• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

On 11/4/2019 at 4:22 PM, ArtcoInc said:

@BrockleyJohn

Since you are in the process of updating this, may I ask if you have addressed this?

TIA

Malcolm

@ArtcoInc please would you check if it's still present on the latest version? I'm PMing you access to a test store.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• 3 weeks later...

problem that this addon and all of addons similar to it is that when a product is added to the basket ,  shipping order shows all of the product.

it should flag the new poducts added so the shipping invoice just print those. and also allow for multiple editing.

i was considering adding another entery to the products_orders table.to add a revision number. and in the shipping invoice only get the latest  revision.

am i making sense here?

also how can i add new order_total to show like gift vouchers and so on

Edited by hungryfrank
added to question

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

• 3 weeks later...

edit_orders.phpedit_orders.php.      edit_orders_ajax.php.   

I made some changes to make it work with points and reward contribution, and it dose not use the custom_ot

but for coupons it is a bit more complicated  

I have to bring in the verification process into it.

I have to rewrite the functions to work in the admin side.

Edited by hungryfrank

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

The newest Order_editor_v1.25_for_CE_Phoenix was apparently modified and uploaded by Denkster on 10/17/2019.  However, the documentation in the unzipped files do not appear to contain any reference by Denkster.  Further, the @BrockleyJohn documentation that is included does not seem to match the current zip collection of files and is dated 2/18/2018.  The instructions for checking for hooks resulted in a NO for me, but this is for my installation of Phoenix 1.0.4.0, which should be the latest for including hooks strategies.

Has anyone installed this in Phoenix?  What edits are still applicable?

https://apps.oscommerce.com/wwEZ9&order-editor-for2-3-v1-0

v1.2.6 for Phoenix, 29th September 2019

- but instructions for modifying files might not be compatible with the latest versions of Phoenix

There's a lot of work going on in the admin at the moment and more hooks than before so it would make sense to redesign the implementation of all admin addons including this one against existing pages as it should be possible to further reduce or even eliminate the need to change core files.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Thanks!  I'll take a look.

P.S. More than once, I've been misled in the Apps Marketplace - it's tough to find the right things.  Even now, a search for "Order Editor" and using a Phoenix filter, does not find the reference you just gave me. ☹️

3 minutes ago, TomB01 said:

Even now, a search for "Order Editor" and using a Phoenix filter,

A new package needs to be uploaded to mark it for Phoenix.  As best I understand, @raiwa tried to find a way to update an existing package and couldn't.  And even if it were possible, it would be the original uploader who would have to mark it. 

Anyway, to mark an App as Phoenix compatible requires uploading a new package on a new page (not an update to the existing page). 

Always back up before making changes.

1 minute ago, ecartz said:

A new package needs to be uploaded to mark it for Phoenix.  As best I understand, @raiwa tried to find a way to update an existing package and couldn't.  And even if it were possible, it would be the original uploader who would have to mark it. 

Anyway, to mark an App as Phoenix compatible requires uploading a new package on a new page (not an update to the existing page). 

Yes, and that results in revisions uploaded as Phoenix-compatible that quickly become older than revisions to the original.

Oh well, I'll keep working ...

OK - it works ... sort of ...

When viewing "Orders," the Edit button for an order takes me directly to the order_editor screen.  Before, it would go to Details (assuming that's the mode when you see the "Summary/Products/Status History" tabs), allowing you to update the status of the order.  Seems like that's where it should default, since that's the more common procedure.  Actually editing an order should be infrequent, hopefully.

Also, when in the Details mode, the "Edit" command at top right is not a button, just linked text butted up against the "Invoice/PackingSlip/Back" buttons.  The Edit button appears fine in the Order list view, however.

OK - didn't realize the optional orders.php file included the straight-to-edit-mode change.  I've commented that out.

Did I do something else to not make the Edit button show up in the Details view?  It shows up in the Orders List view.

13 hours ago, TomB01 said:

Did I do something else to not make the Edit button show up in the Details view?  It shows up in the Orders List view.

Nope, I've just tried it and the changes to the admin pages has broken the jquery button script. Not sure why yet - the scripts are unchanged inline but running it from the footer seems no longer to work. And no error thrown...

I do not know enough, so this probably means nothing ... but it appears the code for the IMAGE_EDIT button is not there for the first section in the documentation pdf for a manual button draw, around line 202 (instead of 106) in the Phoenix modded file, orders.php.  However, I do not know why the html-linked text for "Edit" appears, regardless.

