• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

I have a very special problem i havent read about in this forum yet.

When trying to add a product i get the following error:

CGIWrap Error: Execution of this script not permitted

Script is not a regular file

Somehow this error seems to belong to search_suggest.php

Does anybody know how to help?

Regards,

Ralf

That sounds like something going on with your webhost. I'd check with them and see what it is about this file that they don't want to run it.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

On a transaction yesterday I had some very unusual problems in my order editor. I'm also using KGT's Discount Coupon Codes contribution. When I look at the transaction details all the numbers are correct but when I went into the editor the discount was applied AFTER the tax rather than before the tax, therefore the tax amounts and total were different.

The checkout process calculated everything correctly (subtotal - discount + tax = total). It was only in the editor that the numbers were skewed.

Any ideas?

Anthony

You have to customize Order Editor to take the discount into account when calculating taxes.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hy DJMonkey,

with Orderedito 2.51 it doesn´t work !!!

Please, help. I need qtpro and an Ordereditor. Did anybody know a contrib that works?

king regards

Craxx;)

That's the only patch that I know of. You can search the thread and see if anyone else has posted something. If there is a QtPro support thread you can try that also. I've never done any work with QtPro.

You have to customize Order Editor to take the discount into account when calculating taxes.

Can you explain where and how I do that? I've only seen in the options the following:

Order Editor- Display Payment Method dropdown? true

Order Editor- Display Shipping Method dropdown? true

Order Editor- use Separate Pricing Per Customer? false

Order Editor- select a tax class for shipping fees Taxable Goods

Order Editor- select your credit card payment method

Anthony

Can you explain where and how I do that? I've only seen in the options the following:

Anthony

We've already gone over this. In post #1874 I gave instructions for how to modify Order Editor and you said it "works like a charm".

Given that you have already made the changes recommended in that post, as long as you enter in a value for "shipping tax" the calculations should be correct.

Hello,

First of all I have to say, that this contribution rocks! :thumbsup: But I get the message below when I press the 'update' button.

"1054 - Unknown column 'shipping_tax' in 'field list'

UPDATE orders SET customers_name = 'Kamilla Jensen', customers_company = '', customers_street_address = 'Engestoftevej 80', customers_suburb = '', customers_city = 'Sakskøbing', customers_state = '', customers_postcode = '4990', customers_country = 'Danmark', customers_telephone = '28886236', customers_email_address = '[email protected]', billing_name = 'Kamilla Jensen', billing_company = '', billing_street_address = 'Engestoftevej 80', billing_suburb = '', billing_city = 'Sakskøbing', billing_state = '', billing_postcode = '4990', billing_country = 'Danmark', delivery_name = 'Kamilla Jensen', delivery_company = '', delivery_street_address = 'Engestoftevej 80', delivery_suburb = '', delivery_city = 'Sakskøbing', delivery_state = '', delivery_postcode = '4990', delivery_country = 'Danmark', payment_method = 'Bank overførsel', currency = 'DKK', currency_value = '1.00000000', cc_type = '', cc_owner = '', cc_number = '', cc_expires = '', shipping_tax = '' where orders_id = '54';

[TEP STOP]"

Any reassons or suggestions? I have tryed to search the forum, but no luck. <_<

Hello,

First of all I have to say, that this contribution rocks! :thumbsup: But I get the message below when I press the 'update' button.

"1054 - Unknown column 'shipping_tax' in 'field list'

[TEP STOP]"

Any reassons or suggestions? I have tryed to search the forum, but no luck.

You did not perform this step of the installation instructions:

-------------

STEP 1

-------------

Run the following command on your MySQL database or use the included sql_install.sql file.

###If you always or almost always charge tax on shipping,

###you may want to enter a different default value for shipping_tax,

###ie 16.0000 instead of 0.0000):

ALTER TABLE orders ADD shipping_tax DECIMAL( 7, 4 ) DEFAULT '0.000' NOT NULL ;

INSERT into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('Order Editor- Display Payment Method dropdown?', 'ORDER_EDITOR_PAYMENT_DROPDOWN', 'true', 'Based on this selection Order Editor will display the payment method as a dropdown menu (true) or as an input field (false).', '1', '95', now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

INSERT into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('Order Editor- Display Shipping Method dropdown?', 'ORDER_EDITOR_SHIPPING_DROPDOWN', 'true', 'Based on this selection Order Editor will display the shipping method as a dropdown menu (true) or as an input field (false).', '1', '96', now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

INSERT into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('Order Editor- use Separate Pricing Per Customer?', 'ORDER_EDITOR_USE_SPPC', 'false', 'This should be set to true only if SPPC is installed.', '1', '97', now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

INSERT into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('Order Editor- select a tax class for shipping fees', 'ORDER_EDITOR_DEFAULT_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Order Editor will assess tax on shipping as being a part of this tax class.', '1', '98', now(), now(), 'tep_get_tax_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(');

INSERT into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('Order Editor- select your credit card payment method', 'ORDER_EDITOR_CREDIT_CARD', 'Credit Card', 'Order Editor will display the credit card fields when this payment method is selected.', '1', '99', now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_pull_down_payment_methods(');

We've already gone over this. In post #1874 I gave instructions for how to modify Order Editor and you said it "works like a charm".

