• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

:(

I tried out to make "Prices incl. Tax" editable, but I can not modiy the "ORDER EDITOR Tool" Version from 2.1 (KRONEDERSCHOEPFUNG) which is modified for german tax calculation, but there you can only edit product prices without tax.

I tried the whole day but since version 2.2 there are so much changes in code (JAVA-Script !! what a F....) - and always these stupid Tax calculations which are not OK for german users.........

AAARRGHGHH

:angry:

OSC Webmakers Edition modiefied with many other contribs and enhancements.

+ STS 4.5.7 for 2.2MS2 and RC1

I changed code in edit_order.php to this:

echo ' </td>' . "\n" .

' <td class="' . $RowStyle . '" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][model]' size='12' value='" . $order->products[$i]['model'] . "'>" . '</td>' . "\n" .

' <td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="center" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][tax]' size='3' value='" . tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . "'>" . '%</td>' . "\n" .

//' <td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][final_price]' size='6' value='" . number_format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], 4, '.', '') . "'>" . '</td>' . "\n" .

' <td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->format4($order->products[$i]['final_price'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .

//' <td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .

' <td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][final_price]' size='10' value='" . number_format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']), 2, '.', '') . "'>" . '</td>' . "\n" .

' <td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</td>' . "\n" .

' <td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], $order->products[$i]['tax']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n";

' </tr>' . "\n";

Now I can get an "edit" field, where is product price including tax (brutto).

But when I click "update", only product price without tax (netto) is updated and in field product price (brutto) is not that what i wanted...

Which lines have to be modied, too ?

I don`t like Version since 2.2 with additional Javascript !!

I installed 2.4 for testing and created a new order.

Than a made nothig except klicking on "update" 3 times :

1.) Original View without modifications:

1.jpg

2.) Only klicked on "aktualisieren"without making any changes manually:

2.jpg

3.) Than made a (-) before Member Discount

3.jpg

And just take a look at the fields "Mehrwertsteuer" - always when I click "aktualisieren", than a new field is added !!!

5.jpg

Sorry - I don`t think that this tool is realy working well...not for me !

I installed 2.4 for testing and created a new order.

Than a made nothig except klicking on "update" 3 times :

1.) Original View without modifications:

2.) Only klicked on "aktualisieren"without making any changes manually:

3.) Than made a (-) before Member Discount

And just take a look at the fields "Mehrwertsteuer" - always when I click "aktualisieren", than a new field is added !!!

Sorry - I don`t think that this tool is realy working well...not for me !

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle....

The first thing you should do is upgrade to v2.4.1 to get rid of the JavaScript errors.

Then, find this section of code at about line 341:

if (is_array ($_POST['update_totals'])){//1
		foreach($_POST['update_totals'] as $total_details)	{//2
			extract($total_details,EXTR_PREFIX_ALL,"ot");
			$ot_tax_found = 0;
			if (($ot_class == "ot_tax") && ($ot_title == $key))
				{//3
				$ot_tax_found = 1;
				break;
				}//end 3
			}//end 2

and change it to this:

if (is_array ($_POST['update_totals'])){//1
		foreach($_POST['update_totals'] as $total_details)	{//2
			$ot_tax_found = 0;
			if (($ot_class == "ot_tax") && (preg_replace("/:$/","",$ot_title) == $key))
				{//3
				$ot_tax_found = 1;
				break;
				}//end 3
			}//end 2

Run through another test order with the upgraded and updated file, and things should be in order. Please post here with any successes and/or failures.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I downloaded file 2.4.1 and installed it with your obove mentioned modification.

Than I created a new order and opened it with the editor:

1.) Unmodified:

6.jpg

2.) No changes - only updating:

7.jpg

3.) No changes - only updating:

8.jpg

You see: with every update a new empty field with "Mehrwertsteuer 16%" is added.

Bug ?

But more important:

Calculation is not OK !

In Germany tax has to be from the TOTAL AMOUNT (= SUB TOTAL + SHIPPING + FEES - DISCOUNTS = TOTAL; TOTAL / 116 * 16 = TAX which is included in TOTAL)

The tool will be right, when after updating without any changes nothing will be changed in the field.

