• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

:onfire: AHH going crazy!! install probs!! PLEASE read/help

dotcomhost

Here is my situation:

I have currently developed and customized the OSC2-CVS release installed via cPanel. I want to install MS2 and import EVERYTHING that i did previously. Is this possible?

I have been having some of the same problems I have read all over the forums, but i have yet to see a solution.

--------SET OF ATTEMPTS A--------

I tried running a fresh install of MS2. I didnt get very far, after reading the forums, i manually inserted the osCommerce.sql file. No problems there.

--------SET OF ATTEMPTS B--------

Next I started a fresh install in another directory and database instead of osCommerce.sql I manually inserted the .sql backup via phpmyadmin from the CVS release i worked on.

I am having this problem that i have read all over the forusm but yet to find a solution for, i am receiving this error:

The configuration files do not exist, or permission levels are not set.

Please perform the following actions: 

cd /home/thedotco/public_html/osCommerce2MS2/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

cd /home/thedotco/public_html/osCommerce2MS2/admin/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

Those files do not exist.

/admin/configuration.php is there, but thats all.

I tried downloading the MS2 zip from 5+ other places, and none of them have the needed files.

I was also going try installing MS1 then upgrade to MS2... but i cannot find a copy of MS1.

What can I do? Is preserving my work (product database/info AS WELL AS visual customization from the CVS release possible? I have been trying to find these solutions for quite some time... please offer help so i dont go and attempt playing in the 30 lane atlanta interstate traffic.

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Archived