• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

Having trouble with version 4.0.2

For some reason, any time I edit a customer made order, my "MI TAX 6%" line will just disappear.

When I goto the order edit screen this is listed between the Sub-Total and the Total line as it should but it is not updated just like the total box isn't updated. As soon as I hit update the order is updated without the tax!!! and my MI TAX 6% line is gone, including from the database!

Any Idea why or where to look?

[email protected]

Thanks

Anthony

Very cool contribution I must say first off. I installed 4.0.2 and I just have small very small issues. First thing first though. On my edit_orders.php it doesn't fit the screen I have to scroll off the screen so I don't know if their is a fix for that or if that is the way it is suppose to be?

Also at the very top of that same file I have this

<!---- BEGIN SHIPPING MODULE BLOCK ---------->

So is their something I need to edit or do to fix this scroll issue?

-Thanks

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Very cool contribution I must say first off. I installed 4.0.2 and I just have small very small issues. First thing first though. On my edit_orders.php it doesn't fit the screen I have to scroll off the screen so I don't know if their is a fix for that or if that is the way it is suppose to be?

Also at the very top of that same file I have this

<!---- BEGIN SHIPPING MODULE BLOCK ---------->

So is their something I need to edit or do to fix this scroll issue?

-Thanks

Don't know why this is the only one that shows up but in admin/edit_orders.php around line 2272, I just deleted that entire line. It doesn't appear to affect functionality in any way.

Anthony

Thanks, that was a fairly easy one. I didn't know if it played part in the reason that file didn't fit on the screen.

Any reason why you have to scroll and edit_orders.php doesn't fit on the screen?

-Thanks

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

i installed v5. made the four bug fixes changes..now i get tax displayed properly ..finally..but i got one problem..

the display is streched and not in focus.. even the menu in the admin panel is out of place when i click on edit order..

i have attached a picture. to give u an idea..pic

thanks in advance

I'm assuming from the description that you are trying to install v5.0.

It sounds like you have bad settings on your server or a problem with your configuration file. If you have an open_basedir restriction that prevents you from loading a file on the catalog side into the admin side, how can you install or modify payment or shipping modules? In the event that your server settings for open_basedir are correct, I would look at your configure file admin/includes/configure.php, specifically the settings DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT and DIR_WS_CLASSES. However, it seems like if either/both of those were incorrect you would be having other problems.

That being said, you can try this: copy the file catalog/includes/classes/http_client.php into the folder admin/order_editor (do not delete the file from it's original folder, you will still need it there).

Then in each of the two files admin/edit_orders.php and admin/edit_orders_ajax.php find the following code:

require(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'http_client.php');

and change each instance (it should only occur once per file) to

require('order_editor/http_client.php');

Please let us know how this goes; if your settings and configuration are otherwise correct, I may start including the http_client file with future releases to prevent this from happening again.

Wow - thanks for your response. Figured out the error, had to do with the different paths on a https:// and http:// server. Ovbiously if you run from the https:// and www should be wwws in the path. Thanks :) Fixed up the whole secure/unsecure story though!

Another error though - does not seem to be compatible with the surcharge contribution. Any idea's where I can start?

Fatal error: Unknown(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition manualcart of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ the session was started in /usr/www/users/ngrcfb/includes/modules/order_total/ot_surcharge.php on line 80

i installed v5. made the four bug fixes changes..now i get tax displayed properly ..finally..but i got one problem..

the display is streched and not in focus.. even the menu in the admin panel is out of place when i click on edit order..

i have attached a picture. to give u an idea..pic

thanks in advance

It looks like there is absolutely no CSS formatting on the page. Do you have CSS enabled on your browser? If so, have you uploaded the CSS files that came with osCommerce and Order Editor?

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

The function is defined in functions/general.php

Wait- are we talking about the new order confirmation email, the status update email, or both?

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Wow - thanks for your response. Figured out the error, had to do with the different paths on a https:// and http:// server. Ovbiously if you run from the https:// and www should be wwws in the path. Thanks :) Fixed up the whole secure/unsecure story though!

Another error though - does not seem to be compatible with the surcharge contribution. Any idea's where I can start?

