• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution Update] All Prods v2.4

Farrukh

hi,

Does anyone know what should be put into this piece of code to replace 'arabianbazaar' in allprods.php around line 144?

$this_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,  'arabianbazaar=' . str_replace(" ", "_", $this_name). '&products_id=' . $this_id . (($this_language_code == DEFAULT_LANGUAGE) ? '' : ('&language=' . $this_language_code)), 'NONSSL', false);

thanks

korsh

I have two different languages in my site and everytime I hit one product in the all products result I go to the product info page in english, how can I fix that?

im using french and english also and each time i click on a product in the french part , it shows me the english product !

any idea .?

MS2

• 2 weeks later...

yip..due to a really stupid beginner's code error...haha..2 loops (for) using the same variable $i. Just find the second "for" in allprods.php (line 113) and change i>j..use $j instead of $i for all lines in the for-loop. Now you should have your list of products for each language and with the correct link. This my code :

for ($j = 0; $j < $num_prods; $j++) // Traverse Rows // DDB - 031116 - change i-> j

{

// Rotate Row Colors

if ($j % 2) // Odd Row

{

$row_col = 'class="productListing-odd"';

}

else // Guess...

{

$row_col = 'class="productListing-even"';

}

$this_id = $products_array[$j]['id'];

$this_name = $products_array[$j]['name'];

$this_model = $products_array[$j]['model'];

$this_manufacturer = $products_array[$j]['manufacturer'];

$this_price = $products_array[$j]['price'];

$this_special = $products_array[$j]['special'];

$this_tax = $products_array[$j]['tax'];

$this_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'name=' . urlencode($this_name). '&products_id=' . $this_id . '&language=' . $this_language_code, 'NONSSL', false); // DDB - 031115 - dropped use of DEFAULT_LANGUAGE

echo "<tr $row_col>";

echo "<td class='productListing-data' align='left'><a href='$this_url'>$this_name</a></td>";

echo "<td class='productListing-data' align='left'><a href='$this_url'>$this_model</a></td>";

echo "<td class='productListing-data' align='center'><a href='$this_url'>$this_manufacturer</a></td>";

if (tep_not_null($this_special))

{

echo "<td class='productListing-data' align='right'><a href='$this_url'><span class='productSpecialPrice'>".$currencies->display_price($this_special, tep_get_tax_rate($this_tax))."</span></a></td>";

}

else

{

echo "<td class='productListing-data' align='right'><a href='$this_url'>".$currencies->display_price($this_price, tep_get_tax_rate($this_tax))."</a></td>";

}

echo "</tr>\n";

}

This should work !

Didier.

Attention ! The special prices are NOT displayed. Something is missing in the database query to retrieve the specials.special_new_products_price. This is the db query to use (allprods.php, line 97) :

m.manufacturers_name, s.specials_new_products_price from " .

Some other errors with this contrib in case you want to know :

- records are not unique if products used in different categories (use patch described in this thread)

- only english is displayed. Apply patch described in post just above to have all products listed for each language

- header of table is not language specific. Patch is available.

Hope this helps you...now just curious to see what Google is gonna do with it...

Didier.

Spaceboy - daniel

ur tweak seems to work with version 2.4 but not with version 2.61 ?!

could we release a proper new version 2.62

with :

1.records are not unique if products used in different categories (use patch described in this thread)

2. only english is displayed. Apply patch described in post just above to have all products listed for each language

3. header of table is not language specific. Patch is available.

4.and also make only one file with the use of configuration in the php file like:

show model = true/false

show manufacturer = true/false

5. does someone can tell me what do i have to add to the query so product with price = 0 are not shown

MS2

Just a tip for those of you that may have special characters in your product titles or names. This contrib does not deal at all gracefully with some of them. I have several product titles that contain single quotes and slashes. The links rendered are broken.

To fix this you can add something similar to the following hack around line 145:

$foo = str_replace("'","_",$this_name);   //replace single quotes
$tmp_name = str_replace("/","_",$foo);  //replace slash

Then change the var this_name in the $this_url = statment to the tmp_name variable mentioned above. You can repeat the above as many times as needed. The URL will contain underscores where necessary, but the actual description seen by a surfer should they see the page will look normal.

