• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW - Tab Page Unlimited v1.0

sfoust

I just contruted a tab menu system that I created using Information Pages Unlimited v1.1e as a starting pace. I simply reworked the display interface so that it would operate from tabs instead.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1448

It handles both plain text tabs as well as image based tabs.

A version that takes advantage of

MS2 HTML WYSIWYG Editor, Product Desc, Email + http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1347

will be coming out in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont use (or know about) the Copermine code you are refering to.

However, I just put togeather a little hack that may (or may not) work for you.

In the tab.php file, find:

<?php echo $TAB_DESCRIPTION; ?>

and replace it with:

<?php 

if ( strlen($TAB_DESCRIPTION) - strpos($TAB_DESCRIPTION, '.php') == 4 ) require( $TAB_DESCRIPTION );

else echo $TAB_DESCRIPTION;

?>

With this code in place, the tab system check to see if the last four characters of the discription is '.php'. If it is then the tab system will assume that it is a php file name and perform a require on it (try to load and execute that php file).

Things to note:

1) if the file is found in the catalog folder, you wont need to enter a path.

2) if you do need a path, and the path is within the catalog path, dont use a leading slash (use gallery/index.php not /gallery/index.php).

3) no trailing white space or carage returns.

4) if you are using the WYSIWYG version, check the HTML and make sure it didn't automatily turn it in to a link.

Hope this works for you.

It works!!

Now, to rework the gallery code to exist within OSC.

The php works, there are alot of references, includes, etc.. that

are conflicting with OSC

I should really rework the Copermine to OSC standards and formats.

I just posted a version of Tab Pages Unlimited

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1448

that includes support for WYSIWYG.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1347

The support files are not mine. They were created by MaxiDVD for use with the Information Pages Unlimted contribution.

Hi all

I am sorry enter in your discussion, but I like to install the tab pages unlimited and would like to know if the MULTI LANGUAGES is supported.

I have intalled the information unlimited that said multi languages and it doesn't support it... (I don't know why)

Thanks

Salvo

azer:

If you use the standard version, no, not specifically. Changing the defaults would effect the text color I'm sure, but I haven't investigated it.

If you use the WYSIWYG version, yes. There is a pull down in the editor that allows you to choose setting from the CSS (boxText, errorBox, stockWarnings, infoBox, infoBoxContents, etc.). I don't know if adding a new type to CSS is automatically added to the list or if it is something you need to add by hand. I haven't gotten that far in the development of my site.

Salvo:

The internal workings are still 'Information Pages Unlimited 1.1e'. I have seen that there is allot of infrastructure in the code for multi languages. When testing with the default site I notice that the tab system disappears when ever I change to one of the other languages (presumably because I haven't created a set of pages for that language). But, I really don't know how to switch languages on the admin side.

You could try asking on this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46434

Any info you get from that thread should work for Tab Pages.

• 2 weeks later...

Salvo: (and anyone else interested in multi languages)

I think I figured out now multi languages are supported to work for Information Pages Unlimited (and there for Tab Pages Unlimited).

From the very first admin page (the blue box screen) you will see a language pull-down in the upper right corner. Choose the language there first, before you continue on to Tab Manager.

Let me know if this actually works for you (I didn't install the other language support files so I get an error).

Scott.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_tab_image_button() (previously declared in /home/httpd/vhosts/rainbowstop.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/tab_html_output.php:15) in /home/httpd/vhosts/rainbowstop.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/tab_html_output.php on line 15

I get the following error

and can you help me.

it was working just fine.. and now it is not.

Thank you

Naomi

noppie,

Humm, it WAS working but now it's not. That forces me to ask "What did you change ?!" :?

This error means that the tab_html_output.php file is being 'required' twice some how.

You could solve the problem by replacing the contents of that file with this code:

<?php

/*

Module: Tab Pages Unlimited

File date: 2003/03/02

Based on the FAQ script of adgrafics

Adjusted by Joeri Stegeman (joeri210 at yahoo.com), The Netherlands

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Output a function button in the selected language

if (!function_exists(tep_tab_image_button)){

function tep_tab_image_button($image, $alt = '', $params = '') {

global $language;

return tep_image(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/' . $image, $alt, '', '', $params);

}

}

?>

But that is really fixing the symptom and not the cause.

