• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

I am having a problem with the payment option not working, when I enter the method of payment nothing happens? >_< Can anyone help?

I don't understand the problem. Describe what you're doing, what it is you expect to happen, and what version you're using.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I understand fixing an issue, like postal code. but, if you want to add a product, how do they pay for it if they don't go through the checkout process?

If you want to give them a discount, they've already paid, haven't they?

I would think s

It depends on how the products are sold and how payment is collected. For instance perhaps your company has wholesale customers who pay on Net-30 terms and you want to give them a credit, on their current order, for a product billed on a previous order. You could do this with Order Editor by adding in a negative product to their current order.

I myself just took a very large order over the phone for the company I work for, I gave the customer a discount on the products and they will provide FedEx labels for shipping. In order to get them an invoice I'll put the order in through the website, via my account with the website, then via Order Editor will change the appropriate details including product price, shipping, payment method, etc, then bill the customer and collect payment.

Not every contribution is for everyone.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

As stated in an earlier post there is a bug when a order uses 2 VAT-rates. When tis is the case there are 2 entries in orders_total of class "ot_tax" :

One has the title containing the name of VAT-rate 1

The other one has the title containing the name of the VAT-rate 2

When the order_edit module update's the ot_tax record, it updates BOTH records resulting in a "double" VAT calculation.

Futhermore I wonder why anyone would change a taxrate???,

This is completly defined in the taxzones, personaly i can imagine that disabling tax for a particulair artikel would make sence, but changing taxrates ???

Yes, this is a serious bug with Order Editor. I wish I had realized the magnitude of this so I could have done something about it for v2.0, mais c'est la vie.

It's being looked at and a solution may be on the horizon.

I don't understand the problem. Describe what you're doing, what it is you expect to happen, and what version you're using.

when I type in the payment method, I was told it would allow me then enter a credit card number for proccessing?

Hello djmonkey1 ;)

I confirm the tax problem...

And another one, with the payment method dropdown...

When editing an order, by default, the payment method in dropdown is set to the first of the list, instead of this who has been selected by the customer...

If you don't pay attention, when updating, you change the payment method to a wrong one....

;)

when I type in the payment method, I was told it would allow me then enter a credit card number for proccessing?

You have to enter "Credit Card" and then hit update.

If you want to know how to modify the code so the cc info block is always shown I can post that here.

You have to enter "Credit Card" and then hit update.

If you want to know how to modify the code so the cc info block is always shown I can post that here.

Yes please if you do not care to show that code that would be great! Also will it process the card for payment to be made?

Sorry to barge in mid way through your dialog.

I was looking at this contrib thinking it may be useful but if I add an item to an order how will I get payment for it? I use Barclaycard Business EPDQ CPI as my payment provider (in the UK) and they handle all the CC payments. Without contacting the customer for their CC details all I can do via their site is issue credits, void/delete etc. I can manually process a payment only if I directly contact the customer and get his CC details, which kind of defeats the whole e-commerce thing....

Thanks,

Dave.

Edited by djswain1

I was looking at this contrib thinking it may be useful but if I add an item to an order how will I get payment for it? I use Barclaycard Business EPDQ CPI as my payment provider (in the UK) and they handle all the CC payments. Without contacting the customer for their CC details all I can do via their site is issue credits, void/delete etc. I can manually process a payment only if I directly contact the customer and get his CC details, which kind of defeats the whole e-commerce thing....

This isn't really an issue for discussion here, the issue is a flaw with realtime credit card processing and is nothing to do with the Order Editor mod.

Having said that I do appreciate its an issue. I process all credit cards manually through my banks online system and its very time consuming. I'd like to automate it and I could, except I have a lot of advance orders which just doesn't work with realtime processing - the same as adding products doesn't.

Its an issue which the payment processors and / or Mastercard and Visa need to address though.