But everytime I make update ther is one more field and the amounts are wrong.

In Product line you can see : amount for 1 item = 100 EUR incl. Tax

But in the big Total Calculation Box (Rabatte, Lieferung, Total) the calculation is wrong...

It is not working for my German Shop !

I downloaded file 2.4.1 and installed it with your obove mentioned modification.

1.) Unmodified:

You see: with every update a new empty field with "Mehrwertsteuer 16%" is added.

Bug ?

But more important:

Calculation is not OK !

In Germany tax has to be from the TOTAL AMOUNT (= SUB TOTAL + SHIPPING + FEES - DISCOUNTS = TOTAL; TOTAL / 116 * 16 = TAX which is included in TOTAL)

The tool will be right, when after updating without any changes nothing will be changed in the field.

But in the big Total Calculation Box (Rabatte, Lieferung, Total) the calculation is wrong...

Your nationality does not have anything to do with the problems you are having. I was able to duplicate the bug where the tax was being duplicated, due to the file not looking for the colon (":"), however the code I posted fixed this problem.

The only way to duplicate the problem you are having is to have a tax rate of 0% with an empty description field included in the tax class you are performing calculations under. You should check your entries under Locations/ Taxes->Tax Rates. I'm willing to bet you have a superfluous entry in this area that should be deleted.

Finally, to fix the problem of the tax being added to the subtotal twice when having the setting of "Display Prices with Tax" set to true (a setting that is not unique to German users BTW) and a new tax entry is being calculated is to find this section of code:

if (($val > 0) && ($ot_tax_found != 1)) {
		$Query = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " set
		orders_id = '" . $oID . "',
		title ='" . $key . "',
		text = '" . $currencies->format($val, true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . "',
		value = '" . $val . "',
		class = 'ot_tax',
		sort_order = '2'";
		tep_db_query($Query);
		$ot_tax_found = 1;

if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true') {
			 $RunningSubTotal += $val;
			} else {
			 $RunningTotal += $val;
			}
			}
		 } 
	}

and comment out the line

as so:

//$RunningSubTotal += $val;

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

1.) Unmodified:

Bug ?

But more important:

Calculation is not OK !

P.S. If you charge tax on shipping, you have to enter in a value (ie "16") in the shipping tax field- otherwise the tax component will not be calculated correctly.

Hi,

I just installed this mod but I'm getting the following SQL Syntax error when trying to edit an order:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'on op.products_id = p.products_id where orders_id = '78'' at line 13

select op.orders_products_id, op.products_name, op.products_model, op.products_price, op.products_tax, op.products_quantity, op.final_price, p.products_tax_class_id from orders_products op join products p on op.products_id = p.products_id where orders_id = '78'

[TEP STOP]

I've search around here but wasn't able to find anything. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!

Shayne

however the code I posted fixed this problem.

I pasted the part of code (was not the complete edit_order.php), started a new order and opened it with Edit Order. No I get another error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_tax_rates_description() (previously declared in /var/www/virtual/xxxxxx.de/htdocs/shop-1/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php:89) in /var/www/virtual/xxxxxx.de/htdocs/shop-1/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 16

The only way to duplicate the problem you are having is to have a tax rate of 0% with an empty description field included in the tax class you are performing calculations under. You should check your entries under Locations/ Taxes->Tax Rates. I'm willing to bet you have a superfluous entry in this area that should be deleted.

YES - I have 2 Tax Rates:

1.) Europe and Germany = 16 %

2.) Rest of world = 0 %

This is the setting and you have to use it in this way when you ship in countries which are not EU.

In EU-Customers have to pay tax - not EU don`t have to pay tax.

I can not delete the second Tax Rate because it`s needed for calculation of invoices and when a customer logs in, tax rate depends which tax zone he is from !

