osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Federal Express Real Time Quotes V2.0 Just Uploaded

sfatula

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier this week, I started encountering a problem with my website, and just localized the problem to FedEx's API not responding to my CURL requests. I finally figured out that I should set the timeout to something shorter (10 seconds in this case). When I did, the checkout_shipping.php page finally loaded up (it hadn't been doing this all week long), and this is the error message I find:

FedEx_Problem.JPG

I called FedEx and talked to one of their API support guys, to see if there was anything funny going on on their end. He said all systems were working normal. The only thing he told me that changed was that last Thursday, they removed 2+ year old versions of the API, the "Legacy version", as he described it. With as much activity that has gone on in support of this OSC contrib, I figured that this FedEx real-time quote contrib has probably been updated to the current API version.

Anyway, I don't know what to do about this problem, except ask if anyone else has had this problem, or is running into it. One more thing, I did change the chipping weight limit in the config setting earlier this week (and then changed it back), and here are my current FedEx settings:

FedEx_Problem_2.JPG

Thanks!

P.S.- You can view the problem for youself at My Webpage. Feel free to create a dummy account and try and order something.

I'm just wondering, are you guys using fedex exclusively, and if so what are you doing about customers who type in P.O. boxes and alaska and hawaii purchases?

I am using both FedEx and USPS. It is a problem when customers enter PO Boxes. You can add a note on the checkout page that says FedEx does not ship to PO Boxes or APO. Thats the easiest fix without going into the code to add checks for that.

you might already have home delivery on your account. If not, then I believe you will need to talk to your regional sales rep. You can call the 1800GOFEDEX and asked to have a rep call you and they should be able to set that up as well as get you discount rates on ground and express rates.

Well the way this module works is if there is no entry for company name, it defaults to home delivery. If there is an entry for the company name entered by the customer, then it defaults to ground.

Once you have a constant volume, you can speak to a sales rep and get better rates. Usually the volume required is not too much and you can set up daily pickups and start using fedex ship manager software for shipments.

Thanks safoo for the info! I hope to get better rates soon then *LOL*. FedEX Ship Manager Software? Isn't that what we're using on their website?

No, the ship manager is a software based shipping program, similar to UPS Worldship, if you're familiar with that.

BTW, I am a member of an association that has a partnership with Siriani & Associates, they're a Freight Savings Plan (FSP) company who gets us EXCELLENT FEDEX rates, regardless of volume. I would highly recomend contacting them about eligibility, & see if they can help you out

Edited by NextLevelMotoring

Ryan,

What are the discount rates you get from Siriani & Associates? QuickBooks gives a 4/8/12% discount for <15/16-30/31-150 lb. packages on the Ground services. Are you getting a better discount rate than that? I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who is able to get better rates and what the discounts are they are getting.

Thanks,

Mark

Those rates are very similar to what FedEx will give you if you contact them directly.

Yeah, I think the biggest difference it there's no minimum requirement, to keep the rates, so it's good for smaller shops that are trying to get started, & have competitive shipping rates, getting rates directly through FEDEX requires a shipping history, and a constant flow of packages.

hello

is there any way to add % to cost of the shipping?

if shipping is 5.00 and i want to add 10% on the top of the shipping cost. now new cost of shipping is 5.50.

but i do not want to add fix amount in $.

thanks

I'm still running into the problem of receiving the error message: "No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down". I've tried to debug the problem, but haven't had any luck.

As I understand it, this error message occurs because $meterStart === FALSE and strlen($fedexData) == 0.

if ($meterStart === FALSE) {
? ? ? ?if (strlen($fedexData) == 0) {
? ? ? ?$this->error_message = 'No response to CURL...

$meterStart is derived from $fedexData, which is acquired in the function _AccessFedex($data). I've tried placing echo $data statements inside _AccessFedex at different points, but I can't get anything displayed on the screen. Furthermore, I can't get any information when I turn on Debug mode.

I'm really stuck on this, and our site depends on this to go live (it's the last step!!!!) I suspect that it might be a cURL issue, but I really don't know.

I posted my server settings previously on page 8 of this thread. You can also click here:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...70entry385303

I need serious help with this one!!! Please help!!

Edited by clewist1

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem as Craig. I called FedEX and they said my account is fine on their end and it most be on my end. Here is the error at the top because I have debug on:

Data sent to Fedex for Meter: 0,"211"10,"acct #"4003,"OurBestFriend.com"4007,"OurBestFriend.com"4008,"Address"4011,"City"4012,"STATE"4013,"ZIP"4014,"USA"4015,"phone"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Meter:

Then this is the error in the shipping area of the page:

Federal Express 

No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down

I have open SSL and CURL running. Please help if you can.

Thanks

Jeff

I have also noticed that my cURL path has white spaces in it. this is running on a liux box and I was wondering if this is a issue for the mod. the hosting company tested it and said it works on their end and FedEx says it works on theirs.

here is the path:

/usr/lib/libcurl/7.10.5 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.1.4

Again any help would be appreciated

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

ok two things solved my problem.

First since cURL is built into my php I did not need to have the path so I have cURL path set to none.

Second country and state codes need to be 2 digits in our case AZ and US.

It now works like a charm

here is a link from FedEx that might help

Click the link below to obtain a copy of the Tagged Transaction Guide, please disregard this link if you're utilizing the FedEx XML solution:

http://www.fedex.com/us/solutions/wis/pdf/TagTransGuide.pdf

hope this might help someone else.

• 7 months later...

My rates seem to be to high but not consistant. I captured 2 outgoing strings. One for a 1 pound (actual 0.22) package came back with a ground rate of $3.68 in the string but showed up as $7.21 on the screen. Second string captured for a 3 pound package came back at $5.86 but showed $7.29 on the screen.

I am using version 2.04 and have surcharge and residential charge set to 0.

any ideas...

jeff