• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canada Post Shipping Module with dimensions

crshNbrn

ok be kind.......just trying to get some people to give this mod a good beta testing round ....any problems or suggestions feel free to comment.

Regards

crshNbrn

New mod with more options:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1201

Regards

crshNbrn

crshNbrn living on the edge.....

Hello,

I am still using this

canada_post_3_2

everything seem to be too big (heavy) for canada post when it gets through to the check out

i had it working (i think) but now i can't seem to get it to work

any ideas?

thanks,

-sgflowers

Sorry about all the posts

i can`t figure out what is causing this is there a setting i need to change in the canada post sell online for this or it it my dimensions i have set maximum weight in the oscadmin to 500 so it can be that

thanks 4 help

-kevin

ok i installed 3.3 and i still am having the same problems as indictaed in previous posts

here is a new one

the default for the database is

kgs for weight and cm for dim_type

but when you edit a product in the admin it shows the oposite for both

any ideas???

ie: in and lbs are selected

i did the edits as required to admin/categories.php

if you select the opposite it does not change anything i checked in the db and it is still cm / kgs i can't change it and it displays the opposite

expect for the fact that dim_type and weight_type display wrong and can't be changed in the admin i solved my problem

i needed to define more boxes in the canada post sell online

sorry 4 all the posts was that ever frustrating!

and it was all my own doing again thaks 4 the contrib

it does not seem to be reflecting what is in the database

all my products are set to cm and kgs but when i edit an existing product

it displays in / lbs

here are the 2 lines:

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DIM_TYPE; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' CM' . tep_draw_radio_field('products_dim_type', 'cm', $checked = false,$pInfo->products_dim_type).' IN'.tep_draw_radio_field('products_dim_type', 'in', $checked = true,$pInfo->products_dim_type); ?></td>

</tr>

and

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_WEIGHT_TYPE; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' KGS' . tep_draw_radio_field('products_weight_type', 'kgs', $checked = false,$pInfo->products_weight_type).' LBS'.tep_draw_radio_field('products_weight_type', 'lbs', $checked = true,$pInfo->products_weight_type); ?></td>

</tr>

any help would be appreciated

I just logged in and seems to be working did 3 of one and 2 of another ....Looks like you installed the new code. I have a minor bug in the french language pack but am waiting for others to find more before i post another update.

Regards

crshNbrn

crshNbrn living on the edge.....

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I installed "Canada Post Shipping Module with dimensions - 3.7" today and when i modify a product in my admin and click on update i'm getting the following error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kitchenn/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php:119) in /home/kitchenn/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Does somebody know what's wrong here?

HIM - Dark Light - Out on 26/09/05

Thanks Java Roasters, that solved this issue! I have to other problems now:

1. if i am on my site on click on "cart contents" the picutre of the product is not there anymore...

2. I ordered a product for my self and have gotten the following shipping options:

Canada Post (1 box(es) to be shipped) 
Canada Post  
Priority Courier, 2005-06-10  $13.40 	 
Xpresspost, 2005-06-10  $7.87 	 
Regular, 2005-06-14  $7.02  

There is no expedited parcel, is there a chance to change "regular" with "expedited" ?

every little help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

Sandra

Ok these problems are solved, i got one questions left:

If i add a new product, i can check the option "Ready To Ship - Ship item in its original box". I check this option for all my products since i can ship them in their original boxes. In my shipping profile on www.canadapost.ca i have to add boxes with their size.

What do i have to do that i do not have to add those boxes on the canada-post-site ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I'm using this contribution and it's great work.

There IS one thing that I would like to know how to do and I'm sure there are other people that would like to do this as well. I'd like to be able to charge handling as a percentage of the shipping cost instead of a flat rate per box.

The reason for this is that I use several size boxes and the materials cost for a small box is much less than the cost for a much larger box.

Is there any way to tack the handling cost on to the Canada Post shipping prices shown? I guess what I'm looking for is actual shipping cost + X%.

I could probably spend days and days looking through the code and trying to figure out how to do it, but, programming isn't my forte and I'm sure that someone that is much more familiar with the code could do it in no time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated if it can be done at all

Thanks in advance

Druid6900

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

I've also installed this and the problem I have is that it wants to put every item in its own box. I had the owner of the store set it up with ca post, I just did the oscommerce end. Does anyone know which end is wrong here that it puts everything in it own box. Does entering the l x h x w in the admin/products determine how many boxes the items go in?

Wendy

I've also installed this and the problem I have is that it wants to put every item in its own box. I had the owner of the store set it up with ca post, I just did the oscommerce end. Does anyone know which end is wrong here that it puts everything in it own box. Does entering the l x h x w in the admin/products determine how many boxes the items go in?

Wendy

Ok, the way I understand it (seeing as I'm using it) is that Canada Post tries to jam as much stuff into a box as is possible, based on the size of the object and the weight of those objects.

At the CP test server, one of the choices is to add/modify the dummy box(es) you have set up. The bigger the box and the more weight it will hold, the more items you'll be able to cram into one box.

Go to the test server and add bigger boxes that can hold more weight and you'll get more items into the box.

HTH,

i installed it and followed the inst. carefully, but cant seem to make it save my configurations ( server and other info) any help?

i think the sql file is mising the configuration fields

this is cont. not for a clean install anyway

how can i get teh full cont.

i installed it and followed the inst. carefully, but cant seem to make it save my configurations ( server and other info) any help?

Ok, I had something like that at first too and, if you are trying to save it with the CPC_XML_DEMO Customer ID, it's not going to work. You have to get in touch with Canada Post and get an account to use the test server.

They will, in a day or two, send you back a user name and password to use with the test server. THAT'S the name you put in the contribution area space for Customer ID and THEN you'll be able to save the config.

If that's the setup you're working on, then that's the problem.

Oh, and have your ISP open port 30000 on your server (you'll get a can't connect otherwise) and make sure that, if your weight is in Kgs and your dimensions in cm, to have your dummy boxes at the test site set up the same way.

The weight/size system you use on your store and the one you use for your dummy boxes on the test site have to be the same or you will get an error about not being able to ship.

Don't feel badly though, I had the same WTF reaction when I was in that situation

Ok, I had something like that at first too and, if you are trying to save it with the CPC_XML_DEMO Customer ID, it's not going to work. You have to get in touch with Canada Post and get an account to use the test server.

They will, in a day or two, send you back a user name and password to use with the test server. THAT'S the name you put in the contribution area space for Customer ID and THEN you'll be able to save the config.

If that's the setup you're working on, then that's the problem.

Oh, and have your ISP open port 30000 on your server (you'll get a can't connect otherwise) and make sure that, if your weight is in Kgs and your dimensions in cm, to have your dummy boxes at the test site set up the same way.

The weight/size system you use on your store and the one you use for your dummy boxes on the test site have to be the same or you will get an error about not being able to ship.

Don't feel badly though, I had the same WTF reaction when I was in that situation

thank you for the support and reply.

i already have an account with canada post.

its just that the module is not saving my info when i go to change it.

this is why i thought there is missing sql lines here.

thank you for the support and reply.

i already have an account with canada post.

its just that the module is not saving my info when i go to change it.

this is why i thought there is missing sql lines here.

Can you post a dump of the info in your Canada Post setup info (the one you can't save)?