Finally, to fix the problem of the tax being added to the subtotal twice when having the setting of "Display Prices with Tax" set to true (a setting that is not unique to German users BTW) and a new tax entry is being calculated is to find this section of code:

if (($val > 0) && ($ot_tax_found != 1)) {
		$Query = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " set
		orders_id = '" . $oID . "',
		title ='" . $key . "',
		text = '" . $currencies->format($val, true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . "',
		value = '" . $val . "',
		class = 'ot_tax',
		sort_order = '2'";
		tep_db_query($Query);
		$ot_tax_found = 1;

} else {
			 $RunningTotal += $val;
			}
			}
		 } 
	}

and comment out the line

as so:

I did that in the code you posted me in PM, but I think it was not complete (and in the post the line is not commented out) - but it dosen`t work as you see above...

I tried out to comment out the line:

And edited and order in the first field to 16 %

This is what happened:

9.jpg

1.) The duplicate fields are still coming after updating (I think most shop admins will have more than one tax rate....perhaps you can fix it ?)

2.) Total Amount is correct now.

3.) Tax Calc. is not OK (100 + 5 Shipping = 105/116*16 = 14.48)

But it should be: 100 + 5 Shipping - 10 Member Discount = 95/116*16 = 13.10

Tax should be calculated from Order TOTAL after all other components are added/subtracted.

German tax is calculated from the end of an invoice...

Edited by runweb

I tried out to comment out the line:

And edited and order in the first field to 16 %

This is what happened:

1.) The duplicate fields are still coming after updating (I think most shop admins will have more than one tax rate....perhaps you can fix it ?)

2.) Total Amount is correct now.

3.) Tax Calc. is not OK (100 + 5 Shipping = 105/116*16 = 14.48)

But it should be: 100 + 5 Shipping - 10 Member Discount = 95/116*16 = 13.10

Tax should be calculated from Order TOTAL after all other components are added/subtracted.

German tax is calculated from the end of an invoice...

For tax on "Members Discount": post what is written for the 'class' of this component in the table 'orders_total' so we can modify your file to take tax on this component into account. This will fix the total amount of taxes calculated.

For the duplicate tax fields, we have identified a limitation of the file as far as multiple tax rates are concerned, namely that a shop can have multiple tax rates per class, each for a different zone (multiple tax classes and rates are supported, but zones have not been taken into account). Until I can adjust for this, can you write something in the tax description field for your 0% tax rate (incidentally, this still doesn't make sense to me. Calculating a tax rate of 0% is the same as not calculating a tax rate at all- so why bother?)? This should prevent the code from always adding an extra tax field every time you hit update.

In the meantime I'll come up with something to work with different tax rates for different zones. Probably I'll just use the stock osC function tep_get_tax_description (I swear it made sense not to use it at the time :)), or something very similar.

Hi,

I just installed this mod but I'm getting the following SQL Syntax error when trying to edit an order:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'on op.products_id = p.products_id where orders_id = '78'' at line 13

select op.orders_products_id, op.products_name, op.products_model, op.products_price, op.products_tax, op.products_quantity, op.final_price, p.products_tax_class_id from orders_products op join products p on op.products_id = p.products_id where orders_id = '78'

[TEP STOP]

I've search around here but wasn't able to find anything. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!

Shayne

Shayne-

It might be the JOIN command. Find this section of code in admin/includes/classes/order.php:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("
 select 
 op.orders_products_id, 
 op.products_name, 
 op.products_model, 
 op.products_price,
 op.products_tax, 
 op.products_quantity, 
 op.final_price, 
 p.products_tax_class_id,
 p.products_weight
 from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op
 join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
on op.products_id = p.products_id
where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

and change "join" to "LEFT JOIN" as so:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("
 select 
 op.orders_products_id, 
 op.products_name, 
 op.products_model, 
 op.products_price,
 op.products_tax, 
 op.products_quantity, 
 op.final_price, 
 p.products_tax_class_id,
 p.products_weight
 from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op
 LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
on op.products_id = p.products_id
where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

For tax on "Members Discount": post what is written for the 'class' of this component in the table 'orders_total' so we can modify your file to take tax on this component into account. This will fix the total amount of taxes calculated.