Fatal error: Unknown(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition manualcart of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ the session was started in /usr/www/users/ngrcfb/includes/modules/order_total/ot_surcharge.php on line 80

Make sure you have performed all the bugfixes for this release, especially post 2126. Are you getting this error when trying to update the order totals using AJAX?

Thanks, that was a fairly easy one. I didn't know if it played part in the reason that file didn't fit on the screen.

Any reason why you have to scroll and edit_orders.php doesn't fit on the screen?

-Thanks

This has actually been a problem with Order Editor for a long, long time, but as far as I know you are the first person to mention it here. It most likely has to do with the amount of information stored in the ordered products table and your screen resolution.

One possible workaround is to install a contribution such as Admin DHTML Menu. This contribution will turn your sidebar menu into a fly-out menu across the top of the page. Saves a lot of space and time.

It looks like there is absolutely no CSS formatting on the page. Do you have CSS enabled on your browser? If so, have you uploaded the CSS files that came with osCommerce and Order Editor?

hi

thanks for getting back to me.

yes i have uploaded all the files as mentioned in the install file.rest of the admin area is perfect..its only when i click on edit orders it messes up..When i had order editor 2.9 installed, display was perfect.I followed the instructions as mentioned in the file, which file is mostly likey to be messing this up....

i do have two edit buttons for some reason.I tried both and they both do the same thing..Kind of lost here..but will keep trying :thumbsup::) ..would appreciate a nudge in the right direction..

many thanks for your support..

naf

you were right.. some how path to the stylesheet got messed up in order editor.. i get my prices the way i want them . :rolleyes:

I do have two edit buttons ..not sure why.. or is there a reason why we have two,,

naf

I'm confsed about the final instruction in the intall file:

You must modify your shipping modules (under admin/includes/modules/shipping ONLY! ) to use oe_order.php

The admin/includes/functions/general.php does not include the function necessary for retrieving countries

with their iso codes. This function has been included in admin/includes/functions/oe_functions.php

tep_get_countries_iso(country_id, true);

this will return an array with the country id, name and iso codes.

you must use this function to retrieve your destination country iso code, eg.

$dest_country = tep_get_countries_iso($order->delivery['country_id'],true);

$iso_code = $dest_country['countries_iso_code_2'];

you must also change all occurances of

$order->delivery['country']['id']

TO $order->delivery['country_id']

I have done everything elese and the tool seems to be working except for shipping so I have not done the above.

For example, what would I need to change in my flat shipping file:

<?php
/*
 $Id: flat.php,v 1.40 2003/02/05 22:41:52 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

class flat {
var $code, $title, $description, $icon, $enabled;

// class constructor
function flat() {
  global $order;

$this->code = 'flat';
  $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE;
  $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
  $this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_SORT_ORDER;
  $this->icon = '';
  $this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TAX_CLASS;
  $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_ZONE > 0) ) {
	$check_flag = false;
	$check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->delivery['country_id'] . "' order by zone_id");
	while ($check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query)) {
	  if ($check['zone_id'] < 1) {
		$check_flag = true;
		break;
	  } elseif ($check['zone_id'] == $order->delivery['zone_id']) {
		$check_flag = true;
		break;
	  }
	}

if ($check_flag == false) {
	  $this->enabled = false;
	}
  }
}

// class methods
function quote($method = '') {
  global $order;

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
						'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE,
						'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,
												 'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY,
												 'cost' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_COST)));

if ($this->tax_class > 0) {
	$this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country_id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
  }

if (tep_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = tep_image($this->icon, $this->title);

return $this->quotes;
}

function check() {
  if (!isset($this->_check)) {
	$check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_STATUS'");
	$this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
  }
  return $this->_check;
}

function install() {
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable Flat Shipping', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to offer flat rate shipping?', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Shipping Cost', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_COST', '5.00', 'The shipping cost for all orders using this shipping method.', '6', '0', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Class', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_tax_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Shipping Zone', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '0', now())");
}

function remove() {
  tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
}

function keys() {
  return array('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_STATUS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_COST', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TAX_CLASS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_ZONE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_SORT_ORDER');
}
 }
?>

THANKS

Wait- are we talking about the new order confirmation email, the status update email, or both?