As stated in an earlier post there is a bug when a order uses 2 VAT-rates. When tis is the case there are 2 entries in orders_total of class "ot_tax" :

One has the title containing the name of VAT-rate 1

The other one has the title containing the name of the VAT-rate 2

The way in which the Order Editor processes the order_totals values is flawed - as its hard coded rather than using the osC code which creates them when the order is first placed. I'm working on a re-write which will use the osC code instead - if successful all of the tax problems will be gone for good.

Jon.

And another one, with the payment method dropdown...

When editing an order, by default, the payment method in dropdown is set to the first of the list, instead of this who has been selected by the customer...

That's an interesting problem, because the way nuttycat implemented that dropdown it uses the osc function tep_draw_pul_down_menu.

At the bottom of your admin/includes/functions/html_output.php you should have this function defined as so:

// Output a form pull down menu
 function tep_draw_pull_down_menu($name, $values, $default = '', $parameters = '', $required = false) {
$field = '<select name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"';

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

$field .= '>';

if (empty($default) && isset($GLOBALS[$name])) $default = stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($values); $i<$n; $i++) {
  $field .= '<option value="' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['id']) . '"';
  if ($default == $values[$i]['id']) {
	$field .= ' SELECTED';
  }

$field .= '>' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '"', '\'' => ''', '<' => '<', '>' => '>')) . '</option>';
}
$field .= '</select>';

if ($required == true) $field .= TEXT_FIELD_REQUIRED;

return $field;
 }

And in your Order Editor file you should have this for the payment method drop-down:

<?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('update_info_payment_method', $enabled_payment, $order->info['payment_method']); ?>

You can see that "$order->info['payment_method'])" corresponds to the the "default" entry, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Do a "View Source" on the finished page (what you see with your web browser) and post the displayed code for the drop-down menu.

It should look something like this:

<select name="update_info_payment_method"><option value="Credit Card" selected="selected">Credit Card</option><option value="Cash on Delivery">Cash on Delivery</option><option value="Other">Other</option></select>

Edited by djmonkey1

Thanks,

Dave.

Order Editor isn't a payment module.

The only way you should ever retrieve a cc payment from your customers is after they authorize you to charge their card for the amount. This isn't even a flaw in card processing- it's for security.

Look at it this way- say you placed an order with an online shop using your Visa. The site used real-time cc processing so the store owner/administrator never saw your card number. Someone at the company arbitrarily decides you actually wanted twice as many products as you ordered, doubles the quantity of everything, then tells their credit card processor to charge you again as the order has been doubled. You find out when you get the bill. How would you feel about that?

Yes please if you do not care to show that code that would be great! Also will it process the card for payment to be made?

Order Editor is not a payment module- see my post above.

Find the following section of code:

<!-- Begin Credit Card Info Block -->
  <?php if ($order->info['cc_type'] || $order->info['cc_owner'] || $order->info['cc_number'] || $order->info['payment_method'] == "Credit Card" || $order->info['payment_method'] == "Kreditkarte") { ?>
  <tr>
	<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_TYPE; ?></td>
	<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_type" size="10" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_type']; ?>" /></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER; ?></td>
	<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_owner" size="20" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_owner']; ?>" /></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER; ?></td>
	<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_number" size="20" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_number']; ?>" /></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES; ?></td>
	<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_expires" size="4" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_expires']; ?>" maxlength="4" /></td>
  </tr>
<?php } ?>
 <!-- End Credit Card Info Block -->

And change it to this:

<!-- Begin Credit Card Info Block -->

<tr>
	 <td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
	 <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_TYPE; ?></td>
	 <td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_type" size="10" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_type']; ?>" /></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
	 <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER; ?></td>
	 <td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_owner" size="20" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_owner']; ?>" /></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
	 <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER; ?></td>
	 <td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_number" size="20" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_number']; ?>" /></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
	 <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES; ?></td>
	 <td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_expires" size="4" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_expires']; ?>" maxlength="4" /></td>
   </tr>

<!-- End Credit Card Info Block -->

Please help me out! Iam not sure if iam the only one to have yet this same problem. I have tried this contrb. earlier and couldn get it work so no as there where new version i tried again same result! No go! But as it was described it should work now for us to use tax inc in catalog. So iam lost how come this dosent work. This is what i got:

