• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIB] Options as Images for MS2

equilla

Anyone using this contribution with 'On the Fly' Auto Thumnailer or a similar contrib? I just tried to install On the Fly but it is 'breaking' my option images by messing up the src. With the option installed the src code for the options display comes out looking like this:

When it should look like this:

It is the edits to includes/functions/html_output.php that are causing it but I am not sure what I need to do to make these 2 get along.

Hi Alane,

I have a "crappy" soultion for using both these contributions together. Assuming both contributions are installed correctly, only one file need changing:

1. OPEN catalog/product_thumb.php

2. FIND the following (around line 39):

$tn_path = 'thumbnails/'; // The default is 'thumbnails/', should be chmod 777

3. REPLACE above code with the following:

$tn_path = ''; // The default is 'thumbnails/', should be chmod 777

This corrects the image path, so they display correctly.

REASON WHY SOLUTION CRAPPY: What this change means is that ALL your thumbnails are no longer stored "neatly" away in the catalog/images/thumbnails folder... ALL your thumbnails will now be located in catalog/images - though it is untidy, I'd rather have both contributions working together than not having one and tidy images folder!

HTH,

Unified

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Hey all,

I've modified the code slightly to be able to display additional information when the user clicks on an option image. I also display the name and additional info (dimensions). I've managed to insert another field in the options_images table and written the code to display the info and the code to add the info to the database via the admin page.

The only problem that I'm having is that when I select and option_image to edit and I click the edit button, the field is populated with the value of a different option.

screenshot.gif

In this example, I selected option Number 11 and clicked edit. I can input new information and it will update the database correctly. I guess this is more of an annoyance. I have very limited experience with PHP, so any help would be appreciated. The code in catalog/admin/options_images.php that I modified is highlighted in red and is as follows:

--around line 25

case 'save':

$image_source = $HTTP_POST_FILES['value_image_input']['tmp_name'];

$filename = $HTTP_POST_FILES['value_image_input']['name'];

$image_destination = DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . 'options/' . $filename;

$cID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']);

copy($image_source , $image_destination) or die("unable to copy $image_source to location $image_destination");

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " set products_options_values_thumbnail = '" . tep_db_input($filename) . "' where products_options_values_id = '" . tep_db_input($cID) . "'");

$products_options_values_dimensions = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_options_values_dimensions']);

$cID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " set products_options_values_dimensions = '" . tep_db_input($products_options_values_dimensions) . "' where products_options_values_id = '" . tep_db_input($cID) . "'");

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_OPTIONS_IMAGES, '&cID=' . $cID . '&box_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['box_id']));

break;

--and around line 133

//Now pull their details from the database

$query2 = tep_db_query ("select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " where products_options_values_id = '" . $products_options_values_id . "' and language_id = '" .$language_id . "'");

while ($result2 = tep_db_fetch_array($query2)) {

$products_options_values_name = $result2 ['products_options_values_name'];

$products_options_values_thumbnail = $result2['products_options_values_thumbnail'];

$products_options_values_dimensions = $result2['products_options_values_dimensions'];

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID'] == $products_options_values_id){

$selected_value['name'] = $products_options_values_name;

$selected_value['image'] = $products_options_values_thumbnail;

$selected_value['dimensions'] = $products_options_values_dimensions;

$selected_value['id'] = $products_options_values_id;

}

--and around line 154

?>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $products_options_values_name ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . 'options/' . $products_options_values_thumbnail, $products_options_values_name, OPTIONS_IMAGES_WIDTH, OPTIONS_IMAGES_HEIGHT) ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $products_options_values_thumbnail ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $products_options_values_dimensions ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

--and around line 167

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) {

case 'edit':

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>'.$selected_value['name'].'</b>');

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('products_options_values_dimensions', FILENAME_OPTIONS_IMAGES, '&cID=' . $selected_value['id'] . '&box_id=' . $options_id . '&action=save', 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"'));

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_EDIT_INTRO);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_SELECT_FILE . '<br>' . tep_draw_file_field('value_image_input'));

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INPUT_DIMENSIONS . '<br>' . tep_draw_input_field('products_options_values_dimensions'));

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE) . '?<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_OPTIONS_IMAGES, '&cID=' . $selected_value['id']) . '&box_id=' . $options_id .'">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');

echo '</form>';

break;

Most of the coding that I do is hit and miss, and I get lucky sometimes. Perhaps I will get better at this as time goes on. But for the time being, if someone can help me straighten this out, I would be most grateful.