Hey dj

from eo page when updating an order status with customer notify & comments... the email is sent with comments but just cant get it to send the order number in the format i use:

using the following EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . tep_trans_id($order->info['date_purchased'],$_POST['oID']) . "\n" . no order number is sent at all, the function is defined in admin/functions/general.php

any ideas!!

I just have small very small issues. First thing first though. On my edit_orders.php it doesn't fit the screen I have to scroll off the screen so I don't know if their is a fix for that or if that is the way it is suppose to be?

-Thanks

I would like to upgrade from v1.81 by djmonkey1 to a current version. Can anyone recommend where to start?

Should I just try to modify the files or try to uninstall the old then reinstall the newest version. Seems like there has been a lot of progress since my initial installation!

thank you for any advice,

Leslie

I just have small very small issues. First thing first though. On my edit_orders.php it doesn't fit the screen I have to scroll off the screen so I don't know if their is a fix for that or if that is the way it is suppose to be?

-Thanks

This has actually been a problem with Order Editor for a long, long time, but as far as I know you are the first person to mention it here. It most likely has to do with the amount of information stored in the ordered products table and your screen resolution.

One possible workaround is to install a contribution such as Admin DHTML Menu. This contribution will turn your sidebar menu into a fly-out menu across the top of the page. Saves a lot of space and time.

Hey dj

from eo page when updating an order status with customer notify & comments... the email is sent with comments but just cant get it to send the order number in the format i use:

using the following EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . tep_trans_id($order->info['date_purchased'],$_POST['oID']) . "\n" . no order number is sent at all, the function is defined in admin/functions/general.php

any ideas!!

In admin/edit_orders.php there are two instances of

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . (int)$oID . "\n" .

make sure you change both.

In admin/edit_orders_ajax.php there is one instance of

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $_POST['oID'] . "\n" .

that must be changed as previously mentioned.

In admin/edit_orders_ajax.php there is also an instance of

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . (int)$_GET['oID'] . "\n" .

that must be changed to

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . tep_trans_id($order->info['date_purchased'],$_GET['oID']) . "\n" .

I would like to upgrade from v1.81 by djmonkey1 to a current version. Can anyone recommend where to start?

Should I just try to modify the files or try to uninstall the old then reinstall the newest version. Seems like there has been a lot of progress since my initial installation!

thank you for any advice,

Leslie

I recommend v5.0. It comes with upgrade instructions and with the four bug fixes listed in my signature applied is stable.

you were right.. some how path to the stylesheet got messed up in order editor.. i get my prices the way i want them . :rolleyes:

I do have two edit buttons ..not sure why.. or is there a reason why we have two,,

naf

Where do these two edit buttons appear?

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think the above menu will help any as it scrolls waaaay off to the right. So just taking away a inch from the left will still make it scroll off the screen. This is the only file that does that. I will post screen shots soon, but in the meantime is their a fix for this somewhere in the html?

As far as my screen resolution I am using a Viewsonic Flat screen 19 inch widescreen LCD HD monitor running the recommended 1440x900 resolution for this monitor with a ATI Pro Radeon X1300 video card. I highly doubt it is hardware issues since it only does it for this file. Oh yea and I am using the latest Firefox.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think the above menu will help any as it scrolls waaaay off to the right. So just taking away a inch from the left will still make it scroll off the screen. This is the only file that does that. I will post screen shots soon, but in the meantime is their a fix for this somewhere in the html?

As far as my screen resolution I am using a Viewsonic Flat screen 19 inch widescreen LCD HD monitor running the recommended 1440x900 resolution for this monitor with a ATI Pro Radeon X1300 video card. I highly doubt it is hardware issues since it only does it for this file. Oh yea and I am using the latest Firefox.

Then that's not it then. I was thinking something more along the lines of 800x600. :) Admin DHTML Menu is still a nice contribution though.

It might be something with the HTML. I have not gotten a chance to look through 4.0 yet myself so cannot be much more help.

yea the Admin DHTML Menu does sound nice I will have to check it out.

I really think it is a HTML issue but I really haven't taken the time to look into it. I am sure it could probably just all be wrapped in a table but before I started digging around I thought I would ask first to see if this was an issue and if their was an easy fix for it.

Take a look at the screen shots below to see how it looks. Notice the bottom scroll bar and look how far it will let you scroll to the right.

ordereditgu0.png

orderedit1mj5.png

-Thanks