This is my "orders_total" updated 1 time - including a Credit Coupon and a member disount:

12.jpg

And this is the SQL status of this order:

14.jpg

For the duplicate tax fields, we have identified a limitation of the file as far as multiple tax rates are concerned, namely that a shop can have multiple tax rates per class, each for a different zone (multiple tax classes and rates are supported, but zones have not been taken into account). Until I can adjust for this, can you write something in the tax description field for your 0% tax rate (incidentally, this still doesn't make sense to me. Calculating a tax rate of 0% is the same as not calculating a tax rate at all- so why bother?)? This should prevent the code from always adding an extra tax field every time you hit update.

What do you mean ? Where should i write "0%" TaxRate to prevent from adding new fields after updating ?

This is my "orders_total" updated 1 time - including a Credit Coupon and a member disount:

And this is the SQL status of this order:

Do you assess tax on the coupons or just the discounts?

What do you mean ? Where should i write "0%" TaxRate to prevent from adding new fields after updating?

Administration->Locations/Taxes->Tax Rates->Click on the 0% tax rate->Click on 'edit'->Enter something in the "Beschreibung:" box (Description)->Click on 'Update'

Do you assess tax on the coupons or just the discounts?

I use only Coupons because I read in forums that Gift Vouchers are much more tricky to configure with taxes and so on.

I made a Coupon (Code) about 10 EUR (included Tax).

Here you can see my configuration in "Admin/Modules/Order Total":

15.jpg

I use only Coupons because I read in forums that Gift Vouchers are much more tricky to configure with taxes and so on.

I made a Coupon (Code) about 10 EUR (included Tax).

Here you can see my configuration in "Admin/Modules/Order Total":

Find this code at about line 316:

// 1.4.0.1 Shipping Tax

if (is_array ($_POST['update_totals'])){
		foreach($_POST['update_totals'] as $total_index => $total_details)
		{
			if($ot_class == "ot_shipping")
			{
		//the value of ot_shipping already includes tax, so we have to extract the base value then redo the tax calcs
 $RunningTax[$default_tax_name] += ($ot_value *  $_POST['update_shipping_tax']) / ($_POST['update_shipping_tax'] + 100);
				} else {
$RunningTax[$default_tax_name] += (($_POST['update_shipping_tax'] / 100) * $ot_value);
				}
			}
		  }
		}

Change the line that reads

if($ot_class == "ot_shipping")

to

if($ot_class == "ot_shipping" || $ot_class ==  "ot_xmembers")

Then find this section of code at about line 640:

//just adding in shipping tax, don't mind me
 $ot_shipping_query = tep_db_query("select value as value from " .  TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where class= 'ot_shipping' and orders_id = '" .  (int)$oID . "'");
		$ot_shipping_value = tep_db_fetch_array($ot_shipping_query);

$RunningTax[$default_tax_name] += ($ot_shipping_value['value'] /  (($order->info['shipping_tax'] / 100) + 1)) *  ($order->info['shipping_tax'] / 100);
			} else {
		$RunningTax[$default_tax_name] += (($order->info['shipping_tax'] / 100) * $ot_shipping_value['value']);
				}

and add this directly below it:

//custom mod for xmembers
 $ot_xmembers_query = tep_db_query("select value as value from " .  TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where class= 'ot_xmembers' and  orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
		$ot_xmembers_value = tep_db_fetch_array($ot_xmembers_query);

$RunningTax[$default_tax_name] += ($ot_xmembers_value['value'] /  (($order->info['shipping_tax'] / 100) + 1)) *  ($order->info['shipping_tax'] / 100);
			} else {
		$RunningTax[$default_tax_name] += (($order->info['shipping_tax'] / 100) * $ot_xmembers_value['value']);
				}
//end xmembers

(...)

In the meantime I'll come up with something to work with different tax rates for different zones. Probably I'll just use the stock osC function tep_get_tax_description (I swear it made sense not to use it at the time :)), or something very similar.

Looking forward to that, djmonkey!

I've got the same problem, for The Netherlands, with a 6% and a 19% TAX class, all for The Netherlands, so without using zones... I upgraded from 1.61 to 2.4.1, and it's getting better now (not 2 times the 19% calculation, but 2 x 19% and 2 x 6%)....

Just wanted to let you know I'm glad someone is working on this problem, I am dealing with it for quite a long time

:thumbsup:

Looking forward to that, djmonkey!

