• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

Is there a way to undo changes made with this editor?

I edited ONE order and it totally messed up the tax calculations.

I tried changing everything back in the database with phpmyadmin, but the modified order still appears in osc admin.

I also noticed that the labels for the tax on the orders/details screen are different from what is in the order_total database table. I know this because I deal with 2 taxes and the customer should only be charged one (which they are) but it shows the text label for both taxes, which would confuse my customer.

Anyhow, WHERE does this program get its data? It only seems to bypass the orders_total table for the one record I edited and all other records show the correct tax/labels.

So I need to UNDO whatever this mod did and then uninstall it because although it was very easy to install, I don't have time to deal with the problems it created.

Thanks!

Randy

I reverted back to my old orders.php, but there is still a conflict between what is displayed in the osc order admin/invoice and what is in the database order_total table.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

... Can you see ANYTHING in the admin console, any of the admin menus?

I have found that if the admin menus are honked and I select one of the categories (not the sub categories in the admin menu) it will often throw the error stack to the page top.

If so, I would post that here, and one of us may see where the snafu is.

Hitting the link to the Admin page gives me a blank page. View Source shows me a single digit - 1 - and nothing more.

The front side seems to work but there's zero access to Admin.

I've used ExamDiff to compare the edited files with my current shop files and those from an untouched osC install. All files are checked after upload for stray characters ahead of the <?php opening tag (lest I upset the UTF-8 bug) and for extra lines at the end.

Cheers, Andy

Hitting the link to the Admin page gives me a blank page. View Source shows me a single digit - 1 - and nothing more.

The front side seems to work but there's zero access to Admin.

I've used ExamDiff to compare the edited files with my current shop files and those from an untouched osC install. All files are checked after upload for stray characters ahead of the <?php opening tag (lest I upset the UTF-8 bug) and for extra lines at the end.

Cheers, Andy

Which version of osc are you running ms2, rc2?

Did you manually install the 5.0.66, or did you use the installer?

Do you have php5 running?

Did you update the sql?

Did you change anything from the your install as compared with the contrib - ie changes that were not stock to the contrib or your install?

You probably already answered these, but I have a ton to do and havent the time to dig back thru the thread.

Just being a devils advocate trying to help you retrace the steps and act as fresh eyes.

Corey

Has anyone found a solution to the admin logout when updating problem? I get it when updating attributes - get the message success with the login screen again. Logging back in shows the change was made successfully, but does anyone know why this happens and the solution?

Have rc2a, SPPC, PHP5, quantity per attribute, gift vouchers, PWA and update with ajax turned on. Any ideas or a solution to the logout issue would be much appreciated.

I've fixed the problem myself: it was because the order had free shipping - applied the free shipping bugfix (commenting out the shipping quote) and now it works fine, with ajax turned on too.

Which version of osc are you running ms2, rc2?

Did you manually install the 5.0.66, or did you use the installer?

Do you have php5 running?

Did you update the sql?

Did you change anything from the your install as compared with the contrib - ie changes that were not stock to the contrib or your install?

You probably already answered these, but I have a ton to do and havent the time to dig back thru the thread.

Just being a devils advocate trying to help you retrace the steps and act as fresh eyes.

Corey

All righty... Many bugs squished today...most self-abuse - classics like duplicated code blocks and files that should be in /admin/includes landing in /catalog/includes... :rolleyes:

Admin is alive - but getting a blank screen when attempting to edit an order. We'll get to that, though. For your questions:

osC 2.2-MS2

PHP 5.2.3

Manual install

Database configured..and uninstalled...(lather, rinse, repeat)...ending up configured

Contrib installed per instructions using supplied files

THANK YOU for the fresh eyes and sanity check!

Here's where we are: OE 5.0.6.6 installed. Front and back end of store operating normally.

Clicking thru Orders then Details shows order screen. Clicking Edit button gives blank screen.

URL to blank page is: www.site.../oscommerce2/.../admin/edit_orders.php?oID=57

Page source:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Interestingly, entering an oID that doesn't exist provides a page and an error message:

Error: Order 5 does not exist.

Page appears normal - osCommerce and icon header, Administration bar, left menu, and footer info.

I'll keep at it, but I really do appreciate the extra eyes!

Andy

PS: I did try the free shipping code fix just in case...no joy

Edited by rechargeablelithiumpower

Has anyone solved the problem when they get a blank screen when they try to edit an order? I've seen a number of people ask for help in this thread but haven't seen any answers.