So if you changed something (and I know you did ;) ) then it would be best to find out where tab_html_output.php is being 'required' a second time. Maybe you pasted two of those lines into application_top.php.

Scott.

Thank you Scott for the reply

Your reply helped me to find the problem. I am just learning php-- which i love and so I don't have a great understanding and just didn't know where to look.

In the 0scommerce 2.2 they have in the admin/includes/

a file called filenames.php

and I had added the

//BEGIN Tab pages unlimited

define('TABLE_TAB', 'tab');

define('FILENAME_TAB_MANAGER', 'tab_manager.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'tab_html_output.php');

//END Tab pages unlimited

there and my application.top.php

so when you said it may have been added twice to the :oops: application.top.php I knew where to look.. I fixed it and it works.

so thank you so much.

Naomi :D

• 2 weeks later...
In the tab.php file, find:

<?php echo $TAB_DESCRIPTION; ?>

and replace it with:

<?php 

if ( strlen($TAB_DESCRIPTION) - strpos($TAB_DESCRIPTION, '.php') == 4 ) require( $TAB_DESCRIPTION );

else echo $TAB_DESCRIPTION;

?>

With this code in place, the tab system check to see if the last four characters of the discription is '.php'. If it is then the tab system will assume that it is a php file name and perform a require on it (try to load and execute that php file).

Scott

kewl mod dude,, thanks for all the hard work.

If I may pick ya brain for a second..

I wanted to have a tab call a php file,, say conditons.php which is listed in the information box. the thought,, is to move it from information box to a tab,,

I added the code u had given to check for last 4 being .php

with that code in there,,, if its not php it works fine,, if i type in,, say,, conditions.php i get the following error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/pencilb/public_html/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/pencilb/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

actually,, it dont seem to matter what i type in,, if its a .php in the last 4 i get this same error..

any ideals on why it worked b4 and not for me,,

i am running ms2 by the way

anyway,, Thanks in advance for any thoughts or info.

Regards

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I am also getting the same error whenever I try to link the tab to a .php file.

Any help?

Thanks

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/pencilb/public_html/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/pencilb/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

msheno01

I never got a reply either.

I ended up hard coding the tabs in, but this has caused another problem,, the tab image always shows the selected tab, thus all my tabs look the same color regardless of selected or not, but untill Someone can advise otherwise, this is my only option.

Would love to have this work as discribed,,

Regards

Tom

• 2 months later...
msheno01

I never got a reply either.

I ended up hard coding the tabs in, but this has caused another problem,, the tab image always shows the selected tab, thus all my tabs look the same color regardless of selected or not, but untill Someone can advise otherwise, this is my only option.

Would love to have this work as discribed,,

Regards

Tom

Qwiz, sorry for not getting back to you. I am not getting email alerts when messages are posted in this topic any more.

Any how, to respond to your problem, you can't simply point the Tab system at most OSC php files and expect it to work. Most have many references to other parts of OSC that have already been called when the Tab page started up. To use your example of conditions.php, all the header and footer stuff needs to be removed. All you want is the code that strickly deals with the conditions.php tasks. I created a new file that I called conditions2.php with all necessary edits. Here it is:

<?php
/*
 $Id: conditions.php,v 1.22 2003/06/05 23:26:22 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CONDITIONS);

?>

<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_specials.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
               <td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->

Basicly remove everthing above

<!-- body_text //-->

and below

<!-- body_text_eof //-->.

And in the case of this example, you need to keep,

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CONDITIONS);

so that it can load it's language spicific defines.

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I try Tab Manager on OS 2.2

I'm great working this Contributions...

I want type my tap picture a link. How can I use Link this tab image?

For example...

I've got ( NOTEBOOKS) image..on TAB...

I want a type direct " www.mypage.com/notebooks.php" link.

Do you help me?

Thanks.

[email protected]

Edited by strat