Michael

I installed this contrib. a few days ago & have been getting errors. At first, I couldnt access my admin panel, but i could see my store, it appeared that the cont. installed. Then, i couldnt access the catalog either. I went back & made sure everything was ok, and now i'm back to having my admin panel, I see Options Images in the menu & am able to do some edits...

I am getting errors in my admin though,

Darn. i just went to admin to copy the errors, and NOW, my admin won't pull up again!!! :blink:

And when i try to view the catalog, I get this--despite having replaced my manufacturers file with my untouched backup

Manufacturers

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_hide_session_id() in /mnt/w0513/d03/s35/b026eada/www/Tees/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/boxes/manufacturers.php on line 53

What is an undefined function, and where did i not define it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, there.

First of all, Great Contribution. I've got it working to my satisfaction. There is one change I am trying to make, which is so that when "Click image to Enlarge" is set to false The option can be selected by clicking on the image itself rather than them having to click the radio button underneath. This would be a little more intuitive and user friendly.

If anyone can fathom a way to do it, I'd be most greatful. Thsi si the code that I think needs to be modified.

(from options images.php)

if (OPTIONS_IMAGES_CLICK_ENLARGE == 'true')

echo '<td align="center"><a href="java script:popupWindow(\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_OPTIONS_IMAGES_POPUP, 'oID=' . $opti_array['id']) .'\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'options/' . $opti_array['thumbnail'], $opti_array['text'], OPTIONS_IMAGES_WIDTH, OPTIONS_IMAGES_HEIGHT) . '</a></td></tr>';

else echo '<tr><td align="center">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'options/' . $opti_array['thumbnail'], $opti_array['text'], OPTIONS_IMAGES_WIDTH, OPTIONS_IMAGES_HEIGHT) . '</td></tr>';

echo '<tr><td class="main" align="center">' . $opti_array['text'] . '</td></tr>';

echo '<tr><td align="center"><input type="radio" name ="id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']" value="' . $opti_array['id'] . '" unchecked></td></tr></table></td>';

$count++;

• 1 month later...
Anyone using this contribution with 'On the Fly' Auto Thumnailer or a similar contrib? I just tried to install On the Fly but it is 'breaking' my option images by messing up the src. With the option installed the src code for the options display comes out looking like this:

When it should look like this:

It is the edits to includes/functions/html_output.php that are causing it but I am not sure what I need to do to make these 2 get along.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards to gtr_rider: Did you get it working? I am using STS as well, here is what I did to make it work for the site www.hulasupplycenter.com/catalog/.

includes/sts_product_info.php file:

approx line 64

find:

directly above this line, ADD:

next, find:

after this line, ADD:

Next, in includes/sts_templates/[your template folder]/product_info.php.html

Where you want the options to display, ADD:

So that is what I did - if anyone has a better way I'm interested in knowing because this seems a little hinky.

Thanks!

Alane

Alane, this doesn't work for my website: http://www.maxibel.com.br. When I unable Options as Images, select box appear, but when I enable, nothing happens. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There

I use this great conrtibution , it works fine for me BUT

when I use some products with options which not need images I still have a text "click to enlarge " and "choose by radiobutton" ,

Please help me to supress this when not needed i.e. for those of my products, which have only textual options.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi There

I use this great conrtibution , it works fine for me BUT

when I use some products with options which not need images I still have a text "click to enlarge " and "choose by radiobutton" ,

Please help me to supress this when not needed i.e. for those of my products, which have only textual options.

