• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canada Post Shipping Module with dimensions

crshNbrn

Is it possible to remove this text in checkout

Canada Post (4 box(es) to be shipped)

No matter what I do that is wrong. The box sizes that are set should allow this order to go in one of my boxes I have set up not need 4! The shipping price is correct so if I could just remove that text all should be okay. I've try several ways but my php isn't as good as I would like.

This is the are that needs changing

// removed product name being sent to canada post to as some characters will cause Cp to result in an error & % and others in the product name

// $this->_addItem ($products_array[$i][quantity], $products_array[$i][final_price], $products_array[$i][weight], $products_array[$i][length], $products_array[$i][width], $products_array[$i][height], $products_array[$i][name], $products_array[$i][ready_to_ship], $products_array[$i][dim_type], $products_array[$i][weight_type]);

$this->_addItem ($products_array[$i][quantity], $products_array[$i][final_price], $products_array[$i][weight], $products_array[$i][length], $products_array[$i][width], $products_array[$i][height], 'online_product', $products_array[$i][ready_to_ship], $products_array[$i][dim_type], $products_array[$i][weight_type]);

$canadapostQuote = $this->_canadapostGetQuote();

if ( (is_array($canadapostQuote)) && (sizeof($canadapostQuote) > 0) ) {

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,

'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $this->boxCount . MODULE_SHIPPING_PACKAGING_RESULTS . ')');

$methods = array();

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($canadapostQuote); $i++) {

list($type, $cost) = each($canadapostQuote[$i]);

if ( $this->cp_oniline_handling == true) {

if ( $method == '' || $method == $type ) {

$methods[] = array('id' => $type,

'title' => $type,

'cost' => $cost + $this->handling_cp);

}

} else {

'title' => $type,

'cost' => (SHIPPING_HANDLING + $cost));

}

}

}

if ($this->tax_class > 0) {

$this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);

}

$this->quotes['methods'] = $methods;

} else {

if ( $canadapostQuote != false ) {

$errmsg = $canadapostQuote;

} else {

$errmsg = 'An unknown error occured with the canadapost shipping calculations.';

}

$errmsg .= '<br>If you prefer to use canadapost as your shipping method, please contact the '.STORE_NAME.' via <a href="mailto:'.STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS.'"><u>Email</U></a>.';

$this->quotes = array('module' => $this->title,

'error' => $errmsg);

}

The "module shipping package results" is what is telling the code 4 boxs so I would just like to remove that text.

Any suggestions?

Wendy

Edited by hankster6911

Is it possible to remove this text in checkout

Canada Post (4 box(es) to be shipped)

No matter what I do that is wrong. The box sizes that are set should allow this order to go in one of my boxes I have set up not need 4! The shipping price is correct so if I could just remove that text all should be okay. I've try several ways but my php isn't as good as I would like.

This is the are that needs changing

// removed product name being sent to canada post to as some characters will cause Cp to result in an error & % and others in the product name

// $this->_addItem ($products_array[$i][quantity], $products_array[$i][final_price], $products_array[$i][weight], $products_array[$i][length], $products_array[$i][width], $products_array[$i][height], $products_array[$i][name], $products_array[$i][ready_to_ship], $products_array[$i][dim_type], $products_array[$i][weight_type]);

$this->_addItem ($products_array[$i][quantity], $products_array[$i][final_price], $products_array[$i][weight], $products_array[$i][length], $products_array[$i][width], $products_array[$i][height], 'online_product', $products_array[$i][ready_to_ship], $products_array[$i][dim_type], $products_array[$i][weight_type]);

$canadapostQuote = $this->_canadapostGetQuote();

if ( (is_array($canadapostQuote)) && (sizeof($canadapostQuote) > 0) ) {

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,

'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $this->boxCount . MODULE_SHIPPING_PACKAGING_RESULTS . ')');

$methods = array();

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($canadapostQuote); $i++) {

list($type, $cost) = each($canadapostQuote[$i]);

if ( $this->cp_oniline_handling == true) {

'title' => $type,

'cost' => $cost + $this->handling_cp);

}

} else {

'title' => $type,

'cost' => (SHIPPING_HANDLING + $cost));

}

}

}

if ($this->tax_class > 0) {

$this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);

}

$this->quotes['methods'] = $methods;

} else {

if ( $canadapostQuote != false ) {

$errmsg = $canadapostQuote;

} else {

$errmsg = 'An unknown error occured with the canadapost shipping calculations.';

}

$errmsg .= '<br>If you prefer to use canadapost as your shipping method, please contact the '.STORE_NAME.' via <a href="mailto:'.STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS.'"><u>Email</U></a>.';

$this->quotes = array('module' => $this->title,

'error' => $errmsg);

}

The "module shipping package results" is what is telling the code 4 boxs so I would just like to remove that text.

Any suggestions?

Wendy

Well, not being a programmer, I don't know what effect removing "$this->boxCount " would be on the program, but, if it works, then you're set, but, if it doesn't, you could always paste it back in.