Conversely, the code for IMAGE_EDIT does appear for the second section in the documenation pdf for a manual button draw, around line 507 (instead of 410) in the Phoenix modded file, orders.php.

On 12/18/2019 at 12:14 PM, hungryfrank said:

edit_orders.phpedit_orders.php.      edit_orders_ajax.php.   

I made some changes to make it work with points and reward contribution, and it dose not use the custom_ot

but for coupons it is a bit more complicated  

I have to bring in the verification process into it.

I have to rewrite the functions to work in the admin side.

What is the name of the coupons module you use ?

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

you can look at what I did and add as many ot_totals you need .

order editor collects all the ot_total classes that you want .

1- you enter the ot_xxx base on eligibility before hand

2-you need to open some of the hidden field to input for your ot_xxx

3-you need to collect the info for to_xxx

4-you need to make the adjustment to db in two different places. one to change back the values when it drops all the ta classes and one to enter the new one

you need the function to figure out the amount.of the coupon.

I marked everything with hungry frank. I followed shipping

the hardest part is figuring out the amount.

you have to rewrite the function because here you don't have the cart. everything goes straight in the order.

I am working on a lot of things trying to make a pos out of it. so can't work on rewriting the function that calculates the amount.at the moment.

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

On 12/20/2019 at 6:23 PM, TomB01 said:

OK - didn't realize the optional orders.php file included the straight-to-edit-mode change.  I've commented that out.

@TomB01 It seems that on Phoenix 1.0.4.0 the bootstrap script stops the jquery button function working so it must be run before bs is included. I need to do some more testing before uploading a new release but you can do an edit yourself to fix it. In includes/modules/hooks/admin/orders_edit_order.php find the script at line 37 and change

from

<script>
 $(function() {
	$('h1.pageHeading + div').prepend('$button');
	$script
 });
</script>

to

<script>
// $(function() {
	$('h1.pageHeading + div').prepend('$button');
	$script
// });
</script>

ie. comment out the document ready function wrapper

There was a circumstance/osc version that needed it deferring but I can't remember what that was! Clearly deferring it no longer works for core code so I'll probably make the immediate injection the mainstream version (it's also much simpler code) and include the other as a troubleshooting option. More testing first, though

@ArtcoInc and anyone else using shipping weights:

I can confirm that there still IS a bug with shipping weights - specifically when you add a product that's already in the order, it trashes the calculated order weight (possibly overwriting instead of adding for that product, but definitely making it wrong!)

So, adding the same product on two different order lines was messing up the shipping calculations (even if with different options). I reckon that shipping modules based on price didn't get the right results either. This is fixed (cart products are now indexed on uprid and the restore checks for existing key), along with the Edit button issue and also the redirect error on a fresh install.

Uploaded to https://apps.oscommerce.com/Apps&wwEZ9&order-editor-for2-3-v1-0

@ArtcoInc @TomB01

Tested on 2.3.4 classic, Phoenix 1.0.4.0 and a bunch of bs versions in between but please flag up any issues.

Using Acrobat Reader on Firefox, Pages 2, 3 & 4 of Order Editor Readme PDF appear to have been over scanned. The text disappears outside the margins of the viewer. I have tried highlighting it to attempt copy and paste, the place holders for the hidden text appear but I still cannot copy the text.

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

1 hour ago, mhsuffolk said:

Using Acrobat Reader on Firefox, Pages 2, 3 & 4 of Order Editor Readme PDF appear to have been over scanned. The text disappears outside the margins of the viewer. I have tried highlighting it to attempt copy and paste, the place holders for the hidden text appear but I still cannot copy the text.

pah, I knew I was going to regret upgrading office 2010

They're landscape but it didn't pdf them so in word 2020. Try the attached instead

Order Editor Readme.pdf

On 11/27/2019 at 10:27 AM, hungryfrank said:

problem that this addon and all of addons similar to it is that when a product is added to the basket ,  shipping order shows all of the product.

it should flag the new poducts added so the shipping invoice just print those. and also allow for multiple editing.

i was considering adding another entery to the products_orders table.to add a revision number. and in the shipping invoice only get the latest  revision.

am i making sense here?

Not entirely. Nowhere in stock osc deals with partial orders - if you want to calculate shipping for only the added products you could just add a separate order for the extra products. What's the shipping invoice to which you refer?

The only thing I can think of that goes somewhere along these lines is multi-vendor shipping. I don't know if anyone uses that with the order editor.

good stuff - 1.2.8 will be along very soon with no core changes for phoenix 1.0.4.0 (just testing now)