• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

multi vendor shipping questions

jimd

I have a few questions before I install the multi vendor shipping contribution.

#1) Similar to the description, I ship from home, and 2 outside locations. Will this contribution allow me to give it 3 different zip codes as the origin?

#2) has the contribution been used on MS2?

Thanks for any help available.

JImD

• 3 weeks later...

It will not let you use three diffrent zip codes. This would not be too hard to support but I have no plans for adding this option to the module but I will write it down.

It does work with OSC 2 Mile Stone 1 which is the version of OSC I am currently running but I have not yet tested it with MS 2.

I am using loaded 5 (which of course is MS1) and I want to use Multivendor Shipping because I also have a drop shipper and when their products get mixed with mine within an order the shipping calculation goes haywire.

It seemed from the threads I read that people were having a lot of difficulty removing the UPS module and replacing it with something else.

I wanted to use UK postal rates (zones-based), special delivery and store pickup for my own products. Products from the drop shipper use a courier service. These rates would be again dependent on zones but different rates (Scottish Islands and Northern Ireland would be split out from the rest of the UK). The courier rates wouldn't need to extend beyond Europe because shipping would be too expensive.

Do you think is possible that I could use the Multi Vendor Shipping contribution?

• 2 months later...