I've got the same problem, for The Netherlands, with a 6% and a 19% TAX class, all for The Netherlands, so without using zones... I upgraded from 1.61 to 2.4.1, and it's getting better now (not 2 times the 19% calculation, but 2 x 19% and 2 x 6%)....

Just wanted to let you know I'm glad someone is working on this problem, I am dealing with it for quite a long time

:thumbsup:

I think it should work ok for you- could you describe your tax setup in more detail?

GREAT ! NOW it works perfeclty with Member Discount AND Coupons(I modiefied your above code and inserted it the same way)

Even the multiple fields after updating is gone after I inserted a description in Tax zones...

Unfortunately I have not a blank installation of OSC (webmakers.com with further mods) - so I can not give it as a Contrib to other users. Perhaps you can make the Contrib finally for german OSC Users ? They will thank you !!

Now all Taxes are working right.

THANKS !!! :thumbsup:

Finally you could help me with a little cosmetics:

17.jpg

GREAT ! NOW it works perfeclty with Member Discount AND Coupons(I modiefied your above code and inserted it the same way)

Even the multiple fields after updating is gone after I inserted a description in Tax zones...

Unfortunately I have not a blank installation of OSC (webmakers.com with further mods) - so I can not give it as a Contrib to other users. Perhaps you can make the Contrib finally for german OSC Users ? They will thank you !!

Now all Taxes are working right.

THANKS !!! :thumbsup:

Finally you could help me with a little cosmetics:

Shipping tax: this is a database setting. Go to php MyAdmin for your database, then click on the 'orders' table, then edit the settings for the 'shipping_tax' field. What you want to do is change the "default" from 0.0000 to 16.0000.

Coupons and discounts: the negative symbols not appearing is the way those contributions write those entries to the database. In a perfect world they would always appear as negatives. It isn't something wrong with Order Editor per se; it's a compatibility issue between those two contributions and Order Editor. See if you can change the way those contributions work so that they will write negative values to the database.

Extra tax field: you'll have to manually delete any extra fields from your 'order_totals' table in your database. Please be aware that until a zone fix for multiple tax rates is available Order Editor will continue to make one extra field per order. The sort order problem will be solved by solving the zones problem.

Shipping tax: this is a database setting. Go to php MyAdmin for your database, then click on the 'orders' table, then edit the settings for the 'shipping_tax' field. What you want to do is change the "default" from 0.0000 to 16.0000.

Ok - fixed that in database - now always 16% by default

Coupons and discounts: the negative symbols not appearing is the way those contributions write those entries to the database. In a perfect world they would always appear as negatives. It isn't something wrong with Order Editor per se; it's a compatibility issue between those two contributions and Order Editor. See if you can change the way those contributions work so that they will write negative values to the database.

OK - perhaps I can fix that

Extra tax field: you'll have to manually delete any extra fields from your 'order_totals' table in your database. Please be aware that until a zone fix for multiple tax rates is available Order Editor will continue to make one extra field per order. The sort order problem will be solved by solving the zones problem.

Please let me know, when the zone fix is available.

The different zones are made to decide for some ot_....Modules for which zone they are possible. This is for payment or shipping - Germany, EU and Rest of world have different zone handling...that`s the reason why I have minimum 2 Zones.

I use oscommerce with joomla/mambo and all my variable are $_REQUEST in my store this is the way to my order.php

http://localhost/xampp/testseiten/joomla/administrator/index2.php?option=com_oscommerce&osMod=orders

// Step 1: Choose Category
		echo '<tr class="dataTableRow"><form action=' . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] .'?oID=' . $_GET['oID'] . '&action=' . $_GET['action'] . ' method="POST">' . "\n";

this is the way to my edit_orders.php

http://localhost/xampp/testseiten/joomla/administrator/index2.php?oID=6&option=com_escommerce&osMod=edit_orders

but when i will add a product in step 3 of the edit_orders.php, so i have this way and its wrong:

http://localhost/xampp/testseiten/joomla/administrator/index2.php?oID=6&action=add_product&step=1

the error is here:

<form action=' . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] .'?oID=' .