When i tkae out order to edit it seems ok. Only one thing is strange in total field there is headline like posting payment method and for me tax 22%. In this tax field there is actual total. But so far the amount is correct. If i do some changes then there comes one more line what is indicating new total and its douple or something what it should be. Now it seems to add that old tax field (what was the actual total already) and so the new toatl just keeps growing. I dont have a clue what is going on. I do have now in this 2_1 version line 24 country selected as "DE". The other german stuff i did not quit understand and it gave me an error that some germanbt table missing so i changhed that into false.

Have anyone got this working when catalog is showing taxes already?

If you are using 1 tax rate on an order it should be working (I also have tax included in the catalog and it worked for orders containing just 1 taxrate) but if you have more taxrates there is a problem.

The developpers are working on it.

If you use the latest version on the contribution site, check the taxrates for DE, perhaps you introduce a second taxrate for shipping and this is causing the problem.

Please help me out! Iam not sure if iam the only one to have yet this same problem. I have tried this contrb. earlier and couldn get it work so no as there where new version i tried again same result! No go! But as it was described it should work now for us to use tax inc in catalog. So iam lost how come this dosent work. This is what i got:

When i tkae out order to edit it seems ok. Only one thing is strange in total field there is headline like posting payment method and for me tax 22%. In this tax field there is actual total. But so far the amount is correct. If i do some changes then there comes one more line what is indicating new total and its douple or something what it should be. Now it seems to add that old tax field (what was the actual total already) and so the new toatl just keeps growing. I dont have a clue what is going on. I do have now in this 2_1 version line 24 country selected as "DE". The other german stuff i did not quit understand and it gave me an error that some germanbt table missing so i changhed that into false.

The problem probably lies with the fact that, as jon_l has mentioned recently,

the way in which the Order Editor processes the order_totals values is flawed - as its hard coded rather than using the osC code which creates them when the order is first placed.
. Because of this Order Editor doesn't take into account that the SubTotal in your shop already includes tax, as does the shipping rate if you charge tax on shipping, and totals up everything it's own way. I haven't had time to look at the German-US mod, though, there may be something in there that is conflicting with your shop.

If you use the latest version on the contribution site, check the taxrates for DE, perhaps you introduce a second taxrate for shipping and this is causing the problem

Yes i have latest and i have only 1 tax rate set. I did look up the code and there were in some place some calculations made with fixed number 16. Isnt that Germany tax? Why it is hardcoded into it? Did you mean something like that in your answer?

I do have this cone cod mod what has also own tax incl. price. I dont know if this is that problem. I also noticed that there is some misscalculation (or maybe its because this hardcode mode).

So i guess i just have to keep on waiting that there is working version for me (i dont know the code well enuff to work on my own). I hope somebody finds the time to fix this cause this mode is really important and actually i think it should included in osc main release.

Yes i have latest and i have only 1 tax rate set. I did look up the code and there were in some place some calculations made with fixed number 16. Isnt that Germany tax? Why it is hardcoded into it? Did you mean something like that in your answer?

I do have this cone cod mod what has also own tax incl. price. I dont know if this is that problem. I also noticed that there is some misscalculation (or maybe its because this hardcode mode).

So i guess i just have to keep on waiting that there is working version for me (i dont know the code well enuff to work on my own). I hope somebody finds the time to fix this cause this mode is really important and actually i think it should included in osc main release.

I found one place in the code where 16 is hardcoded into a calculation that is active by default:

$RunningTax += (($ot_value / (100 + 16)) * 16); //Tax is included in Discounts and added to RunningTAX

This code is only executed if ($edit_orders_in_country == 'DE') and is used to apply a tax rate to values in the order_totals table where "$ot_class == ot_customer_discount" || $ot_class == "ot_custom" .

What is it that you want the code to accomplish? Add tax to shipping, not add tax to shipping, ???