What I was actually looking for was the info in the box when you edit the CPSM w/dim choice in your admin panel.

I'd compare your setting against mine (which works fine) and see if I could spot what's causing the trouble. If you like, you could sent it to me as a PM.

Richard

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

Richard I figured it out, it had nothing to do with the script but actually at Canadian Post. I had US packages to be sent either expedited business or small packet. So what it was tellng me was I could send the items for $16.00 business or $32.00 small packet (in 4 boxes) LOL

I removed the small packet chocie and now it states all my goods can go in the one box.

Wendy

Richard I figured it out, it had nothing to do with the script but actually at Canadian Post. I had US packages to be sent either expedited business or small packet. So what it was tellng me was I could send the items for $16.00 business or $32.00 small packet (in 4 boxes) LOL

I removed the small packet chocie and now it states all my goods can go in the one box.

Wendy

Oops didn't mean to tell you all those times, but apparently the server here is having a few hiccups.

Wendy

News that good needs to be told more than once, Wendy :D

I'm pleased that you were able to work it out and, although I'm not an expert at this, I've had to work through a few little things on my way to get these contribs working nicely with each other, so, if you have a problem, ask.

If it's a contrib that I've tried to install, I've had every problem possible with it LMAO

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
Richard did you ever get the handling charged figured out? I have ca post set to charge a specific price of flat rate but it is not adding it

Do you find your gst and pst taxes come out accurate?

Wendy

Wendy, I'm really sorry, I haven't been ignoring you, I just haven't been getting the e-mail notifications when someone adds to this thread.

Yes, I did hack a way to have the program add a handling charge as a percentage of the shipping cost (such as shipping plus xx%) and it works fine. The xx% can be set (in the code) to whatever you like. It shows up IN the shipping rate as opposed to a separate line charge and, therefore, the shipping GST and/or PST is correctly calculated on the shipping/handling amount.

Furthermore, I've managed to re-arrange EasyPopulate to work with the extra files that CP with dimensions requires and that all works fine too. Do you want to marry me now? LMAO

Richard

Actually, as long as I'm in here....

Has anyone figured out why, if you are shipping to the same province you are in, that the XpressPost option doesn't show up?

I'm in Ontario, so, if I'm shipping to anyplace in the world BUT Ontario, XpressPost shows up in the list of shipping options, but, if the shipment is going to a place within Ontario, all I get is Regular, Expediated and Priority, no XpressPost.

This isn't critical, just annoying.

Richard

I got the taxes all figured out, still a no go with the shipping adding the handling fee, sure seems that should be simple but I do not know enough about codes to work with it.

I have not set up easy populate and most likely wont on this site I am doing. I am pretty much at a standstill right now as I broke my ankle and will be having surgery next week.

I thought I had at least had the shipping working properly but a test of sending a package to england came back with an error stating Rating Service generic error.

Also the shipping method in checkout is showing randomly now instead of always since I have installed gift vouchers, sigh.

Wendy

Well, a couple of us have a problem with this module and, perhaps, if anyone is left around to support this, otherwise, fine contribution, we might get some help.

It's not that critical in my case, but, in the case of someone I'm trying to help out, it's essential.

The problem seems to be that, if you are selling from a store based in Province A, and a person from the same province buys something from you, but has it shipped anywhere in the world, they aren't charged the Provincial and Federal taxes on either the purchase or the shipping costs.

I haven't had a lot of time to go through the code and, although I would like to get my store worked on, I would also like to help this person out. There is little chance of my products being bought here and then shipped elsewhere as a gift, but, one never knows.

From experimentation with "play-shipping" to various places, it would seem that the taxes are being calculated on the destination address as opposed to the shipping address. Calculating on the shipping address would insure that the proper taxes are charged.

It would save me a LOT of looking through the code if someone familiar with the code could give me a little help with this, but, if my experience with support for this contribution is any indication, I'll have to end up spending hours going through the code to try and figure out the actual problem and a solution for it.

Thank you in advance,

• 3 months later...

If the shipping address is in certain international countries such as France, and the order is over 2.5kg I get the following error message where it's supposed to display the shipping cost (and it wont let you check out either):

Rating Service generic error.

The Canada Post server is down at the moment please try again later. Sorry for the inconvenience.

We ship everything international with Xpresspost International, so I had that checked... but also I've tried enabling all the services and I still get the error. Anyone know why?

Edit: Nevermind, I was using the old server.. the new one didn't have xpresspost checked.. duh..

Edited by yatahaze

Furthermore, I've managed to re-arrange EasyPopulate to work with the extra files that CP with dimensions requires and that all works fine too.

Hello Richard,

Could you post the modified file or help me out with this?

I am trying to modify EP to work with the UPSXML module (it also uses weight and dimensions).

Thanks in advance,

Karim.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed when this offers small packets surface it gives the estimated delivery date as 2 to 4 weeks. Almost always the customer receives packages from us in 1-2 weeks. I think this is scaring off a lot of our US customers. Is there any way to change this?

