be Product C first as it is the highest = 5.00

then Product A's second rate ( 1.00 x 2 ) = 2.00

and then Product B = 0.50

SO the total shipping would be = 7.50

The calculation counts the higest first product only.

this is the code to which i would like to adjust:

CODE

// mod indvship

$this->shiptotal += ($products_ship_price);

if ($qty > 1) {

$this->shiptotal += ($products_ship_price_two * ($qty-1));

}

// end indvship

Hope anyone can assist me..

Edited by memorylaneplates

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm.. after reading everything and downloading the contrib today, it seems as if the included admin/categories.php is installed it doesnt allow the price to be entered and saved into the db. if you add the price to the db via sqlAdmin it shows the price whe customer checks out and in the admin, but when you try and change or add it via the osc admin... doesnt work!

• 5 weeks later...

Although I've been working with PHP/MySQL for years, I'm a newbie to osCommerce so _please_ forgive me if my question regarding this module is really simplistic. I've read through the entire thread, and this doesn't seem to have been answered.

I am putting together a store where I want product groups to have seperate shipping charges. That is, for Widgets (any widget, whether round, square, or pointed, each of which are seperate items) I want the shipping rate to be, say, $1 for the first, $0.75 for each additional. For WingDings, the shipping price might be $2 for the first, and $1.25 for each additional.

What I'm not clear on is whether this module will give me that; will this module cross items for using the additional shipping rates? (Item WID_001 and WID_002 are in the cart; shipping should total $1.75.)

My thanks for your indulgance.

• 2 weeks later...

HELLLLPPPPP!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have tried a dozen ways to get this contribution to work - I have followed the directions exactly although some of the directions do not match exactly what is in the actual code.

I have 2 questions:

1) am I correct in thinking we only need to alter and load the following files:

shopping_cart.php

categories.php

2) Can someone please send me the completed files so I can load them ASAP to get my site up and also find out if I am doing anything wrong?

Thank you very much

BUMP

Can someone please help out with this?

HELLLLPPPPP!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I have tried a dozen ways to get this contribution to work - I have followed the directions exactly although some of the directions do not match exactly what is in the actual code.

I have 2 questions:

1) am I correct in thinking we only need to alter and load the following files:

shopping_cart.php

categories.php

2) Can someone please send me the completed files so I can load them ASAP to get my site up and also find out if I am doing anything wrong?

Thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Need some help with this excellen contribution:

followed carefully all the threads, and still can't find the code for adding shipping two correctly.

Let's say I have a flat rate of $5 for all items, and only one item (a poster) with individual price of $3.

When buying an item+ a poster I should get $8, but all I get is the individual price of 3$, no matter how many items I purchase.

This is the code that calculates the total shipping. anyone???

// first mod ok ?$this->shiptotal += ($products_ship_price * $qty); 

?$this->shiptotal += ($products_ship_price); 

? ?if ($qty > 1) { 

? ? if ($products_ship_price_two > 0) { 

? ?$this->shiptotal += ($products_ship_price_two * ($qty-1)); 

? ?} else { 

? ? $this->shiptotal += ($products_ship_price * ($qty-1)); 

? ?} 

} 

?// end indvship

I've added the products_ship_price_two code in all the places mantioned and in the database...

Edited by knokenet

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, THANK YOU! this is the most needed contribution to me. I can finally set shipping prices the way I needed too :) But i have a question. Can i use easypopulate with it to add the shipping prices. I have over 1050 products and No other way I can change data.

=)

I have everything installed correctly. When I go into the admin panel and add a shipping price to the item, the change does not get into the database (there is no error or anything)

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how can I resolve

Issue: When using "Individual Product Shipping Prices", the changes I submit for the product do not get comitted to the database.

Thank you!

Ron