Where, specifically, do you find calculations to be wrong, and by how much?

Incidentally, does anyone know what

(($ot_value / (100 + 16)) * 16)

is meant to calculate?

Edited by djmonkey1

Order Editor isn't a payment module.

The only way you should ever retrieve a cc payment from your customers is after they authorize you to charge their card for the amount. This isn't even a flaw in card processing- it's for security.

Look at it this way- say you placed an order with an online shop using your Visa. The site used real-time cc processing so the store owner/administrator never saw your card number. Someone at the company arbitrarily decides you actually wanted twice as many products as you ordered, doubles the quantity of everything, then tells their credit card processor to charge you again as the order has been doubled. You find out when you get the bill. How would you feel about that?

Hi, Are they anyway to let the custimore log in and pay for this after you have changed the order? All I can do is just view it? Adding a pay button would be great!

Hi djmonkey

I am back to this now....

Tried to edit the line I oringal presented using only add_product_stock but alas this is still not updating the attibute value when you edit stock quantity within OE (to confirm, it updates the total figure but not the attribute figure)

The product_stock table is made up of the following:

products_stock_id

products_id

products_stock_attributes

products_stock_quantity

Is there any chance you could take another look at this? Any more info needed?

Many thanks

W

The variable
$_POST['add_product_stock_quantity']

doesn't exist in OE, unless you created it somewhere else. You should use

$_POST['add_product_quantity']

I might be able to help you more but I would need to know the structure of the table products_stock.

Also, if you want to upgrade to v2.1, I know that there are three stock checks in that version: one for changing product quantities, one for deleting products, and one for adding products. You would have to add on to all three.

Hi djmonkey

I am back to this now....

Tried to edit the line I oringal presented using only add_product_stock but alas this is still not updating the attibute value when you edit stock quantity within OE (to confirm, it updates the total figure but not the attribute figure)

The product_stock table is made up of the following:

products_stock_id

products_id

products_stock_attributes

products_stock_quantity

Is there any chance you could take another look at this? Any more info needed?

Many thanks

W

Each different attribute has it's own products_stock_id? So a product with four selections and 20 options per selection, would have 80 entries in this table?

I could write up code that will update products_stock but it will do it by products_id, not products_stock_id which is probably the unique id in this table.

Edited by djmonkey1

That's an interesting problem, because the way nuttycat implemented that dropdown it uses the osc function tep_draw_pul_down_menu.

At the bottom of your admin/includes/functions/html_output.php you should have this function defined as so:

function tep_draw_pull_down_menu($name, $values, $default = '', $parameters = '', $required = false) {

$field .= '>';

if (empty($default) && isset($GLOBALS[$name])) $default = stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]);

$field .= ' SELECTED';
  }

$field .= '>' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '"', '\'' => ''', '<' => '<', '>' => '>')) . '</option>';
}
$field .= '</select>';

return $field;
 }

And in your Order Editor file you should have this for the payment method drop-down:

<?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('update_info_payment_method', $enabled_payment, $order->info['payment_method']); ?>

You can see that "$order->info['payment_method'])" corresponds to the the "default" entry, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Do a "View Source" on the finished page (what you see with your web browser) and post the displayed code for the drop-down menu.

It should look something like this:

<select name="update_info_payment_method"><option value="Credit Card" selected="selected">Credit Card</option><option value="Cash on Delivery">Cash on Delivery</option><option value="Other">Other</option></select>

Hi Djmonkey

this is my function, I'm using a creloaded version...

////

$field .= '>';

$field .= ' SELECTED';
  }

}
$field .= '</select>';

return $field;
 }
////

Just a little bit different....

This is my html code:

<select name="update_info_payment_method"><option value="Contre Remboursement">Contre Remboursement</option><option value="Enl?vement direct au magasin">Enl?vement direct au magasin</option><option value="Paiement par mandat">Paiement par mandat</option><option value="Paiement par chèque">Paiement par chèque</option><option value="Paiement par virement bancaire">Paiement par virement bancaire</option><option value="Other">Other</option></select>	<!--  <input name="update_info_payment_method" size="35" value="Paiement par ch?que" /> -->

In fact, when I click on Edit Button, payment method is correctly displayed.