Thanks

Falkenberg, in the admin section, make sure you have options images disabled for the products which only have text options.

Michael

Just installed this contrib. on the customer end, everything seems fine(haven't activated it yet though). but on the admin side, I went to check out what options were available, see how it works, etc.... and under the categories box, I go to click "Option as Images" and I get :

Not Found
The requested URL /shop/TheFort/FILENAME_OPTIONS_IMAGES was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I looked over the code in /admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php and it seems correct, and I checked to make sure Options_images.php in /admin existed and it's there... so what gives?

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. BACKUP!

Okay scratch all that I figured out what to do. After careful examining, the instructions for install were incorrect(at least, they did not work for me) in catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php it says to :

In the file /admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php find this line:-

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

and add this after it:-

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_OPTIONS_IMAGES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_OPTIONS_IMAGES . '</a><br>' .

the whole, "FILENAME_OPTIONS_IMAGES," does not work for me, what I did was replace that tiny piece with:

'options_images.php'

and it loaded without an issue. so now I can access it, but if I tried to sift through the options in the dropdown list I got the SAME EXACT ERROR, so I figured take what I just did as a fix and apply the same thing to the options_images.php file itself. So booted up my fave editor (Gedit in Debian) and did a search for anything saying FILENAME_OPTIONS_IMAGES and told it to replace it with 'options_images.php' (for those unfamiliar with PHP that are being adventurous and fixing it yourself, first off, good for you, second off, the quotes are very important). That fixed EVERYTHING now all is well. So I fixed my problems, thanks guys. now I have a new question....

-Without messing up my store through tinkering too much, can someone explain to me how to manipulate the display of the images? Was thinking of spacing out the images a bit more.

-second question, is there a way to make a dropdown list of available options with images and titles(or even jsut images alone) in the dropdown list? I wanted to sell different colored items and have swatches of the colors in a dropdown list. So you'd see a small rectangle or red,blue,green etc. to choose from ina droplist, to save space on the product info page. thanks in advance for any assistance thats headed my way :)

p.s. BACKUP!

Okay scratch all that I figured out what to do. After careful examining, the instructions for install were incorrect(at least, they did not work for me) in catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php it says to :

In the file /admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php find this line:-
'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .
and add this after it:-
'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_OPTIONS_IMAGES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_OPTIONS_IMAGES . '</a><br>' .

the whole, "FILENAME_OPTIONS_IMAGES," does not work for me, what I did was replace that tiny piece with:

'options_images.php'

and it loaded without an issue. so now I can access it, but if I tried to sift through the options in the dropdown list I got the SAME EXACT ERROR, so I figured take what I just did as a fix and apply the same thing to the options_images.php file itself. So booted up my fave editor (Gedit in Debian) and did a search for anything saying FILENAME_OPTIONS_IMAGES and told it to replace it with 'options_images.php' (for those unfamiliar with PHP that are being adventurous and fixing it yourself, first off, good for you, second off, the quotes are very important). That fixed EVERYTHING now all is well. So I fixed my problems, thanks guys. now I have a new question....

-Without messing up my store through tinkering too much, can someone explain to me how to manipulate the display of the images? Was thinking of spacing out the images a bit more.

-second question, is there a way to make a dropdown list of available options with images and titles(or even jsut images alone) in the dropdown list? I wanted to sell different colored items and have swatches of the colors in a dropdown list. So you'd see a small rectangle or red,blue,green etc. to choose from ina droplist, to save space on the product info page. thanks in advance for any assistance thats headed my way :)

As far as your first issue is concerned, did you make the necessary changes to admin/inlcudes/filenames.php? You should have added the following line:

define ('FILENAME_OPTIONS_IMAGES', 'options_images.php');

As for the second part of your post, it seems you should be able to add width attributes to the <td> and <table> tags. But that did not work for me. If you figure it out, please post here and I will do the same. I haven't got a clue on the dropdown menu part. hth

Michael

I thought I covered all the steps, either that or I made a typo in that file, but I fixed it regardless i hope. I'm gonna look into the display aspects in a bit. yeah, keep me up to date if you solve it first :) and the dropdown images would be AWESOME...no clue how to do it though. Maybe if there was a database entry for a dropdown list with images instead of text? I know nothing about databases... I guess I'll take a closer look at how this works, and see if I can switch where it creates a radio button, to a dropdown menu.

p.s. BACKUP!

hi,

Very nice contrib.