Given that you have already made the changes recommended in that post, as long as you enter in a value for "shipping tax" the calculations should be correct.

That SHOULD be the case, and I've confirmed the changes still exist but here's how the calculations are actually happening:

Discount coupon applied: -90.00

Tax: 113.40

Sub-Total: 1889.98

Total: 1913.38

This means, 1889.98 + tax - 90.00. Again, it should be 1889.98 - 90.00 + tax. The total SHOULD be $1907.98 (not 1913.38).

I believe a newer version of KGT's Discount Coupon Code may have been made available since that last edit.

Anthony

That SHOULD be the case, and I've confirmed the changes still exist but here's how the calculations are actually happening:

Discount coupon applied: -90.00

Tax: 113.40

Sub-Total: 1889.98

Total: 1913.38

This means, 1889.98 + tax - 90.00. Again, it should be 1889.98 - 90.00 + tax. The total SHOULD be $1907.98 (not 1913.38).

I believe a newer version of KGT's Discount Coupon Code may have been made available since that last edit.

Anthony

What is the tax rate entered in the "shipping tax" field?

Hey all,

Ive been going through this code and there are some coding flaws in the code.. im working on cleaning it up right now..

for instance the bizarro code.. totally unnecessary.. it stems from the variable $order being overwritten by an array of a different type. Near the top of the file you have $order = new oe_order($oID); or something like this.. then around like 300 you have $order = tep_db_fetch... .. whats even more interesting is $order is never used inbetween .. nor does $order need to = new oe_order($oID); .. this only needs to happen once the Order has been updated. Ive renamed $order (at about line 300) to $orders_product .. because this makes more sense in its context.

I am also interested in adding the actual shipping and payment modules so that they function exactly like the customer checkout.

I am currently working on cleaning up the code and displaying taxes individually. I prefer this for the invoice as well.

Next I will try and integrate the shopping cart (or some of its code) to the 'add product' case .. this will allow the use of the shipping module easily which will come next.

I also propose that the shipping details only be updated once all products wanted have been added. Thus a "Calculate Shipping" button which will call your shipping modules and give you the options.

Next once you have basically finalized your order that you MUST click a "Finalize Order" button. Which in turn will allow your payment module to be activated. Your payment module can also have a "Verify Payment" button if its credit card / online debit / etc.. and once approved "Save Order" instead of just update order buttons =D

How does this sound to everyone else??

J

Update:

Code has been cleaned up and the semantics have been improved.

I have removed the Tax: field completely. It will automatically add itself as a named tax once a product is added if it is taxable. It will be updated when another product is added or when the update button is pressed. If your customer is outside of the country you generally don't charge tax and there for it has no need to be on the invoice.

I have provided the screen shots below.

The customer here is in the US. My Store is located in Canada.

No products added:

s1.jpg

products added:

s2.jpg

Now a customer located in Ontario (same as the store).

products added:

s3.jpg

you can see the GST and PST. This works for compounded taxes as well. So for you Quebecois it should work fine.

I have also gone ahead and integrated the shopping cart (purpose of this is to be able to get realtime shipping quotes.. the prices saved in the cart will not reflect Single Pricing Per Customer or pricing changes in the invoice edit form.. however this is irrelevant as the carts only purpose is to help in providing a shipping quote. The cart is emptied and deleted once the order is complete.) Shipping Module was not yet integrated so I am still working on that.

There are still three places for custom charges / discounts. I am thinking about removing the shipping tax field and just putting Handling Charge as a value instead of percentage. realtime quote from Canada Post does not include taxes.. upon receiving that quote the system will add in taxes.. which should display below GST and PST .. respectfully GST SHIPPING and PST SHIPPING .. (the taxes I have setup) ..

My Order Editor includes the Manual Order Creator contribution and its basically now fully interconnected as far as im concerned should be one package / contribution. I have not uploaded this version just yet. I will once realtime shipping quotes are functioning

J

Edited by insaini

Update:

Code has been cleaned up and the semantics have been improved...

My Order Editor includes the Manual Order Creator contribution and its basically now fully interconnected as far as im concerned should be one package / contribution. I have not uploaded this version just yet. I will once realtime shipping quotes are functioning

J

Insanini,

Will you be documenting the specific upgrade procedures for existing versions of Order Editor?