This contrib appears to have broken my PayPal payment module. For those of you using the contrib - are you using PayPal?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Has anyone solved the problem when they get a blank screen when they try to edit an order? I've seen a number of people ask for help in this thread but haven't seen any answers.

This contrib appears to have broken my PayPal payment module. For those of you using the contrib - are you using PayPal?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Gack...further analysis reveals PayPal might have broken the PayPal module... My install is RC2 - the paypal module pointed to secure.paypal.com vice www.paypal.com/ So this coincidence was not related to the OE install. http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1424961

Thanks very much, Corey. Hold on some, though. I'm still working thru the differences between MS2 and RC2A. I've had to completely remove the OE file modifications from my MS2 store to regain the ability to edit the USPS Flat Rate contrib.

I've just installed (another) fresh copy of RC2a on a test server (hey - not in a production store! I'm learning!) and will install only the OE contrib and see what happens. This scream for help has been temporarily postponed!

<lesson_not_learned> geeze...I should have run away after that first class of fortran77...and those toggle switches on the pdp 11/70...and that mainframe that needed to read the paper tape so it would read the mag tape so it would read the hard drive so it could boot...but noooooo! I said 'yes' to a DIY ecommerce solution in a language I don't know. ;) </L-N-L>

Just a follow-up so this isn't left hanging. Root Cause...

It appears that trouble with blank screens after this is installed, along with other challenges not related to this contrib, are due to the fact that I'm trying to build on MS2. More specifically - it's an early MS2 with a 2003 code base. This has 'known' (and now known to me too!) problems playing well with modules, as well as security flaws.

It doesn't matter how many times this version is reinstalled...bugs is bugs. ;)

While it's very easy to install osC from my hosting service's control panel, it's no help when it's an old version. :blink:

Onward with RC2a...

Thanks for your help!

Andy

When I add a product in edit_orders_add_product.php then it insert the amont in the orders_total tabel, but also bold html tag: <b>19,95DKK</b>

How do I prevent the html tags?

Br.

Dan

I'm the owner of a danish gift shop, where you will find gifts, ideas & presents for her & him.

I am using terminal processing with the order editor, but I noticed that I have no place to enter CCV2 data, the rest of the module is presented just fine.

Anyone else run into this?

What solution did you implement?

Well it figures, I fixed the problem pretty simply

in admin\includes\languages\english\edit_orders.php

after approx line 50 after

define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_TYPE', 'Card Type:');
define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER', 'Card Owner:');
define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER', 'Card Number:');
define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES', 'Card Expires:');

add

// new define to cvv2 entry
define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2', 'CVV Code:');

in catalog\admin\edit_orders.php find around line 124

'cc_expires' => tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_expires']),

add

// Edit for cvv2 entry
'cc_ccv2' => tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_cvv']),

in catalog\admin\edit_orders.php find around line 1146

<table id="optional"><!--  -->
 <tr>
	<td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_TYPE; ?></td>
	<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_type" size="32" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_type']; ?>" <?php if (ORDER_EDITOR_USE_AJAX == 'true') { ?>onChange="updateOrdersField('cc_type', encodeURIComponent(this.value))"<?php } ?>></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER; ?></td>
	<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_owner" size="32" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_owner']; ?>" <?php if (ORDER_EDITOR_USE_AJAX == 'true') { ?>onChange="updateOrdersField('cc_owner', encodeURIComponent(this.value))<?php } ?>"></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER; ?></td>
	<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_number" size="32" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_number']; ?>" <?php if (ORDER_EDITOR_USE_AJAX == 'true') { ?>onChange="updateOrdersField('cc_number', encodeURIComponent(this.value))"<?php } ?>></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES; ?></td>
	<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_expires" size="4" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_expires']; ?>" <?php if (ORDER_EDITOR_USE_AJAX == 'true') { ?>onChange="updateOrdersField('cc_expires', encodeURIComponent(this.value))"<?php } ?>></td>