But i use Qtpro and i use the option sequenced_dropdown.

I would like to konw if someone know how to make only valid color only by size.

I explain me better, i sell clothes and the customers has to choose the size before choosing the color. Sometime i do not have all the the color for ervy size.

The probleme is that with option_as_images all the color are valid for each size.

Can you help me by giving me some tips how to do it ?

xav

• 4 months later...

I just can't get OaIfMS2 to work with Product Attributes - Option Type Feature v1.7.2. I'm always getting "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VAR in ...\catalog\product_info.php on line 294", which is code from OaI-with-Option-Types.zip by beddo.

291 if (OPTIONS_AS_IMAGES_ENABLED == 'true' && $products_options_name['products_options_images_enabled'] == 'true'){
292 $count=0;
293 if (!$numOAS) {
294 var $numOAS = 0;

Beddo writes:

Look for:

//clr 030714 default is select list

After:

$products_options_array = array();

Change:

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute) . $products_options_name['products_options_comment'] . '</td>';

however, the original line from product_info.php from the Option Type Feature v1.7.2 package looks different (mind the last bit):

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute) . $products_options_name['products_options_comment']; ?></td>

I was hoping someone could give me a clue as to why this isn't working for me...All is installed, Admin works beautifully. I configured it, added pictures, added an options folder in catalog/images with 777 permissions...blah blah blah, but on the catalog side i just get a pull down menu.

First picture is Admin

Picture04.png

This picture below is the catalog side

Picture05.png

Another thing I noticed is that if in configuration I put "Click to Enlarge" to True, it disables the click to enlarge mechanism on my more_pics_6_v1.2c that are used for product pictures. Any thoughts on that?

Any help that you could give

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is wondering....or cares....I did fix this problem, however I did have to pull More_Pics...I just couldn't get it to work with this module. I tried a few other mods and the only ones I could get to work with this module were "Additional Images" and "Ultra Pics"...I went with Ultra Pics and it all works great...Just thought this might prevent someone from going through as many image contributions as I did to find one compatible.

Best of luck

Teresa

Edited by ttstitches

• 2 months later...

This has been the Contribution i have been looking for to solve my problem. I sell cosmetics and need to be able to show the color or the attribute and this contr will completely solve my problem except for one fact, customers need to be able to choose more then one color for their product, and that radio button will just not work. I need something in this nature http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/prod...UCT_ID=PROD1439

Is there anyway instead of a radio button for the options, to have a quantity box next to that option so they can add as many of those "options/ colors" as they want. Thanks. If this is not possible, but someone can write this up, i will pay for their time. Either PM me or post in this thread. Thanks - Sean

• 1 month later...

I am interested in using this module, but I notice that it doesn't necessarily do what I need it to. Instead of having different images in my product info page I'd like to have only one but changing by selecting the relative attribute(by color for example).

The result I am aiming is something like this website:

http://www.glamoutlet.com/Outlet/servlet/c...lorValueID=0002

Can this contrib achieve this?

Also, can someone provide a website that uses this contribution so that we can see what it looks like before installing?

• 2 weeks later...
I would also like to know if there is any contribution that could do what the options do in the example above.

Thanks in advanced,

:rolleyes:

Flip, I've just about given up. No one responds to topics like these anymore.... The thread starter seems to just overlook any inquiries regarding this contrib. <_<

Is there anyway instead of a radio button for the options, to have a quantity box next to that option so they can add as many of those "options/ colors" as they want.

