• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

you already lost me at start your mysql . i really don't have too much knowledge about mysql, etc.

i hired someone to make my os commerce store and now need to learn how to do changes myself. i saw step 0 but didn't know how i can start an sql server. i know how to make a basic webpage with dramweaver but that's about it. that's why i jut uploaded all the files via ftp but ignored the first step. I doubt that step 0 is just referring to a page on my web site or computer that i have to edit.

i' trying to read about mysql and how to install it on my computer but it doesn't seem easy at all.

if you could give me some more advice or threads that help me that wuld be great.

thanks again

you already lost me at start your mysql . i really don't have too much knowledge about mysql, etc.

i hired someone to make my os commerce store and now need to learn how to do changes myself. i saw step 0 but didn't know how i can start an sql server. i know how to make a basic webpage with dramweaver but that's about it. that's why i jut uploaded all the files via ftp but ignored the first step. I doubt that step 0 is just referring to a page on my web site or computer that i have to edit.

i' trying to read about mysql and how to install it on my computer but it doesn't seem easy at all.

if you could give me some more advice or threads that help me that wuld be great.

thanks again

It is everywhere in the forums.

how to import new SQL stuff into the database, this is how you do it...

Go to your phpMyAdmin

Choose your osC database on the left in the pull-down menu

On the right side, click on the SQL tab at the top

Then paste the code from the sql file into the textarea on that page or browse to the file on your PC

Click on the GO button and you are done

thanks again

If you are going to be administering your own site you're going to have to be able to access your database.

The database server name, username, and password are all in the config file includes/configure.php.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hi All,

I've searched in the topic but couldn't seem to find what i was looking for...i have both shipping status and paypal IPN installed and am coming across complications while editing my admin/classes/orders.php Do these 3 contribution work ok together?

I've seen the posts regarding paypal IPN, so will look into that, but i do not want to lose functionality of my shipping status contribution.

Best Regards

Donna

Hi All,

I've searched in the topic but couldn't seem to find what i was looking for...i have both shipping status and paypal IPN installed and am coming across complications while editing my admin/classes/orders.php Do these 3 contribution work ok together?

I've seen the posts regarding paypal IPN, so will look into that, but i do not want to lose functionality of my shipping status contribution.

Best Regards

Donna

I think i've got it working...although not tested it fully yet..if anyone else has the same contirbutions and is struggling let me know and i'll let you have a copy of the code.

Best Regards

Donna

Hi All,

Best Regards

Donna

Post what you had for your admin/includes/classes/order.php prior to updating it for Order Editor. There's no reason why you can't have all these contributions work together.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Thanks to every one who worked(s) on this great contrib.

I have just started to test it and all seems to work fine. I have one iconfusion however - in the included README file tehre is no explanation on how to use the "4. Discount, Shipping and Total" feature. And I am having trouble figuring it out for myself. What are the 2 feilds bellow the Sub-Total? In which one of them do I enter the negative value? Is that value a percantage or fixed amount? I have tryed a few senarios and it got even more confusing - 4 more feilds apeared under the Total feild and thay stay there even if I enter 0 into them and hit update.

Can some one point me to some info or a post that would clerify the confusin please.

Thanks to everyone for their time.

Arkady.

Edited by Voland

People dont change, people realize.

... OK I am making some progress. The left feild is obviosly for the title of some sort - "Discount" for example. So now, if I enter the "Discount" into that feild and then the amount (-10 for example) into the right feild, Update - all is perfect. Then I remove the word "Discount" and hit Update - I get 2 more stes of feilds under the Total feild and one of them contails the Discount -10.00 ... and the Total goes back to original. WHat is that all about? :)

Edited by Voland

... OK I am making some progress. The left feild is obviosly for the title of some sort - "Discount" for example. So now, if I enter the "Discount" into that feild and then the amount (-10 for example) into the right feild, Update - all is perfect. Then I remove the word "Discount" and hit Update - I get 2 more stes of feilds under the Total feild and one of them contails the Discount -10.00 ... and the Total goes back to original. WHat is that all about? :)

It sounds like you're looking into it too deeply. The box on the left is the title, the box on the right is the value. If you enter '0' into the value box the field is deleted. Once you have a value in the database, the corresponding title can't be empty (ie the database won't be updated with an empty field).

It sounds like you're looking into it too deeply. ...

Thank's Stew. It actually seems like Ive figured it out. I guess I did get agitated too soon. I'm just a little pressed for time, is all. :)

Hi! :)

I have just installed Order Editor 2.5 & 2.5.1 and I think it is great!! Now, there is an error that I get underneath PAYMENT METHOD: B)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_decimal_places() in /public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 62

I have PayPal IPN contribution installed... here is line 62:

$ttl_amount = number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost'] - $order->info['tax']) * $currencies->get_value($select_cur), $currencies->get_decimal_places($select_cur));

Any help is very appreciated. Thank you very much!

Simone

Hi! :)

I have just installed Order Editor 2.5 & 2.5.1 and I think it is great!! Now, there is an error that I get underneath PAYMENT METHOD: B)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_decimal_places() in /public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 62

I have PayPal IPN contribution installed... here is line 62:

$ttl_amount = number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost'] - $order->info['tax']) * $currencies->get_value($select_cur), $currencies->get_decimal_places($select_cur));

Any help is very appreciated. Thank you very much!

Simone

A quick way to get rid of this error is to disable the payment method dropdown. Go to administration->configuration->my store and set Order Editor- Display Payment Method Dropdown? to false.