Change to

<table id="optional"><!--  -->
 <tr>
<!-- BOE cvv2 addition //-->
	<td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_TYPE; ?></td>
	<td colspan="3" class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_type" size="32" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_type']; ?>" <?php if (ORDER_EDITOR_USE_AJAX == 'true') { ?>onChange="updateOrdersField('cc_type', encodeURIComponent(this.value))"<?php } ?>></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER; ?></td>
	<td colspan="3" class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_owner" size="32" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_owner']; ?>" <?php if (ORDER_EDITOR_USE_AJAX == 'true') { ?>onChange="updateOrdersField('cc_owner', encodeURIComponent(this.value))<?php } ?>"></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER; ?></td>
	<td colspan="3" class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_number" size="32" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_number']; ?>" <?php if (ORDER_EDITOR_USE_AJAX == 'true') { ?>onChange="updateOrdersField('cc_number', encodeURIComponent(this.value))"<?php } ?>></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES; ?></td>
	<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_expires" size="4" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_expires']; ?>" <?php if (ORDER_EDITOR_USE_AJAX == 'true') { ?>onChange="updateOrdersField('cc_expires', encodeURIComponent(this.value))"<?php } ?>></td>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2; ?></td>
	<td class="main" align="right"><input name="update_info_cc_cvv" size="4" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_cvv2']; ?>" <?php if (ORDER_EDITOR_USE_AJAX == 'true') { ?>onChange="updateOrdersField('cc_cvv2', encodeURIComponent(this.value))"<?php } ?>></td>
<!-- EOE cvv2 addition //-->

That does it just fine.

Hi!

I have installed order editor 5.0.6.6 and when I try to edit the number of items of one product I get:

1054 - Unknown column 'po2pov.products_options_values_sort_order' in 'order clause'

select distinct op.products_id, po.products_options_id, pov.products_options_values_id from products_options po, products_options_values pov, products_options_values_to_products_options po2pov, orders_products_attributes opa, orders_products op where op.orders_id = '3053' and op.orders_products_id = '113620' and products_options_values_name = opa.products_options_values and pov.products_options_values_id = po2pov.products_options_values_id and po.products_options_id = po2pov.products_options_id and products_options_name = opa.products_options order by po2pov.products_options_values_sort_order desc

Yours!

Francisco

We are using the fedex shipping module with order editor, and have applied the fix for having fedex quotes appear.

I am noticing that it does not always show.

Anyone have any insight why this could be happening?

Edited by minionsweb

Hello,

I have a problem with the comments ... Here is a screen shot to show you the problem ... when I change the bill such as a refund, I have this type of comment. Thank you for help.

img-013836m4hzm.jpg

"I am using terminal processing with the order editor"

can let me know a little more about this??? is like a point of sale... or is conected to a virtual terminal?

Look for Credit Card with CVV2 under contribs.

You simply use the credit card method under payments in the modules section.

It is manual entry for you and your customers.

I simply added the cvv2 code into the order editor/manual order creator and posted it here for others to use.

I still have to process orders via a web console (virtual terminal).

If you need automated processing via the store, try authorize.net

First I want to say this is a great contrib paired with order editor.

Today I have discovered a shortcoming.

When using order editor/manual order maker, if you are starting a customer off from scratch, it does not create a customer account which is quite a pitfall.

Weeee, having created/edited a number of orders already, this is ...shall we say....irritating.

A customer called today and wanted to place another order, and a search for his account ensued - result - no account!

So no associated order(s).

If you plan to enter/edit orders, I highly recommend that you add Admin Create Account 1.0 contrib.

As long as you create a customer account as the first step, there will be an ongoing orders record.

Corey

I have a problem with the comments ... Here is a screen shot to show you the problem ... when I change the bill such as a refund, I have this type of comment. Thank you for help.

img-013836m4hzm.jpg

I would suggest you grep for onchange="updatecommentsfield" in your catalog files.

It is likely you missed a character or 2 in the edits, and it is being passed into the comments fields.

It is likely in the changes from the instructions, due to a bad cut and past.

It would help if you use 2 tools.

1) examdiff or beyond compare to see the edits you have made

2) source control software like subversion or perforce to help you maintain and track revisions and see the changes progressively.

I would suggest you grep for onchange="updatecommentsfield" in your catalog files.

It is likely you missed a character or 2 in the edits, and it is being passed into the comments fields.

It is likely in the changes from the instructions, due to a bad cut and past.

It would help if you use 2 tools.

1) examdiff or beyond compare to see the edits you have made

2) source control software like subversion or perforce to help you maintain and track revisions and see the changes progressively.

Thank you for your advice, thank you I have to correct the problem:)