• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

Okay this is a retarded question I know...but I am trying to check out the edit order features. When looking at a customer's order, he wants to add items to his order (he used m.o)...it gives this error:

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

I'm running my own server and logged in to the admin panel...what's up?

Also...as someone else asked earlier...how can I add an order manually? Anyone? Thanks.

Austin519

The problem you are facing is due to the Admin Access Mod which you might have installed. You will have to give access to the account which you are using in Admin Access

Farrukh:

Okay...I upgraded to the new 2.2 admin or whatnot...and I seem to have full access (top adminstrator, all write privileges) but I still can't edit the orders...what do you suggest?

Austin519

Austin519

Go to

Administrator => Files Access => Customers (where ever you wish to put it under ) => Store Files (Its on the Right Side )

Simply specify the file, it would be order_edit or something like that. And you can grant access to the file under any Menu.

Hope this helps

Hallo,

i have a small problem with Order Editor 1.2 and MS2

One example:

The order total Information before changing:

Sup total incl. Tax 100 Euro

Shipping 4 Euro (no tax on shipping)

Total 104 Euro

Now I want to set the Shipping manuel to 0 Euro

After that it looks like:

Sup total 86.20 Euro

Total 86.20 Euro

Now everything is without tax

Is there enybody with a idea for my problem

Thanks Matthias

hi. i installed this and it is great!

i am making a ticket portal for small theatres. what i need is the ability to change the night of performance:

someone calls and sez that i cannot make it tonight, but i would like to go next Thursday.

The current tool adds the new night, but it does not update the current night to 0 and add to the quantities...

any ideas?

thanks.

yes, this is what i need. all that would make it perfect would be that if it would change the quantities available in the database.

very important for small theatres.

thanks.

- Added "Company" and "Suburb" fields to each address section to make them "complete."

Thanks for the good work.

One bug to report: The Suburb field doesn't auto-populate with the stored value, therefore you lose that line upon updating the order. We're using that field for a second address line - simply changing the title of the field, all else stays the same.

(I haven't tested Company, since we don't use that field).

I don't see anything particularly off base about the code, but I'm no PHP guru.

BC

Farrukh:

Okay, very helpful! Works perfectly now. Maybe I just don't understand this mod. What exactly is in the administrator section for editing things like that? I assumed I could edit everything, but I had to add the edit_order file. Does that now mean that customers can edit their own orders to or...what? Either way, thanks a lot!

Austin519

I've drawn a complete blank as to a possible solution:

(Mostly) clean/default install of 2.2MS2.

Attempted to install edit_orders.php and all I get is this:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in *path-to-admin-dir* edit_orders.php on line 1207

Checked the seemingly usual suspects:

- permissions

- configure.php

- stray keystrokes

re-installed from the archive several times, with no avail.

Help?

Farrukh:

Okay, very helpful! Works perfectly now. Maybe I just don't understand this mod. What exactly is in the administrator section for editing things like that? I assumed I could edit everything, but I had to add the edit_order file. Does that now mean that customers can edit their own orders to or...what? Either way, thanks a lot!

Austin519

You only have to Store the file once in your Administrator.

And this mod does not allow customers to edit their orders. Only the administrator can edit the orders. Add, Delete Products etc.

The rules for taxing shipping in the US probably vary by state, so having the ability to easily set it up different ways may be best.

In California, shipping is not taxed, as long as you charge the actual shipping cost and keep records of the shipping cost for each individual order. If you add a markup or a handling charge, then sales tax is supposed to be charged on the amount of the markup or on the handling charge. If you charge a fixed price for shipping, then the entire amount is supposed to be taxed. If it is shipped out of state, then none of it is taxed.

For California vendors, a publication on all this is at http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/pub100.pdf

It is all rather confusing and cumbersome, but it seems that to be in complete compliance with California sales tax law, both OSC and this mod would need to distinguish between the actual shipping charges and any percentage or fixed markup that is added to it.

BTW, thanks for the mod, it looks great and I plan to install it!

- Adam

Hi,

i integrated this contribution in my german shop with flat_shipping.

The articel prices are all displayed with tax correctly in the invoice after updating the order.

But the ot_subtotal value is without tax, i need it with tax.

thx

Patrick

integrated this contribution in my german shop with flat_shipping.

The articel prices are all displayed with tax correctly in the invoice after updating the order.

I have the same problem in my shop. If you change something the order total table will set to prices without tax. That's not good. Perhaps somebody can help us.

Thanks Matthias

Farrukh:

Ah I see. Okay in that case...just curious...is there a mod out there that allows customers to change their orders while the order is still in a certain stage?

Austin519

Yes, there is

Restore Order For Customer Change V3.00

Allows the admin/customer delete or modify and cancel an order that hasnt reached a set status.

The order then gets placed in the customers basket for them to change and resubmit or deleted.

search for it in thre contributions

Okay...little problem with this tool. I noticed that when using the payment discount mod (allowing you to say, give a discount for check/money order), instead of subtracting that percentage from the total amount, it adds it if I try to edit an order. So I have to physically go in and write -$xxx to get it to correctly calculate it. This may be more the fault of the item discount than the order edit...

Austin519

First I would like to thank you for a GREAT mod!

I do have some issues that - if fixed - would make the mod fantastic:

* There are some issues with the

&action=add_products&step=1

My site is in Danish and English but the drop down shows me some products in Danish and some in English. There aren't any duplicates, just 2 languages mixed together.

* I did have one instance of the mod showing me the total price in $ (although it should be in dkk), but it's only happened once.

* The quantities do not update the amount in stock, if changed.

* The "ADD A NEW PRODUCT" string is not translatable, needs to be defined.

Hi...

I integrated this contribution in my german.

thx

billi

My English is unfortunately bad. Excused ask.

Hallo Jonathan,

I like your contribution but there is, like discussed before, a problem with updating the table orders_total.

Thi prices are recalculated without tax. And that's reason why I can't realy use your contribution.

Is it not possible to fix that little bug.

Thanks Matthias

Ah, sorry people. I've been out of town for a while and I've also been busy on some other projects, so I'm just now getting back to all this. I'll read everything and get back to all the private messages as soon as I can.

- Jonathan

Download osCommerce Order Editor v1.2 Here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1435

Jonathan, thanks very much for the work you've done on this. I'm especially impressed that with all the different suggestions you've remained responsive, helpful and unperturbed! Well done!

-jhilgeman said: As for the mods in the screenshot, not really. They aren't "add-ons" - rather, they're modifications to the existing code. And I can foresee all sorts of trouble when people replace their existing orders.php with my modified one. However, I can tell you HOW to add each flag. (I later noticed that in osC 2.2, that one "note" icon is already set to take you to the details screen)

Do you want interested parties to PM you about this because I'm certainly interested.

Thanks once again,

Cheers,

Stretchr

"It's a small world...

But I wouldn't want to paint it!"

Stephen Wright

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, sorry people. I've been out of town for a while and I've also been busy on some other projects, so I'm just now getting back to all this. I'll read everything and get back to all the private messages as soon as I can.

Hallo Jonathan, would be very nice from you if you could help the german users quickly. There is, like described, a problem with the tax in ot

Hallo Jonathan,

I like your contribution but there is, like discussed before, a problem with updating the table orders_total.

Thi prices are recalculated without tax. And that's reason why I can't realy use your contribution.

Is it not possible to fix that little bug.

Thanks Matthias