But when I've updated my order, it displays the top of list payment method by default...

I have to pay attention if I wanna re-update and need tochange it first for the correct one.

Another problem... :(

I've installed an OT module: subtotal without tax module

<?php
/*
$Id: ot_total.php,v 1.7 2003/02/13 00:12:04 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

class ot_total_ht {
  var $title, $output;

function ot_total_ht() {
 $this->code = 'ot_total_ht';
 $this->title = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_HT_TOTAL_TITLE;
 $this->description = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_HT_TOTAL_DESCRIPTION;
 $this->enabled = ((MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_HT_TOTAL_STATUS == 'true') ? true : false);
 $this->sort_order = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_HT_TOTAL_SORT_ORDER;

$this->output = array();
  }

function process() {
 global $order, $currencies;

$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title . ':',
						 'text' => '<b>' . $currencies->format($order->info['totalHT'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b>',
						 'value' => $order->info['totalHT']);
  }

function check() {
 if (!isset($this->_check)) {
   $check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_HT_TOTAL_STATUS'");
   $this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
 }

return $this->_check;
  }

function keys() {
 return array('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_HT_TOTAL_STATUS', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_HT_TOTAL_SORT_ORDER');
  }

function install() {
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Affichage du total', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_HT_TOTAL_STATUS', 'true', 'Voulez-vous montrer le total de la commande HT ?', '6', '1','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Ordre de tri', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_HT_TOTAL_SORT_ORDER', '4', 'Ordre de tri pour l\'affichage (Le plus petit nombre est montré en premier).', '6', '2', now())");
  }

function remove() {
 tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
  }
}
?>

It appears during the first editing process, above Total with tax and is added when i update...

So the total price is: total without tax+ total with tax.....

I have to set it first to 0, it disappears after updating and the price is correct...

How could it be fixed?

Edited by M@verick

Here is a patcht that adds the following to edit_orders:

- different treatment of DE/US tax schemes in the "add item" branch (up to now it was only implemented in the update branch)

- proper tax handling for oders with articles having different tax rates

the patch is against edit_orders.php and against admin/include/classes/order.php

from the osCommerce distribution:

http://php-baustelle.de/patches/edit_orders.patch

--

Hartmut Holzgraefe <[email protected]>

Hi Djmonkey

It appears during the first editing process, above Total with tax and is added when i update...

So the total price is: total without tax+ total with tax.....

I have to set it first to 0, it disappears after updating and the price is correct...

How could it be fixed?

If you see a difference in your function tep_draw_pull_down_form (I can't), try changing yours to be identical to the one I posted.

For you other issue, please post your setting for Display Prices with Tax, how many tax classes you have as well as how many tax rates per class.

Hi,

I'm having a problem updating the status of the order using order editor. If I change the status but don't add any comments in the comments box then the status of the order does not change in the order history but it does change the status of the order (it shows when the customer looks at it and in the main orders.php page).

If I add comments then the status of the order updates correctly and shows in the order history that it has happened.

I don't have this problem if I make the change of status in the default OSCommerce bit.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks, Dave

Hi,

I'm having a problem updating the status of the order using order editor. If I change the status but don't add any comments in the comments box then the status of the order does not change in the order history but it does change the status of the order (it shows when the customer looks at it and in the main orders.php page).

If I add comments then the status of the order updates correctly and shows in the order history that it has happened.

I don't have this problem if I make the change of status in the default OSCommerce bit.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks, Dave

Yes- change

if ( ($check_status['orders_status'] != $status) || tep_not_null($_POST['comments'])) {

to

if (($check_status['orders_status'] != $_POST['status']) || (tep_not_null($_POST['comments']))) {

This might not solve the problem, I'm still looking at it. It's driving me nuts because it seems to happen randomly.

Edited by djmonkey1