• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master contribution list???

Is there a master list of contributions with the name & a description?

Perhaps a better way to view the ones on the site?

I don't have the time to sift through them all, but don't want to miss a useful one either.

Sorry, you have to sift through them, it is a great learning experience, believe me.

Remember, they were all written by volunteers too.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

It sure would be a huge timesaver if there was a page which concatenated all the names and descriptions.

I'm five hours in, and still haven't got a clear idea of which is the best contrib for each desired feature.

And it would save you time, but how much time would it take to create? Are you willing to pay someone to do it?

Volunteers, volunteers, volunteers.

Get it? If you want it changed, volunteer to do it.

No one gets paid to cater to the whims of the restless.

It will take longer than 5 hours to find what you are looking for, they contribs are not organized by osc version because when the section was started that wasn't an issue.

It is archaic, it is difficult to get through, and yes, you will learn a lot by going through it. If you don't want to, no one is making you. You don't HAVE to add a single contribution if you don't want to. You can hire a consultant if you don't want to do the research yourself.

It is the same with these forums, you will learn a lot if you just sit down and do a random search on a feature or a specific contribution and read what comes up, whether it is relavent to what you thought you were looking for or not.

Reading is a wonderful thing and if you are new to osCommerce or not so new, reading some of the past discussions on how to do things is very enlightening.

It is how MOST of us here learned how to do stuff.

Enjoy :)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

And it would save you time, but how much time would it take to create?  Are you willing to pay someone to do it?  

Volunteers, volunteers, volunteers.

Get it?  If you want it changed, volunteer to do it.

Given the access, I hereby volunteer to edit oscommerce.com to include a master contribution list.

I also volunteer to modify the www.oscommerce.com/forums for better searchability, as well as post editing.

I understand that this is a vlounteer effort, but failing to do 1 minute tasks to make the site (oscommerce.com) effective are costing me hours.

Given the access, I hereby volunteer to edit oscommerce.com to include a master contribution list.

I also volunteer to modify the www.oscommerce.com/forums for better searchability, as well as post editing.

I understand that this is a vlounteer effort, but failing to do 1 minute tasks to make the site (oscommerce.com) effective are costing me hours.

See above for for an example (or four) of why I would love to turn on the editable post flag.

I have a script I get the full list of contributions, see http://heretohost.com/os.html

Just what descriptions can we get.

This script provides the full list with the link to the contribution.

I use it to help in my searches.

DO not have it ready for a contribution at this time but you can check it out.

See above for for an example (or four) of why I would love to turn on the editable post flag.

Not possible because this forum is linked to a newsgroup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.