That's also what i'm looking for.

• 1 month later...

Hi there just thought I would share this find in case anyone runs into the same problem I had. . .I didn't find the solution in this thread. . .after some playing around, I managed to find the problem (I am not a php programmer by any means, in fact I don't even know what any of the characters stand for or do. . I just cut and paste the mods and try to learn as I go)

I'm running OSC 2.2 RC1 and a few other mods. . can't remember them all, for sure STS just for the index page template.

Problem I had:

I installed Options as Images for MS2 located here - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1467

Fairly easy install btw

After updating all files, my SQL installed just fine, I set my settings in the catalog admin for the new mod (enabled options as images etc.)

However, I had 3 products that I had previously uploaded with 5 attributes each. . each of the 5 attributes had 15 text options (1,2,3,4,5 etc.)

Once I installed the mod, the pull down menus were no longer displayed at all. I did check to see that those attributes were "unchecked" in the Options as Images admin tool, so they should have been displaying as pull down, with no image attached to them.

Here's what I had going on:

In the install directions it said this:

A./catalog/product_info.php, find these lines: 

$products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$products_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query);

and put this line before them:

if (OPTIONS_AS_IMAGES_ENABLED == 'false'){

Next, LOOK FOR:
<td class="main"><?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></td>
    <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute); ?></td>
    </tr>
<?php
     }
?>
         </table>
<?php

}

now add after:
//Options as Images. Add the curly bracket as shown on the next line
}
?>

<?php
//Options as Images. This whole php clause needs to be added
if (OPTIONS_AS_IMAGES_ENABLED == 'true') include ('options_images.php'); 
?>

So it should look like:

<td class="main"><?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></td>
    <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute); ?></td>
    </tr>
<?php
     }
?>
         </table>
<?php

}

}
?>

<?php
?>

My initial coding ended up like this:

//on or about line 150

</tr>
<?php
     }
?>
         </table>
<?php

}

}
?>

<?php
?>

</table>
<?php
   }
?>

I was then getting a parse error that suggested an unexpected } on line 284

In reality, line 284 was not the problem

After some messing around, I concluded it had to do something with the fact that there was a

</table>

in there more than once.

So this is what I came up with that worked and displayed my pull downs correctly (I am running STS, but only for my index template-nothing else is templated)

</tr>
<?php
     }
?>
         </table>
<?php

}

}
?>

<?php
?>

Like I say now it is working just fine (so far), the pull downs are displaying (they don't have the Options as Images enabled for them) and I am now going to try to do my first image for option attribute.

Thought I would pass this along in case anyone else runs into the same problem. . sounds like the thread creator isn't keeping up with this anymore, but hey it's been a few years since this thread started.

You can view the site I'm working on at http://www.thetrendsetters.com/catalog

Thanks for the great contrib!!!

Kyla :thumbsup:

Rangeline Design

http://www.rangelinedesign.com

Kyla

Rangeline Design

Michigan USA

I forgot to mention in the above post that I am running Options as Images MS2 v 1.5

OK. . .so I got all of my attributes up for a product with images. . all working very nicely, but then when I looked at the store, all of the attributes were automatically checked and I could not uncheck them. . so here is the fix:

In your /catalog/options_images.php (where /catalog is your root directory for your store)

at line 63 change:

echo '<tr><td align="center"><input type="radio" name ="id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']" value="' . $opti_array['id'] . '" checked></td></tr></table></td>';

to:

echo '<tr><td align="center"><input type="radio" name ="id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']" value="' . $opti_array['id'] . '" unchecked></td></tr></table></td>';

notice I changed checked to unchecked

However if you check a radio button, you still can't uncheck it by clicking it again <_< . . I will try to figure this out. . for now you just have to refresh the page or use your back button and come back to the product and it will come up clear again.

Thanks,

Kyla

Rangeline Design

Kyla

Rangeline Design

Michigan USA