Hope this helps someone.

-MichaelC

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using v2.61 and the Spacecowboy's patch for multiple languages did not work for me: I have 3 languages configured, and the patch displays 3 times each product, but all with same language.

Solution is in the allprods.php, line 107, $products_query: replace $languages_id by $this_language_id.

Now it works...

If you want to display only one language at a time, then forget the modification of the precedent post and just put the line 91: for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($languages_array); $i++) as comment. Like that only the current language will be processed, no more loop. You can also get rid of some more lines if you don't want the loop, but let's keep it simple for now.

Sorry I wrote too fast the previous post. To get the product list only in the selected language, see the following code, it starts at line 84 for me:

- WHERE clause added in $languages_query

- for loop as comment.

- $i=0 added to point to the only row of $languages_array

$languages_query = tep_db_query("select languages_id, name, code, image, directory from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " WHERE languages_id=".(int)$languages_id." order by sort_order"); 
         while ($languages = tep_db_fetch_array($languages_query)) { 
           $languages_array[] = array('id' => $languages['languages_id'], 
                                      'name' => $languages['name'], 
                                      'code' => $languages['code'], 
                                      'image' => $languages['image'], 
                                      'directory'   => $languages['directory']); 
         } 
   // Next line commented to get a product list according to selected language.
  //                 for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($languages_array); $i++) 
                   { 
	 $i=0;           
           $this_language_id = $languages_array[$i]['id']; 
           $this_language_name = $languages_array[$i]['name']; 
           $this_language_code = $languages_array[$i]['code']; 
           $this_language_image = $languages_array[$i]['image']; 
           $this_language_directory = $languages_array[$i]['directory']; 
   echo " <tr>\n";

Seems that I like to post today...

One detail, maybe somebody pointed it out already but I didnt see:

allprods.php line 20, NAVBAR_TITLE must be used instead of HEADING_TITLE for the $breadcrumb.

• 1 month later...

Any chance I can get a Play by Play of changes made in the ReadMe?

6). Replace or compare the files included in catalog/includes/boxes

This is not helping me any, as I have numerous modifications already and have no idea how to do a file compare that would give me the accurate changes.

Scooterboy

Spiders will follow links.

I would like to do it to add functionality for customers.

Yes, spiders will follow links, but if you split the listing into pages will you not have '<<previous -- next>>' buttons at the bottom of the page that have to be clicked before the next page is generated and displayed?

Can spiders click those 'next page' buttons ...?

If not, it seems an either/or situation: page it for use by the customers, or don't page it and get the spiders indexing all your stock.

Just a thought ... anyone know for sure...?

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
All Products for osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 1 & 2

version 3.0 by Ingo Malchow, [email protected]

released under the GNU General Public License

for the community of osCommerce

Ok.. I am tring to install the above version of all products. Can someone explain to me what this means:

2. add the lines in:

/catalog/includes/filenames.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english.php

/catalog/includes/languages/german.php

into your files with the same path and name.

Attention! Don't replace!!! Add only lines beginning with "define".

Im a little lost. Add What line to these files?

Can someone send me or post a set of clear instructions? Please.

Thanks

Tammy

All Products for osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 1 & 2

version 3.0 by Ingo Malchow, [email protected]

released under the GNU General Public License

for the community of osCommerce

Ok.. I am tring to install the above version of all products. Can someone explain to me what this means:

2. add the lines in:

/catalog/includes/filenames.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english.php

/catalog/includes/languages/german.php

into your files with the same path and name.

Attention! Don't replace!!! Add only lines beginning with "define".

Im a little lost. Add What line to these files?

Can someone send me or post a set of clear instructions? Please.

Thanks

Tammy

If you take a look in each of those files you will find the line of code that needs to be added to the existing file of that name inside your catalog folder. For example, in filenames.php (in the mod) you will find:

<?php

/*
 add the following line in your catalog/includes/filenames.php
*/

define('FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS', 'all_products.php');   // all products and used categories

?>

So you find /catalog/includes/filenames.php on your PC or server and add the line in the mod to the line(s) already in that file on your PC/server.

eg. in the above example you would add the line:

define('FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS', 'all_products.php');   // all products and used categories

:rolleyes: