• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

I am currently using an old version of order editor (v2.1 if I am not mistaken), and I would like to know if the following problem has been fixed in the new version before I upgrate it:

1. My default currencyis MYR (Malaysia Ringgit) (MYR1 = USD0.2857)

2. I have other currency in my store, eg. USD, Pound, S$...etc.

3. When a customer ordered in USD, if I edit the order using order editor by adding products or making changes to the price/shipping, then the whole order is messed up.

4. Order editor use the different value and figure in the total $...and the total $ becomes NOT CORRECT.

5. I have to go to PHPAdmin to edit that particular order number to change the shipping, total and item value to USD equivalent.

Is the order editor works for multiple currency store?

So Order Editor will take an order placed in USD and convert it to MYR? Do you have the same problems with other currencies? Does it calculate correctly using when an order is placed using MYR?

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

So Order Editor will take an order placed in USD and convert it to MYR? Do you have the same problems with other currencies? Does it calculate correctly using when an order is placed using MYR?

Hi,

1. When the order is made using MYR (Default Currency), I have no problem editing the order and still get the correct value after editing.

2. When my customers make an order in USD, OSCommerce recorded down the order in USD. However, if I edited it using Order Editor, the total and recorded values are all messed up. It seems like Order Editor doesn't know that this order is now in USD but still assume it as in the default currency (actual value 1:1). Hence if I edit the order or change the figure, Total in the order will be too much and wrong.

3. Other currencies (SGD or Pound) also having the same problem.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

1. When the order is made using MYR (Default Currency), I have no problem editing the order and still get the correct value after editing.

2. When my customers make an order in USD, OSCommerce recorded down the order in USD. However, if I edited it using Order Editor, the total and recorded values are all messed up. It seems like Order Editor doesn't know that this order is now in USD but still assume it as in the default currency (actual value 1:1). Hence if I edit the order or change the figure, Total in the order will be too much and wrong.

3. Other currencies (SGD or Pound) also having the same problem.

Thank you!

After looking into this a little bit, this should not be happening. The problem you're describing should have been fixed as of v2.0 (Standardized the currency format seen in order totals, etc, by using the currencies->format function). I'm running v2.6.3 and was unable to duplicate the problem.

You should be aware that the way osCommerce stores an order placed in anything besides the store's default currency might seem a little bit counter-intuitive. The products prices and the entries in the "value" column of the orders_total table are always stored in the shop's default currency (in your case MYR), regardless of what currency the customer selected. Only the "text" column in the orders_total table has the values in the currency selected by the customer.

Since Order Editor uses the entries in the "value" column for calculations, when viewing an order using Order Editor you will only ever see entries in the shop's default currency. You have to look at the order via the details page or the invoice to see the product prices, totals, etc, formatted in the currency selected by the customer. Order Editor doesn't change the way osCommerce handles different currencies.

In any case I highly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of Order Editor. There has been a whole boatload of bug fixes and feature enhancements since v2.1and, at the very least, I can't find a problem with v2.6.3 as far as currency formatting is concerned.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Managed to upgrade to the latest version v2.63 from v2.2, and it seems working fine now :)

(no changes to the database, just using file compare to manually copy and paste the new scripts)

Thanks djmonkey1! :thumbsup:

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

Just want to say Thank You! for this great contribution and all te work/effort you'r putting into it.

I've installed it and at first I had some problems (could not change the Payment Methode), but after I just went over the installation again it worked (I have a heavy modded shop).

At to moment I'm preparing the Dutch translation for the latest release.

Thanks again!

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

Wow - quite an improvement since I first install this contribution!!

It seems to have dropped support for Purchase Orders though. Is there a way to make them work again without a major rewrite of the code? Could not any comments on this in the forum.

Thanks

Golf Training Aid

Gold Training Aid

The Grub Club® - Restaurant Menus

Just want to say Thank You! for this great contribution and all te work/effort you'r putting into it.

I've installed it and at first I had some problems (could not change the Payment Methode), but after I just went over the installation again it worked (I have a heavy modded shop).

At to moment I'm preparing the Dutch translation for the latest release.

Thanks again!

No problemo- thanks for the upcoming Dutch translation!

Wow - quite an improvement since I first install this contribution!!

It seems to have dropped support for Purchase Orders though. Is there a way to make them work again without a major rewrite of the code? Could not any comments on this in the forum.

What's a Purchase Order? Is this a standard feature of osCommerce or part of another contribution?

i came across a problem while updating my edit order module 1.7XX...

when i got to version 2.2 in the

admin/inlcudes/classes/order.php file

one change is confilicting with my paypal ipn module and i want to know what i can do...

step 3

Open catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php

Find the $order_query near line:27

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

Replace with:

$order_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

problem is on that same line i have (customers_id, payment_id from) right before . TABLE_ORDERS for the paypal ipn module...

what should i do?

one change is confilicting with my paypal ipn module and i want to know what i can do...

problem is on that same line i have (customers_id, payment_id from) right before . TABLE_ORDERS for the paypal ipn module...

what should i do?

Use

$order_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

No don't worry .. all that new query code is saying is to select from ALL columns in the TABLE_ORDERS.

So it will automatically pick up on your customers_id, payment_id .. and any other columns you might have in your TABLE_ORDERS.

The only thing that might happen is if you get a large database you might see a decrease in performance (ie. page displays for orders etc.) ... but i wouldn't think you will notice much of a difference.

what should i do?

I've installed the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.3 For 2.2MS2 and it works like a charm. You can see the PayPal code in the dropdown of the Payment Methode in the orderedittor, and choose it if you want.

Norman in 't Veldt

No problemo- thanks for the upcoming Dutch translation!

Dutch Translation is added to the Contribution site.

Made a little mistake by uploading the wrong file, so uploaded it twice :blush:

Norman in 't Veldt

i have PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5, its a diffrent version.

The query I posted will work fine, you just have to make sure you have the right data in the arrays below that query, ie $this->info = array, $this->billing = array, etc.

Hi djmonkey1,

I seem to have the same "problem" as Stefan earlier and it wasn't quite solved. When I go to edit an order this is what is shown in the tax and totals table:

OE_Tax.png

This is fine and as it should be, besides the 'Moms totalt' (Total VAT) that shows the same amount as the 'Totalt (Avrundat)' (total sum inc. taxes).

When I hit Update (without changing anything) the table changes to this:

OE_Tax_2.png

I would like to have it as in the first picture, i.e. Totals inc. tax and then below Tax total followed by the specifications of different tax rates. Any idea how to do that?

/Magnus

djmonkey1,

Is it possible to add Customer ID into the order editor?

Reason is because I am using PayPal (not PayPal IPN as some problem with it), and when my customer not clicking the return to merchant button at PayPal, the order is lost. I will have to manually make an order for my customer and have to change the Customer ID to the right customer in PHPAdmin. If it can be shown and changeable at order editor, then it would really safe lots of work and steps.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

djmonkey1,

Is it possible to add Customer ID into the order editor?

Reason is because I am using PayPal (not PayPal IPN as some problem with it), and when my customer not clicking the return to merchant button at PayPal, the order is lost. I will have to manually make an order for my customer and have to change the Customer ID to the right customer in PHPAdmin. If it can be shown and changeable at order editor, then it would really safe lots of work and steps.

Thanks!

Have you ever looked at this contribution:

Attitude Simple Manual Order Entry

Hi djmonkey1,

I seem to have the same "problem" as Stefan earlier and it wasn't quite solved. When I go to edit an order this is what is shown in the tax and totals table:

This is fine and as it should be, besides the 'Moms totalt' (Total VAT) that shows the same amount as the 'Totalt (Avrundat)' (total sum inc. taxes).

When I hit Update (without changing anything) the table changes to this:

I would like to have it as in the first picture, i.e. Totals inc. tax and then below Tax total followed by the specifications of different tax rates. Any idea how to do that?

/Magnus

What is the ot_class value of your tax components as stored in the orders_total table of your database? For instance, sub total is ot_subtotal, total is ot_total, etc.

How many tax classes do you have?

Also, you have a vestigal tax component (FL TAX 7.0%) lying around- I suggest that you delete it.

What is the ot_class value of your tax components as stored in the orders_total table of your database? For instance, sub total is ot_subtotal, total is ot_total, etc.

How many tax classes do you have?

Also, you have a vestigal tax component (FL TAX 7.0%) lying around- I suggest that you delete it.

All my tax components are ot_tax. I have 2 different tax classes (25% and 6%).

The 'FL TAX 7%' seems to be the shipping tax and should be included in the tax total and in the 'Varav moms 25%', wich I'm not sure how to do. Any help would be much appreciated!

Tanks!

/Magnus

All my tax components are ot_tax. I have 2 different tax classes (25% and 6%).

The 'FL TAX 7%' seems to be the shipping tax and should be included in the tax total and in the 'Varav moms 25%', wich I'm not sure how to do. Any help would be much appreciated!

Tanks!

/Magnus

What it looks like OE is doing in this case is completely erasing the original entries for tax and replacing them with new ones (ie "Varav moms 6%" becomes just "moms 6%" after OE is used on the order). I've seen this before but the most recent versions shouldn't be having this problem. What version are you using?

Also, for the FL tax business, it looks like you may have more than one tax class stored in the database. Look in your database under the table "tax_class" and see what the tax_class_id is for the tax class you most often use. Once you know that number you may have to edit the following at around line 24 of edit_orders.php:

//set a default tax class
 //shipping tax is added to the default tax class
  $default_tax_class = 1;

For instance if you find the tax_class_id for your "Varav moms" rates is 2, then you would change

$default_tax_class = 1;

to

$default_tax_class = 2;

Did any of you Swedish people manage to solve the problem with total VAT for any version of Order Editor? I am considering which version to install.

The problem described by stefanlindvald should have been cleared up by following the instructions I gave him, and MagWiz's issues will be cleared up shortly as well. I recommend that you install v2.6.3 and use it on a test order. If you have any problems, post them here, and we will work them out. 2.6.3. is, by far, the most stable and feature rich version of Order Editor available.