• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Airborne Express Quotes using ShipIT XML API

dreamscape

- Domestic shipping quotes for Airborne using the ShipIT XML API.

- Requires cURL.

- After installation read the included docs for full details & configration options.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1440

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

I upload all the files into their location. and went to module-shipping-airborne in admin. click on install. nothing happens but refresh the screen...

Can anyone help?

this module is designed for the new shipping module architecture. It has been tested on MS1 and works ok. Really any osc version post November 2002 *should* be ok. It should work on MS2 as well, unless they have changed the shipping module architecture

- Edmund Burke

I see

'This enables you to choose from the several shipping methods Airborne offers: Ground, Second Day Service, Next Afternoon, Express, Express 10:30 AM, and Express Saturday'

in the methods availble in the docs... but will this module handle international shipping?

-D. M. 8)

Airborne does not currently have international shipping implemented into their XML API. This module uses the XML API; thus it is impossible to get international rates. If you would like International rates as well, there is an airborne international shipping module that uses Airborne's HTML rate quote (which will very for user to user on the accuracy of the quote):

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...hlight=airborne

- Edmund Burke

Mine is MS2 2.2 . didn't work... :cry:

I just downloaded & installed a fresh copy of MS2. Then I installed the Airborne XML API module and went to admin and hit install beside it. It installed just fine and I can set all the options and the module works fine. I know of others also using MS2 and this module with no problems. So your problem either must be something else you have installed or an incorrect install of the module. I would suggest uninstalling it (removing all the files) and re-installing it.

- Edmund Burke

• 4 weeks later...

Airborne Express ShipIT XML API v1.1 release

CHANGELOG

===============================================

v1.1 - 8/20/2003 (thanks to Axe for notification of these bugs)

- Fixed bug where rate return would fail if the shipment date was the weekend.

- Added option for either set shipment day (Monday-Friday) or ship in x number of days (roll to Monday if x number of days lands on Saturday or Sunday).

- Fixed bug where module failed if other shipping modules were also in use.

- Added necessary Airborne Customer Agreement to the package.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1440

- Edmund Burke

• 2 months later...

I just installed this mod and I get this error in checkout;

An error occured with the Airborne Express shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use Airborne Express as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I am using Ian's Loaded snapshot Nov.2002. Has anyone got this mod to work with this snapshot?

does you server have cURL installed with SSL support?

that error is displayed when the module is unable to contact the Airborne server. If there is an error in getting the quotes, it will display the error returned from Airborne (such as invalid password, invalid account number, package size too large, etc).

So my initial guess is that the Airborne server is not even being contacted. The current version of this module requires cURL with SSL support, so be sure your server has this installed and that it is exectuable by PHP using the path `/usr/bin/curl`

Edited by dreamscape

- Edmund Burke

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping someone that uses the Airborne shipping module can shed some light on an easy question.

When configuring the Shipping Module in Admin, one of the items that is asked for is a "Shipping Key". Now... I have an Account number, Login ID and password, but no Shipping Key. I have called Airborne and no one there is aware of anything called a Shipping Key.

Anyone know what the Shipping Key is referring to?

Thanks.

-R

Edited by ugottasalsa

• 2 months later...

how to get your shipping key is outlined in the included Docs (linked to from the admin modules page):

[2.2]Obtain your shipping keys

Once you have your Airborne account number, you will need to fill out the Shipping with Airborne via osCommerce & AIRBORNE EXPRESS AGREEMENT FOR CUSTOMERS PDF documents that came packaged with this module (ShipIT_setup_request.pdf & ShipIT_Customer_Agreement.pdf) and follow the instructions. Once Airborne has received your signed agreements, a shipping key will be emailed to you.

Edited by dreamscape

- Edmund Burke

which version are you using (of my module)?

The latest version uses the PHP cURL functions, so it should work if cURL has been properly compiled into your PHP install. Failing to use the PHP cURL functions, it will attempt to use cURL via the system exec() command, which uses the default cURL location of /usr/bin/curl. If you do not have the PHP cURL functions available to you and need to change the location to exec() cURL, you'd want to open /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/airborne.php and change line 284 to have your path for curl. Below is the default line for reference:

exec("/usr/bin/curl -d \"$request\" https://eCommerce.airborne.com/$api", $response);

- Edmund Burke