• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Almost finished - please have a look-and fix a nagging bug!

fiscus

Ok,

the site isn't live or finished - actually still got a lot of work to do, but thought it was a good time to get some other peoples feedback while I put some finished touches on it.

http://staging.tableeightcorporate.com/cat...talog/index.php

The first problem i'm sure most people will have is that when the site first loads it is all out of alignment. See pic.

scattered.jpg

But things start working if you press refresh. The problem only happens when you go to the page initially and then after a refresh everything is fine. I know it is comething that I have cause (must be some wierd tag issue) but for the life of me I can't fix it. Is there a problem that can check tags/code to make sure everything is terminated and closed?

I tried a bit of trial and error and found a section of my code was causing some of the problem but when this was removed it caused another spacing problem in the index page.

my header.php is:

<?php

/*

$Id: header.php,v 1.42 2003/06/10 18:20:38 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// check if the 'install' directory exists, and warn of its existence

if (WARN_INSTALL_EXISTENCE == 'true') {

if (file_exists(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/install')) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_INSTALL_DIRECTORY_EXISTS, 'warning');

}

}

// check if the configure.php file is writeable

if (WARN_CONFIG_WRITEABLE == 'true') {

if ( (file_exists(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php')) && (is_writeable(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php')) ) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_CONFIG_FILE_WRITEABLE, 'warning');

}

}

// check if the session folder is writeable

if (WARN_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE == 'true') {

if (STORE_SESSIONS == '') {

if (!is_dir(tep_session_save_path())) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');

} elseif (!is_writeable(tep_session_save_path())) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'warning');

}

}

}

// give the visitors a message that the website will be down at ... time

if ( (WARN_BEFORE_DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE == 'true') && (DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE == 'false') ) {

$messageStack->add('header', TEXT_BEFORE_DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE . PERIOD_BEFORE_DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE, 'warning');

}

// this will let the admin know that the website is DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE to the public

if ( (DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE == 'true') && (EXCLUDE_ADMIN_IP_FOR_MAINTENANCE == getenv('REMOTE_ADDR')) ) {

$messageStack->add('header', TEXT_ADMIN_DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE, 'warning');

}

// check session.auto_start is disabled

if ( (function_exists('ini_get')) && (WARN_SESSION_AUTO_START == 'true') ) {

if (ini_get('session.auto_start') == '1') {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_AUTO_START, 'warning');

}

}

if ( (WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE == 'true') && (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') ) {

if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD)) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');

}

}

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {

echo $messageStack->output('header');

}

?>

<?php /* BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Center Shop Bottom of the tables are in footer.php */ ?> 

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 

<tr><td> 

<table width="750" align="center" BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF"> 

<tr><td> 

<table width="100%"><tr><td> 

<?php /* BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Center Shop */ ?> 

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'tableeightcorporatelogo.gif', 'Table Eight Corporate : Online') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

</tr>

</table>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="15">

<tr class="headerNavigation">

<td align="left" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '" class="headerNavigation">Home</a>'; ?>

<td class="headerNavigation">  <?php //echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></td>

<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>  |  Search  -  <form name="quick_find" method="get" action="advanced_search_result.php"> 

<input type="text" name="keywords" size="10" maxlength="30" value="" style="width: 95px"></form></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {

?>

<tr class="headerError">

<td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {

?>

<tr class="headerInfo">

<td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

and if I remove :

<td align="left" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '" class="headerNavigation">Home</a>'; ?>

<td class="headerNavigation">  <?php //echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></td>

I get this spacing problem:

problem2.jpg

my spacing code is

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

anyway - i think it is almost impossible for anyone to try and fix these probs without me just doing some more trial and error (still learning my php codes)

Anyway back to the site, please have a look around and tell me what you think and how I can improve.

hardly any products have been added but you can look at :

http://staging.tableeightcorporate.com/cat...3&products_id=7 for a demonstration on how things look and work.

Please comment!!

I also just want to thank all the volunteers, comments, ideas and support that this forum has given me and I look forward to continue developing the site and getting it ready for going live.

I found that when that appened to me it was to do with the table coding.

e.g  <td> missing or something.

check it out.

Yeah ok - i'll go through - whats the best way? Manually?

Open the file in dreamweaver and just folld the tags? or is there some programs that can check them for you?

What did you think of the look/layout (not that there is a lot there....but I wanted something user friendly, professional, attractive and simple!

I am new to oscommerce so I am hoping to get some tips from others. I like your site - how did you do the rollover menus where more options popup (womenswear, etc.)? If you have any tips or suggestions for me as to what codes to change and how to change them will you let me know? Thanks!

try:

http://staging.tableeightcorporate.com/cat...x.php?cPath=1_4

there is an osc Buy Now _blue_ button, not an orange one.

I'm not sure if the buttons suit you site.

Regards,

Piotr

Yeah I am still undecided on the butons. The latest button I have made can be seen here:

http://staging.tableeightcorporate.com/cat...3&products_id=7

I think I like it enough to change all the other existing buttons? Yes/no?

I am new to oscommerce so I am hoping to get some tips from others. I like your site - how did you do the rollover menus where more options popup (womenswear, etc.)? If you have any tips or suggestions for me as to what codes to change and how to change them will you let me know? Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment!

The menu was changed with this contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1067

I chose that over the coolmenu mod as I think there are still positional problems with coolmen if you are running a centered store.

It is very easy to install.

The code cause the alignment problems is :

<td align="left" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>  |  Search  -  <form name="quick_find" method="get" action="advanced_search_result.php"> 

<input type="text" name="keywords" size="8" maxlength="30" value="" style="width: 95px"></form></td>

I can;t for the life of me work out why it can be causing this?

As you can see I have moved the search box up to the header - maybe that has something to do with it? Is there anything way/syntax I can use?

Thanks again.

Keep the comments comming.

Do you honestly think anyone is going to buy clothing that's represented by line drawings? Or is that just temporary? :?

Placeholders atm. Model photo's are being done as we speak.

I think I have fixed all my spacing and alignment problems.

• 1 month later...
I think I have fixed all my spacing and alignment problems.

Hi fiscus,

how did u rectify the table alignment problem? i'm facing the same problem. and also how did u make those sub-categories.....

did u use some contribution?

any help would be much apprecieted.

thanks.

Archived