• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! LoginBox w/ Secure Login & Password Forgotten link

Hey gang,

Before I make this into an official contribution, I want to see what you all thought. If you have any additional suggestions for me regarding the documentation, let me know.

This contribution originally started as LoginBox 5.0 by Aubrey Kilian and then was modified by Linda McGrath to be both a Login Box and a My Account Box once you were logged in.

I made the following fixes, changes and additions....

1) Fixed Product Notification link (stopped working as of 2.2ms2, now works)

2) Added "Secure Login" link

3) Added "Password Forgotten" link

4) Instead of defining seperate in /catalog/includes/languages/english/loginbox.php, LoginBox now simply uses from catalog/includes/languages/english.php:

a) HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN for box title

b) ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS for email field label

c) ENTRY_PASSWORD for password field label

d) HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF for logoff button when signed in

5) Renamed some defaults in /catalog/includes/languages/english/loginbox.php

6) Reordered My Account Info links to match order in main body

7) Fixed problem where formatting defined in catalog/styleseet.css for boxText (the "E-Mail" and "Password" text) was not applying

8) Other very minor editting and formatting of code

Yes, I know that when using SSL with osCommerce the FORM call in the LoginBox *is* secure (FORM is called via HTTPS) and that using the LoginBox on any of the pages is secure, but some site visitors want to see the lock icon on their browser before typing in their password. The "Secure Login" link was put in for those people.

http://www.worldfamouscomics.com/oscdownlo...x5_2_wfc1_0.zip

I hope this helps and let me know what you think!!

Justin =)

• 2 weeks later...
Does this contribution work with MS1?

I haven't actually tried it, but, unforutunately, I don't think it will :(.

The fixes I had to make to the original contribution (before adding my enhancements to it) for it to work in MS2 probably made it incompatible with MS1 as the issues I had fixed didn't look like typos, but the result of upgrades to osC (i.e. renamed variables and definitions).

Here's the original contribution that I believe will work in MS1...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,590

...you can try adding the same enhancements I did to it but keep it compatible with MS1.

I hope this was informative!

Justin =)

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, thanx 4 this great distribution Justin. :)

But....

I have a small problem with the languages.

When I first start up ( with default language UK ) no problem at all, but when I change my language to any other one but UK I get an error in the text >>

Password Forgotten?

In fact there is no "Password Forgotten?" text at all when other languages are used, only text like >> LOGIN_BOX_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN

The link of "Password Forgotten?" works OK in every language.

Does anyone have the solution 4 this small problem ??

THNX in advance.

In includes/languages/language.php (replace language with the actual language name), add

define('LOGIN_BOX_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN', '...whatever...');

Replace the ...whatever... with something reasonable in the language you need.

Note: this applies to pretty much all contributions. If you use languages other than English, chances are that you will have to add your own language defines.

Hth,

Matt

First of all, thanx 4 this great distribution Justin. :)

But....

I have a small problem with the languages.

When I first start up ( with default language UK ) no problem at all, but when I change my language to any other one but UK I get an error in the text >>

Password Forgotten?

In fact there is no "Password Forgotten?" text at all when other languages are used, only text like >> LOGIN_BOX_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN

The link of "Password Forgotten?" works OK in every language.

Does anyone have the solution 4 this small problem ??

THNX in advance.

And actually, if you login in with the other languages you'll find more of the same problem, it's not just with the "Password Forgotten?" text.

However, Matt is basically correct with what he said above. You need a language file for each language you use this contribution with. Specifically, in my contribution...

Find the file: languages/english/loginbox.php

*NOT* the one in: includes/boxes/loginbox.php

Make a copy of that file for each of the different languages you are using osCommerce with, then:

1) Open the file and define all the variable definitions to the appropriate language. They all look like "define ('VARIABLE', 'VALUE')" and just change where you see "VALUE" to the language you are working with. Leave "VARIABLE" alone.

2) Upload it to languages/YOURLANGUAGE/loginbox.php

3) Done B)!

I hope this helps!!

Justin =)

Find the file: languages/english/loginbox.php

2) Upload it to languages/YOURLANGUAGE/loginbox.php

Oops, in the above two statements, I meant to say...

"Find the file: includes/languages/english/loginbox.php"

and

"2) Upload it to includes/languages/YOURLANGUAGE/loginbox.php"

I neglected to mention that all the languages directories you need to work with are in includes/.

Justin =)

Thanks so much for the contribution, it works great!  I have a question: I'd like to implement Autologon with this contribution, does anyone know how I'd do that?

I'm glad you've found this contribution useful :). I hadn't had a chance to try getting it to work with Autologon. Maybe someone who has will chime in?

Justin =)

• 1 month later...

When I try to do this I always get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_loginbox_greeting_top() in /var/www/web6/html/catalog/includes/boxes/loginbox.php on line 49

and it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Ciao

Andr? :o

Edited by AS-N

• 2 weeks later...

This should be pretty simple. I installed loginbox and put it in my columnsleft.php but because it is so wide, the left column is now toooo wide. The column width was fine before I added loginbox to it. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can keep it in the column but not have it so wide. Take a look at what I mean. Thanks.

I would like to have it look like how it looks at www.digispan.net .

www.jaamor.com

Edited by JanetMor