If you can't live without the dropdown menu you'll have to modify your admin/includes/classes/currencies.php to include the function get_decimal_places. I don't guarantee that this will work, but if you find this code in admin/includes/classes/currencies.php:

function get_value($code) {
  return $this->currencies[$code]['value'];
}

function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
  return $this->format(tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity);
}

and change it to

function get_value($code) {
  return $this->currencies[$code]['value'];
}

function get_decimal_places($code) {
  return $this->currencies[$code]['decimal_places'];
}

function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
  return $this->format(tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity);
}

that may clear up the error.

Hi there! :)

I changed the dropdown to false. That worked wonderful! I didn't even see that line in my Configuration!!! Thank you!!

Another problem: I tried to install Order_IP_Recorder_1.3_fix, but I got stuck because at step 2 they say to modify

(2) catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php

* FIND:

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status,

* ADD 'ipaddy, ipisp' to the query (no quotes) so it will look like ...

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, ipaddy, ipisp

but I have already modified that text for order editor. Is there a way to work around this?

Thank you again for your time and patience!! :)

hugs,

Simone

Hi there! :)

I changed the dropdown to false. That worked wonderful! I didn't even see that line in my Configuration!!! Thank you!!

Another problem: I tried to install Order_IP_Recorder_1.3_fix, but I got stuck because at step 2 they say to modify

(2) catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php

* FIND:

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status,

* ADD 'ipaddy, ipisp' to the query (no quotes) so it will look like ...

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, ipaddy, ipisp

but I have already modified that text for order editor. Is there a way to work around this?

Thank you again for your time and patience!! :)

hugs,

Simone

Just use

$order_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

Just use
$order_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

Thank you! It works very well! :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work! And thank you again for the kind support!

hugs,

Simone

hi, did like to install this cont. just 2 ?'s

1. is it the full package by djmonkey dated 28 Apr 2006

2. does it also have the feature to select a order as returned.

thanks

Edited by virtualadz

hi, did like to install this cont. just 2 ?'s

1. is it the full package by djmonkey dated 28 Apr 2006

The package dated 28 April 2006 is the most recent full package, aka version 2.5. The file dated 9 May 2006 is one file, admin/edit_orders.php, with a few bug fixes related to the attributes price prefix. Best thing to do is download the one from 28 April 2006 for the full package, then download the one from 9 May 2006 and use the file included as admin/edit_orders.php.

2. does it also have the feature to select a order as returned.

thanks

It does if that's an order status available through your admin interface. You can add and subtract order statuses in administration->localization->orders status.

thanks djmonkey, installed without errors, but the thing is how do i check it that it is alright. also it would be very helpful,

if you could add the thing that it should not show any particular payment option for the country which i have not chosen, is there a way to do this.

also in the discount shipping and taxes section, i add tax 10 but the price doesn't increase, at all and also how do i give discounts.

thanks djmonkey, installed without errors, but the thing is how do i check it that it is alright. also it would be very helpful,

if you could add the thing that it should not show any particular payment option for the country which i have not chosen, is there a way to do this.

Yes, there is a way to do it, but if it isn't already being done automatically it might not be easy to get it to work. The code that performs that step on the catalog side is contained within the payment modules themselves. For example the code that controls the zone check in includes/modules/payment/paypal.php is

function update_status() {
  global $order;

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE > 0) ) {
	$check_flag = false;
	$check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->billing['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");
	while ($check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query)) {
	  if ($check['zone_id'] < 1) {
		$check_flag = true;
		break;
	  } elseif ($check['zone_id'] == $order->billing['zone_id']) {
		$check_flag = true;
		break;
	  }
	}

if ($check_flag == false) {
	  $this->enabled = false;
	}
  }
}

In any case, the check should be done automatically when loading the payment modules; if not, then you may have to look into modifying the code of the payment modules themselves. I don't recommend doing this.

As for how to check that it is alright, you will have to test this yourself. As long as you have performed every step correctly it should be fine. If you have any problems feel free to continue posting here.

also in the discount shipping and taxes section, i add tax 10 but the price doesn't increase, at all and also how do i give discounts.

To add a discount, add a negative amount into one of the empty boxes in the right side column. Make sure to give it a title on the left side or the total won't be saved (both fields are necessary).

The shipping tax field is for tax percentage rate, not the actual cost of the tax. If nothing happens when you enter a value, then perhaps your shipping charges do not exist or are zero.

Hi,

I'm having a problem inserting delivery costs, or when they are included the VAT is calculated incorectly.

sshot.jpg

In the above example I have modified the product, but on the total it leaves the shipping that is ?3.50+VAT out of the vat calculation, Total VAT should be ?6.82.

Also if I have a product I wish to add postage to how do I go about doing this?

Darren

Hi,

I'm having a problem inserting delivery costs, or when they are included the VAT is calculated incorectly.

In the above example I have modified the product, but on the total it leaves the shipping that is ?3.50+VAT out of the vat calculation, Total VAT should be ?6.82.

What is the class of the entry in your orders_total table for the shipping component in this example? If it is something other than ot_shipping then you will need to modify your edit_orders.php file to reflect this.

Darren

Just change the amount shown for shipping. In this example you have 4.00 GBP: that number can be anything you type in the box.

Hi,

Darren

Actually your numbers don't add up. With a shipping charge of ?4.00 the VAT would be ?0.60 (?3.40 + 17.5% VAT). The VAT for your product is ?5.21, with the total being ?5.81 as shown. Where does ?6.82 come from?

Hi,

I'm moving my web site from Windows server to Apache and now, when I go to edit any order, the edit_orders.php is not showing up at all, just a blank page. What can be a problem here on the Apache server that is different from Windows? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm moving my web site from Windows server to Apache and now, when I go to edit any order, the edit_orders.php is not showing up at all, just a blank page. What can be a problem here on the Apache server that is different from Windows? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Search me- all my sites, test and production, are on Apache servers. What it sounds like is the file on the server is empty. Have you tried uploading it again?

Edited by djmonkey1