• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate 2.6 - blank page result...

bmasella

I'm a newbie... (maybe part of the problem)

I have a ton of products that I want to upload so I searched and found Easy Populate. My configuration of OSC is standard with a couple of exceptions... Content is on a network drive //netdrive/vvs/store and as you can see I didn't use the /catalog directory.

I've reviewed the config and made the change to the $tempdir to reflect /store/temp... everything else is standard with no changes made.

What I get:

In the Download section:

Download Complete option: Blank page displays with a url of: http://www.mydomain.com/store/admin/easypo...eam&dltype=full

Download Model/Price/Qty option: Download dialog box in IE, if I select the OPEN option I get a cannot find file message pointing to the IE temp directory. If I choose the save option I get an empty file.

Download Model/Category option: I get a blank page with the same URL as above on the type is category.

I also tried an upload: I took the sample that was part of the package and attempted to upload it to the OSC default database. I get:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:DOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempphp3DD6.tmp

User filename: storeimp.txt

Size: 33546

But if I go and look at the catalog I have no new categories created and I can't find the item anywhere.

I've tried:

Re-reading the install to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Re-download and install thinking I might have a corruped file

Changing the temp directory to reflect multiple combinations of things including the full //Network/directory/store/temp and many variants of /store/temp with and without the slashes, etc...

I'm at a loss. I don't know what else to try. Any ideas would be helpful. I have literally hudreds of items already in a spreadsheet that I don't want to have to add manually.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

I thought I would try to eliminate the Network drive as a problem so I installed everything (OSC and Easy Pop.) on the same drive as the web server... Same results and I created the database tables from scratch using the default installed info.

Just for the heck of it I tried Excel Import... I could get it to work but it didn't like my data and rejected it. I didn't spend any more time on it since I knew that it was actually reading the data.

My next question... could there be a flag somewhere in the php.ini file that is turned off that needs to be turned on for this thing to work?

Like I said before I would really like for this to work for me.

-= Bill =-

Whater version pf osc commerce?

What version of Easy Populate?

You set the temp dir to 777?

check with your host, because none of this appears to be ep related.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Version of os is the 2.2MS2 version, I just downloaded it the day before I did Easy Populate.

Easy Populate is 2.61 according to the currver in the easypopulate.php file.

It is running on a Windows XP Pro System - I have not set the temp directory to be a read only directory.

I am the host.

temp directory has to be world writable. I don't know how you do that on a windows machine.

I don't know what to tell you about the blank page, there are other posts in the forums about blank pages, and I do not know if they were all windows host related.

It is WORLD writeable... No attributes are set on the directory at all.

Is there any special php.ini settings that I might need to get this thing going? Maybe someone that has it going could email me a copy of their php.ini file so I can check to make sure that it isn't there. bmasellaATqwestDOTnet

Everything else in osc works fine.

Also, has anyone had success just populating the SQL database directly? What tables would I need to be concerned about?

No, there are no special settings that are needed. Sounds like you need a visit to php tutorial land :) mySql and phpMyAdmin do allow you to import information directly via excel csv files, you have to go look at the database structure and read up on how.

Check the wiki.oscommerce.com and see if there is a tutorial there.