Well, a couple of us have a problem with this module and, perhaps, if anyone is left around to support this, otherwise, fine contribution, we might get some help.

It's not that critical in my case, but, in the case of someone I'm trying to help out, it's essential.

The problem seems to be that, if you are selling from a store based in Province A, and a person from the same province buys something from you, but has it shipped anywhere in the world, they aren't charged the Provincial and Federal taxes on either the purchase or the shipping costs.

I haven't had a lot of time to go through the code and, although I would like to get my store worked on, I would also like to help this person out. There is little chance of my products being bought here and then shipped elsewhere as a gift, but, one never knows.

From experimentation with "play-shipping" to various places, it would seem that the taxes are being calculated on the destination address as opposed to the shipping address. Calculating on the shipping address would insure that the proper taxes are charged.

It would save me a LOT of looking through the code if someone familiar with the code could give me a little help with this, but, if my experience with support for this contribution is any indication, I'll have to end up spending hours going through the code to try and figure out the actual problem and a solution for it.

Thank you in advance,

There should be a maximum of two types of addresses: billing address (ccard address - where you live) and shipping address. "Destination Address" is the same as shipping address.

The rules in Ontario/Canada are simple: all taxes are based on the shipping address. If your client lives in Ontario ( and your store is in Ontario), but wants to ship the product to another province, then GST/HST is charged, but no PST.

For international orders (shipping address outside Canada/billing address in Canada), NO taxes are calculated.

Cheers........

Ragi Sekaly

Northern Penguin Technologies

• 3 weeks later...

I think I found a glitch, it applies to US customers only. Here is my theory: For the small packets option, when the customers order goes over the weight limit for one box for small packets, the calculator adds boxes instead of sticking with 1 box and showing expedited only. The expedited price gets messed up because it thinks theres 3 boxes when obviously the weight limit is a lot higher and we could easily fit everything in one box.

Right now, every order equal or over 0.82kg (not sure why it's that strange of a number) will show up as 3 boxes, roughly 2kg will show 4 boxes, roughly 3kg will be 5 boxes, etc. One box expedited is WAY cheaper than multiple small packets shipments. Does anyone else have this problem? And what can I do to fix this?

We don't enter dimensions in (too much work), but I entered in some fake ones on the item I was testing and it said 1 box for 0.82kg, however when I made the order 1kg, it went straight back to the 3 boxes, with the small packets option still available and the expedited price wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anywhere to get support for this module?

This doesn't seem to pick up the information about my box weights and stuff from their server. The shipping costs increase at weird weights like from .22 -> .23 kg, instead of what the rate sheet shows. I cant seem to find out whats going on with this thing and I cant find a place to get some help with it.

Edited by yatahaze

• 1 month later...

Ok, I'm having a major problem with this contrib. I believe we are losing sales to US customers because the contrib is bad at calculating US shipping costs.

Here is what is happening:

A US customer places an order for something that is heavier than what the Small Packets service can handle. They end up ordering a certain weight or maybe amount of products that causes the contrib to offer them the option between 3 small packets boxes (which we would never do), or an inflated expedited option. It's inflated because I believe it also thinks it will be 3 boxes for expedited, which is really expensive.

I'm not making stuff up, when I manually check the shipping cost with the canada post software when it's saying the order will be 3 boxes, the expedited shipping amount is completely different than the one the contrib offers.

This is a big problem for us because not only are people seeing the wrong shipping amount, we are forced to rename it to "estimated shipping" and manually check shipping costs on all orders and change them, then manually send an invoice to the customer rather than just having the system deal with everything on its own like it's supposed to.

If it helps, we have every item weighed in KG and we don't use the dimensions. We have box sizes entered into the canada post site as well. It doesn't make sense why this thing would pick more than one box when we don't have our products measured. Even when I put measurements in, it offers more boxes and inflates the expedited shipping amount.

I guess I should summarize by saying the Expedited US Business amount is getting inflated when there is more than one box. The extra boxes are coming from limits of the Small Packets service I think. The only weird thing is the contrib doesn't know the dimensions of my products, so how could it possibly make the decision to use more than one box?

Is there anything anyone can do out there? I know this forum thread has very little discussion but I hope someone has some feedback about this issue I'm having. I can't be the only one with this problem either.

Edited by yatahaze

Ok here's the deal, this might have to do more with their system not with this contrib. I have a bubble envelope, medium box and big box, all with ample measurements for 2 of a certain item. I get a perfect shipping quote, it uses the bubble envelope and everything is good. When I add one more of that item to my cart, it still picks the bubble envelope but uses 3 boxes instead, and it picks the bubble envelope to use for all 3. It doesn't picks the medium box that has the perfect room for the items.

• 3 years later...

Has anyone called Canada Post tech support for these problems?

This module does not seem to transmit the item dimensions to Canada Post, which is what seems to be causing most of the problems with shipping calculations.