A

Edited by analli

Insanini,

Will you be documenting the specific upgrade procedures for existing versions of Order Editor?

A

I will do a comparison to the original from i believe 3.0.2.1 .. to my versions. I will document the changes. There are several files with specific changes..

its interesting that there are some files under admin/includes that are older versions than those of catalog/includes. Specifically shopping_cart.php is under admin/ is an older version. These need to be replaced with the 'newer' versions. As well as certain functions which are not up to date. Not sure why these werent updated in RC1 .. doesnt make sense but ah well.

I will continue to work on it.. and should have something to post in a couple days.

But I'm not charging tax on shipping. What would I enter rather than zero?

A

In admin/edit_orders.php change

extract($total_details,EXTR_PREFIX_ALL,"ot");
					if(($ot_class == "ot_shipping") || ($ot_class ==  "ot_discount_coupon"))//a good place to add in custom total  components

to

extract($total_details,EXTR_PREFIX_ALL,"ot");
				  if($ot_class ==  "ot_discount_coupon")//a good place to add in custom total  components

Then change

//just adding in shipping tax, don't mind me
			$ot_shipping_query = tep_db_query("
			SELECT value 
			FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " 
			WHERE orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'
			AND (class = 'ot_shipping' OR class = 'ot_discount_coupon')");

to

//just adding in coupon tax, don't mind me
		  $ot_shipping_query = tep_db_query("
		  SELECT value 
		  FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " 
		  WHERE orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'
		  AND class = 'ot_discount_coupon'");

Once you've done this the "shipping tax" field is just "coupon tax" so you would enter whatever tax rate to charge on coupons in this field.

I have just finished integrating the shipping module.

I have removed the 'Tax%' heading for shipping tax. Renamed the section to 'Shipping' .. changed the Shipping Tax field to Handling Charge and included a button to update the shipping charge when ready.

I only have the one shipping module so this will need to be tested by others. I will try to get this up for others to try by the end of today. There is quite a bit of modification so I am suggesting people just replace the files and add in their custom mods to the new code as it is very different in some places.

s4.jpg

J

Just an update on my modifications..

shipping quotes now working in real-time. However the cost of the shipping method you choose has to be entered manually. Im working on this as I type.. this can be fixed by javascript im sure but you will still need to hit update to update the totals. As soon as you enter a value into the delivery field and hit update it will calculate taxes on that separately and display those separately as well.

I have removed the update button below the delivery field because it wasnt necessary.

I have included two new check boxes.. one to request shipping quotes and one to finalize your order and process payment (still to be implemented).

When you click request shipping quotes and hit update. Shipping quotes will be fetched in real-time and displayed. Products must also be added inorder for the quotes to be fetched. I added the checkbox so that it doesnt request a quote as soon as you add a product.. that would be too much lag each time you add a product.

when you finalize the order, as it stands now it takes you to the details page.. but once implemented it will process your payment via your payment module and then take you to the details page.

I will release all these modifications in a new contribution in a couple days.. I still havent had time to document all the changes.. and there are a lot of changes to the original code. It will be released as 4.0alpha1 (without payment module implementation). If anyone thinks I shouldnt release it via this version number let me know.

J

Edited by insaini

:thumbsup:

Were on track, take a look at the image below

s5.jpg

just to go through how the numbers add up,

the shipping charge + handling fee is taxed according to the shipping taxes (neither are added to the subtotal)

the subtotal is a products subtotal.

You can see the shipping taxes charged on the shipping + handling fees

then you see the taxes charged on the products....

finally you see an after tax discount

add up everything and you have your total.

=D

hope to have this up for everyone to test in a couple days.

J

I will release all these modifications in a new contribution in a couple days.. I still havent had time to document all the changes.. and there are a lot of changes to the original code. It will be released as 4.0alpha1 (without payment module implementation). If anyone thinks I shouldnt release it via this version number let me know.

If what you're working on is an update to Step by Step Manual Order Entry or some similar contribution (you mentioned Manual Order Creator but I couldn't find that in the contributions section) I would recommend posting it as an update to that package, not Order Editor. Order Editor has always been a stand-alone contribution and it seems, to me at least, that merging the two and calling it "Order Editor" would be confusing, in as much as many people would be getting a lot more than they were expecting.

Also, as luck would have it, I am nearing completion on my own update to Order Editor that I was referring to privately as 4.0. It looks like both will be released at about the same time and I imagine that given the nature of the project as a whole the best features of the two will be merged into a later, final version. But, since both will probably still be in the alpha/beta range of testing, how about if we use code names instead of version numbers? For some reason I've also been calling my update "Party All the Time". :)